anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Guest cuba267

Got our 176 visa today!! Absolutely thrilled with it. All we have to do now is find employment (well, my wife does, I can be a house husband for a while). So, off to Melbourne sometime soon(ish).

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cuba267
Nice one, so long biffo and all the other useless tools in power!

that was exactly the phrase i was going to use but i decided 'no, contain yourself, you're in good mood today, be ultra fair to the politicians, they're really and truely doing the best they can' - hence no mention in my former message.

Guest Jacqui J
Got our 176 visa today!! Absolutely thrilled with it. All we have to do now is find employment (well, my wife does, I can be a house husband for a while). So, off to Melbourne sometime soon(ish).

Well done. Good luck on your adventure.

Guest Samfire

:jiggy:That's super news!!! We got ours too!!!! Congratulations - looks like the first of July new quota for visas has just kicked off!!! We got ours before our 70 days was up. We're off to Canberra - hubby has a job already, so I get to do the stay-at-home wife!!! Have had a couple of viewings on the house, but no bites yet. Have to get it moving soon. Don't know where to start now i.e. organising the move - what about you???? Using Ozforex for currency transfer. Does anybody have any experience in using this company? What about flights? Anybody any suggestions regarding a) airline b) attractive prices? Good luck to everybody on the visa journey - good things come to those who wait. :yes:

Guest Jacqui J
:jiggy:That's super news!!! We got ours too!!!! Congratulations - looks like the first of July new quota for visas has just kicked off!!! We got ours before our 70 days was up. We're off to Canberra - hubby has a job already, so I get to do the stay-at-home wife!!! Have had a couple of viewings on the house, but no bites yet. Have to get it moving soon. Don't know where to start now i.e. organising the move - what about you???? Using Ozforex for currency transfer. Does anybody have any experience in using this company? What about flights? Anybody any suggestions regarding a) airline b) attractive prices? Good luck to everybody on the visa journey - good things come to those who wait. :yes:

Hi Samfire. Congrats on the visa. We came down to Clare for the weekend, going home tomorrow. Have a look at Cheap Flights, International Flights | Jetabroad AU | Cheap Flights Quite a good site for flights to anywhere. Gives the option to stopover if you want. Don't think the price changes much if you check different sites.

Good luck flight hunting.

Shirley,sorry i missed your reply.It will be worth it ,be prepared it is a big blooming culture shock and one has to work very hard.My o.h has to get up at 4.50am for a6.30 am start on a building site.He says London was the best for his type of work.regards marg

Guest cuba267

Well done you too! its a great feeling, isn't it? We're a bit stressed ourselves now cos, after months and months of waiting for someone else to make a decission, its now completely up to us. Responsibility shmosability.

Guest Taytoconnorrs

Ozforex is great. I wish I'd heard of them sooner. There's not commission for your first 3 transactions. Minimum transaction is AUD 2000

Guest cuba267

Hi all

Have a question specifically for Irish oz visa holders. It says the following in my visa grant letter

Evidence of your visa

It is recommended that all visa holders obtain evidence of their visa in their current passport.

They can have evidence of their visa placed into their passport at any of the departments offshore

offices with visa evidencing facilities. Details of addresses and opening times for these overseas

offices can be found at - Contact Us

Please note that a copy of this letter is sufficient for visa evidencing purposes.

Does that mean I must go to an Embassy to get a visa put into my passport? If it does, must we go to the Australian Embassy in London to do this because, on their web site, the Dublin office refers you to the London office for such matters? I'll post this as a general query if we can't find an answer between us.......how i hope i dont have to go to london with my young children on ryanair again....

Guest Taytoconnorrs

My Case officer asked me to send my passport to London by registered post and returned it within a week or so with my visa inside. I'm surprised you weren't ask to do the same.

Guest cuba267

Got this reply back today from DIAC re my query about visas in passport:

Dear Client / Authorised Contact

I am writing to you in regard to the above Skilled Migration application to

Australia.

I would like to advise that you must obtain evidence of your visa in your

current passport before you enter Australia.

Please view the following link http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/i/

Yes, you will be required to arrange this with the Australian High

Commission in London.

Kind Regards

And checked with them and tayto was right, you can post it in by registered post. Also found out though that if you happen to be in London it only takes 5 min (and thats including time in the queue!) to get it stamped.

Guest Jacqui J

Thanks for that info Cuba. Do you know if only one member of the family can get them all done or not?

Guest cuba267
Thanks for that info Cuba. Do you know if only one member of the family can get them all done or not?

Was just chatting with someone today who said that the main applicant can take all the passports and get them done - not everyone has to be there. The main applicant must bring the passports and a copy of the visa grant email/letter.

Guest cuba267

Think we've decided to go to oz in first week of January. Give the econonmy over there another 6 months to pick up so it should be easier to find a job. Now all i have to do is stick my job out for those 6 long months.

Guest jas258

Hi Guys,

My name is Ruth, we are another couple from louth. we started this process in january, went through the TRA and skilled assesments, we lodged our state sponcership on the 28th May 09, they say it will take around 8 weeks to process, im waiting very nervously.

We have been dreaming of going to OZ for a long time. The whole process keeps changing so im worried we wont get our visa's. We are hoping to move to Queensland. We are going to Rent our house here only because we cant sell it because we would make a loss on it.

i've been logging on everyday to see how everyone else is getting on. so its great to know that there are other people on poms from ireland going out. I hope by the time we all get out there the recession will have improved and we will all get jobs. For all of you out there already can you tell me how things are? Did you get a job easy enough?

What area's are you all thing of going to?

Ruth:biggrin:

Guest hazeotoole

Hey Jas

hope queensland ss is taking a lot less then wa, dont mean to dampen your spirits but we were also told about 8 weeks now almost 14 and will probably be another 2 :( We are from Tipperary we started the process in Jan also have the tra and visa lodged so I suppose we are not too bad so far just waiting on ss now, hope I dont grow too old before it gets to me. Anyway good luck with the ss and the move :)

Guest Samfire

Hi Ruth! We're from Clare and had our visas (176) granted on 3/7/09. Hubby has a permanent job secured in Fyshwick, Canberra (ACT), so that's where we're headed and the sooner the better!!! We are committed to selling our house, and have 2 viewings in the morning (which is why I'm up and can't sleep)! If we get an offer in and around what we're prepared to accept, then we're cutting our losses in this deadbeat country and heading off ASAP - our aim is for end Sept 09. Can't wait, and this weather is only re-affirming things for us!!! Even the kids are cracking up after returning from our family visit to my parents house in Spain!!!! We've been at the "waiting for SS stage" so I know what you're going through! Believe me, you'll have your visas in hand before you know it, and you'll wonder where the time went! Hang in there all of you, and we hope to meet more Irish people in OZ - no matter where we're scattered!!!! Best of luck!

Guest Samfire
Think we've decided to go to oz in first week of January. Give the econonmy over there another 6 months to pick up so it should be easier to find a job. Now all i have to do is stick my job out for those 6 long months.

Jesus Cuba, that sounds painful!!!!!! Rather you than me, my friend. Six months hanging around in this S**th))e!!!!:arghh: I know you gotta do what you gotta do, personally, my hat's off to you! I think I'd be in the nuthouse if I had to wait six months! Our visa grant is the only thing keeping me sane right now!! I'd nearly sell the house €50.00 if I thought I could afford to get going quicker than yesterday!!! Anyway, good to know that others are more grounded and focused than me and mine! Just don't wait too long for things to get better - it may not happen here in the black hole during our lifetime, even if it does pick up slightly down under!!! Either way, best of luck with the plans.:laugh:

Hi Guys,

My name is Ruth, we are another couple from louth. we started this process in january, went through the TRA and skilled assesments, we lodged our state sponcership on the 28th May 09, they say it will take around 8 weeks to process, im waiting very nervously.

We have been dreaming of going to OZ for a long time. The whole process keeps changing so im worried we wont get our visa's. We are hoping to move to Queensland. We are going to Rent our house here only because we cant sell it because we would make a loss on it.

i've been logging on everyday to see how everyone else is getting on. so its great to know that there are other people on poms from ireland going out. I hope by the time we all get out there the recession will have improved and we will all get jobs. For all of you out there already can you tell me how things are? Did you get a job easy enough?

What area's are you all thing of going to?

Ruth:biggrin:

Hi Ruth,

Just a quick note to say hi. We are a couple from Swords in Dublin hoping to head to Sydney early next year. We have been successful with our NSW 176 sponsorship and have application in DIAC. Medicals and garda checks done 2 weeks ago.

Nice to hear of other Irish heading down under, im sure there will be plenty to meet up with in whatever state people go to, plenty to share a prawn on the BBQ and a cold beer.

Karl

Guest catty

hi ruth, as everyone is saying hang in there. we are heading off on the 10th august and we're off to melbourne and we as well could not not get our house sold we didn't even get an offer!!!!! so we are renting it as off the 20th this month and so far things are fallin into place just waiting on our passports back from london with our visa stamp on them!!! we got a 175 visa. hoping everything starts to happen for you soon !

Guest Samfire
hi ruth, as everyone is saying hang in there. we are heading off on the 10th august and we're off to melbourne and we as well could not not get our house sold we didn't even get an offer!!!!! so we are renting it as off the 20th this month and so far things are fallin into place just waiting on our passports back from london with our visa stamp on them!!! we got a 175 visa. hoping everything starts to happen for you soon !

Best of luck Cathy - hope we don't have to rent ours! We'll have no cash to bring with us - Doh!!! We've had 5 viewings to-date and another tomorrow morning, so we're hoping that an offer will come in soon. Time is running short for us though - we really need to sell soon. I'm glad ye could afford to rent the house. Best of luck with the move. We're also waiting for our passports to arrive back from London.

All the best!

Guest mandj

Hi there,

Im from Cork and we are just starting our visa application now, .... so maybe get there sometime in the next 1 -2 years : )

Archived