SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just as info for other people waiting:

I applied 6 May 2011 with a totally straightforward case. AB was my CO. NOtified 2 Sept that visa would be granted as I am currently in Australia -visa will be granted 18 Sept to fit with existing travel plans, which was very helpful of AB. So another 4 month turnaround.

For allt hose with AB - he is very, very by the book and will not give you any information at all until the visa grant, but he is nonethless efficient so don't worry too much if you don't get any info out of him. It was very frustrating for me as a friend had a different CO who gave her all kinds of estimated dates etc while we got nothing!

Just as info for other people waiting:

I applied 6 May 2011 with a totally straightforward case. AB was my CO. NOtified 2 Sept that visa would be granted as I am currently in Australia -visa will be granted 18 Sept to fit with existing travel plans, which was very helpful of AB. So another 4 month turnaround.

For allt hose with AB - he is very, very by the book and will not give you any information at all until the visa grant, but he is nonethless efficient so don't worry too much if you don't get any info out of him. It was very frustrating for me as a friend had a different CO who gave her all kinds of estimated dates etc while we got nothing!

Thanks for that Roary - it's good to know that it's not just me he's not giving info to - if that's his way, then I can live with that :arghh: no really I can :confused: I think! Maybe the best plan is to just plan for the four month mark, but not do anything rash beforehand, like hand in my notice until the visa comes through - this of course means waiting another month to leave.....oh I don't know :wideeyed:

It never hurts to email them! It reminds your CO that you are alive, interested in the process, and what your case is. I emailed AB about 4 times because I am in Australia on a tourist visa and wanted to make sure my visa was not granted before the 18 (otherwise I would have had to separate our family for unnecessary extra time) and so he was well apprised of our situation. So email away, just be very polite and be aware that it seems that AB will never give out any information beyond the official line!

Guest BazzRose

For those that have/had JF have you heard anything more?

I emailed about 10 days ago and have had no reply at all. Just wanting to find out if he really has left, and if so who my new CO is.

Guest Chesterbelle
It never hurts to email them! It reminds your CO that you are alive, interested in the process, and what your case is. I emailed AB about 4 times because I am in Australia on a tourist visa and wanted to make sure my visa was not granted before the 18 (otherwise I would have had to separate our family for unnecessary extra time) and so he was well apprised of our situation. So email away, just be very polite and be aware that it seems that AB will never give out any information beyond the official line!

I agree. I have emailed my CO (WP) a few times, initially just checking receipt of documents but more recently discussin the fact that I will be needing a new passport in my married name just before I leave for Oz (just to make life a little easier!). She always replies very promptly but like some of the other CO's discussed on here is very by the book. She has quoted the 5-6 month standard (to the very date she received my application) on every email to me without fail even though I know from here that she can/has/does approve much quicker.

To be fair, I wouldn't want my CO to be anything other than by the book - its reassuring to know they're all singing from the sam ehymn sheet. I, like most of you guys I imagine, am just waiting for a nice suprise when I check my emails (which I do about 4 times per day even though I am about 6 weeks away from being anywhere near due for approval :wink:)

For those that have/had JF have you heard anything more?

I emailed about 10 days ago and have had no reply at all. Just wanting to find out if he really has left, and if so who my new CO is.

We had JF. He really has gone but other people are definitely dealing with the applications. I posted about this a couple of weeks back but I have also sent you a PM with some information that might help you. :-)

Guest BazzRose

At the 3 month mark today since I had confirmation of the visa being lodged and CO appointed. Damn I wish it would just hurry up. Been apart from my fiancé now since March and it's killing me.

Woohoo, visa approved on Tuesday!! We submitted the application on 15/05 and were allocated case worker AB. My OH gave him a buzz to chase it up and he processed it while they were on the phone - hooray!! So four months exactly. One thing down, a million things left to do!

At the 3 month mark today since I had confirmation of the visa being lodged and CO appointed. Damn I wish it would just hurry up. Been apart from my fiancé now since March and it's killing me.

I hope it comes through soon. My husband leaves this coming Tuesday for Oz and we will apply in December for our visa. Means the kids and I won't see him until at least 6 months probably closer to 9 months.

Woohoo, visa approved on Tuesday!! We submitted the application on 15/05 and were allocated case worker AB. My OH gave him a buzz to chase it up and he processed it while they were on the phone - hooray!! So four months exactly. One thing down, a million things left to do!

Congratulations! Must be great to know you've got it and start planning for the move. All the best in Oz. :biggrin:

I hope it comes through soon. My husband leaves this coming Tuesday for Oz and we will apply in December for our visa. Means the kids and I won't see him until at least 6 months probably closer to 9 months.

Is no funny being apart... haven't seen my partner for almost a year. Will be so glad to hear the words.. visa approved!

Guest COOKIE50

Good luck on the big move, we are heading off to OZ in Jan 12. :biggrin:

Hi, we first first applyed for our TRA's in June 2011 and had our meds on the 25th of August 2011 and we got our good news that the visa was granted on the 29th of August 2011. We went through a solicitor wich we found was agreat help to us as she did everything. We are a unmarried couple that have been together for 10 years.

Guest COOKIE50
Hi, we first first applyed for our TRA's in June 2011 and had our meds on the 25th of August 2011 and we got our good news that the visa was granted on the 29th of August 2011. We went through a solicitor wich we found was agreat help to us as she did everything. We are a unmarried couple that have been together for 10 years.

well done you 2 months. Good luck down under. When are you going. :eek:

Nice one! He seems to be the 4 month man. Good luck everyone else waiting.

Visa approved 15th of september. Three and a half months. Partner(Migrant) subclass 100. No 2 year temporary needed. I was going to wait until 4 months had passed before contacting CO but my missus said why wait. So glad I did as its an amazing feeling to finally have it confirmed. In Oz for chrissie.

Guest COOKIE50
Visa approved 15th of september. Three and a half months. Partner(Migrant) subclass 100. No 2 year temporary needed. I was going to wait until 4 months had passed before contacting CO but my missus said why wait. So glad I did as its an amazing feeling to finally have it confirmed. In Oz for chrissie.

GOOD LUCK, pts :biggrin:

Wow, congrats..

3.5 months eh... Fingers crossed it works out that well for myself and Mrs Boss.

I wish you the best of luck with the move and your future out there.

Brilliant news! Seems like things are speeding up a bit now. :biggrin:

My visa was pretty straight forward.In a de facto relationship for 17 years,so as long as my medical and criminal records were fine I was confident. I say if all your application is in and they don't require any more info then after 3 months has passed its worth asking for an update. By the way my CO has initials DP

Damn, was about to ask who your CO was in the hope it'd be the same as ours!!

Still 3.5 months is amazing!!!!

I'm just hoping all the spouse visas are processed quickly from now on - OH flies on 8/11 and all we want is the visa before then so he doesn't have to do the Tasman dash!

Damn, was about to ask who your CO was in the hope it'd be the same as ours!!

Still 3.5 months is amazing!!!!

I'm just hoping all the spouse visas are processed quickly from now on - OH flies on 8/11 and all we want is the visa before then so he doesn't have to do the Tasman dash!

Do you know of any grants by our case officer?

If you do have to the Tasman dash enjoy it. NZ is a beautiful country.