SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Tillyloola

OMG PR VISA GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just called to get an update and I was told that it was granted last Thursday. It looks like my e-mail was typed in wrong so he re sent it to my correct one.:biggrin: Granted just under four months. So so happy, phoned the husband and got him out of bed but this is one time that he didn't moan at me for ringing him at stupid o clock.

I really, really want to thank every one for their advice and support, it has been very much appreciated. I'll still be popping in and out of the forum, so if anyone needs any advice just let me know.

Looks like I'll be leaving blighty on 26th July, sooooo much to do.

Good luck everyone and I hope you all get speedy grants.:spinny:

So happy for you! My application was received a few weeks after yours, so fingers crossed my visa grant isn't too far away. Although I have WP as a case officer and I don't know if she is as fast as yours was :-(

Congratulations and good luck with your move!!

I just called to get an update and I was told that it was granted last Thursday. It looks like my e-mail was typed in wrong so he re sent it to my correct one.:biggrin: Granted just under four months. So so happy, phoned the husband and got him out of bed but this is one time that he didn't moan at me for ringing him at stupid o clock.

I really, really want to thank every one for their advice and support, it has been very much appreciated. I'll still be popping in and out of the forum, so if anyone needs any advice just let me know.

Congratulations Tillyloola!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If thats yourself and Sinead granted, I musnt be far behind!!

Who was your CO?? :unsure:

Guest Tillyloola

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling quite giddy. I've had to turn down a few offers to go out and celebrate because I still have this crappy cold. Oh well I guess the weekend is going to be a messy one.:biggrin:

Congratulations Tillyloola!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If thats yourself and Sinead granted, I musnt be far behind!!

Who was your CO?? :unsure:

Sinead and I had the same CO (DP). He is so fantastically lovely and seems to be the one who grants as quickly as possible. It seems to be the luck of the draw with CO's and I was just incredibly lucky to get the best (makes a change, I'm normally the type of person to bend down to pick up a penny and rip my trousers while doing it).

I am sure that you wont be too far behind. If I were a betting woman, I say you will have yours within the week.:wink:

Awesome news!!!! :hug:

We submitted ours the same day as you but I bet our CO makes us wait another month for our answer :arghh:

Hope you feel better soon to start the celebrations :jiggy:

Congrats...........have a drink for me this weekend. Well done and all the best for the future. :biggrin:

XXX

Guest LoznWill

Oh wow wow wow... I am so happy for you!!! That is sooooooo exciting...aaaeee!!! I have now started checking my OH's email at least 3 x day - I had disciplined myself down to once every second day!!! Ooooh, fingers crossed the short turn-arounds continue!! All the best and do update us on how you are going!! Congratulations!!! :jiggy::twitcy::v_SPIN::biggrin:

Guest bertieb
Thanks everyone, I'm feeling quite giddy. I've had to turn down a few offers to go out and celebrate because I still have this crappy cold. Oh well I guess the weekend is going to be a messy one.:biggrin:

Sinead and I had the same CO (DP). He is so fantastically lovely and seems to be the one who grants as quickly as possible. It seems to be the luck of the draw with CO's and I was just incredibly lucky to get the best (makes a change, I'm normally the type of person to bend down to pick up a penny and rip my trousers while doing it).

I am sure that you wont be too far behind. If I were a betting woman, I say you will have yours within the week.:wink:

yay I'm so happy for you! yes thank GOD for DP!!!

Good luck with everything!!! x

:jiggy:

Congrats Tillyloola!! My heart was thumping as I read that, c'mon DP grant my OH a visa too!

xo

Guest Tillyloola

Thanks everyone. :smile:

I've arranged for the shipping to be picked up on the 25th. While I was on the phone arranging, it all suddenly became very real.

The only issue that I have is how expensive the flights are the week I want to go, if I wait an extra two weeks then I have the potential to save £600 (yup thats how expensive they are). I'm going to have to wait until Friday to book as I may not be able to go when I planned anyway. It would appear that my big sister doesn't want me to go so badly that she's developed a cranial aneurism in order to thwart my plans. I've absolute no doubt that she'll be fine but I'd rather wait for the results of her scan on Friday to know what my plan of action is.

To all the others waiting with a different CO to me. The one thing that I have learnt in months and months of scouring the internet for clues on timelines is that when you see someone with a similar timeline to yourself get granted, no matter who your CO is you will not be far behind. :smile:

I've arranged for the shipping to be picked up on the 25th. While I was on the phone arranging, it all suddenly became very real.

The only issue that I have is how expensive the flights are the week I want to go, if I wait an extra two weeks then I have the potential to save £600 (yup thats how expensive they are). I'm going to have to wait until Friday to book as I may not be able to go when I planned anyway. It would appear that my big sister doesn't want me to go so badly that she's developed a cranial aneurism in order to thwart my plans. I've absolute no doubt that she'll be fine but I'd rather wait for the results of her scan on Friday to know what my plan of action is.

To all the others waiting with a different CO to me. The one thing that I have learnt in months and months of scouring the internet for clues on timelines is that when you see someone with a similar timeline to yourself get granted, no matter who your CO is you will not be far behind. :smile:

What a shame, hope your sister is ok. :wideeyed:

As for £600 extra for flights, if your anywhere near as tight as me, you'd wait a whole extra month to avoid the extra expense!!!!!!!!!!! :twitcy:

Guest sinead

WOOP WOOP!!!!!!!!!!! exactly a day after me and you applied a day after me!! DP is defo the best!!!! soooo happy for you!!!

What a shame, hope your sister is ok. :wideeyed:

As for £600 extra for flights, if your anywhere near as tight as me, you'd wait a whole extra month to avoid the extra expense!!!!!!!!!!! :twitcy:

awwwwww i hope your siste ris OK to!! only seen this post after i quoted yours!! and Mrspotatoehead!! your hot on our heels!! i can feel it!!!! end of the wek i bet!!!

Guest LoznWill

Ahh Tillyloola, you are a light in the tunnel!! Would be awesome if they all start getting granted around the same time... My timeline is only a week out from yours i think... My OH is arriving on the 21st July on a tourist visa to attend my sisters wedding - what's the bet they process the visa the day after he lands!!?? lol lol!! I can just imagine we'll have one day together before he'll have to head to NZ while it processes... Murphy's law and all!!

So sorry to hear about your sister - really hope she is ok!! Def wait til Fri I'd say to ease your mind!! Fingers crossed all is ok!

Also, did you see on here that if you open an account or something with NAB through PomsinOz you can get cheaper one way tickets and up to 40kgs of luggage? I didn't really look into it - but might be worth it for you!?

Congrats again... how exciting!!

Guest Roary

Hi all

It is very annoying looking at all the variation in CO behaviour. I have AB who will not tell me anything other than5-6 months after grant and others are being told specific times. Has anyone gotten anything specific out of him?

We submitted 6 May.

Hi all

It is very annoying looking at all the variation in CO behaviour. I have AB who will not tell me anything other than5-6 months after grant and others are being told specific times. Has anyone gotten anything specific out of him?

We submitted 6 May.

Hi Roary,

We had AB and never got anything other than 5-6mths wait.. But ours was granted in 4 months and 4 days! Hope that eases your mind a little

Cheers

I'm getting fed up waiting now. We dont intend to leave for another few months, but I'm starting to get paranoid as everyone who applied around the same time as us seems to have been approved. :yes:

I wrote an email to our CO last week asking for an update and got no response. He's probably up to his eyeballs in work, but I hope he hasnt forgotten about us!! :eek:

Guest Tassy

Hey guys, has anyone had the CO SV and been approved in less than 5 months? It kind of feels like drawing the short straw after reading all these positive posts lol:unsure:

Guest ellynandpaul
I know im so impatient aswell but dont want to be annoying and email him all the time! I applied early march so hopefully hear something soon :) Keen to get back to Oz and the OH! :twitcy:

Paul emailed PS yesterday but still n response. It is over 4 months now so we are hoping it will be soon. We have had enough of living in England and miss Aus more than ever! So many lucky people being approved at 4 or 5 months!!Ours was a really simple application too so wish he'd hurry up!! :laugh:

Hey guys, has anyone had the CO SV and been approved in less than 5 months? It kind of feels like drawing the short straw after reading all these positive posts lol:unsure:

On reading this thread for the first time (before we applied), I have to say I was hoping we wouldnt get SV!!! :wink: However, I'm sure their just being thorough, so I wouldnt worry too much.

Our CO has given us an indication that we will be approved around the 5 month mark, which would put us at the beginning of august, but he doesnt give much away either! :smile:

I'm getting fed up waiting now. We dont intend to leave for another few months, but I'm starting to get paranoid as everyone who applied around the same time as us seems to have been approved. :yes:

I wrote an email to our CO last week asking for an update and got no response. He's probably up to his eyeballs in work, but I hope he hasnt forgotten about us!! :eek:

According to the Immigration Department's own charter they are supposed to reply in set times. See here for details of required response times. http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/client-service-charter1.pdf

I would call though as often a CO may be away and their emails may not be checked, or responded to (not sure which).

Good luck, it's a very stressful time.

Hi

Does anyone have JF as C/O? I'm thinking of giving him a call to see if any news. My stats are below

Thanks

EVF

Partner visa Posted 28/4/11 C/O Assigned 12/5/11 & advised that "no further requirements for [my] your application"

Guest keeanryanandbub

Hey people,

Thanks for info to my last post. I sent my partner visa application off on Monday (11th Jul),with some photos as I was advised. I didn't send medicals or police check.

I got a reply on Tuesday that the payment hadn't gone through (blush) but think I must have written something down wrong as I sent them same info again and I now have a case officer! Yey! Its AB, if anyone's interested.

CO has requested medical, police check and an answer to something I stupidly missed out on the application form.

So far so good- seems to be going through faster than expected. CO has advised it will take 5- 6 months, lets hope it isn't longer, as we were hoping to leave January time!

So exciting, everything is starting to become very 'real' to me now!

K

Been trying to get hold of our CO (LG) but it just always goes to her voice mail. Need to try and get an update, reached the 4 month stage 3 days ago and driving myself crazy checking my emails!!!

Anyone else had problems speaking to their CO?