The All New Fishing Thread

Guest Working to fish

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just 'unearthed' some old pics of fish and fishing...

49 lb barramundi from the local dam (Kinchant Dam)

MJand49lbBarra.jpg

On the beach at Minnie Waters, northern NSW. My tinny is on the left.

MJandIanAtMinnieWaters.jpg

My biggest coral trout, 11.6 lbs.

116lbCoralTrout.jpg

My son with a small spotty mackerel.

MJandSmallSpottyMack.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest guest37336

MJand49lbBarra.jpg

On the beach at Minnie Waters, northern NSW. My tinny is on the left.

MJandIanAtMinnieWaters.jpg

My biggest coral trout, 11.6 lbs.

116lbCoralTrout.jpg

My son with a small spotty mackerel.

MJandSmallSpottyMack.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Nice Trout Bob, I bet that went down a treat,:yes:

MJand49lbBarra.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Profound apologies...:rolleyes: Only realised after Jo reminded me that was taken at Peter Faust dam, not Kinchant

Posted the wrong pic of a 49 lb barra...This is 49 lbs...T'other was not weighed.

Barra.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

• 8 months later...
Guest AKA63029

Sitting here in a rather chilly Hertfordshire, (what the hell is going on in the UK at the moment,:twitcy:) and thought I would try and occupy my mind with some fishy posts.

Not the normal 'fish' but found this report recently of the more 'exotic' fish.

This species of Oarfish was found in Japan recently. Amazing to think these things swim in our oceans.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13371[/ATTACH]

Then of course there's the Sunfish, a truly unique fish that has been known to be seen 'sunning' itself in UK waters from time to time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13372[/ATTACH]

Boring to some, but still fascinates me.

Cheers Tony.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I'm posting this on behalf of my brother-in-law who is a keen fisherman and visiting us from the UK at the moment We're headed down to Airlie Beach for a long weekend and I wondered if anyone could recommend a fishing boat for half or full day trips? Thanks.:smile:

• 1 month later...
Is it worth bringing my fresh water fishing gear with me to perth. I have over £2000 worth, and i love to fish at the week end over here in UK.

Just wondered if there was any good pond or river fishing near perth

G'day mate, suggest that you sell most of your gear.

The South West is rather poor for freshwater fishing; a few trout and redfin in the Warren Area, (Pemberton). There are some koi crap in Lake Monger, a few redfin and cobbler in Mundaring, redfin and trout in Waroona dam.

Check out this forum:

http://fishwrecked.com/

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest AKA63029

Well as my two Herbert's had their real dad around (Milkman) :laugh: I buggered off down to my Trout stretch.

Caught bugger all, and nearly ended up throwing the rod in or using dynamite.:mad:

PLEASE get me back to OZ and some Lizard fishing.:jiggy:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not a very productive session this morning, only 4 bream, 4 moses perch, 1 bluey and 1 marbled rock cod, a tiny but nasty member of the scorpion fish family.

Marbledcoralcod.jpg

Watched this night heron stalk the rocks for tiny crabs etc.

2282012002.jpg

Cheers, Bob.

Guest The Pom Queen
All talk no action???:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

It's the rainforest that has taken over now Bob, he is out snake hunting tonight

• 1 month later...

At last! A successful morning off the rocks. A glassout and rising tide made the best conditions. Cast out a pillie about 40 metres and waited all of 10 seconds then a beaut tug, nay a violent slash at the pillie and the outcome was an 81 cm spotty mack. Another pillie, another spotty, same size. Cast out again for a 69 cm sharkie mack.

3092012002.jpg

Brought back 6 goodly fillets, 1 was given to a group of campers, 1 to my nextie; a 3rd to a mate 2 houses down from me and the 2 sharkie fillets to another mate who is having family over for the long weekend. Well, It saves me from cleaning the fillets. My fillet will be part consumed this evening while watching the Storm thrash the doggies...I hope.:laugh: All up, 12 kg of fillets.

Cheers, Bobj.

Guest AKA63029
At last! A successful morning off the rocks. A glassout and rising tide made the best conditions. Cast out a pillie about 40 metres and waited all of 10 seconds then a beaut tug, nay a violent slash at the pillie and the outcome was an 81 cm spotty mack. Another pillie, another spotty, same size. Cast out again for a 69 cm sharkie mack.

3092012002.jpg

Brought back 6 goodly fillets, 1 was given to a group of campers, 1 to my nextie; a 3rd to a mate 2 houses down from me and the 2 sharkie fillets to another mate who is having family over for the long weekend. Well, It saves me from cleaning the fillets. My fillet will be part consumed this evening while watching the Storm thrash the doggies...I hope.:laugh: All up, 12 kg of fillets.

Cheers, Bobj.

Nice Mackerel mate, about blooming time.:laugh::wubclub:

I was down at Palm Cove jetty last week and there were loads 'thrashing' the water to a foam with nothing to show for their efforts.

Up rocks a young fella from Bransfords tackle shop, lightest leader possible, no wire, long shank hook and a tiny fillet of fish.

Three casts later, two nice Mackerel and the faces on the other fisherman were a picture.:laugh:

Nice Mackerel mate, about blooming time.:laugh::wubclub:

I was down at Palm Cove jetty last week and there were loads 'thrashing' the water to a foam with nothing to show for their efforts.

Up rocks a young fella from Bransfords tackle shop, lightest leader possible, no wire, long shank hook and a tiny fillet of fish.

Three casts later, two nice Mackerel and the faces on the other fisherman were a picture.:laugh:

Pillies will outdo any of the chromes any day where the mackerel are concerned.

Cheers, Bobj.

• 1 month later...

Bottom of the tide was at 6 AM and got there at 5.30 AM , stuck on a half frozen pillie, cast out and 1 minute later got this 55 cm golden snapper, No.1 in the quality tasting fish.

1122012002.jpg

Stuck another pillie on and 1 minute later got this 42 cm mangrove jack.

1122012003.jpg

A bit of a bugga having to turn the sea sideways to get the fish in the picture...:laugh:

Right on 6 AM got a 33 cm yellowfin bream.

When the tide turned, the wind started rising blowing onshore and creating big seas so I cleaned the fish and headed home.

Guest The Pom Queen
Bottom of the tide was at 6 AM and got there at 5.30 AM , stuck on a half frozen pillie, cast out and 1 minute later got this 55 cm golden snapper, No.1 in the quality tasting fish.

1122012002.jpg

1122012003.jpg

A bit of a bugga having to turn the sea sideways to get the fish in the picture...:laugh:

When the tide turned, the wind started rising blowing onshore and creating big seas so I cleaned the fish and headed home.

The only time I have ever had fish is from the chippy, I see gorgeous fish around and mud crabs etc but never buy it as I've no idea what to do, how embarrassing is that

The only time I have ever had fish is from the chippy, I see gorgeous fish around and mud crabs etc but never buy it as I've no idea what to do, how embarrassing is that

Buy a cookbook an' have a go, ya mug.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Nice one Bob

1122012002.jpg

1122012003.jpg

Archived