• depends on securing a job
    • depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Great news today,

our State Sponsorship has been granted!!!

we can't believe it. it's only been around three weeks waiting too. on to the next step now!

our application has already been lodged with DIAC, so Victoria will let DIAC know of our sponsorship. then it's just waiting for a CO, then police and meds!

it's all seeming a bit more real now - i know my mum won't be very happy!!

thanks to everyone who's helped.

i'll keep you posted on any further developements.

Paul Terri & Mojo (the British Blue!)

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VickyMel
Great news today,

our State Sponsorship has been granted!!!

we can't believe it. it's only been around three weeks waiting too. on to the next step now!

our application has already been lodged with DIAC, so Victoria will let DIAC know of our sponsorship. then it's just waiting for a CO, then police and meds!

it's all seeming a bit more real now - i know my mum won't be very happy!!

thanks to everyone who's helped.

i'll keep you posted on any further developements.

Paul Terri & Mojo (the British Blue!)

Congratulations Paul Terri & Mojo - I have turned you to Blue on the first page :biggrin:

Good luck with the next stages and keep in touch and let us know how they go.

Good luck telling your mum I hope she is not too upset.

Mine knows and understands but I know my MIL will be very upset when she finds out.

Hurray 2 blues this week!

Name:Suni.S

Online SS submitted: 15th Sept 2009

SS acknowledged:17th Spet 2009

SS received:

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

Delays/further docs requested: Requested for updated CV - as details about work expr for the last 2/4 months is not present. I am actually jobless for the last few months and in addition I wanted to complete a certification. Is this a good reason to tell them or should I tell them I am doing some freelance work ? Would this create a problem is because the applicatant is presently jobless?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Guest VickyMel
Delays/further docs requested: Requested for updated CV - as details about work expr for the last 2/4 months is not present. I am actually jobless for the last few months and in addition I wanted to complete a certification. Is this a good reason to tell them or should I tell them I am doing some freelance work ? Would this create a problem is because the applicatant is presently jobless?

Hi Suni - great to have you with us.

I have added your details to the first page we have a few more IT people on this thread.

I think the best is always to tell the truth with the application. I don't think that currently being unemployed is a problem (but I don't know for sure - maybe check in the Victoria or DIAC eligibility details - or maybe someone else can come on and confirm). I think what is more of issue is the amount of experience you have in the occupation you are using as your skill?

Victoria have asked a coupleof people to resubmit their CVs - it sounds like they were wanting a more detailed CV so they could better see what actual experience the people had.

I hope that helps - hopefully some more people will come on here and advise you too. If not maybe try starting a new thread which more people will see and asking for advice.

Hi Suni - great to have you with us.

I have added your details to the first page we have a few more IT people on this thread.

I think the best is always to tell the truth with the application. I don't think that currently being unemployed is a problem (but I don't know for sure - maybe check in the Victoria or DIAC eligibility details - or maybe someone else can come on and confirm). I think what is more of issue is the amount of experience you have in the occupation you are using as your skill?

Victoria have asked a coupleof people to resubmit their CVs - it sounds like they were wanting a more detailed CV so they could better see what actual experience the people had.

I hope that helps - hopefully some more people will come on here and advise you too. If not maybe try starting a new thread which more people will see and asking for advice.

Thanks Vicky ... First of all, thanks for the help. Is it a good idea to tell them I am doing some training for a certification now? and also free lancing ? I am worried if this will complicate towards something new ?????

Guest VickyMel
Thanks Vicky ... First of all, thanks for the help. Is it a good idea to tell them I am doing some training for a certification now? and also free lancing ? I am worried if this will complicate towards something new ?????

Hi Suni Sorry I really can't advise you I just don't know - your guess is as good as mine. Maybe try starting a new thread in the migration issues forum - then everyone will see it and someone may know the answer.

Is it true that now a days many of the VIC SS applications are being closed if the person gets more that 120 points and the person is requested to apply for GSM-175 instead ??

Hi,

I am new to this forum and my husband and I have applied for a Vic State sponsor so I thought I would share our timeline with you:

Name:Allany

Online SS submitted:18.08.09

SS acknowledged:24.08.09

SS received:

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Expected departure date:

Delays/further docs requested:

Is it true that now a days many of the VIC SS applications are being closed if the person gets more that 120 points and the person is requested to apply for GSM-175 instead ??

I've never heard of that happening, I have 125 points but if Vic where going to reject me for that reason I would have prefered they'd done so fairly soon after I applied.

A good question for the good folk on this thread, and other SS threads for that matter would be "do you have enough points to apply for a non-sponsored visa (i.e. 120+)". There are basically 2 reasons to apply for SS, either because you need the extra points or because you want faster processing (or both :biggrin:). It would be interesting to know how it breaks down.

Naturally in order to get these benefits you need to be committed to the state in question, my wife & I visited VIC, NSW, WA and QLD before deciding (and I've been to SA a few times previously, and lived in QLD for 5 years a long time ago, TAS looks too cold although I've never been there)

Guest sunnyday
I've never heard of that happening, I have 125 points but if Vic where going to reject me for that reason I would have prefered they'd done so fairly soon after I applied.

A good question for the good folk on this thread, and other SS threads for that matter would be "do you have enough points to apply for a non-sponsored visa (i.e. 120+). There are basically 2 reasons to apply for SS, either because you need the extra points or because you want faster processing (or both ). It would be interesting to know how it breaks down.

Naturally in order to get these benefits you need to be committed to the state in question, my wife & I visited VIC, NSW, WA and QLD before deciding (and I've been to SA a few times previously, and lived in QLD for 5 years a long time ago, TAS looks too cold although I've never been there)

Hi freebo, wow how lucky are you too have seen so much oz!!

I don't actually know but I can't see Vic knocking back people just because they can get 175 and go anywhere, if you go state they've got people they need there for 2 years............does that make sense??? I know what I mean :twitcy:

We had a couple of options ....OH had 120 points and I had 115, however to go through hubby would have taken a lot longer to get skills assessed and cost more money, so we decided to go through me and go SS to get the extra points :wubclub:

Guest VickyMel
Hi,

I am new to this forum and my husband and I have applied for a Vic State sponsor so I thought I would share our timeline with you:

Name:Allany

Hi Allany

Its really great to have you waiting with us - I have added your details to the front page. Feel free to chat away about VIC SS matters in this thread I think we have been learning quite a bit about the process here.

You have just mucked you my industry panel theory which would have had you hearing at a similar time to Eva... Just shows that the more of us on here the more we see what is happening.

Which reminds me I am having problems opening my email at the moment as I dreamt last night we were rejected.

Mind you I also dreamt I was walking through Melbourne with Vinnie (lets hope this one was the one that comes true).

Guest VickyMel
We had a couple of options ....OH had 120 points and I had 115, however to go through hubby would have taken a lot longer to get skills assessed and cost more money, so we decided to go through me and go SS to get the extra points :wubclub:

But I bet you never expected it to be as quick as 4 days! That was a very good choice.

A good question for the good folk on this thread, and other SS threads for that matter would be "do you have enough points to apply for a non-sponsored visa (i.e. 120+)". There are basically 2 reasons to apply for SS, either because you need the extra points or because you want faster processing (or both :biggrin:). It would be interesting to know how it breaks down.

Freebo - Maybe start a thread with a poll fo rthe different options?

We needed the points.

Guest VickyMel

Mini-Update for the week

Turning Blue last week: Eva & PaulTerriMojo

-----------------------------------------------------------

April Applications: Submitted: 1 Approved: 0 (1 application lost in the system somewhere, being resubmitted)

June Applications: Submitted: 3 Approved: 1

July Applications: Submitted: 6, Approved: 2, CO: 1

August Applications: Submitted: 8 Approved: 3 (1 rejection being queried)

September Applications: Submitted: 3 Approved: 1

Industry Panels

OK just for a bit of fun - IF (big if 'cos we don't know) IF the Industry Panels are linked to the job categories then we might expect to they are split & meet in the categories as per the layout of the SS eligibility list.

We have seen recent approvals for:

Financial Services Professionals (1) - Eva

Health Professionals (1) - Sunnyday

Automotive Tradespersons (3) - Gillian, Noodle, Jonnyspunkyboy

Construction Tradespersons (1) - Cots

Building and Enginneering Professionals (1) - PaulTerriMojo,

So maybe the IPs for those occupation groups have sat recently..?

That would split the rest of us as follows:

Building and Enginneering Professionals (1) - Given the database hiccup - hopefully ScottishSteve will hear v soon either because they are currently meeting or because of the application hiccup..

Science Professionals (4) - VickyMel, Bebac30, Vinnie80, Senorita

Health Professionals (1) - Taylor20

Information and Communications Professionals (4) - Koroleva, Freebo, Grant6607, Bagonzo, Suni123

Electrical and Electronics Tradespersons (2) - N111kkx, KerryCraig

Although the above theory has already been thrown out today with Allany joining us and with them not getting their visa at the same time as Eva...

Financial Services Professionals (1) - Allany

OK so is a bit of fun but it will be interesting to see if we hear back in these groups - or whether it is random - I haven't seen anyone from the waiting groups (except the last) given SS approval recently. I suppose only time and more people will tell.

Good luck to all of us still waiting this week

UPDATE

Just had an email today from Victoria, with no explanation at all - but they are now asking for a signed declaration for our commitment to living in Victoria, they also want to know why we want to go there and not to NSW where my sister is.

So I guess they are re-looking at our application - really pleased but also really annoyed that they rejected the application to start with no proper reason to do so?

will keep you informed of progress

Suni123, I dont think Vic are refusing state sponsorship to anyone who has over 120 points, I had 140 and was on the CSL and they granted me sponsorship last week. I did hear of cases where they did in the past but i think everything has changed since the new processing rules came in.

VickyMel, your industry panel meeting theory may still be correct, they may have just approved mine regardless of a panel meeting seen as Im already living & working here and with my visa expiring tomorrow.

Guest VickyMel
VickyMel, your industry panel meeting theory may still be correct, they may have just approved mine regardless of a panel meeting seen as Im already living & working here and with my visa expiring tomorrow.

Have a great trip back to Ireland - I hope your 176 visa gets processed quickly and you can get back to Oz soon.

Guest VickyMel
UPDATE

Just had an email today from Victoria, with no explanation at all - but they are now asking for a signed declaration for our commitment to living in Victoria, they also want to know why we want to go there and not to NSW where my sister is.

So I guess they are re-looking at our application - really pleased but also really annoyed that they rejected the application to start with no proper reason to do so?

will keep you informed of progress

Thanks for the update

It must be really frustrating that they did not provide you with the reasons why they rejected your application - it is then almost impossible to address the potential reasons they may have properly.

It would be crazy if the reason actually was because you had relatives in NSW - there are many reasons you may not be intending to live in the same state as them which you could have clarified had you been asked.

Fingers crossed for you with the declaration - I hope you get a positive response following this... :hug:

Guest JBandVicki

Hi all,

We're applying to Vic for SS. Have been using another forum to track progess of others but it's gone a bit dead. I'll let you all in on our story. Initially applied for Vic SS 15/03/09, had an e-mail within 2 weeks requesting further information and a more detailed CV. Sent these off within 24hrs and got a response saying something along the lines of, Thnaks we now have all we need your ref number is SS 2009 ******* and it may take up to 10 weeks to process. Ten weeks came and went, the 11, 12, 13, 14....., i've sent e-mails and rang and i always gt the same response, "your application is at industry panel and we'll get back to you when we get an answer". 22 weeks since we got our tracking number and still no news. We don't know what to do.

, i've sent e-mails and rang and i always gt the same response, "your application is at industry panel and we'll get back to you when we get an answer". 22 weeks since we got our tracking number and still no news. We don't know what to do.

Interesting, same response we got, do you have the option of going unsponsored if the SS doesn't come through?

Guest sunnyday
But I bet you never expected it to be as quick as 4 days! That was a very good choice.

certainly was mate!!! :yes: Good luck to everyone still waiting, hope you hear soon!!!

Guest senorita

Hello Friends,

It is so difficult to wait. It demands lot of patience everyday, which I think I am losing now:unsure:.I know many of us sailing on the same boat rightnow. Keep praying and Good luck to all

I have submitted the application just last week, now I dont know whether I should apply for GSM-175 or wait for SS from VIC. If I apply for GSM-175 and at a later point in time receive SS, then is it possible to convert GSM-175 to GSM-176 notifying DIAC? PS share your thoughts on this and provide me your valuable suggestions.

Another Q, I am planning to apply for the visa by myself ... so can I someone give me any links / tips for the online application? I am sure people would have a lot of experience to share about on this ?

Archived