anyone in here emmigrating from rep of ireland???

Guest shirley v

Guest shirley v

just wondering if there were any irish in here ,were hoping to make the big move asap would like to see if anyone from this neck of the woods is doing the same right now??:smile:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Shirley,

Nice to hear from another Irish person. We are a couple from Dublin and are applying for NSW SS visa, application being submitted in next 3 weeks, once skills assessment back.

We intend to go somewhere just north of Sydney sometime next year. We will go for a year initially and see how we get on and then make a decision from there. We will rent our house for the initial year.

I live there for a year about 10 years ago and I have be missing it since I have returned and just have to go back. my wife has never been but I am hoping that she loves it (as I have no intention of coming back to Ireland once we get there!).

Where do you live and where are you in the whole process.

sorry for the life story

regards

Karl

Guest shirley v

hi karl, were from meath,we are hoping to go to perth.oh is a brickie.we have just sent the application for TRA hope to get a quick response! we were originally going to apply for 175 but opted to try for wa sponsorship instead as brickies were taken off csl as im sure you know.what line of work are u in ?

Hiya,

We were the same, we were applying for 175 as an accountant (i studied this but have never worked as an accountant) but changed to 176 (financial advisor) as it is quicker and really want to get visa before they change the rules and we are stuck here in the rain!!!

Hi Shirley I am already in oz on the sunshine coast. There is 5 Irish couples live beside me all arrived from sept to 5 weeks ago. There is a few other Irish on pio who are coming out one of them is end of June. When do you think you arrive here and were are you moving to? If there is any info let me know. Amanda

Guest shirley v

hi irish for ever! like the name,were hoping to move to mandurah south of perth,we have been trying to get here for 15 mths now but we were ripped off by another company, we lost all our money,but we picked ourselves up again and were giving it another go.so with a bit of luck this time we hope to be out there probally close to the end of the year or early next year,but i really hope this year.its such a stressful process is'nt it?

:wacko:hope not to get st

uck here in the bloody rain although knowing my luck i will.......everything crossed!!!!

Guest tony and sheena

Just wanted to say hi, we're Irish, from 'the North'. We've been on the Gold Coast since Jan 09 and couldn't be happier.

Good luck with the process, it's all worth it in the end.

Take care,

Sheena

Hi I'm over from Roscommon visiting my daughter and son in law with the two wee ones, absolutley love it here in NSW Avoca Beach. Me and my husband are in our early 60s and are hoping to move over as soon as we sell our house in Ireland, things don't look great in the housing market at the moment though, but we will keep our fingers .crossed. Good luck to you all and God Bless.

Guest Grace1981

Hi nice to see there are others, I'm Grace from Shannon Co.clare, my husband and i applied for our visa last sep 08 we should have it though any day soon fingers crossed. I lived in Sydney for a year and loved it, my other half has never been.

Guest cuba267

Hi all

We're from kilkenny and looking to get out of Cowenland before the IMF bailiffs come in. Have a case officer so nearly at decission time....god knows what we'll do if he says no!

Hi all

We're from kilkenny and looking to get out of Cowenland before the IMF bailiffs come in. Have a case officer so nearly at decission time....god knows what we'll do if he says no!

Hi Cuba, congratulations on the Case Officer, wont be long now.

melbourne was our first choice on a 175 but we felt a 176 this year was better than a maybe 175 next year. Put another way, I would rather be in Sydney dreaming of Melbourne than in Ireland dreaming of Australia!!

Cheers

Karl

Guest shirley v

hi to all and thanks for the replies......keep them comin! would be great to meet some of you in the not too distant future.......luck of the irish has to kick in sooner or later....ive convinced myself of that!!!!!:hug:

Guest shirley v

dont know how i missed the last two posts!! sorry...so i would like to say i liked your way of thinking karl....means to and end is'nt,your not giving up without a fight! we have also... like you and cuba,been to oz,we were on our honeymoon on the east coast,from cairns to sydney in a camper...loved it.but we think that perth would be better now that its not just the 2 of us.been talking about it for 5 yrs and sorry now we didnt do it sooner.but we WILL GET THERE IN THE END! and cuba congrats on the CO i bet you had to pinch yourself!:yes:

Guest shirley v

hi irish4ever, how is everything in the place we all want to be! did you find it difficult to make friends with all those irish couples you met,hard starting all over again id imagine?

Hi Shirley We relocated up to the sunshine coast from Melbourne in Jan. I met most of the Irish through PIO. We have had lots of barbies and a lot of late nights!

I get on so well with these people I feel as if I have known them for years. We all help each other out and when they are feeling a bit down ( including myself ) they are on the phone saying come over for a wee cup of tea...

You need good friends over here because you dont have your family

Amanda

Guest shirley v

ah thats really reassuring to know that can all work out,i would hate to be left with no others it would make it really difficult to adjust.great to see also that people on here meet up something in common straight away...cool:smile:

Guest SunshineSmile

Hi Shirley,

Im living in Cork and planning to head off to Brisbane next year, wish it was sooner.... Dont need to tell you how bad things are here.. I can feel a sense of impending doom on a daily basis!

Gone to the stage where I dont listen to the news anymore. Hope to meet some of you out there!

Guest shirley v

hi sunshinesmile

yes its really awful, kinda afraid not to go and afraid to go all at the same time! its a real rollercoaster in alot of ways just wish you could wake up and be there eh.:arghh:how far on in the process are you?are u using an agent?

Guest SunshineSmile
hi sunshinesmile

yes its really awful, kinda afraid not to go and afraid to go all at the same time! its a real rollercoaster in alot of ways just wish you could wake up and be there eh.:arghh:how far on in the process are you?are u using an agent?

Im stuck in a bad place cos cant decide what visa to go on due to various circumstances.. either a 457 or PR. Im a nurse so either way I think Im in a fortunate position and going to do it myself without an agent. Have to say that Im playing the game with sweaty palms... cos I really feel its time to get out of here and very worried that next year the job market for nurses could have changed :skeptical: But have to wait til then for my daughter to finish school as her Dad has refused permission for me to take her sooner. Sorry if you already said this, but where are you planning to go in Oz and what visa are you going on?

Guest shirley v

were hopeing to go to mandurah south of perth,were looking for state sponsorship first as my oh is a bricklayer and his skill was taken off the csl.we just sent our TRA stuff to our new agent..we got ripped off by another company so were at this 15 long mths now.its been tough going

Guest SunshineSmile

15 months is a long time.. thats awful you got ripped off Ive heard quite a few similliar stories. My Oh is in construction and he is out of work since Christmas.. cant be much happening for bricklayers either? We gotta get out of here!!! No doubt we will be regulars on here for the next while, keep me posted on how your getting on.

Guest cuba267

Do you know what i'm looking forward to one day? Telling the kids what mam and dad have been planning behind their backs for the last 13 months. We've told absolutely no one about our plans. We (naively) thought this pocess would take a couple of months but...... Its not helping that its a rollercoaster ride. I'd love to have kept the kids informed but the eldest is only 5 so hardly fair to burden her with it. Hardly fair to burden me with it either, we males dont do this waiting in uncertainty thing very well.

you are so lucky, we told people at the start and now we are sick to the two back teeth

of 'are you not away yet' - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we have had everything done and 175 in from last may and were told we would get it August, September, November, January and then the announcement was made. We applied to WA for state sponsorship but panicking now as god knows if it isnt through before June does the trades move again

Did anyone use that agency down in Kildare? I phoned them up ages and ages ago and

they were planning to charge me for advice? Just advice nothing more, ahhhhhhhh

anyway didnt use them and no further on with ones we have. We honeymooned out there

in Oz as well, small world. We are planning for perth but getting so tired of it all,

Guest Annabegins

Hey everyone!

We're hopefully heading to Perth soon! Am a nurse and got sponsored by a hospital. Visa application sent so just waiting to hear back now...! Im from Donegal and husband from Fermanagh and have a three year old boy. We cant wait to get away like all of u!! Its nice to see theres so many of us!

Archived