SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest TaniaandRob
Hi,

This is my first post on PIO, but have been on here for a while getting useful information from everyone and would like to say a big thank you to you all for your posts....They are extremely helpful and have helped guide me through my move to Oz.

Just thought I would post my details:

Submitted application in person at Australia House 9th august 2010.

Police checks sent 12th August 2010.

CO appointed 19th August 2010.

Medicals sent 27th August 2010.

Phoned CO 11th November 2010 and was told visa would be granted mid Jan.

Visa granted today 12th Jan 2011.

Flights already booked and fly out to Sydney 29th Jan and start my new job on the 1st Feb.......yikes.

Anyway thankyou again to everyone on here and good luck to all those waiting for visas to be granted.

John

Wow exciting news - you applied 6 days before us so hopefully Rob's visa will come through very soon. We have booked our flights to fly to Melbourne Feb 16th and were told the visa will come Feb 9th but from what others have been posting I hope it comes even sooner. Good luck with your adventure! :wink:

Guest Crazycat

Fantastic news jb1979!!! Congratulations on your visa!

We applied 10th Sep and have been told it will be decided begining of Feb, we caaaaannnnn't wait!

Good luck on your new life down under and all the best! Big hug!

Wow exciting news - you applied 6 days before us so hopefully Rob's visa will come through very soon. We have booked our flights to fly to Melbourne Feb 16th and were told the visa will come Feb 9th but from what others have been posting I hope it comes even sooner. Good luck with your adventure! :wink:

Hi what date did you apply for yours?

we was Aug 19 my CO said he will grant it but not in a position to just yet!

I'm hoping it will be Jan 19...I am in Oz now waiting to go offsore:biggrin:

Same as me. I am also in oz waiting to go offshore and i also have am application date of the 19th Aug.

Guest johnson

Has anyone had any luck with a case officer offering an exact date for a grant a couple of months out from the grant? We're expecting the 309 to be granted sometime in March and would like to start booking flights, notifying employer of start date, etc etc.

its usually to the date you applied so if you applied 14th August you would be granted visa on 14th Jan!

:cute:

fingers crossed for this week then!:jiggy:

Guest sarafin

Bahhh I've sent my application in on the 10th November, emailed CO for an update last monday 10/01, no reply yet. How long does it normally take to get a reply? They need no further info from me so I assume everything is ok, just wanted to double check with him if he could give me an estimate of when i can expect a desicion/whether or not everything is looking ok.

Stressed!

Bahhh I've sent my application in on the 10th November, emailed CO for an update last monday 10/01, no reply yet. How long does it normally take to get a reply? They need no further info from me so I assume everything is ok, just wanted to double check with him if he could give me an estimate of when i can expect a desicion/whether or not everything is looking ok.

Stressed!

Who is your CO?

Guest TaniaandRob

September 14th our application was recieved and payment taken - Feb 9th we have been told it will be ready. Now they are back of xmas holidays i'd give em a buzz and just say you would like to book your tickets for flight offshore can they give you an indication of what day it will be ready for approval?

Did you go to Oz on a tourist visa then? We have that as our back up plan if things get delayed...

Guest sarafin
Maybe try calling our CO is DP and he sometimes takes a while to reply to emails so found it easier to call, after all we pay the money so they are there to help

:biggrin:

Ahhh but I'm scared to call! hahah :arghh:

Guest Sparticus

Hi just an update

Although we recieved the email dec 14th saying we met partner requirements and no further information was required, we still have not heard anything.

We have booked our flights for 25th Feb and our agent sent a copy of our flight details to our CO today.

Our application was lodged mid August and in a previous e mail CO said the earliest he would hope to grant would be 13th Jan..........Well, thats been and gone!

Mmmm, shall we start stressing again?

Has anyone else lodges around this time and whats your situation at present??

Guest Sparticus

Just checked old e mails and seen that payment was taken and CO was to be assigned on 13th August.

First e mail recieved from CO was 24th August requesting more info.

So the 5 month period is over by 4 days.....4 WHOLE DAYS!! Lol

Cant start all that stressing again:twitcy:

Hi Sparticus - my timings were similar to yours. Posted Mid Aug some time, cannot find exact date.....received confirmation email 3 Sept 2010. Asked for health check 22 Sept 2010. It was queried due to family health history and sent to head office in Oz. After some chasing and pestering for the answer to this I received :

"I would like to advise that your medical reports have been cleared and

your visa will be granted at the end of February 2011 as advised before" on 27/10.

She hadn't advised me before but I will let her off, its what I wanted to hear! So if yours was similar timings you could be waiting till than. Had a friend submitted theirs at same time and they were also told end Feb. Hope this settles you!:biggrin:

Guest Sparticus

"I would like to advise that your medical reports have been cleared and

your visa will be granted at the end of February 2011 as advised before" on 27/10.

She hadn't advised me before but I will let her off, its what I wanted to hear!

Thats so funny, thats happened to me before but from my Migration Agent. I think they are simply overloaded and get easily confused!

I would LOVE to call CO and ask but Migration Agent has told me not to, mores the pity!

February will be 6 months, thats ages!

We shall see what response we get from CO after recieving copy of flight details.

September 14th our application was recieved and payment taken - Feb 9th we have been told it will be ready. Now they are back of xmas holidays i'd give em a buzz and just say you would like to book your tickets for flight offshore can they give you an indication of what day it will be ready for approval?

Did you go to Oz on a tourist visa then? We have that as our back up plan if things get delayed...

Yeah 6 month tourist visa....ive got one stubborn CO I have said I would like to book flights and he has already told me its being granted so oh well could be worse!

Partner visa subclass 100 - front loaded

Australia House London received application 15/11/2009

Money taken 16/11/2009

17/11/2009 Received letter to say my Australian husband needed police checks from Uk and Oz as my daughter was moving with us and he was not biological father, laws had just changed.

Visa granted 7/12/2009

Moved to Sydney Feb 8th 2010