SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest rgourlay

Visa subclass 100 approved on 31st January which was just over the five months since the original application on 25th August 2010! Now to plan for a summer move to ensure we are out there before the 13th September deadline but thankfully we have done the background and just need to book shippers, etc. after deciding a date :)

Visa subclass 100 approved on 31st January which was just over the five months since the original application on 25th August 2010! Now to plan for a summer move to ensure we are out there before the 13th September deadline but thankfully we have done the background and just need to book shippers, etc. after deciding a date :)

Huge congrats enjoy your planning but don't forget to celebrate

:biggrin:

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

our permanent resident spouse 100 granted today time to celebrate we are so happy and thanks to all on here for your help advice support

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

congratuations swifty!! that is great news. When will you go?

I was coming on to post that I got back my photos, proof of living together etc but I still haven't gotten an email telling me to go get medicals or a reference number. They sent back some of the passport photos and said to use these on a post it note for the medicals but no reference number. I sent off a generic email to the commission. Has anyone had something like this happen? I'm sure it's because of my ymail address. It is always misread as gmail.

congratuations swifty!! that is great news. When will you go?

I was coming on to post that I got back my photos, proof of living together etc but I still haven't gotten an email telling me to go get medicals or a reference number. They sent back some of the passport photos and said to use these on a post it note for the medicals but no reference number. I sent off a generic email to the commission. Has anyone had something like this happen? I'm sure it's because of my ymail address. It is always misread as gmail.

Hoping to go as soon as the house is sold

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

our permanent resident spouse 100 granted today time to celebrate we are so happy and thanks to all on here for your help advice support

This is great news swifty99!!! Wishing you the best of luck :hug:

Guest Gwyndra

Here's an update on our Prospective Marriage Visa Application (for those in the same boat) I'm in Vic, Australia & my english gentleman is in Yorkshire....

2nd Nov Application Sent

9th Nov Visa money taken from c/card & photos returned. (no accompanying letter)

17th Jan OH rang Australia House - now has Case Officer email address (we sent email)

31st Jan Still having heard nothing, OH emails Case Officer again.

2nd Feb Email from Case Officer received requesting further info.

3rd Feb Further info supplied (proof of staying intouch after april 10 & question on appl. answered in more detail)

It's sooo nice to know the ball is rolling!!!

Guest moodybird

My Timeline

07/09/10 Visa application received by Australian House

13/09/10 c/o assigned and aknowledged payment (more info requested- meds/ Australian police check)

20/09/10 Medical completed

25/09/10 Australian Police check sent to Australian House

14/10/10 Medical received Australia House

Visa Granted 04/02/2011

(Just under 5 months)

Congratulations to everyone who have recently had visas granted and good luck to everyone who is playing the waiting game.

Lisa x

Here's an update on our Prospective Marriage Visa Application (for those in the same boat) I'm in Vic, Australia & my english gentleman is in Yorkshire....

2nd Nov Application Sent

9th Nov Visa money taken from c/card & photos returned. (no accompanying letter)

17th Jan OH rang Australia House - now has Case Officer email address (we sent email)

31st Jan Still having heard nothing, OH emails Case Officer again.

2nd Feb Email from Case Officer received requesting further info.

3rd Feb Further info supplied (proof of staying intouch after april 10 & question on appl. answered in more detail)

It's sooo nice to know the ball is rolling!!!

Hi Gwyndra,

It seems I'm having a similar experience. Got the cards and photos back but no email or letter. I'm not as patient as you though I've already sent them an email :wink: Hopefully I'll hear back soon and have a case officer

Have not been a regular to this thread but did post about 4 months ago. Just thought I would let people know that having lodged a Subclass 309 Spouse visa application in the middle of Sept'10, less than 5 months later I have been granted my visa. Also they said there was sufficient evidence of my relationship with my wife that they have made it the permanent Subclass 100 Spouse visa.

I have to be in Australia before 11th August, 2011 under the terms of the visa. Now the hunt for an international removal company.

