SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Tillyloola

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone for their support. Its taken every bit of strength that I have not to run down there today to grab her back this morning, but I know its the best thing for her. Its not so much the month in quarantine that I was worried about (she did a couple of months in a cattery while I was in Australia earlier this year and was fine), its the actual travelling, she really doesn't do well on journeys that only take 20 minutes so 24 hours are hour of the question. Both my cats were originally coming and had all their injections and microchiping done in February. Unfortunately, my youngest one had a reaction to the injection and passed away very suddenly. I was devastated because I felt (and still do) like my selfishness in wanting them with me had caused him to die, so thats why I have taken a long hard look at what to do with Tilly and while re homing is not the best thing for me, its the best thing for her.

Mine got taken yesterday too! :biggrin: And I got a CO (PW) who requested more information - I was so hung up on puttin gin historic proof that I neglected o put anything in from the 1st half of thi year. She also asked for me to do my meds and character tests and send proof of OH's immigration status in the UK...........

Does all this sound normal?/?

Progress!!!

It sounds pretty standard.

I sent certified copies of my husbands UK visas (both his original temp and his PR) as they show my name as spouse and though that it would be good evidence, mind you we were desperate for evidence as I tend to shred anything that comes through the door.

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone for their support. Its taken every bit of strength that I have not to run down there today to grab her back this morning, but I know its the best thing for her. Its not so much the month in quarantine that I was worried about (she did a couple of months in a cattery while I was in Australia earlier this year and was fine), its the actual travelling, she really doesn't do well on journeys that only take 20 minutes so 24 hours are hour of the question. Both my cats were originally coming and had all their injections and microchiping done in February. Unfortunately, my youngest one had a reaction to the injection and passed away very suddenly. I was devastated because I felt (and still do) like my selfishness in wanting them with me had caused him to die, so thats why I have taken a long hard look at what to do with Tilly and while re homing is not the best thing for me, its the best thing for her.QUOTE]

Wow! that must of been hard for you but at the end of the day you was trying to give them a better life too. We only decided to re-home our boys because Rocky got himself so ill just going to the cattery, so there was no way he would have made it to OZ, Cooper probably would have been fine. They are like your children and you want to do what's best for them and that's what you've done, it's just sad that your youngest had a reaction. :hug:

Hiya - We have SV too... so far I have found SV to be prompt, informative and polite to all our queries! Fingers crossed we get under 5 month mark - although I have a feeling SV is very professional and sticks in line with departmental processing times!! Just have to think positive and keep obsessively checking our emails... lol lol lol!!

When did you submit your application to AH?

Guest ellynandpaul

Does anyone else have PS as their CO? We are still waiting for news on the outcome of Paul's Offshore partner Visa. The last we heard from him, he emailed saying "I aim to have it approved mid September" which is around the 6 month mark from when they received it at AH. If anyone else has him, is he quite thorough? Seems like he sticks to the books and doesn't like to give too many answers! As long as he does a good job, that's all we care about!

Praying for September as he stated so that we can book flights home for October. I am dying to get home to Adelaide! I left in February 2010 and have been super homesick since! :sad:

Hope some of you can give us a heads up:cute: It's so lovely to see so many positive responses and happy Australia bound people!

xx

We lodged ours in person on 26/04, assigned AB 04/05.

If it follows the full 6 months for us, it's too late to use our aussie holiday this year as the initial entry and we'll need to arrange another trip before may next year (medicals and police 9/5).

I'm encouraged by the fact that quite a few people that have had AB, have received theirs in about 4 months. We are in Oz for 3 weeks so even if it's 5 months, we can still nip across to NZ for a couple of days and come back!

Are your flights booked for your permanent move?

If it was 4 months we would be SO happy that it would make all of this worth while. The flights we have booked are for the permanent move and the dates chosen to ensure the children didn't miss too much schooling (our daughter is jumping up a year and the longer she's in the UK the more she misses out on). One way tickets too, so hubby can't even enter on that ticket. It's a fine line and a big gamble but needed to be done.

