SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I am just about to start this process so reading all your posts has been great. Re Police checks - Are these English ones or Australian ones? I'm guessing with the medicals you just pay your Dr for them? I am married to an Australian so not sure which visa I'm applying for (but will find out!). I have a son from a previous relationship - not sure which visa he'd need and my daughter is just about to get an Australian passport so I am guessing she doesn't need a visa?

I might put this as a separate post so as not to mess up the thread!

Police checks are UK ones, however you will also need one for each place you've lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.

The medicals have to be done by an approved provider. Ordinarily they are at private hospitals. We had ours done in Edinburgh, it was just under £300 (thats per person).

Your son can be included on your application if you are applying for a 309/100 visa.

Good luck with it all. :yes:

Guest AussieMarriedPomPlusTwo

Ooh the personal touch - How nice! :cute:

What I can't seem to find out is how long it's valid for after it's granted. I've just read the entire 'help' booklet and this -

If you are outside Australia when you are granted a partner category visa, you will be

required to make your first entry to Australia by a certain date. You will be told your

initial entry date in the letter you receive from the department advising you of the grant

of your visa. The purpose of this initial entry date is to ensure that persons migrate to

Australia within a reasonable period of being granted a visa so that the planning levels

for settler services for newly arrived migrants are sufficient. The date is usually tied to

the earliest date of the validity periods of any health and character checks you had as

part of the process of applying for a partner category visa.

- Is all I found and is as much use to me as a chocolate teapot. Can anyone help?

Hey guys,

I finally received my visa today, a partner 100 visa. Congratulations to everyone else who have also got their visa, seems like a fair few were processed in one day!

We're planning to book flights in the next few days for mid September, moving to either eltham area in Melbourne, or Canberra depending on where my work takes me!

Visa sent: 29th March

Email rec'd from AB: 4th April

Sent further requested evidence: 13th April

Email rec'd requesting medical: 14th April

Undertook medical in London: 27th April

Sent marriage certificate: 30th May

Email sent asking for update and response rec'd: 30th June still saying 5-6 months

Received my visa: 1st August

Only 1 month left in the UK, and keep changing between excitement and a scared nervousness!

Tina

Hi!!!! I may of missed something here ...in fact I'm sure I have but I can't read all the pages lol ....question is ...Does front loaded (as stated in post 1) with police checks and medical mean that when you first send your application forms you include police check, medical, ALL information so you don't wait for the request for it? Obiously if I can get a medical booked and police checks done before then I will and send it all straight away, if thats possible?

Im currently in Aus now so can my Mum book my medical for me and get the police forms sent to me here to fill out and send back? Ready to go the day I touch down in the Uk.

Also I saw someone said that you have to get a police check from any country you have lived in for over 12 months. Ive been in aus for 12 months and I do have a police check and blue card from working with a charity. So how do I get the police check forms to send aswel?

ANY help or advice would be so good for us! Were starting early lol!

Thanks!!!!!!! x

Guest Tillyloola
You're not alone. I get palpatations thinking there's no going back now...............:unsure:

Booked flights today, leaving 17/8. Flying with Emirates as they have a flight from Glasgow to Dubai then Dubai to Melbourne, no stop en route. I wanted the most straightforward journey as possible seeing as I'll have a screaming 2 year old in tow. Cost £1400 for 2 one way tickets.........eeeeeekkkkkk, no money left to shop!!!

Good luck with the packing. Our shipment left Ireland on 12/6 and it's only at Shanghai now. I was planning on waiting until the container arrived but at this rate it'll be Xmas. The wee one'll have to play with empty toilet roll holders for a while!!

Best of luck with the move, think positive and it'll all work out.

Thats the thing isn't it, there is no going back. I don't blame you for wanting to go the directest rouit with a little one, I made the mistake of flying from London when I went over on my WHV years ago...big mistake..

Shipping, don't talk to me about shipping, I have most of my boxes packed yet I am surrounded my chaos. Luckily, I don't have anything that I need straight away. 1/2 of the boxes are just sentimental stuff out of my mums house and a massive amount of my crap she saved over the years, I just cannot bare to part with them.

All the best with your move too :smile:

£650 is fab, especially for singapore airlines. I'm a big fan of them!

We've been quoted £2101 to fly on 31 Oct (2 adults and a toddler). Thats with Emirates... and another agent has quoted £2115 for the same dates but with an airport hotel for 1 night in singapore and flying singapore air. We'll probably go with singapore air so that we can recharge our batteries and have a shower etc.

I'm sure everything will be fine when you get there. Where abouts are you heading?

Thats not too bad, I would have chose the airport hotel as well, in fact I wonder if I could do that now. I was thinking about doing that on the way over anyway and then completely forgot, damn stupid forgetting everything brain!

We are heading off (at this point) to the Sunshine Coast, when I get board (and I feel this is going to be inevitable due to my lifestyle, although I would like it to change my mind so I'm open to change), we will most probably end up in Sydney

Tillyloola, did you ask them about extra luggage allowance? We explained we were migrating to Australia and they gave us an extra 15kg for hubbie who will be travelling on the visa (once issued!) and an extra 5 kg for all travelling with him. They also increased our hand luggage by 2 kg each. Worth calling customer service to ask.

We're not coping with the stress either and are travelling Singapore after you, so have much more time for dumping each other:biggrin:

First off all congratulations on the visa :wink:

We were finished, broken up from Sunday night until this morning, as I chucked a tantrum that even a 2 year old would have told me to turn down a notch. I wasn't going, I couldn't believe how unbelievably selfish that he was being to drag me away from a life that I love and all my friends and family and send me a to a country that even God needs GPS to find, and the obligatory "You illegitimate son of unmarried parents, I've had to give my kitty cat away for you...I hate you so much**stamps feet (can't forget the stamping of the feet)" and "Sod you and sod Australia I'm getting my cat back!!!". Yup its been the land of unicorns farting rainbows round here.

I actually figured out what was causing me so much discomfort and it was getting rid of the house. I did't like the idea of not having a back up plan to come back if I get unhappy, so now were keeping it to rent out and I actually feel calm and happy to go. I'm coming back at the end of November to see my best friends child so I can sort all the bits and peaces out then and get it on the rental market, it also gives me a week here in december so I can share a little of the holiday season with my friends. I have a sort of holiday home here for now, so that will do for me.

Sold my car today as well which is obvs Yaaaay but also a little booow, I have a busy week having to hoof it every where, looks like I'l have to get a hire car.

Also the extra weight allowence, I got 40 kg all up, I'm not sure it that includes hand luggage or if I could get more on that. Might have to call. My hand luggage case is 0.5 cm over the dimensions that they accept but the rest of the dimensions are under, is this going to be an issue do you think?

Sorry, just realised. I can't half waffle

Police checks are UK ones, however you will also need one for each place you've lived for more than 12 months in the last 10 years.

The medicals have to be done by an approved provider. Ordinarily they are at private hospitals. We had ours done in Edinburgh, it was just under £300 (thats per person).

Your son can be included on your application if you are applying for a 309/100 visa.

Good luck with it all. :yes:

Hey I just posted this and I refer to your post about the police checks in other countries ....any help you could give me would be so great! :biggrin:

Hi!!!! I may of missed something here ...in fact I'm sure I have but I can't read all the pages lol ....question is ...Does front loaded (as stated in post 1) with police checks and medical mean that when you first send your application forms you include police check, medical, ALL information so you don't wait for the request for it? Obiously if I can get a medical booked and police checks done before then I will and send it all straight away, if thats possible?

Im currently in Aus now so can my Mum book my medical for me and get the police forms sent to me here to fill out and send back? Ready to go the day I touch down in the Uk.

Also I saw someone said that you have to get a police check from any country you have lived in for over 12 months. Ive been in aus for 12 months and I do have a police check and blue card from working with a charity. So how do I get the police check forms to send aswel?

Thanks!!!!!!! x

Guest Eragwyn

We got the email yesterday and my partners visa has finally been approved!!!

Grand total of 3 months and 28 days processing time :biggrin:

Our CO has been fantastic, and processed it not a moment too soon, as we fly out this Saturday night!!!

We are so happy and can't wait to get on that plane!! There has been some pre-move jitters which is to be expected as he is leaving his entire family behind, but baby is due in 8 weeks, so we have much to look forward to.

Many thanks to everyone who gave us encouragement and support, and we hope that everyone gets those magical emails/letters soon!

PS: Anyone aware of any extra luggage allowance for migrating people with Qantas/BA??

Guest Eragwyn

Here is some information that was provided to us by our case officer. In regards to the Aussie police clearance, you are required to get a specific AFP clearance which is used for migration purposes only, so yup, you need to pay for another one, but that was only about £25 which you have to send via personal Aust cheque or a UK bank cheque which will cost you another £25 to get one drawn. The medical and x-rays cost us approximately £450, which we got done up in London.

All medical examinations and x-rays must be completed by panel doctors and radiologists designated by the Australian Government.

· Form 26 – Medical Examination

· Form 160 – Radiological Examination

· Instructions on completing these forms

can be downloaded from our website at http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au.

Current contact details for panel doctors and radiologists in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland are also listed on the website.

All applicants must present their passport to the panel doctor when undertaking medicals. A passport is the only acceptable means of identification for the panel doctor. If you do not provide your passport to the panel doctor your medicals(s) will be invalid and you will be requested to undertake them again.

Panel doctors are not authorised to return your medicals directly to you. The Australian government requires that all medicals for applications being processed in London are sent by the panel doctor directly to the Migration Branch in London. Your medical results will be logged and matched with your application.

Persons who require a UK police clearance should apply for a ‘Police certificate’ issued by ACPO (The Association of ChiefPolice Officers). The Police Certificates will cover applicants who have lived or currently reside in England, Wales, Scotland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man. There is also the capacity for police certificates to be issued for Northern Ireland.

Apply – Application forms and guidance on how to apply for the police certificates for residents and non-residents can be located online at http://www.acpo.police.uk

Persons who require an Australian police clearance should refer to the Australian Federal Police (AFP) website in order to obtain a National Police Check application form. This form can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.afp.gov.au/~/media/afp/pdf/n/national-police-check-application-form.ashx

It is essential that you enclose the correct payment when lodging this application form with the Australian Federal Police. For further information, please see the following website:

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

Hope that this helps :)

Guest Eragwyn
Hey I just posted this and I refer to your post about the police checks in other countries ....any help you could give me would be so great! :biggrin:

See above post for information

Our CO has been fantastic, and processed it not a moment too soon, as we fly out this Saturday night!!!

We are so happy and can't wait to get on that plane!! There has been some pre-move jitters which is to be expected as he is leaving his entire family behind, but baby is due in 8 weeks, so we have much to look forward to.

Many thanks to everyone who gave us encouragement and support, and we hope that everyone gets those magical emails/letters soon!

PS: Anyone aware of any extra luggage allowance for migrating people with Qantas/BA??

Wow! that's the fastest I've seen for a while, not even 4 months! Many congratulations and good luck with the big move!

From what I've found whilst researching Qantas are pretty stingey on extra baggage. But if you're flying with BA (and it must be BA, not a Qantas codeshare) then you can purchase an additional bag allowance for a small fee, which is pretty good. http://www.britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb

Thanks!!!!!!! x

As Eragwyn said you need to get one purely for the visa. I don't think front loading really makes any difference in time frames though. You'll have to apply to ACPOS for your UK check. Good luck! :biggrin:

Yipppppppppeeeeeee!! Got my visa granted today!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So happy, i gave my CO a call and he said it was ready and would grant it! Yet to tell my other half in OZ he seems to be in a deep sleep and not answering his phone right now!!

POI has been great and Good Luck to everyone still waiting :biggrin:

Congrats enaish on getting your visa i bet your so happy and relieved.

Just looked at my emails and nothing,so i have emailed ab to see where our visa is up to.4 months and two weeks tommorrow so lets hope its good news hey.:confused::confused:good luck on your new life in aus:biggrin:

Hi paint potty, did AB get back to you?

PS: Anyone aware of any extra luggage allowance for Qantas/BA??

Many congratulations and here's to hoping it was worth the wait

Yipppppppppeeeeeee!! Got my visa granted today!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

So happy, i gave my CO a call and he said it was ready and would grant it! Yet to tell my other half in OZ he seems to be in a deep sleep and not answering his phone right now!!

POI has been great and Good Luck to everyone still waiting :biggrin:

Fantastic news Tink85. It's all worth it and life can get back to some sort of normality.