SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Same to you!

Friday was like waking up thinking it was Christmas day, only being told I'm not getting my pressies till New Years Day!

SteEyns,

I dont think we have the same CO (mines female) but mine was handed in on the same day.

Hoping to hear today or sometime this week.

Cross fingers for you.

Hi There

I'm new to this forum and have found this particular thread really useful.

My partner and I are in the process of pulling together all the required info for the Partner Visa Application and aim to get this submitted by the end of September.

Reading the current comments, it seems that processing times are 4 months or has this increased to 5-6 months recently? Assume you are given a rough timeline once the application is submitted and in general these are currently adhered to?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks a mil

Hi Sammac

Yes recently, any applications received after July 1st, have been given a rough timescale of 5-6 months.

I guess now the election has been sorted in Australia, there is a chance the time of processing may be reduced...

Thank you so much for all your good wishes and support.

Where are you going Yugoj and when?

Wishing everyone else all the best I hope those visas start popping through now. But call the CO when you get to your date!

We're off on 26th November - to Perth!! Currently on holiday in Canada so planning has been put on hold for a few weeks (but i'm still on PIO - can't stay away!!) When I get back need to concentrate on selling our furniture etc as we only want to ship out a 'few' boxes. May turn into a few dozen though.

Good thinking - we are taking the best part of all our furniture and stuff!!

Enjoy Canada. Wishing you well,

Sharon

We're off on 26th November - to Perth!! Currently on holiday in Canada so planning has been put on hold for a few weeks (but i'm still on PIO - can't stay away!!) When I get back need to concentrate on selling our furniture etc as we only want to ship out a 'few' boxes. May turn into a few dozen though.

Guest MadChicken

Congrats to you guys who have just been granted your visas and Sharonp53!!! im so happy for ya glad you got it through in the end..

I arrived in oz on saturday,,all good so far..

Hope to see more visas coming through soon! best of luck guys..

Guest garysgirl63

Hi all...haven't been on for a while...waiting now in Aust for my partner visa on a tourist visa so I can be with my OH. I wondered if anyone can answer a question? I just had an email from my CO asking for an Australian police clearance as I previously spent 17 months here. How do I go about that...do I use the CR5O1 form?

Thanks in advance

Thanks MadChicken - I am thrilled you have arrived safely and hope all goes well for you.

Where are you now? Are your family with you?

Let us know how you are doing.

Wishing you well,

Sharon

Congrats to you guys who have just been granted your visas and Sharonp53!!! im so happy for ya glad you got it through in the end..

I arrived in oz on saturday,,all good so far..

Hope to see more visas coming through soon! best of luck guys..

Guest garysgirl63

Hi again....ignore my last comment....I just re read my CO's email and there is a link at the bottom to the form I need, which has answered my question, lol. :embarrassed:

Guest MadChicken

Thanks Sharonp53,, no all my family are in the uk, Ive moved back to brisbane.. Sunny QLD I love it!! Back in my ozzy commodore!! just gotta sort my some work and fight through a little more red tape for work licences ect.. Ru heading to perth??

Nope, just up the road, to the Sunshine Coast! My family are nearly all in Brisbane and GC.

I am so sorry to hear you have had to leave your family behind. I really hope you have them with you soon. When did you apply?

Thanks Sharonp53,, no all my family are in the uk, Ive moved back to brisbane.. Sunny QLD I love it!! Back in my ozzy commodore!! just gotta sort my some work and fight through a little more red tape for work licences ect.. Ru heading to perth??

Just got an email from my CO saying that he is satisfied we meet the relationship requirement so hopefully this means we just have to sit and wait I am looking at Jan/Feb so I will just have to make the most of my last Christmas in the cold

Guest sweet tooth
Can i just ask a question please? From when does the timeline start, is it from when they take the money or when they assign a CO?

Hey Swifty99,

When I spoke to my CO, it he took it from when my Application arrived/lodged and payment went through at Australia House, and other people seem to have the same experience.If you applied before 21st July it seems you are looking at a 4 month calender wait ie from say 4th May to 4th Sept. After end of July it sounds like it went up to 5-6 months wait.

Mine was longer - see my timeline.

I think it depends entirely on the luck of the draw. I had a change of CO part way through and that can happen to anyone, although in this situation we all hope not.

It is a dreadful process, everything is on hold, and this forum and our emails, take on gargantuan significance.

Good luck and I hope things happen more quickly for you than it did for us.:hug:

Hey Swifty99,

When I spoke to my CO, it he took it from when my Application arrived/lodged and payment went through at Australia House, and other people seem to have the same experience.If you applied before 21st July it seems you are looking at a 4 month calender wait ie from say 4th May to 4th Sept. After end of July it sounds like it went up to 5-6 months wait.

I hope it will be less, and it probably will be, but for the sake of your sanity it will be easier if you can work on that basis, that's for sure.

:biggrin:

Our visa was received and payment taken yesterday so i take it that will be 6 months from yesterday now waiting for a CO to be assigned i see that can take anything upto 2 weeks?

:biggrin:

Hi all,

Just thought i would add my stats to the stat party.

Using Go Matilda.

App lodged at AHC 19th Aug

Medical requested 1st Sept. Med done 13th sept.

Police check sent to Go matilda 14th sept. Just the waiting game now.

Crown coming on 20th sept.

Wife going out on the 17th oct with the little fella so i have a whole month without seeing them. I know not as long as some of you guys, but i have never been away from my wife for 10 years.So it will be a very long month for me.

Flight booked to go out on tourist visa 19th Nov.

Andy

So I am off to Oz tomorrow tourist visa waiting for my offshore partner visa there!

Keep the visa's rolling in.

Goodbye UK

Hi There

Interested in your comment above. We had thought about doing similar, applying for the partner visa here and then heading out to Oz to await the visa being granted but we weren't sure this was possible? Don't supppose you have any other info on this?

Otherwise happy travels and all the best.

Thanks

Hi There

Interested in your comment above. We had thought about doing similar, applying for the partner visa here and then heading out to Oz to await the visa being granted but we weren't sure this was possible? Don't supppose you have any other info on this?

Otherwise happy travels and all the best.

Thanks

Providing your case officer is aware of your plans, travelling to Australia on a tourist visa is fine. But bear in mind you have to be out of Australia when the visa gets granted - i.e. you need to fly out to New Zealand or back to the UK and enter Australia again on your partner visa.

Providing your case officer is aware of your plans, travelling to Australia on a tourist visa is fine. But bear in mind you have to be out of Australia when the visa gets granted - i.e. you need to fly out to New Zealand or back to the UK and enter Australia again on your partner visa.

Thanks Peach, so it is possible then that I wouldn't need to come the whole way back to the UK and it could be as simple as popping across to NZ?

Thanks