SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

She was really great. I emailed her and she said I will be ready to finalise by the end of the month (this was on about the 23rd I think of May) and exactly on the last day of May, the grant came through.

Email her at the end of November stating your intention to travel to Aus for Christmas and ask if the visa will be finalised by xx date (pick a date) and hopefully she will grant by that date for you. She comes across as quite terse in email but she's actually really nice. We always started emails with chitchat, hope you are well, weather crap type thing and she got a lot friendlier.

What email address did you use for contacting your CO? I have the main query email address and emailed that (to let them know I will be travelling to Melb at the end of the year for a wedding) and just got an automated reply.

I came over last Friday before my visa has been issued. Contacted my CO and I am arranging to go to New Zealand on the 27th July so that my visa can be processed. Nearly there. The wait is worth it even though it's a struggle when you haven't seen your loved one for so long.

Congratulations to everyone who has received their Visas.

Getting a little frustrated myself - our lodgement date was 16th October 2013 so currently on the 8 month 3 week mark? Emailed by CO yesterday and the reply was

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to give you any dates.

I’ll keep you updated and contact you when I have any information.

Everyone seems to be getting theirs around the 8 month to 8 month 2 week mark so wondering why it is taking much longer. Very frustrating :-(

Will hopefully receive it soon as house has been sold and currently waiting to exchange but my wife won't exchange until the visa is through.

Congratulations to everyone who has received their Visas.

Getting a little frustrated myself - our lodgement date was 16th October 2013 so currently on the 8 month 3 week mark? Emailed by CO yesterday and the reply was

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to give you any dates.

I’ll keep you updated and contact you when I have any information.

Everyone seems to be getting theirs around the 8 month to 8 month 2 week mark so wondering why it is taking much longer. Very frustrating :-(

Will hopefully receive it soon as house has been sold and currently waiting to exchange but my wife won't exchange until the visa is through.

Who is your case officer?

Who is your case officer?

Believe it or not but I have had 3????

I started with TS and was then told 2 weeks later they were leaving so was then assigned SV and believe it or not last week I was assigned AW. I asked why I was assigned a new case officer so late in the process and they told me SV was retiring last Friday??!

What email address did you use for contacting your CO? I have the main query email address and emailed that (to let them know I will be travelling to Melb at the end of the year for a wedding) and just got an automated reply.

When your CO was allocated (assuming you have been allocated one), he/she will have emailed you so use that email address to contact the CO directly

Did you not get a first contact email with your CO name etc and their contact email?

Hi all I've read on this forum that my CO SV has retired , has anyone else got SV as their CO if so have you been advised that she's retired and who is your new CO? I'm hoping nothing changes because of being assigned a new CO as I'd been told my case had been assessed and that my visa was going to be granted within the original time period of 8-9 months.

Believe it or not but I have had 3????

I started with TS and was then told 2 weeks later they were leaving so was then assigned SV and believe it or not last week I was assigned AW. I asked why I was assigned a new case officer so late in the process and they told me SV was retiring last Friday??!

Hi all I've read on this forum that my CO SV has retired , has anyone else got SV as their CO if so have you been advised that she's retired and who is your new CO? I'm hoping nothing changes because of being assigned a new CO as I'd been told my case had been assessed and that my visa was going to be granted within the original time period of 8-9 months.

Despite your CO retiring, you should both be granted within the original timescale as when a new CO is allocated, they don't need to start from scratch but will simply carry on where the other CO left off. As you long as you meet the criteria and have passed the checks, you will both be fine.

Don't panic :hug:

ETA The timeline of 8-9 months is guidance only. It can take longer (rarely shorter!). But still, don't panic.

No, it had a leter attached with her name and it said to use the general email for replies.

Is there a standard format like firstnam.lastname@immi etc?

The letter should have her personal email on it and you should use this. If you only contact via the general email then you will not get a personal reply from your CO. Who is your CO out of interest?

The letter should have her personal email on it and you should use this. If you only contact via the general email then you will not get a personal reply from your CO. Who is your CO out of interest?

My CO is RN. I just checked again and the letter definitely doesn't have her email on it. It says this under her signature:

Email: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/europe

Is that what you use?

Cool, thanks. I assumed I was missing something when everyone else said they had emailed their CO.

When I was re-allocated my current CO (last week) mine also said http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/europe under the email part.

Looks like they might not disclosing their emails addresses anymore?

Weird because it still says

"If you have a general enquiry about the processing of your application, please contact the Europe Service Centre (ESC) using the contact details provided in the signature block. Please do not send any general enquiries to the familymigrationlondon************** mailbox."

When I was re-allocated my current CO (last week) mine also said http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/europe under the email part.

Looks like they might not disclosing their emails addresses anymore?

Weird because it still says

"If you have a general enquiry about the processing of your application, please contact the Europe Service Centre (ESC) using the contact details provided in the signature block. Please do not send any general enquiries to the familymigrationlondon************** mailbox."

Maybe it is a policy thing. Is your new CO R.N by any chance?

I think it's completely ridiculous if indeed it is the case that email addresses aren't being disclosed as most applicants will have specific enquiries relating to their particular case as opposed to generic enquiries that could probably be answered with a google search!

Totally agree !!!!

I managed to work out the email address for my CO and used that and did get a reply :-)

I think it's completely ridiculous if indeed it is the case that email addresses aren't being disclosed as most applicants will have specific enquiries relating to their particular case as opposed to generic enquiries that could probably be answered with a google search!

And it says ""If you have a general enquiry about the processing of your application, please contact the Europe Service Centre (ESC) using the contact details provided in the signature block. Please do not send any general enquiries to the familymigrationlondon************** mailbox."

So who should people use for general enquiries - if your not supposed to use the generic email they have in our the signatures? LOL