SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

HI TO ALL HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS FORUM FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW AND HAVE FINALLY JOINED SO I CAN POST TO... I APPLIED NOV 11th 2014 AND THE WAITING IS NOW FRUSTRATING ME... REALLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO BOOK FLIGHTS AND ORGANISE PACKING. ALSO WOULD BE NICE FOR THE KIDS TO KNOW A DATE AS ITS HARD FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND..

Hey Jen NT I'll be keeping an eye on your progress. I lodged my PMV on the 18th Nov 2014. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer. Seen there was September grants done.

Its hard for the kids as they have no concept of time its either now or its not happening but its my oldest who lives in the now as far as she is concerned there is only today no tomorrow (She is aged 9 with an attitude of a teenager). never mind we will get there just hope its sooner rather than later.

Hi Gbamber there seems to be quite a few who applied in Nov will be interesting to see who gets theirs first. Really would like to be able to go in Sept as I know the later in the year we go the climate difference will be quite challenging for all of us as we are moving to Darwin and its been 10 years since we were last there....

Has there really been Sept grants done already??? havent seen that... oooh sounds promising...

Yeah I seen someone put that they lodged on the 6th September on another website.. I'm already in Australia and my holiday visa expires in the middle of August so I'm crossing fingers and toes that mines gets granted before then because I don't think they will extend my holiday visa because I've been in Australia since June 2014. Never expected to wait this long since the Australian immigration website says it's 5 months for visa grant then we lodge it and Australian embassy in London say 10-14 months but nearly there now.

Yeah I seen someone put that they lodged on the 6th September on another website.. I'm already in Australia and my holiday visa expires in the middle of August so I'm crossing fingers and toes that mines gets granted before then because I don't think they will extend my holiday visa because I've been in Australia since June 2014. Never expected to wait this long since the Australian immigration website says it's 5 months for visa grant then we lodge it and Australian embassy in London say 10-14 months but nearly there now.

Hi mate, are you working in Australia at the moment?

Hi mate, are you working in Australia at the moment?

I'm not able to get a WHV because I'm 36. I left school and worked in a family motor factor business for 17 years so that's not a skill to get work either. So one year and not worked a single day, my fiancé has 2 kids so I get them to all there sports and look after them when my fiancé is at work.

Hi Gbamber. I'm about to do the same. 90 days though. We're thinking NZ or Fiji for an early honeymoon. Trying to do it right but missing each other. What's the reaction when you fly back in after a week or so out? Tia.

Hi Gbamber. I'm about to do the same. 90 days though. We're thinking NZ or Fiji for an early honeymoon. Trying to do it right but missing each other. What's the reaction when you fly back in after a week or so out? Tia.

I came out here on the 3rd June 2014 to be with my partner. I had to leave the country at the start of September so we went to Phuket for a week where we got engaged. I was pulled aside at immigration coming back into Perth. They told me I should look at getting a different visa because holiday visas ain't for this purpose. Me and my fiancé left to go to Bali and we lodged a PMV offshore. I was pulled aside at immigration leaving the country and I explained I'm lodging a visa when I'm offshore and that was fine, they also took me aside when I flew back into Perth and I told them that I've lodged my PMV and they let me straight in. I flew to Bali for one night in February and they weren't happy when I came back to Perth the next day. I was taking aside and questioned but luckily it was a really nice lady at immigration. I explained what I was doing and that I'm not working, I'm looking after my fiancé's two boys and she said I believe you and let me in. She said I might not be so lucky next time. Before my holiday visa expired in May I lodged a holiday extension visa subclass 600 and they granted it to 10th August. So fingers crossed I get mine granted about there.

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear from someone doing the same! How do you get the evisitor extension?? Just in case

Just done it online on my IMMI account and it was granted the next day or 2 days at most. It was simple and straight forward. Because I've spent so long in Australia on a tourist visa they said it would be very unlikely for me to extend it again. But a couple of days before mines expires in August if I apply again and they refuse, I believe they give you 28 days to leave the country which would give me another month. I need to check that with my immigration agent.

Shouldn't need to use that option. Hopefully granted before the wedding. But good to know it's there. And great to hear off someone who's actually doing what we are. I was speaking to my partner as I was posting before and we both took huge deep breaths of relief.

Me and my partner weren't aware it would take this long. If you go on the Australia website for visas it says up to 5 months to get a partner visa granted. We didn't know that the Australian embassy in the UK had the time scale at 10-14 months which was a massive shock to us. But that's me about nearly 7 months. Hopefully London pull there finger out and speed things up for everyone. I'm so lucky that I've managed to stay in Australia with my partner because I couldn't imagine how hard it is for some people to be apart for a long period of time.

Yeah I seen someone put that they lodged on the 6th September on another website.. I'm already in Australia and my holiday visa expires in the middle of August so I'm crossing fingers and toes that mines gets granted before then because I don't think they will extend my holiday visa because I've been in Australia since June 2014. Never expected to wait this long since the Australian immigration website says it's 5 months for visa grant then we lodge it and Australian embassy in London say 10-14 months í*½í¸ž but nearly there now.

Hey guys just thought I'd flag that I also applied in November. 4th to be precise!

I'll be following your news avidly. Here's to speedy grants from here on!

Hey guys just thought I'd flag that I also applied in November. 4th to be precise!

I'll be following your news avidly. Here's to speedy grants from here on!

Hi, So are you going on an evisitor in October? We applied on 31December and have already booked flights for October 14th on an evisitor. That will put us at 9.5 months. Weve already told our CO and he replied that the 309 may well be granted by then but he cant promise. Failing this, we will fly to NZ once we hear that the visa is about to be granted.

Me too!

Hi, So are you going on an evisitor in October? We applied on 31December and have already booked flights for October 14th on an evisitor. That will put us at 9.5 months.

I'm considering this but haven't sorted out the evisitor visa yet. Do you think it's worth doing now or waiting to see? I'm scared of applying for it and it wiping over my 309/100 or something.

That was our plan originally but I'm hopeful now of a visa grant in August or September so we won't have that issue.

We haven't booked our flights yet but are planning on end of October whatever happens as we have a family wedding to attend.

If it gets to September with no grant I'll contact our case officer (DP) and start making evistor arrangements.

Me too!

I'm considering this but haven't sorted out the evisitor visa yet. Do you think it's worth doing now or waiting to see? I'm scared of applying for it and it wiping over my 309/100 or something.

I'm a bit worried about that too!

I don't think I'll do anything without speaking to my case officer first....

Its normal to get the evisitor when you book your flight. It wont wipe out your 309 visa as a visa is only validated on entry. However you should let your CO know what your planning. If your 309 comes through before you fly then all that happens is you will be entering Australia on your 309 not your evistor.

Its normal to get the evisitor when you book your flight. It wont wipe out your 309 visa as a visa is only validated on entry. However you should let your CO know what your planning. If your 309 comes through before you fly then all that happens is you will be entering Australia on your 309 not your evistor.

That's good to know, cheers!

That sounds good, I'd hope that would be the case. I'm going to speak to my CO (OH) to check everything first.

We applied on 5th November so it's all getting very exciting.. Will be keeping a close eye on you two alansuspect + JTSpurs. Let's hope we don't have to worry about tourist visas ever again!

Good luck!