Good luck to all of you who are applying, the wait is frustrating but timeline appears to be 5 months if not just less.

Guest Mikeslady

Hey, just an update to let you know that my subclass 309 visa was granted today after four and a half months!!!! :smile::smile:

I wasn't expecting it for another few weeks but thought I'd give my CO a call to see how the application was going. His response was "I'm supposed to approve it later this month, but why don't I just approve it today?"!!!! The perfect response!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it feels like an age waiting for the magic email, but it's worth it when it comes!!

Well done swifty. Congratulations. You have probably answered this elsewhere in this thread but where are heading to?

Hey, just an update to let you know that my subclass 309 visa was granted today after four and a half months!!!! :smile::smile:

I wasn't expecting it for another few weeks but thought I'd give my CO a call to see how the application was going. His response was "I'm supposed to approve it later this month, but why don't I just approve it today?"!!!! The perfect response!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, it feels like an age waiting for the magic email, but it's worth it when it comes!!

Well done to you to Mikeslady. Luckily I have been aware on business so much over the last 4 months that the time seems to have gone quite quickly but lurking there in the back of my mind was whether the visa would be granted. It would have really screwed up our plans if it had been rejected.

Where abouts in Oz are you headed for?

Guest Mikeslady
Well done to you to Mikeslady. Luckily I have been aware on business so much over the last 4 months that the time seems to have gone quite quickly but lurking there in the back of my mind was whether the visa would be granted. It would have really screwed up our plans if it had been rejected.

Where abouts in Oz are you headed for?

Thanks tloring! Congrats to you too :biggrin: I'm heading to Melbourne and hoping to fly out on the 1st of March. Can't wait because my OH has been over there since October so it's been a looooooong wait! Where are you heading?

Thanks tloring! Congrats to you too :biggrin: I'm heading to Melbourne and hoping to fly out on the 1st of March. Can't wait because my OH has been over there since October so it's been a looooooong wait! Where are you heading?

We are off to Brisbane - where wife is from. We are not in any rush and leaving in late July. However, this still seems like too little time to sort the house out, decide what is going and what is getting binned, and then trying to sell the house. I work away a lot and my wife looks after our 2 under 4s without any family support!

If your OH is already over in Oz, I assume that you have done all the international removals that you need to? Any advice?

Wow great news Mikeslady,congratulations! :biggrin:I believe that we are not far away too. I am planning to call DP sometime this months. However we are realising now that we could apply for subclass 309/100. We are eligible for this visa as we are living on a family basis already 2 years and we have all sorts of evidences. I guess our plan to get married to Australia made us go for PMV 300. So after our wedding there we have to apply over again for 801/820 . Another nightmare updating docs, possibly another medicals and another visa charge grrrrr. :mask:I wonder if we can just call our CO and change the visa type as he has all the docs including evidences for our relationship for 12 months.

I will appreciate any opinion or advice from everyone

We are off to Brisbane - where wife is from. We are not in any rush and leaving in late July. However, this still seems like too little time to sort the house out, decide what is going and what is getting binned, and then trying to sell the house. I work away a lot and my wife looks after our 2 under 4s without any family support!

If your OH is already over in Oz, I assume that you have done all the international removals that you need to? Any advice?

Congratulations to you too tloring! We are also planning to go to Brisbane where my fiance is from but we may consider changing of these plans.

Well done swifty. Congratulations. You have probably answered this elsewhere in this thread but where are heading to?

Sent you a private message yesterday to send huge congrats don't know if i sent it properly?

We are heading off to Melbourne as soon as the house is sold so currently in the process of selling all our worldly goods

Guest sarah77

Hi guys,

Sorry not been on here again for ages, but just wanted to update the below and let people know it took a total of 4 months exactly from the date of our visa application: Defacto Partner 360, before I was granted a permanent visa!

Police checks all came back ok - they took about 3 weeks and then we were interviewed via telephone which went really well. Our CO said that our visa was the best application he'd ever seen (maybe we were his first!!) and then it was a case of waiting.

We hadn't expected the wait to take so long, but I think the visa office was particularly busy during those months and our case officer - who actually was really lovely, was away for a whole month during that period and he granted it pretty much as soon as he was back in the office. So a (painful) wait, worth waiting for!

We're now in Brisbane and have both just started looking for work. My partner is a software developer and I'm a photo agent/shoot producer looking for work potentially in advertising as an art buyer. Fresh exciting starts!

Good luck to everyone still waiting for their visa applications and gdaaaaaaay to everyone here already.

x

Little update from us:

9th June: Front loaded Application sent

10th June: Money taken out of account for visa

11th June: Assigned CO who emailed letting us know they'd received our application and requesting another piece of info.. Australian Police Check which hadn't anticipated.

** Make sure if you've spent more than than 365 days in Australia (in total) in the last 10 years you get one done! **

Our fault for not reading properly! - but such a pain, as we were hoping to be able to get all approved quickly and to leave the UK in Sept, but now we're having to wait for the aussie police check that could take weeks to come back. Booooo!

Also having to resend copies of passports and birth certificates which we had certified by bank manager.. but apparently this isn't accepted, so solicitor booked in to sign now on Thurs and send back.

More waiting...and I'm a bit impatient (although totally mixed feelings - excited and sad - about leaving home!)!

x

Guest Savannah1

Hello again!

Just wondered if anyone elses CO has been away for a while during the outcome of the visa? Basically I tired emailing my CO and got an automated response saying he was out of the office till end of March, and wondered if this is going to affect the date of my visa outcome? I then called and was quoted the 5/6 months standard reply but know others have had their visas approved quicker. Also, if the CO doesnt not need any further information from you, can you assume that the genuine and continuing relationship part has been approved and you are more certain to have the visa approved?!

Just getting slightly nervous now as was really hoping to go to OZ at the beginning of April!

Any advice?!

Guest sarafin
Hello again!

Just wondered if anyone elses CO has been away for a while during the outcome of the visa? Basically I tired emailing my CO and got an automated response saying he was out of the office till end of March, and wondered if this is going to affect the date of my visa outcome? I then called and was quoted the 5/6 months standard reply but know others have had their visas approved quicker. Also, if the CO doesnt not need any further information from you, can you assume that the genuine and continuing relationship part has been approved and you are more certain to have the visa approved?!

Just getting slightly nervous now as was really hoping to go to OZ at the beginning of April!

Any advice?!

My CO is not away (not that i know of) but hasn't replied to my two emails sent in the last 3 weeks! :( My CO also initially emailed that he needs no further info and that i fill all criteria, so I take it as a good sign? If they were unsure of something they would ask for more evidence or clarification on something, well that's the way i think at least. Optimistic! :) When did you apply? Gooood luck!

Guest sarafin

Yaaaaayyyy congrats!

Guest Savannah1
My CO is not away (not that i know of) but hasn't replied to my two emails sent in the last 3 weeks! :( My CO also initially emailed that he needs no further info and that i fill all criteria, so I take it as a good sign? If they were unsure of something they would ask for more evidence or clarification on something, well that's the way i think at least. Optimistic! :) When did you apply? Gooood luck!

Hiya

I applied on the 30th November so hoping that I will hear soonish! I just want to be there now as my partner is already there. I hope that your optimism is rightly placed - I too am just hoping that they would ask if they had any doubts but are just sticking to timings.

When did you apply?

Guest sarafin
Hiya

I applied on the 30th November so hoping that I will hear soonish! I just want to be there now as my partner is already there. I hope that your optimism is rightly placed - I too am just hoping that they would ask if they had any doubts but are just sticking to timings.

When did you apply?

I sent in my application on the 10th of November CO assigned on the 16th November so hopefully hear some news soon as well. I'm prepared to wait till April though don't suppose they HAVE to reply to my queries but it'd be nice to get an update to say if everything is ok at least. It must be so hard to be apart from your other half, I feel for you hope you hear something soon xx