I've spent this morning cleaning garden furniture, tools and spare bike wheels with Jeyes in the hope customs will pass them, but am beginning to think I might need a toothbrush to be really effective! Furniture leaves 3 weeks today!

Guest ellynandpaul
We lodged ours in person on 26/04, assigned AB 04/05.

If it follows the full 6 months for us, it's too late to use our aussie holiday this year as the initial entry and we'll need to arrange another trip before may next year (medicals and police 9/5).

I'm encouraged by the fact that quite a few people that have had AB, have received theirs in about 4 months. We are in Oz for 3 weeks so even if it's 5 months, we can still nip across to NZ for a couple of days and come back!

Are your flights booked for your permanent move?

If it was 4 months we would be SO happy that it would make all of this worth while. The flights we have booked are for the permanent move and the dates chosen to ensure the children didn't miss too much schooling (our daughter is jumping up a year and the longer she's in the UK the more she misses out on). One way tickets too, so hubby can't even enter on that ticket. It's a fine line and a big gamble but needed to be done.

I've spent this morning cleaning garden furniture, tools and spare bike wheels with Jeyes in the hope customs will pass them, but am beginning to think I might need a toothbrush to be really effective! Furniture leaves 3 weeks today!

Oh my gosh! how exciting for you! :) we're lucky enough to not have much furniture here. Anything we do have, we're selling on because I still have so much at my mum's back in Adelaide. We will need a small crate for books etc but nothing to the extent that you are going through!

Good luck with the big move :) sounds very exciting (yet stressful!!)

x

I've had to take my kitty cat to be re homed today and I'm totally gutted. Just another one of the loved ones that I have to say goodbye to so that I can join the other half over in oz. Tell you what though it was a close call between me staying here with the kitty and going over with him...a very close call.

Australia better be worth it all.

Just hope that they get a move on with the visa now, its too quite in the house with out her here.:cry:

Oh Tillyloola,

I know what you're going through. We had to rehome 3 of our pets as they are too small to make the journey and the next day one of the children told my son that it had died during the night when it hadn't. Keep strong and know that we're all doing this together and are here if you need to sound off or need a shoulder :hug:

Last week was such an exciting week for visa grants!! It's very quiet this week so far eh??

Our application has just reached the four month mark this week... Potentially, we could be waiting a further two months, but it's a good feeling to know that we could also receive that magical email any day :jiggy:

I wonder which of us will be next??? x

Guest LoznWill
When did you submit your application to AH?

I just went to write the dates and realised i've nearly forgotten... lol lol

11th March - Application sent from Ireland

17th March - Money taken from account

23rd-ish March - Email requesting meds

29th-ish March - Meds completed

12th April - Email saying assessed, no further info, due for granting on 15th August

OH is coming in on a tourist visa on 19th July so we can attend my sisters wedding and then we are heading to NZ while the visa is processing. I would absolutely love a 4-month approval - dream come true!

How are you going with all your plans?:jiggy:

I just went to write the dates and realised i've nearly forgotten... lol lol

11th March - Application sent from Ireland

17th March - Money taken from account

23rd-ish March - Email requesting meds

29th-ish March - Meds completed

12th April - Email saying assessed, no further info, due for granting on 15th August

OH is coming in on a tourist visa on 19th July so we can attend my sisters wedding and then we are heading to NZ while the visa is processing. I would absolutely love a 4-month approval - dream come true!

How are you going with all your plans?:jiggy:

Similar time frame to us, we submitted ours in March and was assigned SV on 17th March, like you we was also told 5 months for the golden ticket!

My house is all sold and gone to it's new owner, it went a lot quicker than we thought! from putting it on the market it was sold in 3 wks to a cash buyer!! so it was panic stations just before Christmas, so we only have a few things to send in a container.

