SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I think it's about time Channel 7 did a fly on the wall show about what happens in the Visa offices.....I would love to know what they actually do, and why it takes soooooo long!! Do they ask for other info to come in from third parties?? Do they just leave the files to 'cook' somewhere and look at them periodically. Do they really read all the love letters and emails we send in as evidence?? Cor, they must have a right old laugh!

Haha. Good idea! I'd love to know too!

@Melibios who is packing you, we have had 4 quotes 3600-4700 but got them to reduce to 4200 :) not sure who to go with, all depends on who is packing you on the day. liked anglo pacific guy, seemed v clued up but been v pushy for the business... but its not them that pack us its packing guys...

think we planning to send stuff over mid december and hopefully get it in early feb.... and only a couple of weeks without in oz...

@Melibios who is packing you, we have had 4 quotes 3600-4700 but got them to reduce to 4200 :) not sure who to go with, all depends on who is packing you on the day. liked anglo pacific guy, seemed v clued up but been v pushy for the business... but its not them that pack us its packing guys...

think we planning to send stuff over mid december and hopefully get it in early feb.... and only a couple of weeks without in oz...

Is that £GBP costs?

Is there an average time a case officer gets allocated?

Depends. But don't start worrying if you don't hear anything for a while. CO generally only contact you when they have need to. You'll be asked in a while to undertake your medical and police check (these are usually done around the 6 month mark but may be asked for later if grant times are taking longer).

We've gone with Anglo Pacific, approx £3600 for a 20ft container, cheaper than pickfords which was our second choice. So far so good, but I'll let u know more after Monday and Tuesday when they pack everything and off it goes!!

Yeah its not cheap but we've had to sort everything out mega quick as the lady buying our house wanted a quick completion and I wanted to be back for Christmas :-)

I got our marine insurance through lLeyton percival, it's much cheaper to get it separately than with the shippers I found!

Hi All,

We applied for my partners 309/100 visa on the 23/02/2015 in London via hard copy post. Reading through this forum has been so helpful and both myself and my partner and has provided us with a bit of positivity in what has been a long and drawn out rollercoaster. It seems as though there has been some movement with grant letters of late and some people with similar lodgement dates are being approved now. Congrats to all! We are yet to hear anything, but this has given us some hope in the near future.

Did anyone else send their application in by post? Our application is not showing up on our immi account and I think this may be the reason.

Any advice? :)

Did anyone else send their application in by post? Our application is not showing up on our immi account and I think this may be the reason.

Any advice? :)

You sent it registered post and signature the other end is proof of lodging.

Did you get a receipt also if you paid by card/cheque?

Also your CO would have contacted you re medical and police check with the HAP id? Was there no case number on the email?

If you've been asked for those things then its all progressing as it should. Any further evidence would have been requested too if needed.

Tbh not much else to do other than wait.

Edited by Guest
typo

You sent it registered post and signature the other end is proof of lodging.

Did you get a receipt also if you paid by card/cheque?

Also your CO would have contacted you re medical and police check with the HAP id? Was there no case number on the email?

If you've been asked for those things then its all progressing as it should. Any further evidence would have been requested too if needed.

Tbh not much else to do other than wait.

Thanks.

We received a letter from our Case Officer stating that all documents were received and provided us with a client number. Medical and police check have been submitted, but I think we were a bit eager and should have read this forum before completing them. I believe they are only valid for 12 months and run out in Jan 16.

Thanks for your advice anyway. Hopefully we hear something soon :)

Thanks.

We received a letter from our Case Officer stating that all documents were received and provided us with a client number. Medical and police check have been submitted, but I think we were a bit eager and should have read this forum before completing them. I believe they are only valid for 12 months and run out in Jan 16.

Thanks for your advice anyway. Hopefully we hear something soon :)

Sounds like everything is ticking along. Nothing else you do except wait for the grant now.

You did the police check and medical prior to lodging. Ooops. Yes, they do expire. Unless the CO extends them it won't give your partner much time at all validate as the countdown clock starts ticking from the date of those, whichever is done first.

Did you have a HAP ID for the medical prior to lodging? The postal set up, you used to have to wait for the HAP ID which was emailed by the CO after you lodged.

and good start to the week, vias granted straight to 100 :) Good luck to the rest of you waiting hopefully not as long as me... nearly 11months... :)

Huge congrats!! I think you must have the prize for the longest wait for a while!! Now you can breath easy again - enjoy!

Hello!

I have just received the visa grant email! And still under 9 months ( by 2 days!), the London office must be on the roll!

Good luck everyone still waiting, its a long painful wait but the feeling once you get is fantastic. I don't know how I would have gone through this period without this forum!!!

Hello!

I have just received the visa grant email! And still under 9 months ( by 2 days!), the London office must be on the roll!

Good luck everyone still waiting, its a long painful wait but the feeling once you get is fantastic. I don't know how I would have gone through this period without this forum!!!

Fantastic news xx I have all crossed that ours is granted quickly itching to book flights :wink: