SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just an update guys... no official news from my CO however I contacted or agent this week for an update. She doesn't want to get our hopes up too much but she thinks or visa will be approved sooner than we expected. Woop woop... Giddy kipper!

Thats great news Jaclyn Hayes.

Hope this applies to all DP's cases

Its the 309 visa. My original letter just said wait 6 months before getting the checks done, no specific dates. Do you get notified again that you should get the medical or just wait 6 months like it says in the original letter? I was led to believe in other correspondence I have had with them that you get the go ahead. I am going to get this all done anyway, just concerned at the lack of activity...

Hi Lozzzz74 as others have said I also have DP and have had no communication since the initial letter. I waited around 5 months (ish I couldn't wait!) and did the medical and police checks off my own back.

I also applied on the 4th Nov. That makes 3 of us now that I know of!

Finger crossed for all of us.

Edited by JTSpurs

Aww Jaclyn that's fab news bet you are doing to happy dance.... So when you off then, do they give you a time to go or is it in the 6 mths mark, I think I would go the next day if I could lol x

I hope it does come through early! Looking at going the end of November. The police check and medicals are valid for 12 months and you have to activate the visa before they expire, so add long as it's before next April.

I'll keep you posted! Xx

Do you think I will have to get an Aussie police check ? I haven't lived in Aus for 12 continuous months but did 10 months on a whv from Nov 2004. Then subsequent visits back may add up to 12 months overall. Is it within the last 10 yrs? Technically some of that whv was over 10 yrs ago....

Not that I have any convictions / cautions or anything else!! Just wondering. Do they take long to get?

. I've just had email confirmation from my CO that I can postpone my medical until the end of September. Got a bit of a technical hitch and didn't seem any point having a medical without enough info from my (newly acquired!) consultant. @Eifster you are going to have to romp on ahead without me......:sad:

Ah now, that's a pity, sorry to hear. Not happy to run ahead without you - there's no joy in winning an unfair fight ;)

Sounds like it's a good idea to sort everything out before you go, so get well soon! But if it's any consolation, the doctor told me during my visa medical that only 0.5% of people are refused visas for medical reasons (which made me delighted to hand over the €350 ... grrrr), so I guess they only refuse contagious or extremely life threatening stuff. So, you won't have any problems on that front.

In other news, I'm off to Australia for a 5 week holiday on Thurs, so woo hoo to that. I wonder if I'll still recognise my boy? It's been a while ...

Edited by Eifster

In other news, I'm off to Australia for a 5 week holiday on Thurs, so woo hoo to that. I wonder if I'll still recognise my boy? It's been a while ...

Thanks for the kind words @Eifster and......Happy holidays!! Don't forget to pack your vest - it's been down to 4 degrees in Perth. And wet too. Who cares when you are back with your man, hey. Or are you heading up north in the warm.....?

This is my first post after lurking for a while. I submitted my partner visa on Sunday and am in the process of uploading all my documents the same as you, Bound4Tassie.

I do have one question: does anyone know the best document category to use for our personal statements? I haven't yet found an appropriate one.

This is my first post after lurking for a while. I submitted my partner visa on Sunday and am in the process of uploading all my documents the same as you, Bound4Tassie.

I do have one question: does anyone know the best document category to use for our personal statements? I haven't yet found an appropriate one.

We didn't do any separate personal statements. They were done as part of the application form itself.

I can't contact my CO, but I asked the helpline to check everything was ok with my case and ensure they weren't waiting on any more info, which they said there's no more info required just said it's still processing.

Hi, did you manage to email your CO? Did they shed any light on when you may be granted your visa?

icon7.png Join the New Improved Queue!

Join the Queue!

How we Brits love a queue!! Thought I'd pass a bit of time whilst I'm waiting and make a list of known applicants from when the application was submitted to DIBP.

Please let me know if I've missed you off, have recently been allocated a CO or have had your visa granted. Turns out there's a fair few of us and I'm sure a few silent members/guests out there.