The OH has already booked the flights ready for Jan 2012! She's an Aussie and is ready to go home. Like you I would love to have it in 4 months just to know we have it even though we're not going til Jan.

All the best for your move down under!! I'll keep an eye out to see when you get your green light! :wink:

Hi all, just put everything together to post my visa app tomorrow, knowing there may be a slight increase in the fee. Well, its gone up from 1,735au to 1,995au! So annoyed, I decided not to rush through anything and risk the increase, but that's quite a lot! BOOOOO! Hopefully it means they'll increase man power and speed up times! Wishful thinking huh?!

Heres the link to the new info.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf

Guest sinead

Morning all!! well its JULY!! FINALLY!!!:biggrin: Heres to a new fresh month of VISA grants!! Im suppose to be getting mine this month!! here's to hourly checks of the hubbies email account!! LOL!!

Hi all, just put everything together to post my visa app tomorrow, knowing there may be a slight increase in the fee. Well, its gone up from 1,735au to 1,995au! So annoyed, I decided not to rush through anything and risk the increase, but that's quite a lot! BOOOOO! Hopefully it means they'll increase man power and speed up times! Wishful thinking huh?!

Heres the link to the new info.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/990i.pdf

Ouch! I sent ours last Friday and the money was taken on Tuesday. Was in a mad rush at the last minute getting it all done. In the long run though I guess its such an expensive process that once you've added the cost of the medicals, the shipping, perhaps breaking contracts or leases (which we will likely do) paying a bit more for the initial application will fade into insignificance.

Welcome to the waiting list!:hug:

Morning all!! well its JULY!! FINALLY!!!:biggrin: Heres to a new fresh month of VISA grants!! Im suppose to be getting mine this month!! here's to hourly checks of the hubbies email account!! LOL!!

Fingers and toes crossed for you Sinead!

Sinead, will we start those daily chocolate deliveries to the case officers today? :biglaugh:

At last i have a timeline to write down!

• Started talking seriously about moving to Australia in 2006
  • had a reccie in feb 2011
  • Lodged our defacto visa using an agent on 13/6/11
  • money out 15/6/11
  • assigned c.o [sV] on 27/6/11

• booked medicals for 21/7/11

the thing that has amazed me is that you get a time limit to get all the medicals and police checks back to the case officer! I was stunned that it was only five weeks and really didn't realise there would be a date! Naive maybe! All rushing about now watching the bottom less pit of money vanish!

Worst bit is now have to put house on the market and telling the kids was hard!! They are only little but my four year old was very tearful! I know that isn't going to get a ny better!

All very exciting though after years and years of talking about it!

Anybody else on a similar time frame?

At last i have a timeline to write down!

• Started talking seriously about moving to Australia in 2006

• had a reccie in feb 2011

• Lodged our defacto visa using an agent on 13/6/11

• money out 15/6/11

• assigned c.o [sV] on 27/6/11

• booked medicals for 21/7/11

the thing that has amazed me is that you get a time limit to get all the medicals and police checks back to the case officer! I was stunned that it was only five weeks and really didn't realise there would be a date! Naive maybe! All rushing about now watching the bottom less pit of money vanish!

Worst bit is now have to put house on the market and telling the kids was hard!! They are only little but my four year old was very tearful! I know that isn't going to get a ny better!

All very exciting though after years and years of talking about it!

Anybody else on a similar time frame?

Judyq, we are about ten days behind you. Just got our CO (WP) today, and I thought the same thing - 49 days to get the medicals back, but then I read that if you won't have them done within that time you just need to prove that you have them booked. I just rang the Mater there a moment ago and left a voicemail.

We seriously started talking about this move in January 2010 but had to wait until we had been living together 12 months to submit. After so much planning and preparation I can't believe it is finally here and happing!

