SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi

Well that's the interview under our belts and it was easy peasy! Our CO was lovely and made us feel very relaxed about everything.

He said that he was scoring us for a subclass 100 and to give him a call mid oct for the outcome but that everything was looking good!

He also said that there had been a meeting today and that people who had applied before all the recent announcements would still be looking at 4 months which is great news for us all!

Yipee!

:jiggy:

Glad to hear it all went well, knew you would do fine. :jiggy:

As for the other news - how fantastic is that, just what we were hoping for! Thanks for making my day.

Guest Wwelshbornandgenuine

I applied on 16/6/10,co e mailed on 24th asking for med am pc,which was undertaken before end of june.

Have I applied before the recent announcements ??

Guest yugoj
I applied on 16/6/10,co e mailed on 24th asking for med am pc,which was undertaken before end of june.

Have I applied before the recent announcements ??

My email from my CO dated 3rd Aug said : "following a directive from the Australian Government last week, processing times are now 5-6 months from the date of lodgement."

So the 'announcements' were the w/c 26th July. Therefore, in answer to your question I would say 'yes'. :biggrin:

Hi

Well that's the interview under our belts and it was easy peasy! Our CO was lovely and made us feel very relaxed about everything.

He said that he was scoring us for a subclass 100 and to give him a call mid oct for the outcome but that everything was looking good!

He also said that there had been a meeting today and that people who had applied before all the recent announcements would still be looking at 4 months which is great news for us all!

Yipee!

:jiggy:

Think I can appreciate how relieved you both are! Great news!

Thanks also for passing on your knowledge re: timescales. We have the same CO, and I was waiting for the dreaded 5-6 month email but perhaps I won't get it afterall...fingers crossed!

Guest Thamby

Good new for you Emmaroo sounds like you could have it in the bag!

Our application is going in any day now.... I am thinking of dropping in my police checks to Australia house in person 2moro morning as we are on holiday for 2 weeks.

Would anyone advise against it? I cant see it being a problem as I am doing my medical Monday and they said my agent would just have to notify the CO as soon as the application goes in.

??

Guest yugoj

I would advise against sending in your police checks before your application. There's a risk they may get lost and not matched up with your main application. And as these are originals they'd be a pain to get again.

As soon as a CO is assigned to you they will contact you and request you send in the police checks. The 4 month wait period is from when you drop in your main application form (and they take the money) so it'll make no difference as to which time you send in the police checks. Enjoy your holiday and send them in when you get back.

We applied mid April and it took another month or so to get the extra info and police checks sent in (we were stranded due to the volcano for a few weeks). They got matched up no problem as they were sent direct to the correct CO and with our REF on the envelope too. This has made no difference to our timeline at all.

Hi all. It's nice to read some cheery posts today after what's been going on in the last week. Hopefully what Emmaroo has been told is correct and those of us who submitted prior to the end of July will be put back on the 3-4 month processing timeframe.

I'll have to contact my CO next week and see if this is the case as maybe a move at the end of October is back on and I need to get back into move mode! :wideeyed:

Guest Thamby
I would advise against sending in your police checks before your application. There's a risk they may get lost and not matched up with your main application. And as these are originals they'd be a pain to get again.

As soon as a CO is assigned to you they will contact you and request you send in the police checks. The 4 month wait period is from when you drop in your main application form (and they take the money) so it'll make no difference as to which time you send in the police checks. Enjoy your holiday and send them in when you get back.

We applied mid April and it took another month or so to get the extra info and police checks sent in (we were stranded due to the volcano for a few weeks). They got matched up no problem as they were sent direct to the correct CO and with our REF on the envelope too. This has made no difference to our timeline at all.

Thanks I think I will do that then.... I actually got two copys just in case one got lost lol. We are going down so my partner can vote and I will ask a few questions as we are going back in september:arghh:

Guest DaveBecs

Evening All

Just got home to an email from my CO confirming he is happy to grant my VISA, YIPPEEE, just need to post my passport to him

Im so pleased, thanks to everyone for all your help in getting me there and good luck to everyone who is still waiting

My front loaded defacto application was rec'd by Australia house on 31/03, further info sent on 06/04, visa granted 05/08!!!!!

Guest yugoj

Congrats DaveBecs - and thanks for jumping on POI to let us know as soon as you got it. Maybe what Emmaroo was told is true? That they are letting us 'oldies' go through on the 4 month rule.

If so, looking at your timeline I've only got a few more weeks to go....

Evening All

Just got home to an email from my CO confirming he is happy to grant my VISA, YIPPEEE, just need to post my passport to him

Im so pleased, thanks to everyone for all your help in getting me there and good luck to everyone who is still waiting

My front loaded defacto application was rec'd by Australia house on 31/03, further info sent on 06/04, visa granted 05/08!!!!!

Congrats

Guest yugoj
Evening All

Quick question DaveBecs (and also to put our thread back to page one :biggrin:)

I thought that the visas are being issued electronically now. I've read other posts where people are being told they don't need to send the passport off because the visa is electronically linked to the passport. Do you know why you have to send yours off? Is it because you have an old style passport?

Thanks,

Jo

Guest siamsusie

I thought that the visas are being issued electronically now. I've read other posts where people are being told they don't need to send the passport off because the visa is electronically linked to the passport. Do you know why you have to send yours off? Is it because you have an old style passport?

Thanks,

Jo

Hi Jo the visas are issued electronically, but I work away in asia every fortnight and found it beneficial to have my visa stickied into my passport. Saves a lot of hassle on the odd occasions... cheers Susie

Guest Thamby

Congrats Dave and Becs!

I am taking my medical Monday and wanted to double check that forms 26 and 160 are the correct forms to fill out and take along?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Guest DaveBecs

Thanks,

Jo

Hi

I have a new style passport. He did say that are stored electronically, but needed to check my passport and see that its in good condition??

Becs

Evening All

Congrats & good luck!

:cute:

Our CO has told us to call him mid October for visa decision! :eek:but do you also get an email confirming decision or is the answer only given over the phone?

Thanks

Emma

It depends which box you ticked on the form for preferred communication with AH: email, telephone or letter.

Edit: You will get some kind of formal communication, explaining what you have to do next (initial entry dates etc)..

Thanks Peach for answering my question....I have another one now!

I know there are posts about this but I am not too bright so bare with me! As far as I gather now all visas are electronic so therefore no sticker unless you have ' old' style passport, what is 'old' style passport?

Emma