anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Guest catty
Best of luck Cathy - hope we don't have to rent ours! We'll have no cash to bring with us - Doh!!! We've had 5 viewings to-date and another tomorrow morning, so we're hoping that an offer will come in soon. Time is running short for us though - we really need to sell soon. I'm glad ye could afford to rent the house. Best of luck with the move. We're also waiting for our passports to arrive back from London.

All the best!

Thanks not sure if we can afford it but have no choice in the matter. got our passports back from london today aghhhhhhh

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest martinag

Hi everyone

I am from Dublin and myself and OH are hoping to move early next year, our 175 visa is lodged since 16th June 09 and we are waiting for the state sponsorship to switch to 176 visa. We have three kids 15, 9 and 6, hi Hazel thanks for the tip off ha ha.

Martina

Hi everyone

I am from Dublin and myself and OH are hoping to move early next year, our 175 visa is lodged since 16th June 09 and we are waiting for the state sponsorship to switch to 176 visa. We have three kids 15, 9 and 6, hi Hazel thanks for the tip off ha ha.

Martina

Hi Martina,

Just a quick note to say hi, I see that was your first post....so welcome!

We too are from Dublin, living in Swords (near the airport for a quick escape!). We have got NSW state sponsorship last month and have applied to DIAC a couple of weeks ago. We are just waiting to get a CO (a nice one hopefully!)

Where are you hoping to head for? Have you been out to Oz. I lived there for a year about 12 years ago but OH was never there. We said we'd go for a year to see how we (she) likes it and take it from there. We will just rent our house here.

regards

Karl

Guest Samfire
Thanks not sure if we can afford it but have no choice in the matter. got our passports back from london today aghhhhhhh

That's great Cathy! How long did it take to get your passports back? We sent ours last Friday.

Guest Samfire
Hi everyone

Martina

Hi Martina! Where are you heading to?? We've just got our visas and are hoping to sell our house and be off to Canberra, ACT by end Sept. 09. Hope everything goes smoothly with the change of visa. Hope to see you all out there at some stage!

Guest Samfire
Hi there,

Im from Cork and we are just starting our visa application now, .... so maybe get there sometime in the next 1 -2 years : )

Good luck with it! Ours took just 10 months, so you may be lucky if all is in order. :yes:

Guest Samfire
Called the estate agent he is coming on Thursday to take pics so nervous about selling now!

Hi Hazel - we're in the same boat as you, although we've had our house on the market with two estate agents for the last five weeks. Have had 4 viewings, no bites yet!!! We have another prospective buyer who cancelled apts. twice because her child was sick, so we're hoping that she'll view it at some stage in the next week or so. It's hard running around cleaning at the drop of a hat all the time - I just hope ours sells soon! It's up on Remax at the following weblink. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to have a look. Cheers, and best of luck with the sale.

Inisfail, Springfield, Clonlara, Co. Clare - Bungalow For Sale[agent_id]=6049&s[p]=rpttytvv

Hi Hazel - we're in the same boat as you, although we've had our house on the market with two estate agents for the last five weeks. Have had 4 viewings, no bites yet!!! We have another prospective buyer who cancelled apts. twice because her child was sick, so we're hoping that she'll view it at some stage in the next week or so. It's hard running around cleaning at the drop of a hat all the time - I just hope ours sells soon! It's up on Remax at the following weblink. Let me know what you think if you get a chance to have a look. Cheers, and best of luck with the sale.

Inisfail, Springfield, Clonlara, Co. Clare - Bungalow For Sale[agent_id]=6049&s[p]=rpttytvv

Hi Samfire,

Hope you dont mind but had a look at your house....it's very nice and nice grounds...hang in there, you should get it sold no problem, just a matter of time!

regards

Karl

Guest Samfire
Hi Samfire,

Hope you dont mind but had a look at your house....it's very nice and nice grounds...hang in there, you should get it sold no problem, just a matter of time!

regards

Karl

Thanks Karlom - I don't mind at all that you had a look - it's great to get the feedback about what others think, this way, if people feel it doesn't look as good as it should, then I can get back to the Estate agent and let her know we need to make some positive changes in how it's being presented. Things are very slow out there - even the estate agents are suprised it hasn't sold by now, considering we've dropped price by 30k just to get ourselves off to OZ!!!! Thanks again for the feedback.

Best Wishes

Guest Jacqui J

Hi Samfire. Had a little look at your house. It looks really well, tastefully decorated and lovely grounds. Good luck with the sale, you shouldn't have any bother selling. Jacqui

Guest catty
That's great Cathy! How long did it take to get your passports back? We sent ours last Friday.

it took exactly a week! so you should have yours soon as well its mad seeing your visa stamp on it !!!

Guest Samfire
it took exactly a week! so you should have yours soon as well its mad seeing your visa stamp on it !!!

Great, Thanks for the info - getting excited now at the prospect of receiving our returned passports with Visa Stamp!!!!!

Guest hazeotoole

OMG it looks fab, if I wasnt moving to Perth I would be def calling for a viewing well done you, we are just about finished with the decluttering a staggering 13 bags of rubbish/charity shop bags have been removed from the house its amazing how much crap we accumulate. So I only have bathroom left to clean and a bit i hiding of crap to do before he arrives tomorrow to take pics just hope its a sunny day!

Guest Samfire
OMG it looks fab, if I wasnt moving to Perth I would be def calling for a viewing well done you, we are just about finished with the decluttering a staggering 13 bags of rubbish/charity shop bags have been removed from the house its amazing how much crap we accumulate. So I only have bathroom left to clean and a bit i hiding of crap to do before he arrives tomorrow to take pics just hope its a sunny day!

Thanks Hazel - it's great to get the feedback! That's given me a lift, seen as viewings this week are very slow. I know that feeling when you're trying to de-clutter and tidy up for photo shoot! It doesn't get any easier trying to find things that you've shoved behind press doors etc. Nearly want to put up a warning sign in my house to advise that you are taking your life in your own hands when you open a press- everything might fall out and kill you!!!!! Best of luck with putting the house on the market. Let me know when it's up on the web and I'll have a look and tell you what I think. P.S. Weather's looking good for pictures!!

Cheers, bye for now!:laugh:

Guest cuba267
Jesus Cuba, that sounds painful!!!!!! Rather you than me, my friend. Six months hanging around in this S**th))e!!!!:arghh: I know you gotta do what you gotta do, personally, my hat's off to you! I think I'd be in the nuthouse if I had to wait six months! Our visa grant is the only thing keeping me sane right now!! I'd nearly sell the house €50.00 if I thought I could afford to get going quicker than yesterday!!! Anyway, good to know that others are more grounded and focused than me and mine! Just don't wait too long for things to get better - it may not happen here in the black hole during our lifetime, even if it does pick up slightly down under!!! Either way, best of luck with the plans./QUOTE]

Who the f*&% said i was grounded and focussed!!! I'm definately in the nuthouse waiting here:frown:. Six months of waiting seems like a life sentence. But, its only 6 months and lots of people here would kill for that wait if it meant getting to oz. So, they way i think of it, i can experience Ireland in the aftermath of An Bord Snip Nua's report and catch Mr Lennihans December budget before i get on the plane and swear never ever ever again.....

Guest cuba267
Hi there,

Im from Cork and we are just starting our visa application now, .... so maybe get there sometime in the next 1 -2 years : )

Good luck with the whole process. Any way we can help just ask..

Guest cuba267
Hi everyone

Martina

Welcome Martina....its definately a waiting game...if you can wait you'll be sorted.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cuba267

17 weeks to go 'til i leave work.

22 weeks before we go to oz.

for the love of........ how the hell am i going to cope with the wait??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cuba267

actually, scrap the above...we've decided to bring our moving date forward to 10th November....not long to go now then.

Guest hazeotoole

Congrats Cuba, you must be getting so excited now! we put the house on the market a few weeks ago and have our first viewing on monday nervous but excited!! Really hope it goes well now :) Our medicals are tomorrow so wish us luck!!

Guest cuba267
Congrats Cuba, you must be getting so excited now! we put the house on the market a few weeks ago and have our first viewing on monday nervous but excited!! Really hope it goes well now :) Our medicals are tomorrow so wish us luck!!

no worries at all with your meds i bet. its more an exercise in daylight robbery than the medical profession caring for you. Best of luck with the house though, hope the first viewing come up trumps.

Guest Samfire

Hi guys! Haven't been on here for awhile! Congrats Hazel on the viewing last Monday - will PM you shortly to catch up on the news! Hope the meds went smoothly - it's true for Cuba - more an issue of daylight robbery than a rigorous exercise in caring about your health, I mean .... they've approved me! That says it all!!!!:laugh:

Cuba - I know that WAITING game!!! It's torturous!! We've now been experiencing the opposite - 6.5 weeks and counting to our move on 27th September (flights booked). Problem is, house still not sold and not generating much interest in this sh*th*le that we live in, so lots and lots of PRESSURE :arghh:. Good thing is, Germany and France are reporting a slight rise out the recession which should serve to strengthen the EURO somewhat (we'll get more aussie dollars when we exchange our funds hopefully!). Mind you, having sold nothing yet, it looks like we'll have no money to exchange at this rate! Either way, have to hang in there I suppose and let the clock tick away to countdown and hope for the best! November seems like a better moving date Cuba, if I may say so myself! Best of luck and keep us posted.

Guest aidan painter

hi shirley.....where from the westmeath-meath border and waiting for our visa to come through so we can make our move to perth!just wonderin did you get to oz yet????

Guest hazeotoole

Hi all medicals were passed with flying colours just waiting on bloods will take about 2 weeks and have x rays on wednesday so excited about viewing on monday but wont hold my breath will see how it goes!

Archived