SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest siamsusie
Here is a small tip for you all.

If you are in oz when you are granted your visa and have to go offshore.

When you get back go to the regional immigration office and get the label put in your passport. The rta wouldn't give me my driving licence until i could prove by way of a letter or label in my passport that i had pr.

So someone got paid alot of money for VEVO that some govenment bodies won't even look at.

In WA it really was not a problem not having the visa in the passport Andy, just passport, credit card, and a few letters addressed to me at our home were surfice. The driving licence took a few days.

I did however have a problem at Bangkok airport at one time, and not being able to show my physical visa was enough to make me wander into DIAC Hobart pretty quickly:wubclub: Susie

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how long it took the commission to contact you after taking the payment. Payment was taken 24th Jan but I haven't heard anything back yet. I've glanced through this thread and see most people hear something within 2-3 days.

I'm starting to get ever so slightly anxious :wub:

Guest Kevneedsun

Well after 2 1/2 months of putting this damn visa together we have finally submitted our partner visa today via post. What a relief to have that thing in the mail. All fingers are crossed and will keep you all posted on what happens over the next couple of week / months. Will be a long wait as my partner (sponsor) leaves on Wednesday as she has to go back to Australia!! I pray that they can put our visa through as soon as possible as we are very close and this time apart is going to be super hard! Thanks to all that have answered my questions and offered support.

Calls for a little drinky tonight to celebrate... (god imagine what i'll be like when it's granted!! (if) )

Kev

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how long it took the commission to contact you after taking the payment. Payment was taken 24th Jan but I haven't heard anything back yet. I've glanced through this thread and see most people hear something within 2-3 days.

I'm starting to get ever so slightly anxious :wub:

Our money was taken on the 13th september and we were first contacted by our case officer on 17th of september

Thanks swifty. That seems to be the norm. I think it may be becasue my email is "ymail" and people seem to read it automatically as "gmail" no matter how neatly I write it. Do you know who I should contact to find out? I'll wait a few more days but if I haven't heard by next Monday I'll email them

Thanks swifty. That seems to be the norm. I think it may be becasue my email is "ymail" and people seem to read it automatically as "gmail" no matter how neatly I write it. Do you know who I should contact to find out? I'll wait a few more days but if I haven't heard by next Monday I'll email them

haha my email is ymail and people do exactly the same with us but thankfully we used hubbies email address, they say to give up to 10 days as hard as that is

haha my email is ymail and people do exactly the same with us but thankfully we used hubbies email address, they say to give up to 10 days as hard as that is

Well if the official line is ten days then that makes it a little better. All I could see from the thread was 2-4 days time difference. I was kicking myself after that I didn't use my husband's- a straight forward co.uk. I'll give it to the end of the week and then I will contact them.

Thanks swifty. My anixety has somewhat dissipated. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long 5-6 months :laugh:

Well if the official line is ten days then that makes it a little better. All I could see from the thread was 2-4 days time difference. I was kicking myself after that I didn't use my husband's- a straight forward co.uk. I'll give it to the end of the week and then I will contact them.

Thanks swifty. My anixety has somewhat dissipated. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long 5-6 months :laugh:

i think i am in the minority on here as the visa hasn't stressed me at all its the house sale doing that, we had the joy of adding my 18 year old son onto our visa nearly 3 months into the application so not been straightforward but still easier than selling a house

:laugh:

So much effort went into my mammoth application. I'm dying to get on with the rest of it and get it done! It's great your son is going with you even if he decided after everything else had been lodged :) Selling your house I think is recognised as one of the most stressful experiences you can go through. We did it once before. Trying to pretend that your house is an immaculate show home all the while praying no one will look in the wardrobes :)

Guest Savannah1

Hi Guys

New to this site but have applied for my Spouse Visa 309 and received an email from CO saying they needed medical and police checks submitted which I did in December. I have now had confirmation from my case officer they have been received, and also had my original proof of relationship documents returned. Just wondered if anyone has had their documents returned and could help in trying to see how long after that my visa would be approved.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

Hi Guys

New to this site but have applied for my Spouse Visa 309 and received an email from CO saying they needed medical and police checks submitted which I did in December. I have now had confirmation from my case officer they have been received, and also had my original proof of relationship documents returned. Just wondered if anyone has had their documents returned and could help in trying to see how long after that my visa would be approved.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

The person who can best answer the how long question is your case officer - phone he or her up and ask :wink:

Typically they've been quoting 5-6 months from date of first contact with the CO.

