SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest MadChicken
I mailed my CO yesterday as it was 3 months to the day since I handed in my application for defacto permanent visa.

The response was 'applications are currently taking 4 months from the date of application to be finalised'.

He asked me to contact him again on 13th Aug when he should be able to tell me the outcome of my visa.

So those who are getting approved in under 4 months are very lucky (my visa was straightforward with no complications).

Sorry its taking so long for ya mate, my app was on 30th april so i was wondering and hoping you would get yours this wk as my app date is pretty close to yours, looks like i might be waiting till 30th of Aug for mine then mate. The sheila wont be happy!

Not long and youll be back mate.

Hi new to this forum, applied for Prospective marriage visa at London office 08.07.10, 18.07.10 co appointed med and extra info requested 21.07.10 medical 22.07.10, 06.07.10 email from co confirming that medicals and other information requested had been recieved, now just quietly rocking in the corner trying to remain sane. Best diet I have ever been on, didn't for one second expect to feel this stressed. Oh and wedding booked 20.10.2010 stressssss. I need my visa, I am a teaching assistant who breaks up 23.10 and wanted to be back with oh by 07.08.10 fingers crossed

Have you booked flights? Let your CO know if you have. Cheers and Good Luck!

I mailed my CO yesterday as it was 3 months to the day since I handed in my application for defacto permanent visa.

The response was 'applications are currently taking 4 months from the date of application to be finalised'.

He asked me to contact him again on 13th Aug when he should be able to tell me the outcome of my visa.

So those who are getting approved in under 4 months are very lucky (my visa was straightforward with no complications).

My agent got told the same our CO said contact him 9th August as we asked when we hit 3 months then 6 days later ours was granted. So it's not always the case it may be granted sooner. We certainly wasn't expecting to get get ours granted so soon after he had said not to contact him till 9th August. My case wasn't straight forward either as both my daughters medicals were referred as they are both hearing impaired,

Hey Maybeamy Good luck with your app mate!! but wow your weddings not far off! why wait so long to put the app in or book the wedding so early? have you been advised a processing time for your app? Most people ive seen on here have been waiting at least 3 months some 5!! even when they are married for 10yrs, have kids and a house.

Did you book the wedding so close to the date of app in hope youd get processed faster ? If it does take the full processing time hopefull it will be 3months to the day so you get a bit of a chance to prepare for the big day.

My mate flew into oz and had to get married 2 days after arrival for having to wait for his pm 300 visa. poor lad went from uk winter to ozzy summer, never seen a bloke sweat in a suit so much!

Wish you the best mate, will be interesting to see how fast they process your app with it been so close to the wedding date.

It was 8.06.10 I applied I made a mistake on original post, when we looked into this visa in Dec 09 they were only taking 3-6 weeks to process, and I didn't want to put application in too soon! ( agghhh hindsight) as I had my final exams May 27th, so finished and passed these then sent in application, I break up for the 6 weeks holidays next friday, and thought I would be merrily packing, we actually booked the wedding in February, when october seemed a world away.

Here is my info, so far...

Application lodged by post 5 July 2010 (toploaded with police check) - 47SP and 40SP

Received email confirming receipt from London office on 15 July by CO and asked for further information.

I found it rather strange that I wasn't asked for Meds info at this point. Did anyone else find this?

Yiikes. Its all very scary. Like the mother of all job interviews.

Application lodged by post 5 July 2010 (toploaded with police check) - 47SP and 40SP

Received email confirming receipt from London office on 15 July by CO and asked for further information.

I found it rather strange that I wasn't asked for Meds info at this point. Did anyone else find this?

AB is our CO too!

AB is our CO too!

Wow! Have you had much contact with him and if so have you found he responds to emails etc? How long ago did you lodge your app? (I haven't been around for a while and am completely out of the PIO loop)

Hope its all going well for you.

Its a small world! :cute:

Glad that your CO is quick in replying, ours certainly isn't. Sent a question off to him first thing Monday morning and no response as yet. I guess he could be out of the office but we will probably ring on Monday to see if we can get hold of him.

