The All New Fishing Thread

Guest Working to fish

Great :no:

We will now have a snapper ban next year ,not sure how long for :sad:

G'day mate, it is for 6 weeks to let the snapper breed and recover. To my way of thinking it's a good idea. We have 2, or 3 'no reef finned fish times' in order to let them breed and we have a 3 month 'no take' for barra in the saltwater and estuaries for the same reason.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G'day mate, most of the fish I catch are released, but occasionally, as yesterday, I take some. If the macks are biting, I might take 3, 1 for Jo and me, and 2 to give to some oldies in town.

Those 2 in the last post fed 4 of us and 1 fillet still to eat.

BTW, the fingermark and the mack attack are in the top 5 (in my book) for fighting and eating qualities.

Cheers, Bobj.

Glad to hear that mate, I caught a large dolphin fish once and the skipper said watch his beutiful rainbow color die as he does, I felt so sad to see that beaut of a fish turn grey :embarrassed:

Another session off the rocks, only a few 'taps' from some little toados...:arghh:

Had pillies, prawns, softies and chromes but no mackerel to take them. Finally got 2 'blueys' and 1 goldspot cod, only a little chappy.

13122010004.jpg

All safely returned.

Cheers, Bobj.

Nice

realy i can't wait to get out there

enjoy the weekend

When you do come over to Oz, I suggest that you take charter out from the Whitsundays on one of the better charters out to the Reef....Everything is downhill from there...:wink::laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest dannylatics

Hi every1, Im from Oldham and planing on moving to either W.A. or Queensland next year

What type of fishing goes on over there. IM a newbie really, this was my first proper season with my brother ( who I will miss so much when I move :(:( ) and we normally fish for carp, bream etc on canals and small leaks usuing tradional course methods i.e. feeder, float etc

I have no experience in sea fishing, do you have lakes to fish on or is it basically sea fishing??

Hi every1, Im from Oldham and planing on moving to either W.A. or Queensland next year

What type of fishing goes on over there. IM a newbie really, this was my first proper season with my brother ( who I will miss so much when I move :(:( ) and we normally fish for carp, bream etc on canals and small leaks usuing tradional course methods i.e. feeder, float etc

I have no experience in sea fishing, do you have lakes to fish on or is it basically sea fishing??

G'day mate, WA is very poor for freshwater fishos. There are a few areas in the south west that hold trout and the odd crap... The Kimberlies in the far norrth of the state is excellent for barramundi in most of the creeks and the Ord and Fitzroy rivers. On the other hand sea fishing is generally very good, be it beach, rocks, estuary, or off shore fishing.

Queensland has a far better freshwater fishing environment. No licence necessary to fish the rivers and creeks, but a SIP (State Impoundment Permit) is needed to fish any of 30 dams at a cost of $35 a year. The sea fishing is excellent.

Very few fishos target crap due to the fish's disgusting mud-sucking habits.

Suggest that you look at some of the older posts on this thread to get a picture of fishing in Australia.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest 47403

Hi guys planning on moving out to Perth towards the end of this year, is it worth bringing my coarse fishing tackle with me it's all match orientated for rivers and canals, or should I sell it and buy a beach set upwhen I get out there reading above coarse fishing in WA is no good.

Guest guest30038
Hi guys planning on moving out to Perth towards the end of this year, is it worth bringing my coarse fishing tackle with me it's all match orientated for rivers and canals, or should I sell it and buy a beach set upwhen I get out there reading above coarse fishing in WA is no good.

Not sure what species are down in Perth mate but up here you can fish light for bream, gar and whiting. I even did a bit of swing tipping when I first got here and was fairly successful with whiting, bream and flathead.

Depends really what you can get for it.............if it's peanuts, then I would bring it, but be meticulous in cleaning it before you do. If it's a pole, I wouldn't bother.

kev

Guest Guest 47403
Not sure what species are down in Perth mate but up here you can fish light for bream, gar and whiting. I even did a bit of swing tipping when I first got here and was fairly successful with whiting, bream and flathead.

Depends really what you can get for it.............if it's peanuts, then I would bring it, but be meticulous in cleaning it before you do. If it's a pole, I wouldn't bother.

kev

Thanks mate main thing I was wondering about was the pole, will be selling it then should get over a grand for it only thing is she'll expect the money to go in the pot for the move, gonna have to think hard on how to get around that lol.

Thanks mate main thing I was wondering about was the pole, will be selling it then should get over a grand for it only thing is she'll expect the money to go in the pot for the move, gonna have to think hard on how to get around that lol.

G'day mate, suggest that you join this forum and get their advice as to your options.

fishingwa.com • Index page

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest siamsusie
You wouldn't need a probe if it was my worm that you were after :biglaugh:

You can make one easily How to Make an Electric Worm Probe | eHow.com

kev

:elvis::frown: Shocked from Tasmania here.

Thank you Kev I will pass this onto the King of Siam who wasnt aware of this until today...

Now I went for a paddle today in my back yard (swimming pool :laugh: The River Tamar), the King of Siam has tried to convince me that no sharks frequent Tasmania:elvis:.. A young fisherman who has been helping us out proudly told me that the Tamar is a nursery for sharks hence very much protected.... God I thought I had left all the nasty stuff behind in WA:cry::fish2:

Thank you for the link :hug:

NBmake-electric-worm-probe-1.5-120X120.jpgWrap one of the exposed wire ends around the positive (+) node on your 6-volt battery. Wrap the other wire around the negative (-) battery node. The nodes on the battery look similar to conical bed springs.

Does this get rid of wives as well:elvis:

PS Many thanks from KofS, easy as he says .. cheers Kev x

Guest guest30038

Now I went for a paddle today in my back yard (swimming pool :laugh: The River Tamar),

Does this get rid of wives as well:elvis:

No but it'll tickle their fancy a lot :biglaugh:

Bridget looking over your back yard and beyond. Do you live close by here?

kev xx

tamar.jpg

Guest guest30038
Oh! thats a lovely piccie... now is that near Hillwood, Deviot or Rosevears kev?

Can't remember. Just down the road is a village with a park on the banks of the river and one of the houses has a huge boat .............and I mean huge.......you have to climb up to it.........in it's backyard as a summer house.

kev

Guest siamsusie

I think thats Hillwood on the East Tamar Kev.. could be wrong.. so many gorgeous villages as you well know with cottages and lovely little celtic restaurants:tongue:

Hi good People.. any idea where I can purchase a "Worm Probe" from please.

Cheers Susie x

Better than a worm probe, get a hessian sack, potato bag, thoroughly wet it and lay it in the garden bed in a shady area. Next day, there will be worms.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived