SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hopefully it works out that you only have to leave the once to get your visa!

I do hope so.

Meanwhile: does anyone here have any advice on how to actually get in touch with your Case Officer? Replying to the email gives an automated bounceback, and the website is, I'm guessing, unlikely to get to them. I want to keep them informed about my plans.

Just had another look at letter, at the bottom it say section1- further information. Section 2- health and character checks required but then only has section 1 asking for form 956 to b sent with in 28 day no section 2 added.... Very strange. Will have to get H2b to forward me the whole email not just attached letter or give me email address so I can email co & let her know!!

Yea im pretty sure its on the attachment, worth double checking, tbh I would just do it anyways, I have done mine!

I do hope so.

Meanwhile: does anyone here have any advice on how to actually get in touch with your Case Officer? Replying to the email gives an automated bounceback, and the website is, I'm guessing, unlikely to get to them. I want to keep them informed about my plans.

What sort of automated bounceback though?If it says something like Thanks for your email, it has been received, then its got there and will be added to your file, as its a kind of acknowledgment.

If its a true "bounceback" then it'll say undeliverable, in which case it hasn't got to DIBP.

I do hope so.

Is there not a general contact email address given to you somewhere? You should be able to use that. I don't think CO give out their direct emails anymore.

Yea im pretty sure its on the attachment, worth double checking, tbh I would just do it anyways, I have done mine!

I'm curious. Has it changed and medicals and/or police checks are valid for longer than a year now? Or that the visa timeframe validity is no longer is started from when you take your medical or police check, whichever is done first? As in if it takes say a year from application to grant and you do your medical and/or police check at the 3 month mark and its not granted for another 9 months you therefore only have 3 months left in which to validate your visa.

If they ask not to take medical or provide police check till a certain date, I'd not do it before then. There are reasons for this I am sure (it was for the reason I explained above when I applied for mine a couple of years ago and that was with a much shorter timeframe to wait out). It could be you do leave yourself with a short time to validate or make first entry into Aus (if it is an off shore application).

Edited by Guest

I'm curious. Has it changed and medicals and/or police checks are valid for longer than a year now? Or that the visa timeframe validity is no longer is started from when you take your medical or police check, whichever is done first? As in if it takes say a year from application to grant and you do your medical and/or police check at the 3 month mark and its not granted for another 9 months you therefore only have 3 months left in which to validate your visa.

If they ask not to take medical or provide police check till a certain date, I'd not do it before then. There are reasons for this I am sure (it was for the reason I explained above when I applied for mine a couple of years ago and that was with a much shorter timeframe to wait out). It could be you do leave yourself with a short time to validate or make first entry into Aus (if it is an off shore application).

They are still only valid for 12 months from the date they are done. Although COs do have the discretion to extend them, they may equally ask for them to be done again.

They are still only valid for 12 months from the date they are done. Although COs do have the discretion to extend them, they may equally ask for them to be done again.

Thanks for that : )

And still impact on visa validation time frame once granted...? I'm guessing so unless someone can confirm otherwise.

Yeah that's true. I unfortunately was a little too proactive and had already started getting stuff together prior to receiving the email instructing me to wait. Not super stressed though as the processing times seem to be within 12 months.

Amazing how expensive the medical is. Went to a place in Knightsbridge, as there are only two places in London you can go to. Definitely cornered the market.

Is there not a general contact email address given to you somewhere? You should be able to use that. I don't think CO give out their direct emails anymore.

Unfortunately they don't give out their direct emails anymore. I managed to get the direct email for my CO a few months back but when I sent the email off I got a reply from the london.cc email. They said it had been forwarded on to my CO and they answered the question that I had asked him. Hope this helps.

Yeah that's true. I unfortunately was a little too proactive and had already started getting stuff together prior to receiving the email instructing me to wait. Not super stressed though as the processing times seem to be within 12 months.

Amazing how expensive the medical is. Went to a place in Knightsbridge, as there are only two places in London you can go to. Definitely cornered the market.

We also submitted my partner's application with the medicals and police checks already done haha definitely too proactive. But we submitted our applications around the same time so hopefully it will all be okay :-)

Aww Jen that is fab 1sept not long now, not jealous much, hope you get the packing sorted and then chill before you go, all real now isn't it. Good luck with flight if you don't get chance on here and can't wait to hear from the other side with piccies x

Hay Aussiegirl its all go for us we fly out 1st week of September. Very excited a little nervous and a bit stressed with trying to sort everything and pack (not easy with all the kids with me) otherwise all is going well not long now :wink:

Question/panic....husband did his 40sp form through his immi account a couple of weeks ago. Should it appear in my immi account that it's been done? He used my reference number. I though it would link up but I can't see it anywhere. Help!

Hi, yes it should be there below your list of uploads and docs. If you view your application it says your name followed by processing. Below that are all your document uploads and then there should be another banner with the sponsors name folled by processing and the list of docs theyve uploaded.

hope that made sense?

Hi, yes it should be there below your list of uploads and docs. If you view your application it says your name followed by processing. Below that are all your document uploads and then there should be another banner with the sponsors name folled by processing and the list of docs theyve uploaded.

hope that made sense?

Yes it makes sense....but it's not there! Eek! Should be close to getting a CO now ...do we just wait and see if they ask for it?

Do I have to do anything to 'import' it or should it have automatically linked to my application?

Edited by Bound4Tassie

As far as im aware it links automaticlly. Your CO will question it if they cant see it, you may have to do another one. Could there be a possibility that your reference was entered wrongly? Which would mean the info cant link properly.

Double and triple checked it & it says submitted on husbands. Can email it to ourselves and upload it via my account....if I've got enough space left! Arrrgh!

Double and triple checked it & it says submitted on husbands. Can email it to ourselves and upload it via my account....if I've got enough space left! Arrrgh!

Ok, well at least theres a record of it. Im thinking maybe your CO looks at it first before it gets linked. I cant really remember how ours went, its 8 months ago now. Wait and see what happens with your CO being appointed.

Pookie72 you are so amazing doing this chart jobbie... every visa that has come through I am trawling back through the threads to show hubbie to keep his spirit up ......I will happily take the chart on when you are off and away :-)

That's sooo nice Annaleis! Thank you. And thank you for offering to take the list over when my turn comes - I was only thinking about it the other day. Will be easy enough to do, I just cut and paste into a new post and update it. I hope everyone else finds the waiting list helpful. It's going to be interesting to see if they keep to the 10 month mark in the months ahead.

That's sooo nice Annaleis! Thank you. And thank you for offering to take the list over when my turn comes - I was only thinking about it the other day. Will be easy enough to do, I just cut and paste into a new post and update it. I hope everyone else finds the waiting list helpful. It's going to be interesting to see if they keep to the 10 month mark in the months ahead.

Lets hope they do, all of us that are only 2mths in are still hoping for the 10ish mth Mark....... To think we may have to wait 14 is real upsetting!!!! So fingers crossed Oz immi are kind to us :unsure:

I did my medicals at submission too as I was up in Berkshire and that's the nearest Clinic to me, 2.5 hours away. Have been asked to do them again in December, but thinking I might email around December time and ask if I really have to do it as it will actually be valid for another 6 months...