SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

The whole process is frustrating, there's so much uncertainty... it wears me our just thinking about it! We're heading to Perth, as my finace is originally from there. He's been over in the London with me for 6 years now, so it's only fair we head back and hey I'm not complaining :) How about you?

I'm just praying that it doesn't get to 4 month mark and then we get the dreaded '5-6month processing' message.

We are off to Perth too! Hoping to be away in March. Where in Perth will you be staying?

Have you been before?

:smile:

Guest GeorgeD
I'm just praying that it doesn't get to 4 month mark and then we get the dreaded '5-6month processing' message.

At the moment I think the standard email disclaimer says 5-6 months...but if you applied before that change was announced then they appear to have been keeping to the 4 month timescale. Fingers crossed anyway, I applied around the same time as you!!

We are off to Perth too! Hoping to be away in March. Where in Perth will you be staying?

Have you been before?

Awesome! Freo initially but may look to move south at a later date. You? We're getting married next year in the Margaret River :) Yep, lived in Mt Lawley for a yr in 2005.

You'll deffs have you visa granted in time.. stay positive!!!

In hindsight we probs shouldn't have booked our flights until we had a decision, if the processing times change again we'll lose so much money. We've both handed our notices in too... arrrgh.

At the moment I think the standard email disclaimer says 5-6 months...but if you applied before that change was announced then they appear to have been keeping to the 4 month timescale. Fingers crossed anyway, I applied around the same time as you!!

Yep, our new CO said that for anyone that applied in June or before they are still trying to honour the initial 4month guideline. He said several times that "there was a very good chance it will be granted early Oct" - so I guess that's a good sign but who knows. Fingers crossed for u too

Have you been before?

We are off to perth next week woohoo:jiggy:

Guest sunnibee

Have you been before?

OhhhhI'll be in Carmel, near kalamunda, Perth near the end of the year hopefully sooner dependant on visa. My partner has a crystal business there and all kinds of people come up.I do Holistic therapies so if anyone wants the address as a 'hello' point there are plenty of ex pats who go up there and ME lol xxxxxx:wub:

Awesome! Freo initially but may look to move south at a later date. You? We're getting married next year in the Margaret River :) Yep, lived in Mt Lawley for a yr in 2005.

You'll deffs have you visa granted in time.. stay positive!!!

In hindsight we probs shouldn't have booked our flights until we had a decision, if the processing times change again we'll lose so much money. We've both handed our notices in too... arrrgh.

Love freo! I will be in Cottesloe! I went to Uni in Mt Lawley, cool place too!

Good Luck and you stay positive too!

:cute:

OhhhhI'll be in Carmel, near kalamunda, Perth near the end of the year hopefully sooner dependant on visa. My partner has a crystal business there and all kinds of people come up.I do Holistic therapies so if anyone wants the address as a 'hello' point there are plenty of ex pats who go up there and ME lol xxxxxx:wub:

How funny we are going Forestfeild bottom of kalamunda but then into Mt Lwaly once we settle...

We always used to go up into the hills lol

Guest williamtguest

Hi all,

Can someone please help us. My english partner and myself (Aussie) are looking to migrate. We have 2 beautiful children together which were born in england. We are all looking to migrate and was wondering:

1. Do i (australian,male father) need to in Q41 to fill out a stat dec to allow the kids to migrate? the question is a little confusing.
  2. If so what form do i need? Is there a specific stat dec form to fill out?
  3. Who and how do we get it signed
  4. Also how do we certify any of our documents as the police do no longer offer this service in the uk. Can it be a doctor? or does it need to be done through a solicitor?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks Troy & Marie.

1. Do i (australian,male father) need to in Q41 to fill out a stat dec to allow the kids to migrate? the question is a little confusing. No but you should ensure that you're children already have their australian passports - so they don't need to be on the applicaiton.

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. Also how do we certify any of our documents as the police do no longer offer this service in the uk. Can it be a doctor? or does it need to be done through a solicitor? Here's who can certifty in the UK: dima_cert - Australian High Commission

Good luck :biggrin:

Guest sunnibee
How funny we are going Forestfeild bottom of kalamunda but then into Mt Lwaly once we settle...

We always used to go up into the hills lol

My O/H proposed to me in the hills..at the 'look out where you can see over Swan River...( All say ahhhh please :laugh:) Well if you fancy a trip from Forrestfields to say hi its on Welshpool Rd East no 344 : ) O/h's daughter lives in Forestfield, what a SMALL world it REALLY is ! x

Guest sunnibee
I think we should have a spouse/ defacto get together for all going to Perth!

Who fancies it?

:jiggy:

I'm up for it ..deffo.I'll be in England for another 6 weeks .........so :hug:

And I'd love a natter as I'm going over alone!!! :spinny:

My O/H proposed to me in the hills..at the 'look out where you can see over Swan River...( All say ahhhh please :laugh:) Well if you fancy a trip from Forrestfields to say hi its on Welshpool Rd East no 344 : ) O/h's daughter lives in Forestfield, what a SMALL world it REALLY is ! x

My partner worked on welshpool rd at the vets hahahaha small world is an understatement!