Hi Sinead...... I know I am so excited that it's July! I don't have an approx date but I have a case officer since 3rd March! I think this could be our month haha! :biggrin:

Guest Chesterbelle
Judyq, we are about ten days behind you. Just got our CO (WP) today, and I thought the same thing - 49 days to get the medicals back, but then I read that if you won't have them done within that time you just need to prove that you have them booked. I just rang the Mater there a moment ago and left a voicemail.

We seriously started talking about this move in January 2010 but had to wait until we had been living together 12 months to submit. After so much planning and preparation I can't believe it is finally here and happing!

Shoeover i am exactly the same time frame as you with exactly same CO - WP - She has asked for some further info from me and told me to do do meds/CRB - Medical booked for 19th July in Manchester, Police check sent today to be returned straight to CO.

Did she reuqest any further info form you? (I was so caught up on riving our 2 yr relationship I didnt send a nything from last 6 months :goofy:

Its nice to know somebody on the same timeframe as me! :biggrin:

Hi I've just submitted the forms for the sub class 100 visa. I'm not so concerned about the increase in fee but the fact I submitted using out of date forms. My agent informs me that the DIAC allows a grace period. Potentially I could have to resubmit them all again which will be a major pain. Has anyone else had this problem? Also my agent tells me the processing time from London is 5-8 months. Anyone got there's earlier?

Cheers

Shane

Hi I've just submitted the forms for the sub class 100 visa. I'm not so concerned about the increase in fee but the fact I submitted using out of date forms. My agent informs me that the DIAC allows a grace period. Potentially I could have to resubmit them all again which will be a major pain. Has anyone else had this problem? Also my agent tells me the processing time from London is 5-8 months. Anyone got there's earlier?

Cheers

Shane

The standard processing time at the moment is 5-6 months (information received from Australia House). Seems to be quite a few recently approved at the 4 month mark.

I doubt they'd make you resubmit, you should be fine.

Good luck with it all :v_SPIN:

Hi everyone

We've been reading this forum for a while and thought it was about time we put our timeline up! My boyfriend has applied for the defacto partner visa:

14/04/2011 – application received at Australia House

15/04/2011 – fee taken from credit card

20/04/2011 – email from Australia House confirming receipt of application and assigning a case officer (DP)

26/04/2011 – some original documents returned in the mail by Australia House

We haven't been given a visa date, just the standard 5-6 months timeframe, although it's been encouraging to read of a few other people with DP getting estimates of 5 months or less. Incidentally, we are using a migration agent but they have kept us in the loop on any correspondence so far.

Guest ANDREA WRIGHT
Hi everyone

We've been reading this forum for a while and thought it was about time we put our timeline up! My boyfriend has applied for the defacto partner visa:

14/04/2011 – application received at Australia House

15/04/2011 – fee taken from credit card

20/04/2011 – email from Australia House confirming receipt of application and assigning a case officer (DP)

26/04/2011 – some original documents returned in the mail by Australia House

We haven't been given a visa date, just the standard 5-6 months timeframe, although it's been encouraging to read of a few other people with DP getting estimates of 5 months or less. Incidentally, we are using a migration agent but they have kept us in the loop on any correspondence so far.

Hi there,

we've been assigned DP also, He seems pretty nice so far and I'm encouraged to read that he processes 5 months or less, finger crossed.

Time lines thus far:

Visa submitted 24 June 2011

C/O assigned 28 June 2011

Attend Medicals 7 July 2011

Guest bu22inb

Gday "" everybody ! This is my first post !! Although Iv been following this forum for a few weeks now, and would like to thank everybody for all the information and advice xx

My co is SV... any body else have her/him ???

Visa sent-24/6

payment taken-27/6

1st email from co sv and requests for medicals-29/6

Then yesterday i got all our social evidence sent back to us.... cards/photos/phonebills/emails.. etc...

can anybody tell me if this is normal ???? it just seems so soon, as we only lodged it a week ago !!!!

Thanks guys... ps i was also told current processing time is 5-6 months !!