SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest JayCook77
Well done on the paperwork emmaroo and christinenpete - now comes the waiting! :wink:

Jaycook - I was thinking you were supposed to be hearing this week - still no news... Are you tempted to ring today and 'remind' your CO? I would be!

I have decided to wait until 10am my time (15minutes time) and then I am going to call my CO and see whats happening, I am DONE with leaving him voice mails as so far that has got me NOWHERE, So I will call and call and call util he is there to actually talk to.

Sorry if thats annoying but unfortunately if someone says I will call you by Wednesday and doesn't then that makes me VERY worried and I need some answer before I get LESS worried.

Guest JayCook77

Called him and unfortunately got emotional about everything and was on the verge of crying, cus I have started organsiing everything this end and my Boss is demanding to kow WHEN I am going so now its very frustrating. My CO was wonderful about it all though and has said that he is going to look at it this afternoon and call me about it... I am gonna give him until 4pm before I call him back LOL....

Hope this is nearly the end of my waiting, Jess' Uni workload is really depressing us both and she needs me there so she doesn't have all this worry about when and if I might get the visa, its not helping her concentrate on her UNI work atall.

Guest rachandjon
Called him and unfortunately got emotional about everything and was on the verge of crying, cus I have started organsiing everything this end and my Boss is demanding to kow WHEN I am going so now its very frustrating. My CO was wonderful about it all though and has said that he is going to look at it this afternoon and call me about it... I am gonna give him until 4pm before I call him back LOL....

Hope this is nearly the end of my waiting, Jess' Uni workload is really depressing us both and she needs me there so she doesn't have all this worry about when and if I might get the visa, its not helping her concentrate on her UNI work atall.

Yeah, it must be hard when , as you have said before, you just want to get over there as soon as possible. Because my work doesn't finish until end of July I know I can't go until Augst, and it is still frustrating the hell out of me! Good luck with this afternoon, just think - in just a few hours you may well be celebrating! :hug:

Jay - good for you. Sounds like you have a CO that might be human - good luck, I hope you get that call this afternoon!:yes:

Jay - good for you. Sounds like you have a CO that might be human - good luck, I hope you get that call this afternoon!:yes:

Some COs are human - mine was. He fully understood how important the visa was to me and how distressing it was for me when the process didn't go smoothly. He didn't mind when I got emotional. I think it goes with the job.

Best of luck, pal.

aaawwww Jay :wubclub:, I hope you get an answer this afternoon, let us know what happens, will keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you :biggrin:

Tracey

Guest JayCook77

I today received the call regarding my Visa, Its now been granted to me and I posted my Passport off securely this afternoon, Can't wait to get it back and book my flight. All in all with chasing up and a few delays its only taken 2 months, Not bad atall.

My CO was very nice about pushing it through a bit quicker after I explained all my situation, Just lately it seems everything has started going wrong for me over here, I hope to begin a much happier and fullfilling life in Australia with my soon to be wife Jessica.

Thanks everyone for all your support and guidance and for those of you going through the process all I can advice is that you find something to do to take your mind off the waiting, It nearly drove me out of my mind.

Congratulations Jay! The wait is really unbearable - I don't think it's possible for words to convey how stressy it is. But now you have a new life ahead of you and I hope it works really well. Book those flights right away - you don't need to wait for your passport. The next few weeks will be the fastest of your life - in contrast to the last 8 which must have been the slowest.

I today received the call regarding my Visa, Its now been granted to me and I posted my Passport off securely this afternoon, Can't wait to get it back and book my flight. All in all with chasing up and a few delays its only taken 2 months, Not bad atall.

My CO was very nice about pushing it through a bit quicker after I explained all my situation, Just lately it seems everything has started going wrong for me over here, I hope to begin a much happier and fullfilling life in Australia with my soon to be wife Jessica.

Thanks everyone for all your support and guidance and for those of you going through the process all I can advice is that you find something to do to take your mind off the waiting, It nearly drove me out of my mind.

And another one bites the dust :o) Big congratulations! At last the immigration shackles are removed..

Guest JayCook77

Its been the most trying thing I have ever done in my life... LOL...

Got all my cases packed already, sad to say I have had them packed for over a month now...

Thinking that I am probably going to be flying out on 14th June 2010.

Guest rachandjon

Congratulations Jay! What a relief! Good luck with the move, the wedding and setting up your life in Aus. :biggrin:

Guest christinenpete

So after 8 years of planning and discussing, we finally got everything together and posted it this morning special delivery, should be at Aus house by 1pm monday :cool:

So let the waiting begin :biggrin:

So after 8 years of planning and discussing, we finally got everything together and posted it this morning special delivery, should be at Aus house by 1pm monday :cool:

So let the waiting begin :biggrin:

Good luck guys I hope it all goes smoothly for you :D let the waiting commence!!

Its been the most trying thing I have ever done in my life... LOL...

Got all my cases packed already, sad to say I have had them packed for over a month now...

Thinking that I am probably going to be flying out on 14th June 2010.

Jay - good for you. Good luck. I am sure you will get a warm welcome on arrival!:wubclub:

Guest EmilandMarleen

Congrats! Glad to hear someone else has been granted a Visa! Hopefully the rest of us will hear soon too. Good luck with the move!

Well done mate! Get out there with your missus and have a great life together!

Guest Sneezy Badger

This might be a bit off-topic, as I'm in Berlin, but I'm posting my stats here too:

Submitted all forms, including police checks and medical, for my 309 Partner Visa directly to the Australian Embassy here in Berlin, on June 2nd.

Received a case number via email the same day.

This might be a bit off-topic, as I'm in Berlin, but I'm posting my stats here too:

Submitted all forms, including police checks and medical, for my 309 Partner Visa directly to the Australian Embassy here in Berlin, on June 2nd.

Received a case number via email the same day.

Good Luck with you application hope it goes smoothly :biggrin:

Guest rachandjon

Right! The weekend is over, we have a chance of hearing again! My OH spent the weeekend (jokingly) asking if I thought they worked on the weekends - and still checking his emails 'just in case'. Now , remember, we have been told we will hear 'by the lastest' on the 8th June -

48 HOURS!!!! Oh boy, I can't wait to celebrate.

Guest Paul in UK
Right! The weekend is over, we have a chance of hearing again! My OH spent the weeekend (jokingly) asking if I thought they worked on the weekends - and still checking his emails 'just in case'. Now , remember, we have been told we will hear 'by the lastest' on the 8th June -

48 HOURS!!!! Oh boy, I can't wait to celebrate.

Good Luck, hope you hear soon.