SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest bu22inb

Congratulations everbody who had their visa granted this week !!

I am hoping somebody can help me as Im a little confused.......I am aware that its possible for us to enter Australia on a 3month holiday visa during the process of our visa, i am also aware that we will have to depart Australia for a few days for when the visa is granted(quick flight to NZ) However .... (i will be flying in to Oz with a oneway flight) do we have to have an onward flight booked (to NZ) before entering Oz....... as we will be intially entering on a tourist visa ???

Thankyou.

Visa submitted-23rd june

confirmation from CO-(SV) and medicals requested-27th june

medical completed-2nd Aug

the wait continues............. flying into Oz end of Nov..... hopefully not on a tourist visa !!!!!!!

Just thought i would pop in and say a big thank you to CO. SV who was dealing with our CO's work while they were on holiday. My mother passed away on a Wed a month ago now.:cry: I spoke to SV on a Thursday, scanned over a copy of the Coroners report on Mon and the partners visa was granted on compationate grounds that afternoon. Altho hubby to be still needed to stick around for a few weeks to sort out flights and selling the last of his stuff not worth shipping to Oz i am truly grateful for all their help in allowing him to return to Australia asap to be with me during this tough time. They have been truly understanding and helpful in any way possible and for that i am grateful.

Shows even tho they have to do everything by the book, they do have a heart in certain circumstances.

To anyone whos visa has been delayed due to his visa being fast tracked . Im sorry, and hopefully you will be in Australia soon

Guest Carly87

I am hoping somebody can help me as Im a little confused.......I am aware that its possible for us to enter Australia on a 3month holiday visa during the process of our visa, i am also aware that we will have to depart Australia for a few days for when the visa is granted(quick flight to NZ) However .... (i will be flying in to Oz with a oneway flight) do we have to have an onward flight booked (to NZ) before entering Oz....... as we will be intially entering on a tourist visa ???

Thankyou.

Visa submitted-23rd june

the wait continues............. flying into Oz end of Nov..... hopefully not on a tourist visa !!!!!!!

I am also flying on a one way flight to oz, and wondered about if i would get stopped to be asked why at the airport!! But ive asked my CO and its all above board so shouldnt have any problems..and plus there is no way i could book a flight to NZ until i had a date from CO anyway!

Thankyou.

Visa submitted-23rd june

I'm hoping you've got the visa by then (you've submitted same time as my hubby!), but if not it might be worth booking a changeable flight to NZ as evidence of your intention to leave the country :)

Then you can actually use it and not waste it!

We booked a return flight for hubby just to be sure he'd get through immigration if he's still on his ETA - fingers crossed we've wasted the money!

Guest Carly87

My CO said there will be no probs at immigration with having a one way flight, as having a perm visa application open is incentive to leave australia!

Wooo hoo - we are very nearly ready to join this thread properly! About 3 months overdue we're finally back on track to get our application sent off this weekend, am just hoping my solicitor friend is around for some last minute document certification.

Blimey, getting that little lot together took a lot longer than I expected - and I thought I had it all planned out. So many little things have been holding us up - people taking weeks to get stat decs back to us (albeit from Oz), DIAC updating the forms after we'd filled them all out, OH having to head home for a couple of weeks due to a family emergency, the mysterious disappearing and then reappearing birth certificates, trying to sneak in all the photocopying out of sight of the boss. It all adds up....

But, fingers crossed I'll be able to get our timeline on here in the next few days.

Will keep you all posted - wish us luck:wink:

I have JF too - had an email confirming receipt of application on 15th June, so about a week ahead of you. Last email I received from him saying he needed no more information and that granting date would be around Mid October.

I was told from my agent to expect confirmation around mid november but all signs are pointing to it being a bit earlier.

I will be watching out when you get yours, mine cant be far behind.

Lol!! thanks :biggrin:

Btw love the pic of your dog!

Cheers!

Yah, she's our viscous attack labrador (no, not a typo, definitely viscous)

- guaranteed to nudge anyone who might possibly have food and calmly allow small children to put hats on her and hang toys from her collar and generally do anything at all without batting an eyelid :eek:

Cheers!

- guaranteed to nudge anyone who might possibly have food and calmly allow small children to put hats on her and hang toys from her collar and generally do anything at all without batting an eyelid :eek:

How are you getting on with all the info for your dog? we sent off for his import permit yesterday,, and vet is all prepared for him, I'm finding sorting him out more.stressful

Cheers!

She looks gorgeous! :biggrin: I can't wait to move over because I want to get a dog, they are good company and I believe a good snake deterrent! so win win!! lol

How are you getting on with all the info for your dog? we sent off for his import permit yesterday,, and vet is all prepared for him, I'm finding sorting him out more.stressful

Hate to break the bad news, but I think it was just as bad sorting out Satch as assembling the evidence for hubbies spouse visa!

We're going via a pet-travel agent (jets4pets) and they're sorting it all. Best advice i have is to get as many quotes as you can and challenge anything you're not sure about - but most of all, go with your gut. Fingers crossed Satch passes her blood tests or I'll be absolutely gutted :(

She's a rescue dog - trying to figure out how to attach another photo from today but failing miserably :)

Hate to break the bad news, but I think it was just as bad sorting out Satch as assembling the evidence for hubbies spouse visa!

We're going via a pet-travel agent (jets4pets) and they're sorting it all. Best advice i have is to get as many quotes as you can and challenge anything you're not sure about - but most of all, go with your gut. Fingers crossed Satch passes her blood tests or I'll be absolutely gutted :(

She's a rescue dog - trying to figure out how to attach another photo from today but failing miserably :)

I know they could make it easier, we have gone with airsupply and decided to do most of the work ourselves, have ypu say our vet is great he has basically told me.when I get the paperwork to take it all on as early as possible with the date for the.flight.and he will sort out all dates for everything. So fingers crossed everything works out

Guest Tillyloola
My CO said there will be no probs at immigration with having a one way flight, as having a perm visa application open is incentive to leave australia!

I would actually be a bit wary of advice like this from your CO. They do not have any authority (other than granting visa's) to say who can or can't enter the country. That is completely up to the boarder security when you get off your flight. They could refuse you entry if you go over on a one way flight. If you think about it, what your CO has said about having a visa application open makes no sense. What if your visa was refused, where would the incentive to leave the country be then? Also, what would happen if for some reason your visa took a long time to process (some unfortunately do) and you had to leave the country before it was granted? Immigration would want to see that you would be able to do this.I know that many people have been refused entry to Australia on tourist visas when they only have a one way ticket (admittedly they were from mostly HR countries). I know from my own experience when I came over on tourist visa, I was grilled about what my intentions where and when I would be leaving. I had a return ticket as I had to go back to the UK anyway and I still believe that is the only reason that they let me in. It could be handy to get a return ticket and just change the dates once your over in Australia. If you are planning to visit the UK within a year of leaving, this would actually save you a packet as flights from Australia to the UK are about a £1000 dearer when bought here rather that in England.

Holy poopballs Adelaide, I can't believe that your visa has only just been granted you poor sod. Bet you're so relived.

Just wanted pass on some advice to people coming over soon. With your 40 kg baggage allowance make sure that it is spot on as they allow you no leeway whatsoever with over weight baggage because they are already giving you a massive allowance. I have never had a trip to Australia where my luggage wasn't slightly over and I have never had to pay any excess before, this time I was stung pretty badly. So just be careful :smile:

Just in the process of looking for somewhere to live now and I can't make up my mind between living in Brisbane or out on the Sunshine Coast, although looking at the rental properties available it looks like my mind may be made up by where I can get a house with a pool (i.e. not Brisbane), if the winter heat here at the moment is anything to go by then the summer is going to be a scorcher and I'm going to need a pool to make sure that I don't melt.:biggrin:

Holy poopballs Adelaide, I can't believe that your visa has only just been granted you poor sod. Bet you're so relived.

Just wanted pass on some advice to people coming over soon. With your 40 kg baggage allowance make sure that it is spot on as they allow you no leeway whatsoever with over weight baggage because they are already giving you a massive allowance. I have never had a trip to Australia where my luggage wasn't slightly over and I have never had to pay any excess before, this time I was stung pretty badly. So just be careful :smile:

Just in the process of looking for somewhere to live now and I can't make up my mind between living in Brisbane or out on the Sunshine Coast, although looking at the rental properties available it looks like my mind may be made up by where I can get a house with a pool (i.e. not Brisbane), if the winter heat here at the moment is anything to go by then the summer is going to be a scorcher and I'm going to need a pool to make sure that I don't melt.:biggrin:

I know!!! Tell me about it! I was starting to lose the plot towards the end lol but it all ended well in the end :jiggy:

Who did you fly with? We've booked ours with Singapore Airlines and my OH is trying to get us extra baggage allowance, it will prob only be for me as she is just flying back home so no visa needed, but it will all help.

Good luck in the house hunt! :biggrin:

Cat x

Guest Tillyloola
I know!!! Tell me about it! I was starting to lose the plot towards the end lol but it all ended well in the end :jiggy:

Who did you fly with? We've booked ours with Singapore Airlines and my OH is trying to get us extra baggage allowance, it will prob only be for me as she is just flying back home so no visa needed, but it will all help.

Good luck in the house hunt! :biggrin:

Cat x

Singapore for me as well. I asked them a million times (well twice) to make sure that it was on my booking that I had the extra weight allowance so there wasn't any problems at the airport. Wouldn't you know it wasn't on there and I had to get a proper sour cow who looked at me like I was a complete moron when I said that I had the 40 kg because of the unvalidated visa. In the end she finally agreed to ask someone from the airline but saying that she would ask but didn't think that it mattered. When the woman from Singapore came over she just looked at my passport and told her that it was fine. The moral of this story is (I think) that you can just turn up at the airport and they will give you the 40 kg as long as you can prove the unvalidated visa (guy from customer relations confirmed this as well, I was just overly cautious). Unfortunately, it means that it will probably only be you that gets the extra 20 kg allowance but I guess thats better than nothing.

When you looking to head over?

Singapore for me as well. I asked them a million times (well twice) to make sure that it was on my booking that I had the extra weight allowance so there wasn't any problems at the airport. Wouldn't you know it wasn't on there and I had to get a proper sour cow who looked at me like I was a complete moron when I said that I had the 40 kg because of the unvalidated visa. In the end she finally agreed to ask someone from the airline but saying that she would ask but didn't think that it mattered. When the woman from Singapore came over she just looked at my passport and told her that it was fine. The moral of this story is (I think) that you can just turn up at the airport and they will give you the 40 kg as long as you can prove the unvalidated visa (guy from customer relations confirmed this as well, I was just overly cautious). Unfortunately, it means that it will probably only be you that gets the extra 20 kg allowance but I guess thats better than nothing.

Flights booked for 6th January 2012, promised my parents one last Christmas before we go, looking forward to starting a new life in oz! :jiggy:

Guest bu22inb

MMMMmm how gutting would it be if we got rejected at boarder secruity for only having a way one flight !! after all that we have been through with the apps ! So you think its best to book a return just incase ??? How about booking a oneway from England and then just book a cheap flight out of Sydney to Nz - just to show we have onward travel..... you think that would be ok ???

Im booking my flights this week, and im bafffled...:confused: arghhhh dont know what to do !! Weve found the perfect flight with singapore airlines..... oneway for 560 and i just want to book it before the fare goes up...... its nearly double for a return :( How do you go about getting the extra luggage allowance, just give them a call ??

Thankyou.... hoping to get the visa granted by mid November...... Submitted mid June.............

Hiya,

I flew with Emirates from Glasgow (they give 30kg's whether you're a tourist or are emigrating). There were 3 of us travelling so we had 90kg in total and I was over by 7kg but the girl didn't even mention paying excess. I think it's your luck on the day as to who you get at check-in (and possibly some airlines are more strict) I chatted to the girl and told her I was emigrating with a small child etc, maybe that's what did it, I don't know and don't care. I'm here now!!! :biggrin: I wouldn't advise you to deliberately go over your allowance just in case. The only reason I was over was thanks to my mother's dodgy scales!!

Guest Tillyloola
Flights booked for 6th January 2012, promised my parents one last Christmas before we go, looking forward to starting a new life in oz! :jiggy:

My OH wanted to go before last Christmas but I made him wait for just one more so I get that. I'm going back late November and the whole of the family is getting together to have an early Christmas for me.

MMMMmm how gutting would it be if we got rejected at boarder security for only having a way one flight !! after all that we have been through with the apps ! So you think its best to book a return just incase ??? How about booking a oneway from England and then just book a cheap flight out of Sydney to Nz - just to show we have onward travel..... you think that would be ok ???

Im booking my flights this week, and im bafffled...:confused: arghhhh dont know what to do !! Weve found the perfect flight with singapore airlines..... oneway for 560 and i just want to book it before the fare goes up...... its nearly double for a return :( How do you go about getting the extra luggage allowance, just give them a call ??

Thankyou.... hoping to get the visa granted by mid November...... Submitted mid June.............

That may actually be OK, I think that they just want to see onward travel and that you have intent to leave the country. Although you would have to have a flight booked to leave NZ or you might have the same problem there. It's such an annoyance but the good thing is that most major airlines let you change dates without penalties (changed dates twice with Singapore with not so much of a murmur of paying extra, last time after actually being checked in). I just called about the luggage allowance and they just told me to turn up on the day with proof of visa and it would all be OK. I asked them to put it on my booking but they didn't and I still got it so it must be OK to do that.

Hiya,

I flew with Emirates from Glasgow (they give 30kg's whether you're a tourist or are emigrating). There were 3 of us travelling so we had 90kg in total and I was over by 7kg but the girl didn't even mention paying excess. I think it's your luck on the day as to who you get at check-in (and possibly some airlines are more strict) I chatted to the girl and told her I was emigrating with a small child etc, maybe that's what did it, I don't know and don't care. I'm here now!!! :biggrin: I wouldn't advise you to deliberately go over your allowance just in case. The only reason I was over was thanks to my mother's dodgy scales!!

From what I understand Emirates also give the 40 kg allowance with an unvalidated visa so you may have actually got that and not realised that they had given it to you. I was 8 kg over (mainly because my super spanky scales had been packed up and left with the rest of my stuff a week before). I almost had a heart attack because Singapore charges 60 yes thats right 60 Pounds per kg over weight. If they had made me pay for it all I would have been better of cancelling my flight, getting my refund and booking for the next day after off loading stuff I didn't 100% need into to my shipping as it hadn't left the wearhouse at the time. I pleaded with the woman from the airline and told her that I only had limited funds on me as I had transferred most of my cash to Australia and I didn't have my bank cards yet. She took pity on me but still made me pay for 2 kg's as she said that they cannot be as flexible as they usually are about excess because they give the extra 20 kg as a bonus and that everyone gets charged if their over this.