• Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel

Mini-Update for last week

My goodness we have 300 posts on this thread (and over 6,500 views).

A very mixed week last week after the 23 Sept bombshell there seemed to have been a bit of a lull in approvals. :SLEEP:

Then last week started horribly with two rejections and I finally decided to add the colour brown (for poo - I'm being polite) for SS rejections to the first page.

Vinnie and Senorita got rejections :sad: - fingers crossed for them if they decide to challenge this with VIC.

Bebac and my OH were asked to sign declarations of committment to Victoria.

So it does look as if they are currently working on the Science professionals at the moment - IT folks surely you must be next...

N111kkx then got the great news that their appeal of their rejection was successful and they have been approved and I was able to change them from poo to blue such a shame your very first application for the 475 did not go through and you were messed around so much getting the 176 you would probably have had your visa by now...

Then more great news Bebac got approved and turned blue

Noone has joined us as an October applicant yet - I wonder if there is going to be less demand for SS visas or maybe it was just a bad time given the recent changes?

If we now look at the original poll that was attached to this thread it is laughable that the longest timeline I had included was being in Melbourne before the end of 2010 - now with all the changes I think we all have to reassess our timescale plans.

-----------------------------------------------------------

April Applications Submitted: 2 Approved: 1

June Applications Submitted: 3 Approved: 1

July Applications Submitted: 6, Approved: 3, CO: 2, Visas Granted: 1

August Applications Submitted: 8 Approved: 5 Rejected: 2

September Applications Submitted: 3 Approved: 1

Guest senorita
My dear friends,

I GOT IT TODAY!!!! I am so, so happy ;)))

Hey many many congratulations!!! I may enquire about my rejection with Vic SS. Let's see if something positive can happen?

I chased Vic again (2nd time) "your application is still being assessed by and industry panel - we appologise for any delay and will contact you as soon as a decision is available"

Thats at least 4 weeks the panel has been assesing it, I wonder what the assessment consists of :twitcy:

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

HI,

We have had some light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been living in melbourne for 9 mnths now working for my employer on a 457 temp visa but before we came we applied for a 175 which we thought we might of had by now lol.

We changed to a state sponser in august and was excepted in agust but due to all the great changes it put a big dent in our plans yet again.

But we have great news i have aproached my employers and they will sponser me for a ENS so we are over the moon and hopefully have the visas by christmas YIPEE !!!!!!!!!!!

Guest VickyMel
I chased Vic again (2nd time) "your application is still being assessed by and industry panel - we appologise for any delay and will contact you as soon as a decision is available"

Thats at least 4 weeks the panel has been assesing it, I wonder what the assessment consists of :twitcy:

Hopefully PIO won't crash as I reply this time - hope it was not me that caused it earlier:laugh:

I expect that maybe "the industry panel" is an automated reply that you will get anywhere after lodging to them telling you if you are approved or not. It would be interesting to know what the industry panel is. I have always assumed (hoped) it is a group of people who are employers in the relevant fields and have knowledge of the qualifications.

Guest VickyMel
HI,

We have had some light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been living in melbourne for 9 mnths now working for my employer on a 457 temp visa but before we came we applied for a 175 which we thought we might of had by now lol.

We changed to a state sponser in august and was excepted in agust but due to all the great changes it put a big dent in our plans yet again.

But we have great news i have aproached my employers and they will sponser me for a ENS so we are over the moon and hopefully have the visas by christmas YIPEE !!!!!!!!!!!

Hurray - that is really great news - what a relief I hope that it is processed swiftly and you can finally get a PR and know you are safe to relax and settle.

Has anyone gone through Victoria's SS or know this.

When filling an online application they ask you to send them your resume, skill assessment letter and qualification/certificates but you can only send a copy each. Does someone know how to add more as i got at least 20 Certificates.

Help me here please

Guest suni123

You would NOT need to upload only your PG/G certificates and note the score reports.

Also if you have a lot of certifications or qualifications the scan them and make them into a single pdf and send it across. Alternatively, VIS SS officers would get back to you if the appln is not complete and you could send it over email.

Sorry missed out a word above which would change a lot of meening. PG - Post Graduation / G - Graduate.

Guest VickyMel
Has anyone gone through Victoria's SS or know this.

When filling an online application they ask you to send them your resume, skill assessment letter and qualification/certificates but you can only send a copy each. Does someone know how to add more as i got at least 20 Certificates.

Help me here please

We only sent a copy of OH's CV with the original application, nothing else was requested on the application form. Victoria like a detailed CV - as Suni mentioned above if they want more it appears they come back and ask for it. I don't think they need/want to see your certificates (although I may be wrong here?) is the later 176 application to DIAC that will require the certificates.

When you have applied please think about joining us on this thread by filling in some of the following details about yourself and I can add you to the first page of this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------

Name: asad

Online SS submitted:

SS acknowledged:

SS received:

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further docs requested:

Hi Suni

Sorry what do you mean by PG/G certificates and note the score reports.?

Victoria like a detailed CV, Does this means its gotta be more than two pages?

Sorry guys..................iam abit confused here..

Guest VickyMel
Hi Suni

Sorry what do you mean by PG/G certificates and note the score reports.?

Victoria like a detailed CV, Does this means its gotta be more than two pages?

Sorry guys..................iam abit confused here..

I don't think the number of pages matters more that the CV should give a person with knowledge in your field of work an overview of the type of skills and responsibilities you have so that they can decide if you have the skills Victoria are looking for.

It appears (we are not totally sure what happens) that Victoria use an "industrial panel" to look over your details and CV to determine if you have the skills they are after.

So possibly your CV is going to be looked at by people with knowledge in your field of work.

Several people who submitted a short CV have been asked to submit a CV with more detail - so rather than a CV that says I worked here then here and the dates - it may be worth filling in some additional details of your responsibilities / skills in each relevant position.

I don't think you need to worry too much - Victoria do seem to come back to people and ask for an expanded CV if they want more detail.

If you are happy to mention your type of occupation it may be that someone else has better knowledge of what you might need to attach skills wise?

Hi guys,

I applied for SS Victoria today.

But i was just wondering whether i could apply to Department of Immigration and Citizenship in the same time or not>

Someone please advise me here.

thanks

Hi guys,

I applied for SS Victoria today.

But i was just wondering whether i could apply to Department of Immigration and Citizenship in the same time or not>

Someone please advise me here.

thanks

If you have enough points (120+) you can apply for a 175 and change it to a 176 if your sponsorship is approved.

Guest saini547

Name: JASWANT SAINI

Online SS submitted: 20/09/2009

SS acknowledged: 25/09/2009

SS received:

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further docs requested:

Guest VickyMel

Welcome to the VIC SS thread Jaswant Saini I have added your details to the first page.

It's good to have you with us I think we have been learning a lot from each other as we go along.

I hope that you get some positive feedback soon, feel free to come into this thread and chat with the others about issues regarding Victoria SS.

Hey Freebo,

HOw does that work? I already applied for Victoria's SS yesterday...

I could apply for 175 visa because I got 140 points. but I think according to the other people 176 SS seems to be processed quicker thats all.

Please correct me if i am wrong!

asad

Hi N111kkx,

Thats what I sent to Victoria's SS my Cv is 2 pages as well but mine does tells that i do this and that. A very short description of my duties and of course the dates.

I also made one PDF file which held all my certificates and employers letter but i couldn't upload it because the file was too large. It was nearly 15 MBs and we are only allowed to upload just upto 2MBs so in the end i had to reduce it to 2MBs. Which did not hold more than 5 certificates and these were, NVQ L2 from my apprenticeship place and City & Guilds Level 3 from College.

I don't know whats gonna happen!

Hi N111kkx,

Thats what I sent to Victoria's SS my Cv is 2 pages as well but mine does tells that i do this and that. A very short description of my duties and of course the dates.

I also made one PDF file which held all my certificates and employers letter but i couldn't upload it because the file was too large. It was nearly 15 MBs and we are only allowed to upload just upto 2MBs so in the end i had to reduce it to 2MBs. Which did not hold more than 5 certificates and these were, NVQ L2 from my apprenticeship place and City & Guilds Level 3 from College.

I don't know whats gonna happen!

I think I would email them and explain and ask if they would like certified copies to be sent to them - just to cover all angles.

best of luck

Hey Freebo,

HOw does that work? I already applied for Victoria's SS yesterday...

I could apply for 175 visa because I got 140 points. but I think according to the other people 176 SS seems to be processed quicker thats all.

Please correct me if i am wrong!

asad

You apply for a 175, if Vic grant SS and you accept they send a form (1100) to DIAC and your app changes to a 176 - no cost. This is what I did, I wanted my 175 to get in the queue, I'm still waiting to hear if Vic grant my SS after 3 months, but most of that 3 months my 175 has been in hopefully moving up the queue.

Archived