SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Booked flights for Sunday! I know it's very early but we've completed everything. Medical. Police check. No more info required. We're gonna have a great holiday while we wait for the visa. Can't wait to see the future missus on Tuesday! I've only been back here for 2 months and it seems like a lifetime without her. If I don't post for a couple of weeks I'm erm busy! Gonna keep watching and good luck to everyone.

Can I get the medical done in Australia even though I've applied offshore? I'll be going on an Evisitor visa in August, I've not been asked to do my medical yet so should I wait or just do it before I leave?

You can have your medical done whilst in Australia even if you applied Offshore... I did mine yesterday. I didnt wait until I was asked for it, I just did it... as part of a different applciation process immigration themselves told me that they can extend your medical and police checks for 6 months. With immigration though you just never know, they change things and what not all the time. I did mine based on the fact that they are all come through within a year atm anyways so it would still be valid anyways.

Hi everyone,

Good evening!

Hope you are doing well. I recently applied temporary partner visa (309/100) for my wife. I would like to know the list of documents needs to be uploaded. If anyonr has the documents list that they loaded with their partner visa application, please share it with me.

Regards,

Steve

Hi everyone,

Good evening!

Hope you are doing well. I recently applied temporary partner visa (309/100) for my wife. I would like to know the list of documents needs to be uploaded. If anyonr has the documents list that they loaded with their partner visa application, please share it with me.

Regards,

Steve

The list of documents will be different for everyone because they depend on your circumstances. However, there are details of what to include on the IMMI website and on the partner visa notes PDF. Sorry I'm on my phone so I don't have links available right now.

Did you apply using the online application form or the old PDF form? The PDF includes a checklist of documents and online application shows you a full list of the documents that you could include once you have submitted the application.

Hi all, something that might give a little hope. I'm in Aus on a tourist visa, been waiting it out alongside hubby, received my depart for grant notice today. That's just shy of 11 months since I applied, and I was quoted 10-14months. I'm going away in 2 weeks anyway so my CO said its fine to wait until then. if I didn't have that trip planned I'd be out of here and back finalised quicker. I'm not all that sure what to do with myself at the moment. He is at work so I haven't even told him yet...!

Hi all, something that might give a little hope. I'm in Aus on a tourist visa, been waiting it out alongside hubby, received my depart for grant notice today. That's just shy of 11 months since I applied, and I was quoted 10-14months. I'm going away in 2 weeks anyway so my CO said its fine to wait until then. if I didn't have that trip planned I'd be out of here and back finalised quicker. I'm not all that sure what to do with myself at the moment. He is at work so I haven't even told him yet...!

Who is your CO MrsL?

Congratulations, and luckily planned trip too!

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Who is your CO MrsL?

Congratulations, and luckily planned trip too!

[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

WP. Seems a little slower than some others but as I said at the start of the wait, what's a year when you're spending your life with someone. I have managed to spend 5 months with hubby since I applied so I'm pretty grateful for that. That said, I will probably never leave his side again after this!!

WP. Seems a little slower than some others but as I said at the start of the wait, what's a year when you're spending your life with someone. I have managed to spend 5 months with hubby since I applied so I'm pretty grateful for that. That said, I will probably never leave his side again after this!!
I hope WP doesn't take this long with all applications. My wife applied nine months ago and it's killing me. I just want to go home after living here for nine years.

I hope WP doesn't take this long with all applications. My wife applied nine months ago and it's killing me. I just want to go home after living here for nine years.

I'm not sure if it sped the process up at all but I emailed in April as my father in law had been diagnosed with cancer and I was away from my husband at the time and really just didn't want to be away from him with that going on. I was told 'by July'. Looking at other people's grants it doesn't seem like they've done mine any quicker, they just gave me a more accurate timeframe which helped me plan better. You just have to remember that at 9 months, you're almost there.

i think this last few weeks has been harder than the whole year but knowing it's going to happen and I'm not the only one has helped :) and look on the bright side, you'll be back in Aus in time for summer!

Great news! Did you go on an Evisitor visa? If so did you leave Australia after 3 months and go back? Did you get asked any questions at customs about having a return ticket? Thanks.

Slowly going nuts! My patience is wearing thin now... and the bottle of bubbly I have in the fridge is going to be lucky to survive the rest of the week!

I hope that DP doesn't make me wait too much longer. 

Its the not knowing when not even a hint that makes the waiting so painful.

Just a question has anyone who has been granted their visa had DP as their co?

Unfortunately not yet for us, fingers crossed for the 19th July.

Hopefully DP will grant a big bunch of visas in one go.... (wishful thinking I know but one lives in hope)....

Id really like to go out in September for many reasons the main 2 are one weather wise as it will give us chance to acclimatise a little before the build up begins and two my middle child changes school in September and I really dont want to have to buy a whole new uniform for us to be able to go not long after plus shes not keen about the new school here...

Edited by Jen NT
typo

Great news! Did you go on an Evisitor visa? If so did you leave Australia after 3 months and go back? Did you get asked any questions at customs about having a return ticket? Thanks.

I did, I was here October - January, then went to NZ for 4 months, then back again in May. I got asked zero questions as I have one of the new passports, I literally just scanned it both times and didn't even speak to a person. That said I was quite ready for it, I had a folder with every evidence of funds I could have possibly needed, printed communication with my CO. I didn't want to leave and return 3-4 times hence staying in NZ for longer, I got my working visa there and got a job. Plus discovered it's a wonderful country!

I did, I was here October - January, then went to NZ for 4 months, then back again in May. I got asked zero questions as I have one of the new passports, I literally just scanned it both times and didn't even speak to a person. That said I was quite ready for it, I had a folder with every evidence of funds I could have possibly needed, printed communication with my CO. I didn't want to leave and return 3-4 times hence staying in NZ for longer, I got my working visa there and got a job. Plus discovered it's a wonderful country!

I was actually about to post something on here about the Evisitor visa as my partner may need to get one before we go :-) then I saw your message and you basically answered my question for me. Can I just quickly ask anyone who has gotten the Evisitor visa as to how long it usually takes once you apply?

I know wrong place, but are any of you taking pooches with you ,if so are you doing it yourself or someone doing it for you

If our dog is still with us by the time we go ( she's getting on a bit ) then I'm going to use Petair or Golden Arrow. Both have come highly recommended. I wouldn't risk DIY personally x

Edited by Bound4Tassie