Glad that your CO is quick in replying, ours certainly isn't. Sent a question off to him first thing Monday morning and no response as yet. I guess he could be out of the office but we will probably ring on Monday to see if we can get hold of him.

I can imagine the frustration. I think I'm going to find getting the balance between asking the questions I need to know answers to without harassing my CO a challenge.

Good luck with it all.

Eventually, you'll come to the realisation that it doesn't matter how many questions you ask of your CO - it won't get your visa granted any quicker. Unless of course you can show a good reason (e.g. flights booked, a job to go to, family illness etc). You're better off just letter nature take its course (I didn't follow my own advice and wish I had)... :wub:

Good advise Peach.

We only have the one (well, two really) question for our CO and that is if he can please give us a timeline for our medical referral and if he will please advise us of the result when it comes in. I am thinking that nothing has come back from Australia yet and so he is sitting on it until he does hear something. Unfortunately this logic is somehow not sinking into my head and I am still antsy. :twitcy:

Guest darmanin
Good advise Peach.

We only have the one (well, two really) question for our CO and that is if he can please give us a timeline for our medical referral and if he will please advise us of the result when it comes in. I am thinking that nothing has come back from Australia yet and so he is sitting on it until he does hear something. Unfortunately this logic is somehow not sinking into my head and I am still antsy. :twitcy:

hi,

do they send the medicals to australia? i thought they have their own doctors in house?

hi,

do they send the medicals to australia? i thought they have their own doctors in house?

They don't have doctors at Australia House. If your medical is graded B it gets sent to Sydney for the doctors there to review and make a decision. If you were given an A it doesn't need further review, so the CO in London can mark the medical as met.

Guest darmanin
They don't have doctors at Australia House. If your medical is graded B it gets sent to Sydney for the doctors there to review and make a decision. If you were given an A it doesn't need further review, so the CO in London can mark the medical as met.

oh i see and who grades them the doctor we went to?

Guest Paul in UK

My CO is called Andrew Bishop - don't suppose anyone here has him also and can tell me of any experiences of him? Long shot I know but worth a try!

I have AB as well.

Applied in April, still waiting.

I will wait until its been 3 months (Mon) and then contact him, i have been told to wait until then. I have no complaints...apart from not having my visa but i don't think its his fault. You will know when/if i get it!!!

I was asked for meds right at the start, it would have been ok if i hadn't have front loaded them but that was with a different CO, the original one left and then i moved to AB.

Hope all goes well though.

I have AB as well.

Applied in April, still waiting.

I will wait until its been 3 months (Mon) and then contact him, i have been told to wait until then. I have no complaints...apart from not having my visa but i don't think its his fault. You will know when/if i get it!!!

I was asked for meds right at the start, it would have been ok if i hadn't have front loaded them but that was with a different CO, the original one left and then i moved to AB.

Hope all goes well though.

thanks for this - and let us know when you get some great news!

I'ts not that I am in too much of a hurry (well, a quick answer would be lovely buy very unlikely) more aware that requests for information can be open to interpretation and I don't want to send in the wrong info!

Good luck

Guest sunnibee

AB certainly is .Its lovely that so many people are helping with these 'isues' I wouldnt hesitate recommending Dr Million in Manchester,

after my trip yesterday for my meds. I have a health issue that is the only thing that could delay my visa. He totallyput my mind at rest.

( medical negligence that caused 'issue') . Now everything is in, I'm nervously waiting. I've been told by CO Early Sept..x fingers xx

Well, no update anytime soon from our CO. OH rang them today and they are not in the office for another 3 weeks. Guess we will just have to wait out the results of the medical, though it is flipping stressful as our visa application does have the potential to fail on this point and if we need more information we would rather sort it out sooner rather then later! :sad:

Guest The Mandreks
Well, no update anytime soon from our CO. OH rang them today and they are not in the office for another 3 weeks. Guess we will just have to wait out the results of the medical, though it is flipping stressful as our visa application does have the potential to fail on this point and if we need more information we would rather sort it out sooner rather then later! :sad:

Is all the CO's at AH away or just yours? :unsure:

Kerry, Shane & Baby Jessica