SO fed up.....

Guest tlander56

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LondonGal
As can You LondonGal :wink:

London girls are the best in the world there aint no doubt about it....

LOL...we aim to please!

Guest MrPlodd

Sorry.....my last message was in response to 'London girls are the best'.....haahahaha..
are they? and please emphasis, I must be missing summit:daydreaming:

i'll cook you a british/indian style curry (believe me i can do it i have the recipes) as long as you wash up afterwards!

Please can you tell me how... I have all the ingredients - spices and whatnot - there is a HUGE Indian community in the suburb where I live and the smells...mmmmm - apart from the onions they put on the boil early in morning that is - but once they start adding the spices..... smells lovely.... draw the line at eating goat however...!!!

Please can you tell me how... I have all the ingredients - spices and whatnot - there is a HUGE Indian community in the suburb where I live and the smells...mmmmm - apart from the onions they put on the boil early in morning that is - but once they start adding the spices..... smells lovely.... draw the line at eating goat however...!!!

Real Indian Restaurant and Takeaway Curry Recipes

it's a brilliant forum - recipes are from at least 10 uk restuarants

you will have to register first and the forum is very big and takes some time to get used to

and it requires more work than making crap curries

defenitely worth it though

oh and believe me you do not have ALL the spices!!!

Real Indian Restaurant and Takeaway Curry Recipes

it's a brilliant forum - recipes are from at least 10 uk restuarants

you will have to register first and the forum is very big and takes some time to get used to

and it requires more work than making crap curries

defenitely worth it though

oh and believe me u do not have ALL the spices and ingredients!

Guest Tracy1
are they? and please emphasis, I must be missing summit:daydreaming:

Yeah we are and you are definately missin summit......:wub:

Guest MrPlodd
Yeah we are and you are definately missin summit......:wub:
Like I said before I couldnt give a toss where a person comes from, London,Newcastle Outer Hebrides, to classify one section of the country as "the best" is playground stuff! Like one poster mentioned London accents "grate", its provocative and I am sure not what the O/P intended

J x

Hi, just thought I would send you a quick reply, try to keep your chin up, we've only been out here for 10 months, moved out with my hubby and 2 children, at first things were fine, (the honeymoon period) i'm told, but things have got gradually worse, there are some days when I could just cry and wish I had never made the move. We too are trying to organise going home, trying to work out

just how much it is all going to cost. I've been told it's not going back its just moving on to a new

adventure, which helped a bit. I'm sorry that your night out turned sour. I wish you and your family well and good luck with your adventure.

Guest jackie Macdonald
Hi, just thought I would send you a quick reply, try to keep your chin up, we've only been out here for 10 months, moved out with my hubby and 2 children, at first things were fine, (the honeymoon period) i'm told, but things have got gradually worse, there are some days when I could just cry and wish I had never made the move. We too are trying to organise going home, trying to work out

just how much it is all going to cost. I've been told it's not going back its just moving on to a new

adventure, which helped a bit. I'm sorry that your night out turned sour. I wish you and your family well and good luck with your adventure.

Hi Anne,

I hope everything goes smoothly for you once you return home. It is not easy but you will get through it, and Quoll was right, you will be moving on to your next adventure. Simply being home, if that's where you feel you belong, will enable you to remain positive whatever the cost emotionally and financially. In my eyes it was well worth the upheaval and I have no regrets. I am so happy to be back that I know it was the right move. Things will be ok and you will get through it in time, you just have to put it down to experience and as long as you have learnt something from your time in Oz, you will be wiser for it.

The very best of luck!

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie,

Just thought I would say thank you for your support. I am glad that your move

went okay backing to Epping in the UK. I have enjoyed our experience here, but I just feel that it's not for us.

Best wishes

Anne

x

• 2 weeks later...

how strange! I have the same in the UK, and now cant wait to get to Oz. I would be there now but it is such a long process! nasty school mums and even worse children shouting abuse in our tiny little farming village - I guess you get it everywhere!

N111kkx

Guest guest12791
Hi Anne,

I hope everything goes smoothly for you once you return home. It is not easy but you will get through it, and Quoll was right, you will be moving on to your next adventure. Simply being home, if that's where you feel you belong, will enable you to remain positive whatever the cost emotionally and financially. In my eyes it was well worth the upheaval and I have no regrets. I am so happy to be back that I know it was the right move. Things will be ok and you will get through it in time, you just have to put it down to experience and as long as you have learnt something from your time in Oz, you will be wiser for it.

The very best of luck!

Jackie xx

hello jackie hope you are well, been following all the response to your post, there are some nice people on pomsinoz. i wondered if i could ask you how it was working in mater? was it mater mothers in brisbane did you ever meet any staff in nicu there, been offered a job there,so worried about accepting it, been to brisbane once for four months had soooooo many problems and dont want to make the same mistake twice my oh wants to go back, thanks, annemarie

Guest jackie Macdonald
hello jackie hope you are well, been following all the response to your post, there are some nice people on pomsinoz. i wondered if i could ask you how it was working in mater? was it mater mothers in brisbane did you ever meet any staff in nicu there, been offered a job there,so worried about accepting it, been to brisbane once for four months had soooooo many problems and dont want to make the same mistake twice my oh wants to go back, thanks, annemarie

Hi annemarie, I lived in Perth, so I can't really make any judgements on Brisbane. The only thing I would say is that if you were very unsure the last time you resided there, think very carefully before you decide to drop everything and go again. Others may feel differently, but then I am a tad bias!

jackie xx

Guest guest12791
Hi annemarie, I lived in Perth, so I can't really make any judgements on Brisbane. The only thing I would say is that if you were very unsure the last time you resided there, think very carefully before you decide to drop everything and go again. Others may feel differently, but then I am a tad bias!

jackie xx

Hi jackie thanks for your post, sorry thought you had been in brisbane. Iam so unsure what to do but my other half realy wants to go back, with the work situation becoming worse and the loneliness im so stressed thinking about it all, good that youre happy back home

annemarie x

Guest treesea
Like I said before I couldnt give a toss where a person comes from, London,Newcastle Outer Hebrides, to classify one section of the country as "the best" is playground stuff! Like one poster mentioned London accents "grate", its provocative and I am sure not what the O/P intended

J x

Well, in my experience, some parts of Britain are better than others. And if you plan to leave Australia to come back to Britain, maybe it is worth taking a bit of time over deciding where to live, rather than just returning to your home base, especially if there were things you didn't like when you left, or things that you didn't mind when you lived here but after x number of years in Australia, don't want to put up with again.

That's one thing that really surprised me when I came back, how different places in Britain were to each other. And how differently resourced they are. I'm from London, and thought we would be living there when we came back, - well, how wrong I was! Memory and reality don't always coincide. Aside from the general dilapidated state of London - what is it with that plastic bag graveyard/"sculpture" on the North Circular Road? Doesn't anything ever get cleaned up there? - the air where I had intended to live (bayswater) was so thick with pollution you could see it. And something I found hard to get used to - so many people, yet so few of them speaking English. So much for London accents. As to the public transport, for the first time since living in Japan, two decades ago, I felt like stretching out my arms on the train and knocking everyone over. What's with the "crushed in like sardines" effect?

The good news is, if that sort of thing doesn't bother you and is a feature of your hometown, you can go back to it. But if you don't fancy that kind of life, then sun, sand, sea and first world conditions are alive and well in other parts of Britain.

Archived