The All New Fishing Thread

Guest Working to fish

i love fishing ! have fished for about 20yrs im 24 now . i fish for carp barbel and pike here in the uk but hopeing to sample some australian fishing in april :em0100:

G'day mate, good to see you adding to the thread.

Crap are reviled by the vast majority of Australian fishos. Thankfully, they are only in the SE of the country...

introduced noxious fish - Google Search

I'm pretty sure that there is the odd barbel in SE Australia, but definitely no pike. There are a few tench, but squillions of redfin perch.

Try and fish for the yellowbelly, the saratoga, murray cod, and the mighty barramundi when you come here and I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised at the freshwater fish that Australia has to offer.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Working to fish
rgg.b.png?n=1289897236000

This is how it was today ,alot different to what was said see thread before last .

Boy oh boy was it one hell of a trip back being 8-10k out .

Not good as they say :shocked::no:

I hoping to get out to emerald or dysart soon in the new year as i see Rockhampton is the closest area to the coast what the fish like out there and do you need a skippers ticket to go out to sea there

cheers

Guest Working to fish
I hoping to get out to emerald or dysart soon in the new year as i see Rockhampton is the closest area to the coast what the fish like out there and do you need a skippers ticket to go out to sea there

cheers

If its your boat then yes you need a skippers ticket

cheers

G'day mate, some good reefs off Emu Park, fairly shallow, so be aware. Blueys, grassy sweetlips aplenty. In the winter months, some good snapper fishing eary mornings off the reefs.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 weeks later...

After 1 month of constant rain, finally got a session fishing off the rocks... Nice and warm to start off...5 AM and 26 C. Managed a photo of the dawn for BritChickx.

6122010.jpg

Talk about spider's webs!!! musta walked through 50 of 'em...Well, it is a National Park that I fish from. Got out there and the sea is still quite dirty (rivers and creeks still flowing muddy water...and the odd dead tree!)

Being the 'no moon' period, I hadn't got my hopes up...but managed 4 of these ock-ocks, grunters, or javelin-fish. Not big, but better than nuffin'.:wink:

3072010005.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

After 1 month of constant rain, finally got a session fishing off the rocks... Nice and warm to start off...5 AM and 26 C. Managed a photo of the dawn for BritChickx.

6122010.jpg

Talk about spider's webs!!! musta walked through 50 of 'em...Well, it is a National Park that I fish from. Got out there and the sea is still quite dirty (rivers and creeks still flowing muddy water...and the odd dead tree!)

Being the 'no moon' period, I hadn't got my hopes up...but managed 4 of these ock-ocks, grunters, or javelin-fish. Not big, but better than nuffin'.:wink:

3072010005.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Ahhh mate, hope that little thing is bait mate..:biggrin: I did a lot of fishing in Brissie and will miss it now I am in london (does the Thames have any fish in it)? nice thread though.

i will be happy with that anythings beter then sitting in notts feeling sorry for myself but the new year will bring good things to those who wait

Do you catch enough fish to eat well off them Bobj? I love fish but it is so expensive to buy In Brizze, have to get my rods out again and try a bit harder next time.

Do you catch enough fish to eat well off them Bobj? I love fish but it is so expensive to buy In Brizze, have to get my rods out again and try a bit harder next time.

G'day mate, most of the fish I catch are released, but occasionally, as yesterday, I take some. If the macks are biting, I might take 3, 1 for Jo and me, and 2 to give to some oldies in town.

Those 2 in the last post fed 4 of us and 1 fillet still to eat.

BTW, the fingermark and the mack attack are in the top 5 (in my book) for fighting and eating qualities.

Cheers, Bobj.

Had another session off the rocks yesterday; only 2 bites for this, a fingermark, aka golden snapper:

13122010.jpg

and one of these, a spotty mackerel

2152010001.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Bob , you should head to Perth for a week on one of our fishing trips , you may teach us something ....................Wagoe ,Easter 2011......../Kalbarri......4 off us go , one good fisherman , 2 novice ...one ok (maybe 3 this yr as its Easter so you are more than welcome ) .....................

Bob , you should head to Perth for a week on one of our fishing trips , you may teach us something ....................Wagoe ,Easter 2011......../Kalbarri......4 off us go , one good fisherman , 2 novice ...one ok (maybe 3 this yr as its Easter so you are more than welcome ) .....................

More better you come to Queensland and get some decent fish.:wink: You didn't do too well on your last trip, if I recall correctly...:tongue:

But, thanks for the invite.icon14.gif

Now, pay attention...Tip: Fish for macks during the last hour of the ebb tide and the first hour of the incoming tide...:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived