SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

OMG. it's through!! it's through!! Just got both emails confirming try partners 309 and the 100 visas!! 8 months and 2 days!!! I'm soooo excited we can go home!

Yay!! Fantastic! Congrats Kate!! :-)

Hmm now i'my definitely wondering why the 100 didn't come through!! Gonna email now!!

Roughly how long did it take people to get assigned a CO? And get info on the dates to do medical and police checks etc. It's been 3 months since we submitted the application online through the immi account. Got a letter/email straight away so it's definitely been submitted.

Anyone else apply August?

I'm worried there is a massive backlog from all the applications before the price increase in July - so the process is going to take much longer than it is now [emoji22]

We applied early July and only got our 1st email from case officer last week asking for medicals and police checks to be completed after 11th November. So was 4 months till heard anything!

Roughly how long did it take people to get assigned a CO? And get info on the dates to do medical and police checks etc. It's been 3 months since we submitted the application online through the immi account. Got a letter/email straight away so it's definitely been submitted.

I'm worried there is a massive backlog from all the applications before the price increase in July - so the process is going to take much longer than it is now [emoji22]

Hi Tracy, I applied 19th June & it took 8 weeks for me to get my co but I have heard people have waited longer.... Bet you'll be getting an email any day now :)

We applied early July and only got our 1st email from case officer last week asking for medicals and police checks to be completed after 11th November. So was 4 months till heard anything!

Who's yr co ? I've been told to do medical & police check on 19th December which is the 6 month mark...

We are in the same boat as you!! Applied August 8th and nothing since then :( hoping to hear something soon!

First time posting and first time using a forum so please bare with me if I make a lot of mistakes. Congrats to those who have had visas granted, it really is very pleasing seeing people get their visas granted, I submitted my partner visa on the 6th November and have so many worries about not doing it right and also going through all this and then for it not to be granted. Myself and my Aussie hubby live apart and don't get to be with each other much and find it extremely hard, so fingers crossed for us all

First time posting and first time using a forum so please bare with me if I make a lot of mistakes. Congrats to those who have had visas granted, it really is very pleasing seeing people get their visas granted, I submitted my partner visa on the 6th November and have so many worries about not doing it right and also going through all this and then for it not to be granted. Myself and my Aussie hubby live apart and don't get to be with each other much and find it extremely hard, so fingers crossed for us all

welcome sj3, u will find this forum very helpful, there's always someone on here that can answer yr questions. Everyone is very friendly and we're all in the same boat with the same worries! Many of us living apart from our hubbies or hubby to be so we know how yr feeling :) remember no question is a silly one so ask away :)

my partner and I applied in August and I foolishly went by the 5 month timeline on the immigration website without realising that London took so much longer *sigh*

my partner and I applied in August and I foolishly went by the 5 month timeline on the immigration website without realising that London took so much longer *sigh*

I was excited to see that too but then came on here and realised it wasn't correct [emoji22][emoji30] thankfully I am not in a rush and happily living in the UK with my husband and our 2 beautiful baby girls. I just want 'my mummy' now to help me with them! so after 10 years here it's time to go home and take my South African (but British citizen) to his new home (with all the cost and waiting involved in the process tho!).

P.S I love this forum - helped put my mind at ease so many times already and I am only right at the beginning of it all!

The given timeframe is 10-14 months. Even with a backlog, you'd expect them to grant within that timeframe. I'd not worry about it being delayed :)

Emailed the CO last night and received an email first thing this morning, turns out the 309 was an oversight as he shouled have granted the 100 instead. It's been granted now, so got the 100!! We're all good to go now! :-)

Flights for home booked on the 30th of this month!!

Good Morning

We have just come across this forum and finding it very helpful, we are just about to apply for a 309/100 visa and wanted to ask. We have been together now for just over 4 years and have lived together for 1 yr 9 mths, we are getting married later next year but would of applied for the visa already. Do we qualify for a straight 100 visa? or will a 309 be granted first?

Good Morning

We have just come across this forum and finding it very helpful, we are just about to apply for a 309/100 visa and wanted to ask. We have been together now for just over 4 years and have lived together for 1 yr 9 mths, we are getting married later next year but would of applied for the visa already. Do we qualify for a straight 100 visa? or will a 309 be granted first?

The time dating does not count. It's time as de facto will count. So if that's 1yr 9 months or a bit longer I'd expect the 309.

Edited by Guest
added a bit

take comfort I applied Dec 24th 2014.... still waiting... but only did my medical in september but seeing these shortened time frames making me very twitchy, thinking I may email....

Oh dear, thats almost 11 months! Maybe do email to give them a nudge?

Can I ask who is your CO? Mine is RN and working part-time which probably does not help things........

These time lines are just bizarre, what with some people waiting 11 months and others getting theirs much sooner! You'd think it was in order of application!!

Am not complaining as our visa grant saves us money on a trip to NZ (to activate it) but I kinda feel like I've cheated and skipped the que! Fingers crossed loads more visa's get granted in the lead up to Christmas!

Oh dear, thats almost 11 months! Maybe do email to give them a nudge?

Can I ask who is your CO? Mine is RN and working part-time which probably does not help things........

Original case office AW then changed to DP...

Think I will email tonight , I was going to email in December as flights are booked for Jan 4th and kids start school Jan 27th... but now wondering if CO off sick does someone take on their case load....

@Melibios do not feel guilty, just enjoy :)

Every application is totally different and we don't know the process behind the scenes - there must be a reason for the differences in allocation times.

I was told that they are just going to keep getting longer and more expensive as years go on [emoji22]

Wow so glad we didn't wait a few more years before applying then! It's expensive enough already and such a long wait too - we've had a few friends telling us when they applied many moons ago it only took a few weeks and didn't cost that much! Lol

Thanks lp77, think I'll start to enjoy it once finished packing up the entire house - the movers come on Monday and my little boy is making sure I pack everything at least twice!! :-)

I think it's about time Channel 7 did a fly on the wall show about what happens in the Visa offices.....I would love to know what they actually do, and why it takes soooooo long!! Do they ask for other info to come in from third parties?? Do they just leave the files to 'cook' somewhere and look at them periodically. Do they really read all the love letters and emails we send in as evidence?? Cor, they must have a right old laugh!