SO fed up.....

Guest tlander56

Guest tlander56

Sorry guys...just wanting to vent...

We came her almost 3 yrs ago.....have decided to make the move back....just struggling with the time it will take to actually get back (ie..getting jobs, accomodation bla bla bla)...Anyway, I went out on a girls night out in Brisbane on friday night and wish i'd never gone....A couple of the girls (school mums) got drunk and turned nasty...we were chatting away within the group and they started saying things like 'ignore the snobby poms opinion' (and other similar nasty comments) I got really fed up and came home.. Want to leave more than ever...I'm not stupid enough to think this this sort of thing doesn't happen everywhere...but just adds to my woes....espec when i had to face those parents yesterday morning ! YUCK

My Aussie hubby just laughed it off but......:no:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well how bl**dy rude are they, grown women acting like school girls !!

Sorry to hear things havent worked out and you are going back to the UK, hope all goes well for you

Take care x

Guest shawgorbys

So sorry to hear about that cant some people be just nasty you all take care andrea,gary,jack,tom,big hugs coming to you

:hug: Hold your head up high, be proud of your self for rising above them, they are not worth the hassle, maybe sometime in the future they will grow up and be responsible adults, Do what you do best and just rise above them x

Guest stockies

Big (((((( HUGS )))))) to you hun, as others have said you did right to rise above it, not sure I would have been able to keep my mouth shut !

Just keep thinking positive thoughts about you returning to where you belong.

Good luck hun !!!

Claire. XX

Guest siamsusie

Imagine how the poor children will turn out when the parents have to resort to bullying. Its hard to imagine how people derive such pleasure out of nastiness, it certainly takes a lot of energy. Hard to do, but shoulders up high as Dawny has said and smile, their loss lol and very best wishes for your return home ss x

Guest marriedtoanaussie

hi we are meeting up next week when we return from our trip to Canberra and sydney (going to Blue Mountains tomorrow) just keep your spirits up. You and your hubby have done the hard bit-decided to return...concentrate on your plans for leaving and your 'new' life back home. I would forget about nights out with these people that i am guessing you will never see again?

see you next week for our chat. x

hi we are meeting up next week when we return from our trip to Canberra and sydney (going to Blue Mountains tomorrow) just keep your spirits up. You and your hubby have done the hard bit-decided to return...concentrate on your plans for leaving and your 'new' life back home. I would forget about nights out with these people that i am guessing you will never see again?

see you next week for our chat. x

Off track a bit but dont forget to bring your damart thermals - it is brass monkey weather in Canberra at the moment! Hope you are staying somewhere warm and have a great time - Canberra isnt that bad a place really!

Sound plain rude, avoid these people. We are not all like that thankfully, what prompts people to do this sort of thing I wonder?

People that bully are generally jealous of the person that they are bullying for one reason or another

Guest marriedtoanaussie

yep. driven from Brissy in campervan. v cold down here but good for us to get used to as we are returning to uk soon! loved Canberra, enjoyed showing kids Parliament House and War Memorial museum-great.

yep. driven from Brissy in campervan. v cold down here but good for us to get used to as we are returning to uk soon! loved Canberra, enjoyed showing kids Parliament House and War Memorial museum-great.

I dont think it gets quite this cold in UK - they said it was -3 last night but I reckon it is lower than that and our insulation, though quite good, still doesnt make this a warm house!

Well you wont have to face those lot for much longer! Seriously where do some people get off being so rude, could you honestly imagine saying anything like that so ignorant,

reminds me of a hen do I went on :arghh:

just dont bother with them again for a night out, keep the smile on your face, dont bother telling them your plans and enjoy your life, you dont need people like that around you.

best wishes:hug:

I wouldn't mind betting those stupid women are jealous of you - maybe they have never been anywhere other than Oz - or even Q'land (LOL) - you probably come across as a cut above but by the sounds of it that wouldn't be hard - there's quite a few Ozzie bints like that here - just think you have the ability to live in UK, or any other part of Europe - and even Oz - they will probably never leave Queensland - small minded idiots they are......

Guest Three Lions
Sorry guys...just wanting to vent...

We came her almost 3 yrs ago.....have decided to make the move back....just struggling with the time it will take to actually get back (ie..getting jobs, accomodation bla bla bla)...Anyway, I went out on a girls night out in Brisbane on friday night and wish i'd never gone....A couple of the girls (school mums) got drunk and turned nasty...we were chatting away within the group and they started saying things like 'ignore the snobby poms opinion' (and other similar nasty comments) I got really fed up and came home.. Want to leave more than ever...I'm not stupid enough to think this this sort of thing doesn't happen everywhere...but just adds to my woes....espec when i had to face those parents yesterday morning ! YUCK

My Aussie hubby just laughed it off but......:no:

I think that this is a good example of how Aussies DO USE THE EXPRESSION ''POM" in an aggressive/offensive/critical fashion. When there are debates about this issue, including on this website, loads of Australian sycophants start protesting that the Aussies only use it ''affectionately'' and as a term of ''endearment''. What total, delusional bollocks!

Guest gary12
I dont think it gets quite this cold in UK - they said it was -3 last night but I reckon it is lower than that and our insulation, though quite good, still doesnt make this a warm house!

It did this year Quoll, before we came out we had temperatures of -9 at 8am. We lived in Warwickshire thank god it was not the top of a mountain somewhere!

That is soooo true - mostly folk from the "lower end of Ozzie 'Class' system (and yes there is a class system over here - most definitely) - luckily - these 'lowies' are usually the ones who have had the bare minimum of education and have done very little in their lives apart from watch the footy, get p****ed, have never watched a TV documentary in their lives, and couldn't read a book if they tried - very small attention span....!!!! There's a few like that in my street - I honestly struggle to hold a conversation with any of them - but hey they love to gossip about other people - one neighbour couldn't wait to tell me her brother was gay, her aunty a 'bondage' pro, her uncle gay, her brother in law heroin addict and so it goes - you'd think they'd want to keep that sort of stuff to themselves really wouldn't you - where is the pride - they haven't any of that either.....

Guest twilighter

Hi we are wishing to move back too, for all the reasons nobody could predict, however I would feel excatly the same as you after your night out, especially with all that you've been through and are about to do again!! I think they are probably a bit peeved cos you have a choice and make things happen, there are two types; those that do and those that think about doing!! youre better than any of them and obviously better off without them sort...good luck to you hope it all works out

Guest Gabby

I wouldn't worry about those slack mouthed women--feel sorry for the kids too.I think maybe you should have settled in Perth --chalk n' cheese to some other states we love it here just clocking up our 37th year .I bet you come back within 12 months --see yu in Perth lovey you will always be welcome we don't care where you come from --I'm scottish and hubby english 3 sones English but 9 grandies all Aussie's --good luck

I met an office full of women on my first working holiday to England, and a couple of them gave me hell because I took a job they thought they were entitled to apparently. They asked me how it can be that Australians can come over and 'take their jobs'. I tried to explain to them that I had British citizenship through my parents, but they were convinced otherwise - I had the Aus accent, that was it. I loved the job, but eventually down the track, I'd had enough and asked for a transfer. I tried to be friendly to them, and while they were outwardly civil to me, I never made real friends with them, and a few times when I tried to join them for lunch, they would sometimes ask me stupid questions about Australia which I found very sad. I decided then to not try so hard with these type of people, and as luck would have it I did get that transfer, and made a true life friend with one of the English girls. We have kept in touch for many years, and I was her house guest when I was in England recently. Don't put up with these women, they are all over the world these type of people, avoid them and be empowered.

Archived