SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest ANDREA WRIGHT

Hi,

I'd say that's normal to be aske further info. We were asked to provide more joint bills etc. Don't worry :)

Hi to you all. I have not posted here since our visa was granted last

year. We returned to Oz in late October 2010. The visa wait was a killer for

a number of reasons, including an expectation of shorter processing times

based on those of people submitting a few months prior to us, and our home

having been sold and business relocated to Oz ahead of the move. Doing all that before applying was not the best, but dropping property prices and falling £ had us running scared. In addition I had family pressures in Oz. We stayed with friends and did Holiday rentals until visa grant came through and then the worst blow of all, our lovely dog (we rescued from Greece 3 years prior) failed her medical. Ultimately we rehomed her with a dear friend in France, still not over that! But we have been at home for 9 months now and are living in a lovely home in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. There have been loads of adjustments for both of us (my OH had never been to Oz) but we are settling in and adapting well to being here. I would not be anywhere else now. It has not been easy, and looking back we could have taken the pressure off ourselves and enjoyed the journey more, but it is worth it in the end. For those of you waiting I really advise you to carry on with enjoying life while you wait as you will need all your physical and emotional strength for the actual move. Having said that I know I stressed every step of the way, so a big hug for you all and if I can help you I certainly will, Sharon.

Guest Tassy

Hi everyone! This is my first post but have been following this discussion forum for a while. Heres my story, I am the Oz citizen and my partner is the Brit, we was living together for 13 months here in Oz while she was on a tourist visa and unfortunately she received a no further stay condition on an extension visa she applied for so had to return home. We are a same sex couple and have been together now for 18 months in total but only lived together for the 13 months. She applied for our de facto visa offshore on the 23/5/2011 and we were assigned a CO with the initials SV on the 25th. Our CO has requested additional info twice as we are lacking in joint financial evidence. We have no joint bank accounts or anything in both of our names as she was unable to work while here on her tourist visa. We do have evidence of bank transfers and living at the same address for the entire 12 months though. Hope that will be enough! My OH has been requested to undertake her medical examination which is booked for the 14th of this month (Hope that is a good sign). This whole process is very stressful but all of your posts have been so helpful. Good luck to everyone:-)

Guest Tassy

Hi bu22inb, just thought I would add that we also had out personal info sent back within a week, including all photos and emails. Our CO stated that in future not to send in originals and we should have photocopied our pics. Also, does anyone know if being requested to undertake a medical is a sign that they are happy with all other info and that is one of the final stages? Wishful thinking maybe lol

having been sold and business relocated to Oz ahead of the move. Doing all that before applying was not the best, but dropping property prices and falling £ had us running scared. In addition I had family pressures in Oz. We stayed with friends and did Holiday rentals until visa grant came through and then the worst blow of all, our lovely dog (we rescued from Greece 3 years prior) failed her medical. Ultimately we rehomed her with a dear friend in France, still not over that! But we have been at home for 9 months now and are living in a lovely home in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. There have been loads of adjustments for both of us (my OH had never been to Oz) but we are settling in and adapting well to being here. I would not be anywhere else now. It has not been easy, and looking back we could have taken the pressure off ourselves and enjoyed the journey more, but it is worth it in the end. For those of you waiting I really advise you to carry on with enjoying life while you wait as you will need all your physical and emotional strength for the actual move. Having said that I know I stressed every step of the way, so a big hug for you all and if I can help you I certainly will, Sharon.

We are heading to the sunshine coast (originally from sydney). We'll be living with my sister for 6 months till we find our feet. Any tips/advice for the area?

Shoeover i am exactly the same time frame as you with exactly same CO - WP - She has asked for some further info from me and told me to do do meds/CRB - Medical booked for 19th July in Manchester, Police check sent today to be returned straight to CO.

Did she reuqest any further info form you? (I was so caught up on riving our 2 yr relationship I didnt send a nything from last 6 months :goofy:

Its nice to know somebody on the same timeframe as me! :biggrin:

She requested evidence of my Irish Citizenship and the Police and Medical checks. Kieran did the forms for the police check on yesterday and he will book his medicals this week.

Gday "" everybody ! This is my first post !! Although Iv been following this forum for a few weeks now, and would like to thank everybody for all the information and advice xx

My co is SV... any body else have her/him ???

Visa sent-24/6

payment taken-27/6

1st email from co sv and requests for medicals-29/6

Then yesterday i got all our social evidence sent back to us.... cards/photos/phonebills/emails.. etc...

can anybody tell me if this is normal ???? it just seems so soon, as we only lodged it a week ago !!!!

Thanks guys... ps i was also told current processing time is 5-6 months !!

Bu22inb, from what I understand they scan everything into the computer and then shred it, so that's why you got stuff sent straight back - they don't need it anymore!

Seems like there are a few of us who all submitted in the same week. It's only just starting to sink in for me.

Guest bertieb
Hi bu22inb, just thought I would add that we also had out personal info sent back within a week, including all photos and emails. Our CO stated that in future not to send in originals and we should have photocopied our pics. Also, does anyone know if being requested to undertake a medical is a sign that they are happy with all other info and that is one of the final stages? Wishful thinking maybe lol

Hey yes it is a good sign. If they needed any more info they would have asked for it before requesting the medical (As the medical is an expense, they only ask for it when they are satisfied with the rest of your evidence). So this will be the last of your evidence to be submitted!

all the best! bertieb

Hi everyone,

I've applied for a 309 Partner Visa at the London embassy and now just going through the long wait to find out the date of when we'll recieve it!

Visa sent: 29th March

Email rec'd from AB: 4th April

Sent further requested evidence: 13th April

Email rec'd requesting medical: 14th April

Undertook medical in London: 27th April

Got married: 29th May

Sent marriage certificate: 30th May

Email rec'd ackowledging receipt and stating AB has all required documentation: 6th June

Email sent asking for update and response rec'd: 30th June still saying 5-6 months

AB has been very efficient and quick to respond to enquiries. Can't wait to get a date so we can plan our next steps. We're hoping to move to Melbourne in September.

T

We are heading to the sunshine coast (originally from sydney). We'll be living with my sister for 6 months till we find our feet. Any tips/advice for the area?

We would be delighted to help with any information you need. I think PM maybe better to avoid clogging up this forum. So, please PM me with the kind of information you would like and I will fill you in as best I can.

Cheers for now, I am off to bed.

Sharon

Just had an email today so say that my visa (subclass 309) had been approved!! At last!

Application recieved 9th Feb -requested medicals and police check

Medicals done 18th Feb

Police check recieved March 16th

Received email 5th April saying early July for finalisation

Received another email June 6th - again saying early July for finalisation

Just need to book my flights now!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

:biggrin:

Just had an email today so say that my visa (subclass 309) had been approved!! At last!

Medicals done 18th Feb

Fantastic news for you and good luck with your life down under:biggrin:

Guest LoznWill

Thanks Sharon - that was so thoughtful of you to post and it's so true, this whole thing is so stressful and overtakes everything that we do need to remember to have fun and enjoy things as well. My OH and I have at least a few phonecalls a week where we don't allow ourselves to talk about anything logistical/visa wise. We just have a laugh with each other and it helps alot!! Otherwise we found all we talked about and got stressed about was visa and moving issues.... thanks again so lovely to have support from people who have been through and understand the process!!

Guest LoznWill
Gday "" everybody ! This is my first post !! Although Iv been following this forum for a few weeks now, and would like to thank everybody for all the information and advice xx

My co is SV... any body else have her/him ???

Visa sent-24/6

payment taken-27/6

1st email from co sv and requests for medicals-29/6

Then yesterday i got all our social evidence sent back to us.... cards/photos/phonebills/emails.. etc...

can anybody tell me if this is normal ???? it just seems so soon, as we only lodged it a week ago !!!!

Thanks guys... ps i was also told current processing time is 5-6 months !!

Hi - We have SV too... so far our CO has been prompt, informative and polite. I think SV might stick to the timelines given though - I haven't yet heard of anyone getting an earlier approval - but with positive thinking maybe we'll be the first few!!?

Guest LoznWill

Medicals done 18th Feb

Congratulations!!!! Awesome news!!!!:biggrin::smile:

Thanks Sharon - that was so thoughtful of you to post and it's so true, this whole thing is so stressful and overtakes everything that we do need to remember to have fun and enjoy things as well. My OH and I have at least a few phonecalls a week where we don't allow ourselves to talk about anything logistical/visa wise. We just have a laugh with each other and it helps alot!! Otherwise we found all we talked about and got stressed about was visa and moving issues.... thanks again so lovely to have support from people who have been through and understand the process!!

Oh my goodness - huge hugs to you. At least we went through it together. I really hope yours comes through soon. Good luck and stay in touch, PM if you like. I will also give you my number if you feel like letting off steam sometime.

:hug: Sharon

Guest bu22inb
Hi - We have SV too... so far our CO has been prompt, informative and polite. I think SV might stick to the timelines given though - I haven't yet heard of anyone getting an earlier approval - but with positive thinking maybe we'll be the first few!!?

Hiya, Yeah fingers crossed !!! we really want to go back for xmas, so hopefully itl be all good news for then ! when did you lodge your app ??

Guest bu22inb
She requested evidence of my Irish Citizenship and the Police and Medical checks. Kieran did the forms for the police check on yesterday and he will book his medicals this week.

Bu22inb, from what I understand they scan everything into the computer and then shred it, so that's why you got stuff sent straight back - they don't need it anymore!

Seems like there are a few of us who all submitted in the same week. It's only just starting to sink in for me.

Thankyou !! you lodged yours the same day as us... fri 24th june ?? Thanks for the info i was starting to get a bit worried...... sv has asked me to do a medical and hasnt requested any other info as of yet-so hopefully thats good news.... Good luck to you with your app !!! im hoping itl all be sorted b4 christmas !!! :unsure:

Guest Chesterbelle

I posted the exact same day! And she just requested evidence of OH's immigration status into UK and more evidence Jan-April 2011 (as I neglected to put anything current in) - she also told me to medicals. If we go 6 months to the day it'll be Xmas Eve! x

Guest littler

Timeline so far...

19th April 2011 - visa sent front loaded

28th April 2011 - Money taken

11th May 2011 - CO (MT) asked for extra Information

25th May 2011 - I arrived in Melbourne and gathered all info i could find.

8th??? June 2011 - Extra information sent.

6th July 2011 - CO emailed asking for a phone interview.

This is where i am at so far, Has anyone else had a phone interview? Any hints on what to expect? Does anyone else have MT as there CO?

Guest bertieb

well, i had a feeling today was the day!!

visa granted!!

sent 03/03/2011

received by CO (DP) on 07/03/2011

visa granted 06/07/2011

wooooo!!

just on 4 months..thanks for all your helpful posts and advice! and good luck to all of you! not long now for all the march applicants!

oh i haven't been able to get in contact with my partner (the one who the visa is actually for)..so you guys are the first to know!

all the best!!