[TABLE=class: cms_table, width: 700, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]
NAME
[/TD]

[TD]
VISA TYPE
[/TD]

[TD]
CO
[/TD]

[TD]
APPLIED
[/TD]

[TD]
GRANTED
[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
August14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
14/08/14
[/TD]

[TD]
...still waiting
[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
ADGT
[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]
VF
[/TD]

[TD]
16/09/14
[/TD]

[TD]
09/06/15 (100)
[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
ange
[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]
LG
[/TD]

[TD]
18/09/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]JarvisG[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]23/09/14[/TD]

[TD]09/06/15 (309)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PJd2628[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]
DP
[/TD]

[TD]19/09/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jaclyn Hayes[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
DP
[/TD]

[TD]
06/10/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lea211[/TD]

[TD]
PMV 300
[/TD]

[TD]
LG
[/TD]

[TD]
09/10/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lollipop1804[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
??/10/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]alansuspect[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]
OH
[/TD]

[TD]
04/11/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]JTSpurs[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]
DP
[/TD]

[TD]
04/11/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lozzzz74[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]DP[/TD]

[TD]04/11/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Mirella
[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]
IP
[/TD]

[TD]
05/11/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
JenNT
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
DP
[/TD]

[TD]
11/11/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Pookie72
[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]
WP
[/TD]

[TD]
15/11/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Gbamber
[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]
LC
[/TD]

[TD]
18/11/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Mrsguvs
[/TD]

[TD]
309/100
[/TD]

[TD]
CF
[/TD]

[TD]
28/11/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Eifster[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]22/12/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Wan2go
[/TD]

[TD]
PMV 300
[/TD]

[TD]
VF
[/TD]

[TD]
22/12/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
lp77
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
DP
[/TD]

[TD]
24/12/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
bobby122
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
OH
[/TD]

[TD]
27/12/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bronyuar[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]CF[/TD]

[TD]31/12/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
nadini777
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
31/12/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Snowy5100
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
31/12/14
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
SiobhanandLee
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
22/01/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
ozmichelle
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
KP
[/TD]

[TD]
29/01/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
lewnee
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
09/02/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Luc81
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
RN
[/TD]

[TD]
17/02/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Yorkshire123
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
VF
[/TD]

[TD]
18/02/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
michaelwowser
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
28/02/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
DafK
[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
02/03/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Gazdad
[/TD]

[TD]
PMV 300
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]
16/03/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
Melibios
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
LC
[/TD]

[TD]
17/03/15
[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]
CameronsDad
[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]
VF
[/TD]

[TD]
23/03/15

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melbourne maz[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]Lee[/TD]

[TD]06/05/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]sashabelle74[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]07/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Aussiegirl[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]11/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fairview70[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]12/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jen44[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]19/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Maverick[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]21/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bound4Tassie[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]22/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bradb[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]???[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LJD90[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]???[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi all, Pookie72 you've done a great job with the list will be interesting to see the visa grants when they happen.

I have to say the waiting is killing me the anticipation of when its gonna happen is now just painful... really do hope they manage to approve them alittle early as would really like to go in September but dont really expect to hear from them till then...

Just to ask is anyone going to Darwin?

Hi all, Pookie72 you've done a great job with the list will be interesting to see the visa grants when they happen.

I have to say the waiting is killing me the anticipation of when its gonna happen is now just painful... really do hope they manage to approve them alittle early as would really like to go in September but dont really expect to hear from them till then...

Just to ask is anyone going to Darwin?

Hi guys my wife applied tonight for 309 quoting a scary 9-12 months , can she get a tourist visa in meantime ? We are geared to go in 6 months? I have my citizenship sorted

Hi , She can get a visitor visa when you book the flights either a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month. The longer ones i believe ask you to show supporting funds for the stay whereas the 3 month one doesnt but you have to leave the country and come back if you want to stay another 3 months and so on up to a total of 12 months. Its multiple entry. The Dibp website has details. Remember she will need to be offshore when the 309 is granted and then re enter.

When it's been witnessed (because it does need to be as well as being included in the application) then upload it to show different areas of the application such as financial status or living arrangements etc. we uploaded ours something like 4 or 5 times each and it must have been ok because my bf ended up getting subclass 100 :D xx

We didn't do any separate personal statements. They were done as part of the application form itself.

We used word then attached it

Thanks guys. We've written statements in Word then put shortened versions into the application form. There is a subcategory of Additional Personal Statements, which seems the most appropriate.

When it's been witnessed (because it does need to be as well as being included in the application) then upload it to show different areas of the application such as financial status or living arrangements etc. we uploaded ours something like 4 or 5 times each and it must have been ok because my bf ended up getting subclass 100 :D xx

Thanks, that's good to hear. It's hard to decide where to upload some of the documents. I'm hoping it doesn't matter too much as long as they have them.