anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Guest hazeotoole

Oh forgot to add we got them done in waterford, 125 per adult, 80 for kids and xrays will be 90 for me and hubbie. Bloods we pay seperatly 71.00 euro so all in all DAYLIGHT ROBBERY:)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jacqui J
Hi all medicals were passed with flying colours just waiting on bloods will take about 2 weeks and have x rays on wednesday so excited about viewing on monday but wont hold my breath will see how it goes!

Hi Haze,

We're told bloods would take 2 weeks. It's a week now since we had meds done and our bloods are already back.

Thought this might give you some hope.

Guest cuba267
Oh forgot to add we got them done in waterford, 125 per adult, 80 for kids and xrays will be 90 for me and hubbie. Bloods we pay seperatly 71.00 euro so all in all DAYLIGHT ROBBERY:)

Try not to think of it as robbery - look at it as an exit tax you have to pay to leave the country. And, seeing as Waterford Crystal closed down, you're doing a good deed supporting the local economy. Those poor doctors are really suffering you know...

Guest Samfire
Hi Haze,

We're told bloods would take 2 weeks. It's a week now since we had meds done and our bloods are already back.

Thought this might give you some hope.

Ours too was all done and posted off in 10days. Got them done in Limerick. €140 each for us two adults for meds (including bloods), €90 each for x-rays (three of us), €100 each for the two kids meds. Expensive, but MBNA paid for it!!!:laugh:

Guest hazeotoole

ha ha ours was in waterford 125 per adult 80 fr kids and 45 for xray, 71 for bloods to be processed, not too bad better than dublin i suppose

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cuba267

the man from the removals place in dublin (yep, cant remember the company he works for....am hoping he'll tell me tomorrow) is coming. how much for a 20 ft container???? answer tomorrow.....

Guest Jacqui J
We're using Careline and we've booked our own container (650 cubic feet I think) - €4,300.

We used Careline too. Really good service, highly recommend them.

They organised storage for us when our stuff arrived and got it through quarantine without any hassle.

They arrived at 9.30am and were packed and gone by 1pm.

Guest Samfire
We used Careline too. Really good service, highly recommend them.

They organised storage for us when our stuff arrived and got it through quarantine without any hassle.

They arrived at 9.30am and were packed and gone by 1pm.

That's good to hear Jacqui! I know some of the family members (who own the company) - used to pal years ago, so that's why we went with them. Then we were thinking, oh no - what if they're no good??? So it's definitely a relief to hear good feedback. My friend used them recently too when moving back to Ireland from Holland, and she also had great things to say about them. We'll probably need to arrange storage for our stuff too - can you PM me with a rough idea of what I'd expect to pay on storage fees? Would be very grateful if you could drop us a msg when you get time.

Guest cuba267
Hi Migrating form London, but my husband is from Mayo orignally some 18 years ago. Going to Perth in three months time

Welcome to PIO and good luck with the move to perth

Guest mattytrot

martin and family here about to abandon the banner county for perth, have been approved for ss176 and are awaitin case officer , all medicals and police chex done

Guest hazeotoole

Congrats on the ss Martin we are the same well we have a co just waiting on meds to be finalised police checks done already, fingers crossed we wont be much longer, where in perth you hoping to move to, whats your profession?

Guest cuba267

Quotes back from two removal companies for a 20ft container, both for €4250. Was expecting it but still hurts (i know i know, it was going to be free but.......). I'm thinking of it as an 'exit levy' - blaming mr cowen.

Guest Natty T

Hi to everyone on this thread. My hubby is Irish, from the north but lives with me in Leicester now with our 4 children. We are heading to Perth july 2010 on a 176 SS, Dom is a Carpenter and would love to get to know people there in the Irish community to help us settle in and make friends, theres nothing like a friendly face when you start to feel low or home sick. Look forward to getting to know people.

Natalie, Dominic, Niamh,Conal, Erin and Fintan. :jiggy:

Thought i would put in a reply here , my hubby is from Donegal, he is on a 4 year work visa at the moment but we put in a spouse visa last month

Guest familyof3

Hi Shirley, we are also from Meath and hope to be making the move early 2010, have a case officer and medicals sent over 10 days ago so should have word back very soon we hope going on all the other peoples timeframe!!!!! This is my first post but delighted to see a Meath person on and heading to our choosen destination!!!!! wonder do I know you im in Trim?

Guest aidan painter

hi,were a family of 4 with 2 teenage kidds and were also headin to perth,hopefully within the next month.were from westmeath(delvin)...so not to far away from ya!!

Guest familyof3

Hi aidan painter, oh you lucky things I wish we were at that stage!!!! what part of Perth We are starting to try do our research and I find the forums great to read, only starting to post so it taking me a while to find last page I was on etc..... God don't know how I will find perth if I can't find me way around these forums. :jiggy:

hi,were a family of 4 with 2 teenage kidds and were also headin to perth,hopefully within the next month.were from westmeath(delvin)...so not to far away from ya!!

Guest aidan painter

we are planning to live in the northern suburbs maybe clarkson . going to leave friends of ours to the airport tonight they are heading to perth too.

Guest familyof3

Oh my god thats fantastic for you to have friends making the move at the same time. God there will be no one left in Delvin....

Archived