SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

So lovely to see people's visas come through! I bet JT Spurs has repetitive strain injury from hitting refresh ... I hope it comes really soon for you!

Sooo ... I got impatient and I'm semi-homeless and flights were going to get expensive, so I booked my one-way.

I go via Bali on 26th October to meet a friend (a two person hen party?!) and then arrive to Melbourne on 2nd November ... that way, if there's any extra delay with my visa, I'll just stay in Bali til it's ready, which would ironically be cheaper than just staying in Dublin. Yoo hoo!

So that gives me an overall waiting time allowance of 10 months and 11 days - fingers crossed!

Edited by Eifster

My partner lives in Clifton Hill in a houseshare at the moment, but we'll have to find somewhere else soon, because it's not big enough or very affordable! And god knows how long it will take me to find work. Ideally Northcote, Thornbury or around those areas. I've lived there before for a few years so I know my way about. Are you going to Melbourne too?

Bali should be a lovely way to deal with any jet lag ;)

Exciting news @Eifster! Where in Melbourne are you heading to?

My husband and I are booked to leave the UK on 4 November! Too excited to wait until my visa is actually granted!

Wish we were going via Bali ... I haven't just turned into a green-eyed monster at all :)

You as well @JTSpurs - oh why didn't I book Bali too! You and @Eifster are going to land in Aus looking all fresh and rested!

@Eifster - yep heading to Melbourne as well. Initially going to be in the Keilor area with family whilst looking for a home of our own. Will have to go exploring all the areas.

Hopefully it won't take long to find a job. I'm trying to not think about that bit at the moment! :-/ I'm sure it'll all work out fine though!

This is what I got from my agent this morning ,only emailed her last night

We are still waiting to hear from the Department of Immigration regarding your application but this is nothing to be concerned about. As your application was lodged at the end of June, they will have received many applications at this time to beat the fee increase so it will take them a little while to work through them and assess them and at that point we will be allocated a case officer. It is likely that your friends applied prior to June 15 if they have been allocated case officers.

Have a good weekend too.

finally! Ah brilliant news for you! Do you think it helped emailing your CO to give them a nudge?

It possibly helped move things along...emailed last Friday and heard back 50 mins ago. Was slightly concerned as we were the only ones i had seen go a little into the 10th month but relieved now.

Edited by Damien Edwards

We are still waiting to hear from the Department of Immigration regarding your application but this is nothing to be concerned about. As your application was lodged at the end of June, they will have received many applications at this time to beat the fee increase so it will take them a little while to work through them and assess them and at that point we will be allocated a case officer. It is likely that your friends applied prior to June 15 if they have been allocated case officers.

Have a good weekend too.

Thanks for posting that. Hope that's all it is - just volume of applications . Saw someone who applied on 19th had their CO and thought / hoped we were 4 days behind them but that was last week! Just want to know that they've got all they need!

Thanks for posting that. Hope that's all it is - just volume of applications . Saw someone who applied on 19th had their CO and thought / hoped we were 4 days behind them but that was last week! Just want to know that they've got all they need!

Try not to worry overly. Even if they do need something else they give you plenty of time to provide it to them.

Also CO's often seem to work part time and so are perhaps only in the office 3 days a week. Also iirc they also work on other types of visa applications and are not just dealing with partner visa applicants. They are busy people and your application is lodged and in the queue. They will get to you :)

Try not to worry overly. Even if they do need something else they give you plenty of time to provide it to them.

Also CO's often seem to work part time and so are perhaps only in the office 3 days a week. Also iirc they also work on other types of visa applications and are not just dealing with partner visa applicants. They are busy people and your application is lodged and in the queue. They will get to you :)

Thanks Yes I know I'm just really impatient! The visa grant I can wait for as we're not in any particular rush but I just want to know we've done everything evidence wise!

Have a good weekend too.

Thank you very much Aussiegirl for your post [emoji4] Our daughter, who is sponsoring her hubbie on a Partner visa applied end of June, so i can give her a little more info.

Let's hope so Gbamber ,if not will be in the next 2wks , have you emailed your CO to gentle nudge them and see

Yeah my agent emailed them 2 weeks ago but they wouldn't give any info other than its being processed. I'm in Australia the now but I have to leave this Thursday. I contemplated going to Bali for a week to see if it comes instead of going back to Scotland. But I could be there a week and still not have it. Looks like I'm just going to book a flight tomorrow back to Scotland on Thursday and stay in Scotland for 6 weeks. My wee brothers wedding at the start of October so I'll stay till after the wedding and then come back.

Yeah my agent emailed them 2 weeks ago but they wouldn't give any info other than its being processed. I'm in Australia the now but I have to leave this Thursday. I contemplated going to Bali for a week to see if it comes instead of going back to Scotland. But I could be there a week and still not have it. Looks like I'm just going to book a flight tomorrow back to Scotland on Thursday and stay in Scotland for 6 weeks. My wee brothers wedding at the start of October so I'll stay till after the wedding and then come back.

Is it a tourist visa you are on? Can you go to Bali and come back in on another tourist visa?

Is it a tourist visa you are on? Can you go to Bali and come back in on another tourist visa?

Yes it's a tourist visa that I'm on. It expired in May this year but I applied onshore to extend it till October but they only extended it till 10th August, so I paid $1060 to try and extend it again which they refused. I'm see the last few days of the 4 week bridging visa you get when you apply to extend a visa. I know it should be any day now. I thought about going to Bali for even a week in the hope that it would come then I can fly back to Perth. But if nothing happens today I think I'm just going back to cold wet Scotland for 6 weeks :(

Yes it's a tourist visa that I'm on. It expired in May this year but I applied onshore to extend it till October but they only extended it till 10th August, so I paid $1060 to try and extend it again which they refused. I'm see the last few days of the 4 week bridging visa you get when you apply to extend a visa. I know it should be any day now. I thought about going to Bali for even a week in the hope that it would come then I can fly back to Perth. But if nothing happens today I think I'm just going back to cold wet Scotland for 6 weeks :(

Ah man that sucks for you, im sorry to hear your predicament! Do you know if your migration agent contacted them to give them the nudge? or did they just say it was processing etc?

Ah man that sucks for you, im sorry to hear your predicament! Do you know if your migration agent contacted them to give them the nudge? or did they just say it was processing etc?

My agent didn't want to contact them till it reached 10 months but I asked her to send an email to make sure they knew I was in Australia and if there was any update. The reply just said, your clients Prospective Marriage Visa is currently being processed. The processing office is unable to estimate when exactly your clients application will be finalised.