anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Guest Jacqui J
well did you decide either way???? we put ours up for rent thinking it might take a while get someone in etc etc anyways we have someone to rent from end july:biglaugh:no visa yet!!! talk about putting the horse before the cart.....

Ye, we did that too and had someone in 2 weeks later. Been in my mother-in-laws for the last 2 months. At least if all falls flat on it's face we'll be able to move back in. Still keeping it on the market though, never know, might get a buyer.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cuba267
well did you decide either way???? we put ours up for rent thinking it might take a while get someone in etc etc anyways we have someone to rent from end july:biglaugh:no visa yet!!! talk about putting the horse before the cart.....

Have to make the call today.....am caught between saying to him 'what the f*** is that offer?' and 'ok then, give it to us'

Guest catty
Have to make the call today.....am caught between saying to him 'what the f*** is that offer?' and 'ok then, give it to us'

oooohhhhhhh decisions decisions.. good luck its a tough one

Guest burnsb

Hi ,

we're from N.Ireland as well. We arrive in Brisbane on the 29th June. Not sure where we will end up living. What do you think of the Gold Coast?

Bernadette

Guest Gibbo

Good luck with your decision.

Guest cuba267
Good luck with your decision.

Well, we accepted the offer on our house. Cannot believe it was so low (35% below what we thought a year or so ago). But hey ho. Just have to swallow ye olde pride.

Guest Gibbo
Well, we accepted the offer on our house. Cannot believe it was so low (35% below what we thought a year or so ago). But hey ho. Just have to swallow ye olde pride.

I think you have done the right thing. House prices are only going one way in Ireland.

I don't think that prices are anywhere near the bottom yet.

It will be a long long time before you see prices start to rise again and they will not be anywhere near the prices achieved in the Celtic tiger years.

If you are coming out with some equity then you have done well.Don't think about what price you could have got 18 months ago. Look forward.

People here don't realise how bad things are,they think that when the recession ends things will return to normal but what they fail to realise is that the last 10 years were by no means 'normal'.

Guest cuba267
I think you have done the right thing. House prices are only going one way in Ireland.

I don't think that prices are anywhere near the bottom yet.

It will be a long long time before you see prices start to rise again and they will not be anywhere near the prices achieved in the Celtic tiger years.

If you are coming out with some equity then you have done well.Don't think about what price you could have got 18 months ago. Look forward.

People here don't realise how bad things are,they think that when the recession ends things will return to normal but what they fail to realise is that the last 10 years were by no means 'normal'.

thanks. however there's like two me's. the head me knows you're right (i've been telling everyone the same), the other me goes 'jesus, you got a bargain mate'. and the really cheeky thing was the estate agent rang today and the guy wants all the contents too without payin a cent more! sure, what can you do.

also will be a lot slower in buyin a house in oz - i don't care if they're talking up another property market rise or not. we'll take our time and buy at our own pace.

Guest Gibbo

I think you are wise in saying you would be slow to buy over in oz. Take your time when over there and just see how things are panning out.

I think the days of making big money on property in a short time are over for a while.

The banks have had their fingers burnt and the days of 100% mortgages are gone. Until we go back to the old equation of 3.5 times the main salary with a deposit of 20% then prices must come down.

Guest hazeotoole

Congrats on selling the house Cuba, just wondering does the buyer know your moving to Oz if he does he is some chancer looking for all the contents for nothing, give him a swift kick you know where and tell him to swing for the contents have a garage sale and make a few bucks thats what we are doing anyway :) One step closer for you yeah!

Guest cuba267

Hi hazel, catty and gibbo

The cheeky swine doesn't know a thing about our intentions but he said 'contents or no deal'. A walk in house! Can't really blame him though, i'd prob to the same (maybe....).

Guest Gibbo

The cheeky swine doesn't know a thing about our intentions but he said 'contents or no deal'. A walk in house! Can't really blame him though, i'd prob to the same (maybe....).

He sounds like a nice guy !!!?

He is definitely playing hardball. It does seem unfair but if you look at it another way it will save you the cost of transporting any furniture to Australia.

Definitely a sign of the times when a buyer can behave in this way knowing that if you refuse him there will be someone else who will accept his offer.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Guest catty

its sad to think that your home is going to someone like that but then again you are heading for a fresh start elsewhere. when you say contents does he actually mean everything beds etc??? its funny though because if you were only moving house your contents would not be on the table where did he get this idea?? ye obviously have good taste in furniture....

