SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi,

We're just about to apply for my partner's 309/100 visa and needed to know how do you indicate on the application that you want the 100 status to be considered immediately. Is this considered automatically if you demonstrate the qualifying conditions, e.g., 3 year pre-existing relationship? I have spoken to an agent about our application but with all the other expense of migration we were hoping to complete the form ourselves. MovingtoTasmania - did you use an agent as your timescale for approval is very quick?

You can't negotiate visa approval time, it'll be between the given time scales from your initial letter/email confirmation unfortunately, at present Australia House london are between 8-9months,

You dont get a choice between which visa u apply for its a 2 part visa, your case officer will decide whether you qualify for the 100 element,

When you have a CO assigned you can ask their opinion if you qualify for the 100 rather than the 309.

Hi,

We're just about to apply for my partner's 309/100 visa and needed to know how do you indicate on the application that you want the 100 status to be considered immediately. Is this considered automatically if you demonstrate the qualifying conditions, e.g., 3 year pre-existing relationship? I have spoken to an agent about our application but with all the other expense of migration we were hoping to complete the form ourselves. MovingtoTasmania - did you use an agent as your timescale for approval is very quick?

You don't need to indicate that on the form - the Case Officer will decide using (hopefully) common sense. I am in the exact same boat and looking at my Health Check details online, where it says "type of visa" it has 100. My and the wife have been married for 2 years and lived together for the last 9 years, so I was hoping for that!

Good luck with your application!

Hi,

Hello @DS8831

We didn't use an agent but then our circumstances are that we are married, lots and lots of children (no nuclear family here!) and grandchildren. We've had mortgages etc., together for years and tbh, we've never had a joint account and the bills are either in my name or Mr MtT's name, nothing in joint names except mortgage. There is a thread somewhere and I did outline what I put in as evidence. It was over a kilo in weight (paper application as couldn't do online then) and it was stuff like mortgage statements going back since we bought this property; copies of wills; Mr MtT's P60's for the past 10 years showing addresses; Mr MtT's private pension statements going back to the Year 0; utility statements, one of each from different quarters going back 10 years; life insurance documents etc., etc.

We didn't feel that need to use an agent as it's pretty straightforward to fill out the form and they can't come to your house to search for the evidence! In fact, I had to slim the evidence down as one of the mods on here, GeorgeD, said it was way too much initially (it weighed originally about 5 kilos) and there was a lot of banter on the forum at the time that everyone else's visa grant would be delayed as Australia House was buried under all my paperwork!

If you need help, just give me a shout, either via PM or on here :biggrin:

ETA: You will automatically be considered for the 100 if you qualify for it xx

Edited by MovingtoTasmania

Hi,

You don't. Iirc it's a set time you need to have been together to go straight to PR. If you meet that then your CO will assess and should put you in the PR pile.

Plenty get PR from the off, myself included.

Just posted my application today. Yay! Can't help but feel excited even though I know it'll be a long wait now. I'm hoping for a 100 as I meet the requirements, but who knows how the CO will assess my position.

I'm also hoping that my payment gets processed before 1st July as I'm expecting prices to jump up again.

Good luck to anyone who's currently being processed and congrats to anyone who's been successful!

Cheers

Tom

I got it!! Received email today. Subclass 100!

So happy right now took just over 7 months

Congratulations Emmie that is fantastic news! Very happy for you (and a bit jealous - we lodged 18/11 and still not heard anything). Who was your CO by chance?

Whenever we arrive in oz what passport line should we go to as obviously i want us to go through together. Also as my partner has to declare he has a criminal record on the landing card..will he get stopped and interviewed? Or will they see hes on a partner visa SC 100 and obviously its already been investigated by our CO so just let him go through?

I got it!! Received email today. Subclass 100!

So happy right now took just over 7 months

WOOHOO! Congratulations! What a happy day for you and your family. I've been counting down to the 8 month mark - only 42 sleeps to go - in the hope my hubby's visa will be granted around then but with yours taking 7 months hopefully ours will come sooner too. I wonder what chocolates our CO likes..... :-)

WOOHOO! Congratulations! What a happy day for you and your family. I've been counting down to the 8 month mark - only 42 sleeps to go - in the hope my hubby's visa will be granted around then but with yours taking 7 months hopefully ours will come sooner too. I wonder what chocolates our CO likes..... :-)

We only lodged ours 6 days after you. Keep checking those emails

Whenever we arrive in oz what passport line should we go to as obviously i want us to go through together. Also as my partner has to declare he has a criminal record on the landing card..will he get stopped and interviewed? Or will they see hes on a partner visa SC 100 and obviously its already been investigated by our CO so just let him go through?

Hi @partychick, sorry only just saw this. He may well be stopped at immigration if he doesn't declare it as they will be aware when he goes through passport control. It may be that they might ask a couple of questions but he's been cleared already, so don't worry. You can go through the line with him or you can use the quick check point as you have the Aus passport, but nothing stopping you from going with him xx