SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest FedUp
I spoke to her at length, begged, pleaded, even lied. All she would say is "the terms of your visa application have all been met and you will receive your visa grant early in July". :wub:

Congrats! You've been waiting so long...at least now you know that you're getting your visa in approx. 4 weeks from now.:yes:

Guest JayCook77

I heard from my CO today, I forgot to fill in 1 box on my application so I emailled him the info. He says he will be calling me Tuesday or Wednesday to finalise it. I am sooooooo exstatic right now.... and its not even wednesday yet, I just hope everything goes well. If it does I hope to be in Australia again VERY soon.

Congrats to all who have heard about their Visas, Good luck to all those who haven't yet, and for those of you just applying may this be a lesson to you, CHECK CHECK and THEN TRIPLE CHECK every box on those forms....

Guest Welshfem

Hi Everyone,

You guys seem to be so far ahead of me...I am still trying to get all the paperwork together, which is a trauma....I've never had a full medical before. Can anyone tell me where I can book myself and my 9 year old son in for one?? Do I go to my GP or book in with BUPA or something??

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi,

you go to a doctor on the panel of doc's on the australian immigration website not your regular gp. my oh had his medical in dublin in feb and it was straight forward enough. nothing anybody really should worry too much over. the hardest part of the whole process is getting your paperwork together. best of luck everyone

Helen x :realmad:

Guest Welshfem

It's driving me mad....its taking forever. Its not easy as its all so subjective...what might be enough for one case officer may not be enough for the next.....fingers crossed for us both Emmaroo :-)

Guest Paul in UK
Hi Everyone,

You guys seem to be so far ahead of me...I am still trying to get all the paperwork together, which is a trauma....I've never had a full medical before. Can anyone tell me where I can book myself and my 9 year old son in for one?? Do I go to my GP or book in with BUPA or something??

Thanks in advance :-)

What ever you do don't go to your GP etc, you must go to one of the locations stated on the immigration site. They recently slashed the list of places so make sure its one of the one's on the list. You also have to get a chest x-ray and a blood check (HIV). Sounds all traumatic but it really is not bad at all.

The paperwork can be a nightmare, just think and do it one step at a time and try not to miss anything, it just adds to delays.

Good Luck

Guest Welshfem

Thanks Paul, that's helpful. Is it best to put the medical in with the application? I looked on the Immigration website and I am going to use Medical and Radiology Clinic, Knightsbridge Doctors (West End Branch) as stated....

Fingers crossed...

Thanks Paul, that's helpful. Is it best to put the medical in with the application? I looked on the Immigration website and I am going to use Medical and Radiology Clinic, Knightsbridge Doctors (West End Branch) as stated....

Fingers crossed...

I used them and they were very good. You can do it either way, to be honest from reading on here I don't think it makes too much difference when it comes to processing times unless you have any previous medical issues. Once you have a Case Officer they will request medicals. If you have the medical done first they normally send it direct to Australia House and then they match it up with your application. I had my medicals done about a week before my application went in and I think they arrived at Australia House around the sametime as you have to wait for the blood results and the doctor to fill the results in etc.

Good luck with your application I hope it goes smoothly for you.

9.4.2010 309/100 defacto application submitted meds and police check front loaded. 13.4.2010 CO assinged payment taken, daughters medicals referred and OH UK police check requested. 11.05.2010 OH UK police check sent to Australia House. 24.5.2010 informed that daughters have now met the health requirement and told 3-4 month processing times in place.... and waiting....

Hi

I am currently trying to complete form 40 SP and I am stuck and wonder if anyone who has done this could help?

Part E- About your Home

Is this your home in UK or where you will live in Australia?

Thanks in advance!

Emma

:cute:

Guest Paul in UK
Hi

I am currently trying to complete form 40 SP and I am stuck and wonder if anyone who has done this could help?

Part E- About your Home

Thanks in advance!

Emma

All my 'stuff' is at work but i'm pretty sure i just put down my current house in the UK. We don't have one in Australia…yet, it all seems chicken and egg!

I did/have used an agent but to be honest, now i've done it i'm sure i could have done it myself. If you have forgotten something your CO will flag it, even when using an agent they/i forgot bits and they just let you know what they need to proceed with your application.

Is there anyone doing this without an agent?

Emma

We are not using an agent and we have today finalised all our paperwork to send off tomorrow. We did talk to a Migration agent but they said it was unlikely that we needed the assistance of an agent. In the event that we have some issues with our visa due to the medical (partner is 2 years in remission from cancer and a stem cell transplant) then we will look at the best route for an appeal.

I hope that you have a speedy response to your visa application.

Hi

Part E- About your Home

Thanks in advance!

Emma

This is where you say where you live, where you will live if you are not already in Australia plus any pertinent information such as moving in with the in-laws in [insert city/state] whilst you look for your own place. Don't worry if you can't fit it into the box - you can scribble a legible note on the same page or add a note in the proper place at the back. :smile:

Guest christinenpete
Hi

Part E- About your Home

Thanks in advance!

Emma

Tried replying to this last nioght but my computer crashed :wacko:

We've put down our homne in the UK on the form.

We are not using an agent, but hopefully our case will be quite straightforward.

Just waiting for a stat dec to come back from Oz, then it's all being sent off... getting nervous now :eek:

Guest EmilandMarleen
Is there anyone doing this without an agent?

Emma

We aren't using an agent either. We just followed all the info in the booklet and I emailed Australia House a few times to ask some questions and that seemed fine for us.

In regards to the question about address, we put down our UK address but I also included a stand alone statement saying that we would be staying with my parents when we arrive in Australia.

Good Luck!

Guest Enci

Hi everyone, I am new here and i feel stressed about my application too"

This is my story: my de facto is australian, we have been together for 2 years and a half. I am finishing my law degree in venezuela so he came here to be with me while i studied and stayed here for a year and a half on a tourist visa, because veneuela is having all sorts of problems and we couldnt get his work visa. So i was studying and working to support us, while he took care of everything around the house and developed a close relationship to my family, as my parents live with me and my sister and her husband live across the street. He left caracas in march to start working in australia because we needed to prove he could support me (he has two university degrees).

we sent the following information:

- health checks

- good conduct certification (while awaiting for police checks to be issued) from the municipaity and form my university, as well as my accumulated GPA

- emails and phone bills from when we were apart, and between us and each other's families

- photos, boarding passes and delta itineraries to prove we have travelled together

- statements detailig the distribution of house work and why it was so hard to get him a work visa here

- statements explaining why he couldnt open and account here and all the money had to go through me, with copies of my bank statements from 12 months so they can see food and recreational expenses (we have a joint acount but we openned it australia in january so there isnt much money in there!)

- 8 stat decs: 4 from australians (including his dad and his sister) and 4 from venezuelans (including my mom and my sister)

- photos with each other's friends and family in important occasion such as christmas (we have been celebrating christmas together for 3 years now)

- certification from the neighbors association that we lived together for 1.5 years at our address

- 2 current payslips from his employer and my income tax declaration from 2009

- certified copies of all our docs to prove our identity

- receipt from cancellation of application fees at an office of the department of immigration

- and much much more.

I put everything in a binder that weighted 3 kilos! They are meant to receive the application today (sent it through DHL) in Chile. He is coming here to visit in July and we were hoping to head back to australia together. I called yesterday and they said that the application takes 3 days to be processed into their system from date of arrival.

I am seriously stressed as we didnt use an agent, we organized everything ourselves and we are worried about being asked for an assurance of support. Does anyone know what is the minimun dollars you have to have in savings in order not to be asked to get an assurance of support (AoS)?

Congratulations to all of you who got ur visa! even it it will be stamped in July :)

Here is my timeline:

sent 28/05/2010. Received at embassy 02/06/2010. waiting for it to be processed

Welcome to PIO, Enci :)

There is no published minimum amount of funds required for the partner visa. What they are primarily interested in is whether you are both able to work and if not, whether you will be expensive! In short, I wouldn't worry about that unless you have to. If your local embassy has any other requirements that differ to those on the main immigration site they should have information to that effect on their Web site.

Best of luck with your visa application. :smile:

I think Special Delivery post gets treated seperately to first class and is therefore probably less likely to go missing.

I asked Royal Mail about Special Delivery. I got the following response:

"Special Delivery items travel in their own separate mail stream to First

Class items of mail. They are tracked at each point of its journey

including when the item is out on delivery and when the item is delivered

or if we are unable to deliver the items. Items of First Class mail have

no tracking at all at any point on there journey."

Guest Enci

thanks yeahbut and happy lass!

What about typical questions during the interview? and is the interview mandatory for all cases or is it just to verify certain info?

thanks again!

---------

application sent 28/05/2010 / received 01/06/2010 / waiting for it to be processed...