Guest cuba267

Hi guys

Anyone else got the prayer book and rosary beads out for the week after 1st July or are there people here on the long haul waiting list? Since we've been told that the new visa/economic year is on 1st July and that they begin processing visas again after this June has felt like the longest month on record. Its like being at the end of a very long line of Chinese Whispers only your building a life in your head on the validity of the information.

Guest hazeotoole

Hey Cuba dont worry about re filling your home with furniture anyway Perth has an IKEA so we are all laughing!!!! I am so thrilled love IKEA some really nice stuff in it just a shame we have to go to Belfast hope to be in Perth before the one down south opens :) And yes Cuba have the rosary beads out my hubbie on 2 weeks leave from Friday and says he needs state sponsorship to be through before he goes back so he wont be so depressed in work, he is really hating the place now think its because he knows there is a good chance he will be leaving, its getting really hard for him to get out of the bed in the mornings he is super depressed about work he hates it. :( very hard to see I have to say feel really badly for him.

Guest catty

oh my lord am i praying or what! i have a good feeling lots of visas will be granted in the next couple of weeks mine included. fingers crossed.

Guest cuba267
Hey Cuba dont worry about re filling your home with furniture anyway Perth has an IKEA so we are all laughing!!!! I am so thrilled love IKEA some really nice stuff in it just a shame we have to go to Belfast hope to be in Perth before the one down south opens :) And yes Cuba have the rosary beads out my hubbie on 2 weeks leave from Friday and says he needs state sponsorship to be through before he goes back so he wont be so depressed in work, he is really hating the place now think its because he knows there is a good chance he will be leaving, its getting really hard for him to get out of the bed in the mornings he is super depressed about work he hates it. :( very hard to see I have to say feel really badly for him.

Its stupid but in my head i've already left work so feel for your OH there. I'm the same, every day seems a drag. Although, if i had the visa in my back pocket it would put a spring in my step big time. I just want an answer either way so i can get on with some plans (and if i'm staying i've got to get my head around working with my oh-so-frustrating boss)

Guest cuba267

Stupid 1st July been and gone in oz and no confirmation email, darn and drat. Anyway, congratulations to catty. She posted earlier to say she got her visa this morn. Well done to you!!

Guest catty
Stupid 1st July been and gone in oz and no confirmation email, darn and drat. Anyway, congratulations to catty. She posted earlier to say she got her visa this morn. Well done to you!!

hey you yes am delighted but im sure the flood gates will open now on visas but i hear your frustration as i would be pissed off big time if nothing came today. no e mail as of yet but visa dates etc were on my IMMI page. so gotto book flights now and then the panic begins. i am finishing up work on the 31st and i can not wait:laugh:

Guest cuba267
hey you yes am delighted but im sure the flood gates will open now on visas but i hear your frustration as i would be pissed off big time if nothing came today. no e mail as of yet but visa dates etc were on my IMMI page. so gotto book flights now and then the panic begins. i am finishing up work on the 31st and i can not wait:laugh:

thats the prob with us....we have a paper application and we can't view our progress electronically, can't tell whether we've got it or not.

so you're finishin up on 31st? wow, thats quick! have you got stuff sorted out on the other side yet?

Guest catty
thats the prob with us....we have a paper application and we can't view our progress electronically, can't tell whether we've got it or not.

so you're finishin up on 31st? wow, thats quick! have you got stuff sorted out on the other side yet?

well, keep me posted on when you get this golden visa and i hope its soon for ye guys. yes finishing on the 31st had to give my boss a date and i just picked that as a number about 2 weeks ago (again cart before horse job!!) and we also have tenents moving in on the 20th july so we are getting the movers next week. we are sending books ,pictures, a few nick knacks, clothes and billions of shoes . we are leaving our furnature in the house of course. and them hope to get the 30 kgs with Ethihad airways which seem to be doing great deals and they fly from dublin which is a bonus as well. its going to be a mad few weeks but i swear i'd say everyone is sick of hearing about us going to Oz that they will be glad to actually see us going now:biglaugh::biglaugh:. we are looking to head around the 10th August. on the job front out there i am lucky in that i can get agency work very quickly but in fact we are going to take a few weeks hols first and then think about jobs etc

Guest hazeotoole

Congrats Catty,

Sounds like you have it all sorted out in your head anyway! Really hope the move goes well for you, so do you have a house rented over there or a car yet?

Archived