Hope this helps :wubclub:

there actually have been a couple of people this year that applies august september that got their visa granted in 4 months nando being one of them and i think thamby also

Hey thanks for this - haven't been following this thread closely for a while now.:biggrin:

Hey thanks for this - haven't been following this thread closely for a while now.:biggrin:

Yeah for some reason a few people have they have the same case officer as us DP but as we added my son on 3 months into the visa there was no chance we were going to get our processed on 4 months but he did tell us 5 months orginally

Guest Crazycat

Dear All,

I am pleased to let you know that my 309 visa has been granted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooooHoooooo!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We applied on 10/09/2010 and our CO is DP :notworthy: We are soooooooo ready to celebrate tonight!!!!!

Thank you so much to everybody on this forum and good luck to those who are still waiting for their visas!!! All the best guys! :hug:

Guest Mikeslady
Dear All,

I am pleased to let you know that my 309 visa has been granted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooooHoooooo!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

We applied on 10/09/2010 and our CO is DP :notworthy: We are soooooooo ready to celebrate tonight!!!!!

Thank you so much to everybody on this forum and good luck to those who are still waiting for their visas!!! All the best guys! :hug:

Wow that's brilliant, congratulations!!! Get the bubbly out tonight to celebrate :biggrin: I have DP too and am past the 4 month mark now, eagerly checking my mail every day... Here's hoping I'm not far behind you! :unsure:

Guest Crazycat
Wow that's brilliant, congratulations!!! Get the bubbly out tonight to celebrate :biggrin: I have DP too and am past the 4 month mark now, eagerly checking my mail every day... Here's hoping I'm not far behind you! :unsure:

Thanks Mikeslady! Celebrating big time!!!!!! I'm sure you're not too far behind us. DP's very good! :notworthy: Good luck guys!!!!! All the best!

Guest Savannah1

Thanks Mikeslady! Celebrating big time!!!!!! I'm sure you're not too far behind us. DP's very good! :notworthy: Good luck guys!!!!! All the best!
Great news, means there are a few visa getting processed faster than the 5/6 months time frame. Fingers crossed I get mine soon so I can head to the sun!

Hi Mikeslady:rolleyes:, May I ask you on what date your application was submitted? We have same CO and our date is 19.10.2010 ( this is the date when our appl was received in the Embassy and the appl fee was charged )

Guest Mikeslady
Hi Mikeslady:rolleyes:, May I ask you on what date your application was submitted? We have same CO and our date is 19.10.2010 ( this is the date when our appl was received in the Embassy and the appl fee was charged )

My application was received on 23.09.10. He originally told me it would take 6 months, then he said 5 (after I emailed him asking did I need to send any more info). That was in November, so I've just been waiting since then. He seems to be processing some visas in under 5 months, which is positive news. Hopefully we're at the top of his to-do list! :biggrin:

My application was received on 23.09.10. He originally told me it would take 6 months, then he said 5 (after I emailed him asking did I need to send any more info). That was in November, so I've just been waiting since then. He seems to be processing some visas in under 5 months, which is positive news. Hopefully we're at the top of his to-do list! :biggrin:

We have been told up to 6 months as well:cute:. We haven't been in touch with him after he confirmed the receipt of the health checks- 09.11.2010. Our appl is about 3 weeks after yours so i am getting impatient too. :idea:Do you know i have got the impression that the procedure doesn't depend only on the CO but of some time frames. In most cases the decision is taken much earlier but the visa has to be granted in a certain time which obviously relates with the new immigration quotes for the year and how loaded is the local Embassy where the appl is sent.Whatever it is ,the time is ticking and hopefully soon we will receive The Big News.:biggrin: