• depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Guest sunnyday
Hi,

Just thought I would let you know that we received our State Sponsorship on the 24th September (Accountant). It took about 5 weeks. We have sent a reply back accepting and they said they will send the form 1100 to the DIAC. Does anyone know if they reply back to you to tell you they have sent the form and how long it roughly takes to get a case officer?

Thanks

Congrats!!!! We're using an agent so they told us ss received and sent us it in email and then asked for final documents to lodge with DIAC (certified copies of passports for hubby and kids etc, etc) He's just sorting application ready to lodge now. I haven't answered your question I'm afraid but thats whats happened to us!!

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allany, Vic told me when they submitted the form 1100 but I asked them to when I emailed them to accept.

VickyMel, can you update the first page...I got a case officer on the 24th and my visa granted today on my birthday :-)

Guest sunnyday
Allany, Vic told me when they submitted the form 1100 but I asked them to when I emailed them to accept.

VickyMel, can you update the first page...I got a case officer on the 24th and my visa granted today on my birthday :-)

Congratulations on the visa and happy birthday to you!!!! :jiggy:

Guest vinnie80
When I saw you'd posted VickyMel I thought you had it!!! I'm sure you'll get it this week I have a feeling in my water..............:yes:.

I do hope we will be getting the results this week... i'm also having a feeling that it could be this week...

Guest vinnie80

I received this e-mail from victoria today...

News Alert from Victoria’s Skilled and Business Migration Program

This is to notify you that the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has set new priority processing arrangements for certain Skilled Migration visas. The current priority processing Direction commenced on 23 September 2009.

The Direction applies to applications in the pipeline that have not been finalised, and to applications lodged with DIAC on or after 23 September 2009.

If your nominated occupation is not on the Critical Skills List (CSL) and you have applied for and are successful in obtaining Victorian Government sponsorship before the end of 2009, DIAC has stated that it is unlikely that your visa will be finalised before the end of 2012.

Victoria will however continue to process State sponsorships based on our skills in demand list -

Liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/skills-in-demand. This means your application will be given priority once the higher priority groups are finalised in accordance with the Ministerial Direction. Without an occupation on the CSL, or sponsorship by an employer, State Government or family member resident in Australia, your application will not be processed until after 2012.

For specific information about processing times under the new priority processing Direction please refer to DIAC’s General Skilled Migration Client Service Charter webpage at: www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm.

Further information and FAQs on the priority processing Direction can be found on DIAC’s ‘What’s New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration’ webpage at: www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, Victoria 3000LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au |www.employment.vic.gov.au

T: 03 9938 0556 | F: 03 9938 0547 | skilled@liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development,

Government of Victoria, Victoria, Australia.

This e-mail and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not distribute reproduce this e-mail or the attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify us by return e-mail.

Guest VickyMel
When I saw you'd posted VickyMel I thought you had it!!! I'm sure you'll get it this week I have a feeling in my water...............

Thanks Sunnyday

Oh I wish!!! You'ld best give me some of those waters!

Just thought I would let you know that we received our State Sponsorship on the 24th September (Accountant). It took about 5 weeks. We have sent a reply back accepting and they said they will send the form 1100 to the DIAC. Does anyone know if they reply back to you to tell you they have sent the form and how long it roughly takes to get a case officer?

Big Congrats Allany I have updated you to blue on the front page.

Sorry I also don't know how long it may take to get a CO - especially with the recent changes? You might look at Grant's timeline page where you can see what sort of times have been taken up to now.

Timelines | aussietimeline.com | Australian Visa Application Timeline Tracker

Wow Eva that is brilliant news :jiggy:- Congrats on the Visa being granted I have changed you straight to purple on the first page!!

and Happy birthday for yesterday.

I was really worried what the changes last week might have done to your application given you had to go back to Ireland for a while - I am really pleased it came through so quickly.

I received this e-mail from victoria today...

Thanks Vinnie - we also got the email - my first thoughts were hurray if they have our email address its confirmation that they do have us in the system.

Guest VickyMel

Revised Mini Update

Given we had some good news I thought I would revise the mini-update from last week

Allany was approved and changed to blue

Eva got a CO and also her Visa granted so changed to purple barely passing through green

Hurray our first Visa Granted

-----------------------------------------------------------

April Applications Submitted: 2 Approved: 0

June Applications Submitted: 3 Approved: 1

July Applications Submitted: 6, Approved: 2, CO: 2, Visas Granted: 1

August Applications Submitted: 8 Approved: 4

September Applications Submitted: 3 Approved: 1

Guest GillianM

Hi VickyMel, i forgot to tel you i have a CO a few weeks back(19th Aug). Getting meds done 9th Oct and waiting on return of police checks any day now.

Gillianx

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

We are now changing to a bussines nomination visa so hopefully we will get our visas soon again lol unless they change things again lol

Guest GillianM

Hi, how do you say that? i think if you are on Vics CSL list then your visa will get processed. And ours was lodged before 23rd Sept so should still go ahead.

Gillian x

Guest sunnyday
I do hope we will be getting the results this week... i'm also having a feeling that it could be this week...

everything crossed :wubclub:

Hi, how do you say that? i think if you are on Vics CSL list then your visa will get processed. And ours was lodged before 23rd Sept so should still go ahead.

Gillian x

Hi Gillian,

Sorry, just to bring a little bit of clarity, there is nothing like Vic CSL list, its VIC Skills eligibility list and CSL from DIAC. Anyways, as of priority rules from Oz minister on sep 23, its even stated that applications which is not yet finalised are also subject to new priority. So, this includes even those applications lodged before sept 23rd. if you are on CSL and you have VIC SS, then you will be on second priority. But, if you are not on CSL and have SS, then you are on 5th priority level which may take longer for decision making (check Q6 - second sentence, Q11, Q17 on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf)

Dont worry, since you have got SS and your occupation is on MODL, lets hope that it will be processed sooner. inshallah!

Guest VickyMel
Hi Gillian,

Sorry, just to bring a little bit of clarity, there is nothing like Vic CSL list, its VIC Skills eligibility list and CSL from DIAC. Anyways, as of priority rules from Oz minister on sep 23, its even stated that applications which is not yet finalised are also subject to new priority. So, this includes even those applications lodged before sept 23rd. if you are on CSL and you have VIC SS, then you will be on second priority. But, if you are not on CSL and have SS, then you are on 5th priority level which may take longer for decision making (check Q6 - second sentence, Q11, Q17 on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf)

Dont worry, since you have got SS and your occupation is on MODL, lets hope that it will be processed sooner. inshallah!

Hi Gillian & Koroleva

Sorry to say that this was the way I read it too.

The CSL list is the DIAC list if you are on this list plus have SS (by getting SS approval due to being on their list) you are priority 2

"2. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government and

whose nominated occupation is listed on the Critical Skills List (CSL) "

If you are not on the DIAC CSL list you are not in those top 4 priortities.

But SS approval & being on their list takes you to priority level 5 which is above several other levels

"5. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government whose

nominated occupation is not listed on the CSL "

Sorry - but hopefully as your CO has asked for Meds and PCC's I would imagine there will be a lot of pressure on DIAC to honour that request and get things sorted before they run out.

If you are not on the DIAC CSL maybe check out this thread for people who have SS approved plus a CO but are in priortity group 5

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/69774-non-csl-state-sponsored-group-5-ers-co-thread.html

Guest VickyMel
Just read on the "other" forum that one guy applied for Vic SS yesterday and was rejected the next day :eek:

Not sure what/if anything this means for the rest of us, but I'm up to 13 weeks now & I know there's several before me.

I saw that - hopefully it was something silly like totally not qualifying in some way. It is a pity that they do not provide more information as to why you are being rejected as we have seen a couple where they had actually missed something.

There was another person too - I have just seen who was rejected yesterday - just posted today he has been accepted (engineering) - sounds like he just had to clarify his qualifications.. (or maybe they got lost in the computer)?

Guest GillianM

Hi, am getting all confused now!! i would have thought my agent would have informed me if there was a problem, got email from her today and she never mentioned anything. Also OH has a job offer so waiting on contract to send to CO as well.

Gillian x

Guest GillianM

HI again, checked DIAC list and Vehicle Painter not on it, but we are on the Vics Eligibility list. So what does that mean for us? also have job offer but waiting on contract any day now.

Gillian x

HI again, checked DIAC list and Vehicle Painter not on it, but we are on the Vics Eligibility list. So what does that mean for us? also have job offer but waiting on contract any day now.

Gillian x

You really need to speak with your agent about this, the sooner the better, they really should have advised you of how the changes affect you.

Vic's list is for state sponsorship, DIAC's list is for the priority order they will process the visa. Only DIAC's list is the CSL and only they can issue a visa, if you are not CSL and have not had your visa finalised yet. VickyMel is right to say

"If you are not on the DIAC CSL list you are not in those top 4 priortities.

But SS approval & being on their list takes you to priority level 5 which is above several other levels

"5. applications from people who are nominated by a State/Territory government whose

Sorry - but hopefully as your CO has asked for Meds and PCC's I would imagine there will be a lot of pressure on DIAC to honour that request and get things sorted before they run out.

If you are not on the DIAC CSL maybe check out this thread for people who have SS approved plus a CO but are in priortity group 5

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migrat...co-thread.html"

You really need to speak with your agent about this, the sooner the better, they really should have advised you of how the changes affect you.

Vic's list is for state sponsorship, DIAC's list is for the priority order they will process the visa. Only DIAC's list is the CSL and only they can issue a visa, if you are not CSL and have not had your visa finalised yet. VickyMel is right to say

"If you are not on the DIAC CSL list you are not in those top 4 priortities.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migrat...co-thread.html"

Hey freebo,

But if Gillian get the job offer contract, wont they be on first priority again? Just curious.

Regards

Guest VickyMel

I think Freebo is right - you are still priority 5 - but hopefully given you have been asked for Meds and PCCs plus can show a job offer hopefully they will prioritise you

Hey freebo,

But if Gillian get the job offer contract, wont they be on first priority again? Just curious.

Regards

I'm not sure if this would be a higher priority unless it was a specific type of employer eligible to sponsor????

Gillian we are all just guessing here - why not start a new thread and ask the wider audience - you may get comments from several of the agents who would have a much better idea.

Hey freebo,

Regards

From what I know it takes a lot more than a job offer unfortunately, and just a job offer without full employer sponsorship does nothing to change your priority.

Employer sponsorship is top of the list and worth looking into, but if you read the guidance there's a lot to it, specifically ENS seems to be for very highly skilled workers who cannot be found in Australia and requires quite a lot of work and commitment on behalf of the employer. I know from reading the forums that a lot of people are looking at going ENS and as VickyMel says its worth a new thread on its own, but I suspecy that anyone who thinks ENS will be a quick or easy way in may get a surprise, sorry to say & hope I'm wrong.

From what I know it takes a lot more than a job offer unfortunately, and just a job offer without full employer sponsorship does nothing to change your priority.

Employer sponsorship is top of the list and worth looking into, but if you read the guidance there's a lot to it, specifically ENS seems to be for very highly skilled workers who cannot be found in Australia and requires quite a lot of work and commitment on behalf of the employer. I know from reading the forums that a lot of people are looking at going ENS and as VickyMel says its worth a new thread on its own, but I suspecy that anyone who thinks ENS will be a quick or easy way in may get a surprise, sorry to say & hope I'm wrong.

Hmm ... true!!

Guest GillianM

Hi, yeah but i was told to get meds done before 23rd Sept!!!

and my daughter will be 18 in Dec, so panicking a bit now.

Gillianx

Archived