I think we should have a spouse/ defacto get together for all going to Perth!

Who fancies it?

:jiggy:

Great idea Emmaroo!

Lets do it everyone! I'm also off to Perth. I'm one of the lucky ones who already has the visa (see timeline in my signature) but I still hang around on this forum, and especially on this thread. Is that sad??

Shame that Emmaroo isn't going over until March though and would feel bad missing her out on the first meet up in Perth. But is everyone else planning on being there by Christmas? My flight is booked for 26th Nov. If we do meet up earlier, I'm sure we'll all still be in contact when she gets over there.

Even though we're all (mostly) with Aussie other halves, we'll still need each other's support as I'm sure we'll continue to come across hurdles even when out there. For example I'm slightly worried the lack of stamp in my visa (it's issued electronically) is going to cause a problem or two like someone else on here mentioned.

I don't want to take this thread off track too much. Maybe we should start a new thread in the Perth section of the forum to get all of us Perth De Factos together and in contact?

Good luck with all your 4 month dates everyone. :hug:

Great idea Emmaroo!

Lets do it everyone! I'm also off to Perth. I'm one of the lucky ones who already has the visa (see timeline in my signature) but I still hang around on this forum, and especially on this thread. Is that sad??

Shame that Emmaroo isn't going over until March though and would feel bad missing her out on the first meet up in Perth. But is everyone else planning on being there by Christmas? My flight is booked for 26th Nov. If we do meet up earlier, I'm sure we'll all still be in contact when she gets over there.

Even though we're all (mostly) with Aussie other halves, we'll still need each other's support as I'm sure we'll continue to come across hurdles even when out there. For example I'm slightly worried the lack of stamp in my visa (it's issued electronically) is going to cause a problem or two like someone else on here mentioned.

I don't want to take this thread off track too much. Maybe we should start a new thread in the Perth section of the forum to get all of us Perth De Factos together and in contact?

Good luck with all your 4 month dates everyone. :hug:

Hi Jo

I would hate to stand in the way of a party so please don't hold off on my behalf! Get partying Perth people!!

I think you can send your passport to AH requesting a label for your passport!

Emma

x

Hi all,

There seems to be quite a lot of discussion on here as to how appropriate it is or isn't to contact COs as to the status of applications.

Just wanted to pass on that I contacted my CO today to find out whether my medical had been received (was sent to AH 3 weeks ago) and I received a reply on email 2 hours later. This is only the 2nd time I have been in touch with AH, but I have to say that so far I am impressed at how quickly they have responded to me and I haven't got the impression that I am hassling them or putting them out - in fact both responses have been very helpful. Perhaps I have just been lucky with my CO?

The email also said that the current processing time for my visa was still 4 months, but that this was subject to change, though they would hope to honour this 4 month time line wherever possible. Of course I undertstand that this could change any time but so far, so good!

Hope this may help some of you! And breathe....!

Kat

x

Guest GeorgeD
Hi all,

The email also said that the current processing time for my visa was still 4 months, but that this was subject to change, though they would hope to honour this 4 month time line wherever possible. Of course I undertstand that this could change any time but so far, so good!

Hope this may help some of you! And breathe....!

Kat

x

This is exactly the kind of update we are all desperate to hear...thank you!! I'm waiting till the end of next week before I phone mine. If I am sane enough by that point to do it...

Hey there,

Originally MN and now JF? It's so frustrating... if I hadn't have called our file could have potentially 'got lost' in the pile as the new CO was not aware of our case at all.

Keep me posted on your progress as our applications are days apart. fingers crossed hey!

My co's initials are MN - think I'd better phone... thanks for letting us know.

Hi all,

Can someone please help us. My english partner and myself (Aussie) are looking to migrate. We have 2 beautiful children together which were born in england. We are all looking to migrate and was wondering:

1. Do i (australian,male father) need to in Q41 to fill out a stat dec to allow the kids to migrate? the question is a little confusing.

2. If so what form do i need? Is there a specific stat dec form to fill out?

3. Who and how do we get it signed

4. Also how do we certify any of our documents as the police do no longer offer this service in the uk. Can it be a doctor? or does it need to be done through a solicitor?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks Troy & Marie.

I can’t help with the kidlies part of things as I don’t have any... but -

I got my docs certified by a police DI, a friend of mine, and my co said that was ok for some of my docs but I had to get the more important ones (birth cert, marriage cert, deed poll) certified again by a solicitor or a jp. I phoned one solicitor’s office and they were going to charge me £3.00 / doc, I phoned another and he did it for free, so best to phone a few to check.

It is easier to take the originals to the solicitor and let them photocopy the docs. If they do the photocoping they then just use a ‘true copy’ stamp, sign and date it. If you take in the photocopies you have to certify they are a true copy of the original and then they have to witness your signature underneath.

Good luck!! :jiggy:

This is exactly the kind of update we are all desperate to hear...thank you!! I'm waiting till the end of next week before I phone mine. If I am sane enough by that point to do it...

Wow, just seen your time line - you may have your visa in a week! That would be superb! Fingers crossed for you. Can't believe I might still have 2 more months of this to do. I never imagined it would be this hard waiting. :arghh: