SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I might have had a bit of spare time on my hands, so I calculated the average time based on the grant times above... 9 months 2 weeks and 4.7 days! Not sure thsi hels anything though he he he!

I'm 2.7 days short of the average and leaving Perth to head back to Scotland tonight to wait for my PMV. Leaving my fiancé and her 2 boys here. Going to be emotional trip to the airport in a few hours. On the good side I get to see my niece and nephew who I've not seen in 15 months

Im sooo gutted for you! You emailed your CO right and gave them the nudge and that didnt work hey!?

Yeah my agent got in touch with the CO 2 weeks ago for a wee nudge but nothing. In a way I'm one of the lucky ones, my fiancé is coming to Scotland in 4 weeks for my brothers wedding. So we won't be apart that long. Just wish the CO said it will be 1 week 2 weeks or a month, then I know where I stand. If I was getting it in the next few days I'd have gone a sat on a beach in Bali instead of going back to Scotland. It's pretty poor the lack of information they give you.

Yeah my agent got in touch with the CO 2 weeks ago for a wee nudge but nothing. In a way I'm one of the lucky ones, my fiancé is coming to Scotland in 4 weeks for my brothers wedding. So we won't be apart that long. Just wish the CO said it will be 1 week 2 weeks or a month, then I know where I stand. If I was getting it in the next few days I'd have gone a sat on a beach in Bali instead of going back to Scotland. It's pretty poor the lack of information they give you.

Yea they are pretty bad at that hey! If only they gave you more of a realistic timeframe...

My Migration agent (not for this process but for my previous visa application) told me that the processing time was only 5 months, when I realised that he was looking at the website has been out of date for years, I just chuckled and lost my faith in him a bit!

Yea they are pretty bad at that hey! If only they gave you more of a realistic timeframe...

My Migration agent (not for this process but for my previous visa application) told me that the processing time was only 5 months, when I realised that he was looking at the website has been out of date for years, I just chuckled and lost my faith in him a bit!

We were told 5 months for low risk for the PMV and the thought that's magic we will have it in April only to be told by the Australian embassy in the UK 10-14 months. It's so far out of date. Well it won't be long now and the Perth summer won't be far away either. Back to the cold and very wet Fort William for 6 weeks, not sure how I'll cope. Got used to the nice weather pretty quick.

6 weeks will feel like along time but it will go quickly and you will be back before you know it, then hopefully all of this visa process will be a distant memory!

I really hope it doesnt come through just after you land home! now that would be a kick in the balls!

When is your wedding? are you having it in oz?

6 weeks will feel like along time but it will go quickly and you will be back before you know it, then hopefully all of this visa process will be a distant memory!

I really hope it doesnt come through just after you land home! now that would be a kick in the balls!

When is your wedding? are you having it in oz?

When we first got together last year we done 9 weeks apart before I came to OZ and that was hard.

We we are getting married in Scotland on the 9th April 2016 then having a blessing back in OZ on the 24th April so our friends and my partners family are all here.

It's a bit handy because we can sort some things out for wedding while we are back in Scotland. If my visa comes in the next few days I'd be gutted because I won't be able to come back till mid October anyway.

Just added my CO initials to the list we got VF , makes it more so real now whooooo

Hi guys,

I'm new to the website and stumbled across this list which is fantastic with time scales. I'm a little shocked by the time frames for approval. Is it really taking 9/10 months?

Im in the second stage of my visa approval which I think is the perm stage. Were looking to move July next year. But if the visa process times are taking 9/10 months. it's looking very tight! Has anyone had theirs processed sooner?

Im also still waiting on my police check as they sent it to the wrong person the first time!! So it's my last bit of info to submit. But my application was submitted in May.

Any by info on time scales would be a real help! Thank you!

Hi guys,

I'm new to the website and stumbled across this list which is fantastic with time scales. I'm a little shocked by the time frames for approval. Is it really taking 9/10 months?

Im in the second stage of my visa approval which I think is the perm stage. Were looking to move July next year. But if the visa process times are taking 9/10 months. it's looking very tight! Has anyone had theirs processed sooner?

Im also still waiting on my police check as they sent it to the wrong person the first time!! So it's my last bit of info to submit. But my application was submitted in May.

The 9-10 months is average. I'd not expect it much sooner than that as honestly, they don't seem to go much earlier these days than the stated time. Its been 9-10 months for a couple of years or so now so nothing changed there.

Second stage? Not sure what you mean. If you are off shore looking to move there is the off shore partner visa application and thats it. Depending on if you meet the criteria (length of time together, kids) you may get given PR from the off but otherwise its a temp visa that you then go onto PR after the two years providing you again meet the requirements and are still a couple.

Police check should only take a couple of weeks to come back. You got the ACPO one right? Have you taken your medical already? If so, when did you do that? Usually its midway between applying and grant time so as to give you around 6 months in which to make first entry into Aus.

If your partner visa isn't granted before you want to fly to Aus you need to ensure you inform your CO you plan to apply for a tourist visa and the date you want to fly to Aus. This may see your visa granted before you depart, it may not. But what it will help is that when you come to applying for your tourist visa you don't overlap the partner visa grant and cancel it out (that would not be good). Then be prepared to fly to Aus as a tourist and to go off shore for the 3 working days when your partner visa is ready to be granted.

Personally, I informed my CO 4 months ahead of time that I was intending to fly to Aus on X date and that I would be applying for a tourist visa within the next 2 weeks to ensure it was granted well in advance of the partner visa grant timeframe I'd be given. My CO replied and said this was fine but that they obviously could not say if the partner visa would be ready to grant before I left the UK (I was departing on the 9 month mark fwiw). I got my tourist visa within a few days then, all fine. And then 3 weeks later my visa grant notice came through, 2 months earlier than the earliest date I'd been told to expect (and please don't read this and think it will happen to you, I am talking a couple of years ago now when it was a 9 month time frame on average). So it was granted at the 7 month mark. But we always planned to go at the 9 month mark regardless so carried on and worked toward this the entire time from lodging.

For your move, given you lodged in May this year you appear to be on course for a grant before you fly next July. It would be well over a year at that point and if your CO has told you to expect 9-10 months then they should be working to that. I'd not stress overly about it, I think it'll be granted by July as it would be 14 months after lodging at that point.

Hi Fosh, welcome welcome. Maybe specify which visa you're waiting for and what the first stage you're referring to is, and we'll make sure we give the best info we have to you, cheers.

What are your visa subclass numbers? i.e. 300 / 100 / 820 (etc?)

Im in the second stage of my visa approval which I think is the perm stage.

Hi guys,

I just checked the Aus High Commission website and the timeframe they give is 10-14 months for PMV and partner visa applications.

http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_faqs.html#b

So based on May 2015, July 2016 would be the 14th month. I'd plan for the end of the month to be on the safe side if the 14 month timeframe is the maximum. Hopefully it'll be granted before this. It could be done at the 10 month mark, who knows. But work to the timescale they give there unless your CO has told you different in a communication with you. IIRC my CO stated in their first contact email with me the timeframe was 8-9 months and to not make any major plans prior to the visa grant etc.

Hi Fosh, welcome welcome. Maybe specify which visa you're waiting for and what the first stage you're referring to is, and we'll make sure we give the best info we have to you, cheers.

What are your visa subclass numbers? i.e. 300 / 100 / 820 (etc?)

i

hi guys,

im subclass 100. I applied for my visa 2 years ago received the first approval after 4 months and now they have asked me to apply for my second stage which I thought was called perm stage but God knows I get so confused with all the forms ect. I'm on the spousal visa as my husband is australian.

Hanks for the reply snifter lots of info! I am expecting my APCO police check in a few days. I haven't done my medical yet as I am waiting for the case officer to tell me to do it. I did it before for my first stage and I wasn't sure if I have to do it again.

Pi am currently residing in the UK when my initial visa was approved, and I visited Australia within the 1 year time frame from when it was approved and now I'm waiting for my perm visa to be approved then we will emigrate. ( I had a baby and a very complicated pregnancy which meant I could not emigrate after approval first time so we said we would wait until the perm application. Does this make sense? If not I can get more info.

i thought it would be so quick like a tick box exercise for them....australia husband that's legitimate...check. Baby...check...arguments like a normal couple...check haha!

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Good news Fosh - you're in the wrong thread.

We're all at stage 1. When you applied for Stage 1, you also applied for stage 2 at the same time.

Some people get granted stage 1 (the temporary 300 or 309) which took you 4 months, but is taking us 9 - 14 months (lucky you), and some people get granted stage 2 straight away (they go straight to the permanent 100).

Others, like you, have to wait the 2 years on the 309 (which you are on now but soon to finish, it seems) to get the 100, which you're about to do, it looks like.

I don't know how long it will take you though. They hardly make you wait all the time again? Anyone?

If you are not living in Oz while waiting for your stage two, you do need to do police checks and medicals again, but if you're in Oz, you don't have to do them again.

I'm not 100% on all this info, so just wait for a few others to confirm. It's unusual for someone to wait in the UK after they have their first visa approved, so there's not too many people in your position (I hope your health is better) - most people will be onshore in Australia when they are waiting for the permanent one.

Edited by Eifster

i

i am currently residing in the UK when my initial visa was approved, and I visited Australia within the 1 year time frame from when it was approved and now I'm waiting for my perm visa to be approved then we will emigrate.

It looks like you are already entitled to emigrate, as you already have the (temporary) partner visa. You really don't need to wait or get a tourist visa if you have the 309 already. You said you got that 4 months after you applied yeah?

These are your entitlements, from the government website, https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309- :

What you have now, I think:

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) lets you:

• enter Australia and stay here until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa

• work in Australia

• study in Australia, but with no access to government funding

• enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses.

What you are applying for now after waiting two years on the above one:

If you are later granted a permanent visa, you can:

• stay in Australia indefinitely

• work and study in Australia

• apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)

• sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence

• receive some social security payments

• travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time you will need another visa to enter Australia.

It looks like you are already entitled to emigrate, as you already have the (temporary) partner visa. You really don't need to wait or get a tourist visa if you have the 309 already. You said you got that 4 months after you applied yeah?

These are your entitlements, from the government website, https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309- :

What you have now, I think:

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) lets you:

• enter Australia and stay here until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa

• work in Australia

• study in Australia, but with no access to government funding

• enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses.

What you are applying for now after waiting two years on the above one:

If you are later granted a permanent visa, you can:

• stay in Australia indefinitely

• work and study in Australia

• apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)

• sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence

• receive some social security payments

• travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time you will need another visa to enter Australia.

Yeah, this. If you already have a partner visa you don't need a tourist visa to enter Australia. You'd enter on your partner visa. In fact, if you've validated your partner visa and the 5 years are not up you should still be able to enter Aus whenever. You'd just apply for the PR part at some point later on.

Don't go applying for a tourist visa if you already have a partner visa. It will not be good news as it will cancel the partner visa iirc.

i

hi guys,

im subclass 100. I applied for my visa 2 years ago received the first approval after 4 months and now they have asked me to apply for my second stage which I thought was called perm stage but God knows I get so confused with all the forms ect. I'm on the spousal visa as my husband is australian.

Hanks for the reply snifter lots of info! I am expecting my APCO police check in a few days. I haven't done my medical yet as I am waiting for the case officer to tell me to do it. I did it before for my first stage and I wasn't sure if I have to do it again.

Pi am currently residing in the UK when my initial visa was approved, and I visited Australia within the 1 year time frame from when it was approved and now I'm waiting for my perm visa to be approved then we will emigrate. ( I had a baby and a very complicated pregnancy which meant I could not emigrate after approval first time so we said we would wait until the perm application. Does this make sense? If not I can get more info.

i thought it would be so quick like a tick box exercise for them....australia husband that's legitimate...check. Baby...check...arguments like a normal couple...check haha!

Thanks for your replies in advance.

OK so your first post wasn't clear that you already had your partner visa. Now it is, ensure you don't apply for a tourist visa as you already have a partner visa and are just waiting for the PR stage (confusing as you are off shore and in the UK and said about applying ).

You could move to Aus anytime from what you've said as you have a current partner visa. All you are waiting for is the PR part to be able to apply and roll on from the temp part.

ETA - The tourist visa aspect I wrote about is for people who have yet to be granted a partner visa and are wanting to travel to Aus ahead of grant. Which you are not. I hope my post was clear in that its for people yet to be granted a partner visa and wanting to enter Aus ahead of their partner visa grant. Your case is unusual as you already have your partner visa but have yet to emigrate, but are now waiting for the PR stage to be finalised. Most people have migrated already by the time the PR part comes round :)

Edited by Guest
added a bit

OK so your first post wasn't clear that you already had your partner visa. Now it is, ensure you don't apply for a tourist visa as you already have a partner visa and are just waiting for the PR stage (confusing as you are off shore and in the UK and said about applying ).

You could move to Aus anytime from what you've said as you have a current partner visa. All you are waiting for is the PR part to be able to apply and roll on from the temp part.

ETA - The tourist visa aspect I wrote about is for people who have yet to be granted a partner visa and are wanting to travel to Aus ahead of grant. Which you are not. I hope my post was clear in that its for people yet to be granted a partner visa and wanting to enter Aus ahead of their partner visa grant. Your case is unusual as you already have your partner visa but have yet to emigrate, but are now waiting for the PR stage to be finalised. Most people have migrated already by the time the PR part comes round :)

thanks so so much guys for all your info! Yeah that's right I'm waiting on my PR. But I thought if you apply in the UK you had to stay in the UK until it was approved? I didn't know I could move whilst I'm waiting?

Thanks so so much for all your help!

Good news Fosh - you're in the wrong thread.

We're all at stage 1. When you applied for Stage 1, you also applied for stage 2 at the same time.

Some people get granted stage 1 (the temporary 300 or 309) which took you 4 months, but is taking us 9 - 14 months (lucky you), and some people get granted stage 2 straight away (they go straight to the permanent 100).

Others, like you, have to wait the 2 years on the 309 (which you are on now but soon to finish, it seems) to get the 100, which you're about to do, it looks like.

I don't know how long it will take you though. They hardly make you wait all the time again? Anyone?

If you are not living in Oz while waiting for your stage two, you do need to do police checks and medicals again, but if you're in Oz, you don't have to do them again.

I'm not 100% on all this info, so just wait for a few others to confirm. It's unusual for someone to wait in the UK after they have their first visa approved, so there's not too many people in your position (I hope your health is better) - most people will be onshore in Australia when they are waiting for the permanent one.

Yes that's right Eifister! I'm so clueless to the whole process! Yeah I know I should be in Aus!! the baby decided to be high risk and kept dropping his he's heart rate which meant we couldn't fly! And it felt too much to move one After having a baby, he's now 7 months so I'm starting to prepare and now feeling ready. My health is fine now, he was just a little monkey when pregnant! Still is!!!

So so does this mean even though I've applied in the UK I can still move? Or do I have to wait to get it? Yeah that's why Im shocked at waiting times!! They said 9 months a few years ago but took 4 months so I thought it was just a precaution!

Good luck to everyone else applying!! If anyone has any info re the perm it would be so helpful.

Thank you!! :)

Made a management decision and took a leaf out of some of your books and got hubby and sdaughter tourist visa's. Then at the weekend booked flights for 6th November!!!!!

I know that's only 8.5 months for us but it means I can get my youngest daughter and sdaughter into school for a few weeks before breaking up for the Xmas holiday. Hopefully they will quickly settle in and make friends and new year, new school, new people in January won't be so daunting for them........

Our 9-10 month mark is literally Xmas day (now wouldn't that be a fab pressie from Santa!) to the end of January which is within the 1st 3 month visa allowance. If it means having to leave and go in again to renew then so be it......could work out very well if visa's do come in that time as the girls will be off school still (they return 26th January) so we could do our leaving for 3 days Singapore stint whilst they are still on holidays!!!

Also 6th November is hubby's birthday....personally I can't think of a better present than a one-way ticket to Brisbane!!!!!! I may get him a little something else to open :-)

Yes that's right Eifister! I'm so clueless to the whole process! Yeah I know I should be in Aus!! the baby decided to be high risk and kept dropping his he's heart rate which meant we couldn't fly! And it felt too much to move one After having a baby, he's now 7 months so I'm starting to prepare and now feeling ready. My health is fine now, he was just a little monkey when pregnant! Still is!!!

So so does this mean even though I've applied in the UK I can still move? Or do I have to wait to get it? Yeah that's why Im shocked at waiting times!! They said 9 months a few years ago but took 4 months so I thought it was just a precaution!

Good luck to everyone else applying!! If anyone has any info re the perm it would be so helpful.

Thank you!! :)

When applying for the 309/100 visa, you need to be outside Australia when you apply and also outside when it's granted. Many people apply, fly to Australia on a tourist visa, and then simply make a quick trip to NZ, Bali, etc. in order for the 309 to be granted. They then go back to Australia and remain. 2 years after applying for the 309 (and after it's been granted), you'll be able to then submit additional evidence covering those 2 years to prove your relationship is still ongoing and genuine. DIBP will then review and grant you the 100 visa. But as soon as the 309 has been granted, you can consider Australia your permanent home even though your visa status is still considered temporary.

The 100 stage used to be a mere formality although it's now getting more scrutiny to ensure couples have remained in their relationships.