SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest AmesManchester
Well, I will keep you updated if the visa comes through and you do the same please :biggrin:

Does anyone have the CO with initials VF - we are now 8 months and 3 weeks waiting, tried to contact and voicemail says she is on holiday until 2 June.

Will someone else possibly process on our CO's behalf? Or do we need to wait..? This will push us to 9 months, 1 week. Has anyone else got or had VF?

Does anyone have the CO with initials VF - we are now 8 months and 3 weeks waiting, tried to contact and voicemail says she is on holiday until 2 June.

Will someone else possibly process on our CO's behalf? Or do we need to wait..? This will push us to 9 months, 1 week. Has anyone else got or had VF?

Hi there. I'm replying from my phone, so pls bear with any spellings etc. You will have to wait until your CO is back but pls remember that the 8-9month quoted is a guideline. Now that you know she's off, send her email for her return, just asking for a progress update and she may reply with grant.

Hi there. I'm replying from my phone, so pls bear with any spellings etc. You will have to wait until your CO is back but pls remember that the 8-9month quoted is a guideline. Now that you know she's off, send her email for her return, just asking for a progress update and she may reply with grant.

wow so close for you now bet you can't wait! Did you get your place sold? And how did your hubby's court thingy go hope it got sorted? I sooooo can't wait to get back to sunny Perth!

wow so close for you now bet you can't wait! Did you get your place sold? And how did your hubby's court thingy go hope it got sorted? I sooooo can't wait to get back to sunny Perth!

Hey @Lozza, still waiting on selling the house, so nothing can happen till then :sad:. The Court wrote to the solicitor this week actually and said that all charges have been dropped due to insufficient evidence :biggrin:. I'm actually considering emailing the CO to ask how things are progressing but then the house isn't sold yet and I think is there any point......

We officially hit the 7 month mark today, on the home stretch now. We've got our flights

booked for the 17th of July, so I'm hoping the end of June close down doesn't slow things down too much.

We've basically got all the nitty gritty sorted (shipping, house leased, farewell BBQ planned) just nervously counting down the days and feverishly checking this thread for any grants.

Hey,

I just emailed my visa agent regarding our PMV 300 we are at 8 months 1 week and 2 days ( not that I am counting). and our agent advised me 8-9 months is an average - sometimes its longer than 9 months.

Can anyone confirm this? I have never heard of it taking longer than 9 months! I don't think I can wait any longer without actually going batshit crazy!

Thanks

Not too bad for us cos we are together at least. But after applying it was looking fwd to getting acknowledgement email, then looking fwd to xmas, then the medical in january, his bday in april. We just kept ourself occupied with something to look fwd to each month to keep our minds off it. Once the visa is granted all the waiting will be worth it! And remember absence makes the heart grow fonder! Lol x

I applied on 17/10/13 and hav recently spoken to my CO who says he hopes to approve my visa early July which will no doubt be after the June closure, but still at 8 months 2 week mark. It's been a long wait but now there's only 6 week or so it's coming on fast as I'll be leaving here 10th july! It's funny as you wait for so long but now it's time to enjoy some time with friends and family :)

We officially hit the 7 month mark today, on the home stretch now. We've got our flights

booked for the 17th of July, so I'm hoping the end of June close down doesn't slow things down too much.

We've basically got all the nitty gritty sorted (shipping, house leased, farewell BBQ planned) just nervously counting down the days and feverishly checking this thread for any grants.

Hi all, similar to the above it seems many people have quite tight deadlines when it comes to visa grants and booking flights. Personally speaking we are still a bit off with the application submitted mid Jan.

I’m sure this has been asked many times in the past, but what if it was not granted before flying out? From what I understand the best thing to do is advise the CO to seek their permission.

Once granted the applicant would then have to go offshore briefly for the visa to become valid. Is this the correct procedure?

We are targeting October to attend a family wedding, but think it may be quite a push!

Cannot believe the visa takes this long. My husband is british, I am Australian, we have two small children and been together 11 years.

Although I cannot complain...as yet as we applied on the 23rd April so still awaiting a CO. Trying to get to Sydney before Jan 2015 but from reading this thread it looks like it maybe quite tight.

Eagerly awaiting any feedback on Hendries comment above as we may looking at a similar scenario.

Guest AmesManchester
Hey,

I just emailed my visa agent regarding our PMV 300 we are at 8 months 1 week and 2 days ( not that I am counting). and our agent advised me 8-9 months is an average - sometimes its longer than 9 months.

Can anyone confirm this? I have never heard of it taking longer than 9 months! I don't think I can wait any longer without actually going batshit crazy!

Thanks

We're at 8 months 22 days.. Our CO is not back until 2 June, so by that time it will be 9 months. My husband is about to lose it.. so sick of waiting. We haven't dared book flights like everyone seems to have on this forum.. It's too unpredictable waiting time!!

I know it's a very frustrating wait for you all but a couple of things to bear in mind, with regard to the questions posted on page 902 of the forum.

Firstly, the 8-9 month is a guideline only. It is the Service Charter Standard, not set in stone. Some people may get their grant earlier, some later, some dead on 7 months, 8 months etc.

Secondly, if you wish to fly out to Australia on a TV, then you absolutely must inform your CO of your intentions, when you intend to apply for the TV, when you intend to enter Australia and when you are planning on leaving if at all and also give up to date contact details. The reason that you need to take this step is because the last visa granted supersedes all previous visas, so how awful would it be if the CO granted the 309/100 visa on the morning of July 1st and then the TV was granted on the afternoon of July 1st? This means that the TV would cancel out the 309/100 and I don't think anyone wants to be in that position. Furthermore, the CO will need to tell you when the 309/100 is about to be granted so that you can leave Australia as the 309/100 won't "kick in" for 3 working days so therefore you need to ensure that you are off-shore so that the electronic systems can update.

All I can say is that I know how you feel, we are at the 8 month mark ourselves and still waiting for the grant and it's terrible. I know that we just have to be patient though and also try to sell this house!

I know it's a very frustrating wait for you all but a couple of things to bear in mind, with regard to the questions posted on page 902 of the forum.

Firstly, the 8-9 month is a guideline only. It is the Service Charter Standard, not set in stone. Some people may get their grant earlier, some later, some dead on 7 months, 8 months etc.

Secondly, if you wish to fly out to Australia on a TV, then you absolutely must inform your CO of your intentions, when you intend to apply for the TV, when you intend to enter Australia and when you are planning on leaving if at all and also give up to date contact details. The reason that you need to take this step is because the last visa granted supersedes all previous visas, so how awful would it be if the CO granted the 309/100 visa on the morning of July 1st and then the TV was granted on the afternoon of July 1st? This means that the TV would cancel out the 309/100 and I don't think anyone wants to be in that position. Furthermore, the CO will need to tell you when the 309/100 is about to be granted so that you can leave Australia as the 309/100 won't "kick in" for 3 working days so therefore you need to ensure that you are off-shore so that the electronic systems can update.

All I can say is that I know how you feel, we are at the 8 month mark ourselves and still waiting for the grant and it's terrible. I know that we just have to be patient though and also try to sell this house!

Does mean its better to apply for the tourist visa sooner rather than later? We are planning to go to oz in sept approx at 7 month mark and wait it out there. So we mite as well apply for TV soon just to be on safe side?

Does mean its better to apply for the tourist visa sooner rather than later? We are planning to go to oz in sept approx at 7 month mark and wait it out there. So we mite as well apply for TV soon just to be on safe side?

It's a bit risky applying for the TV when you've got another visa being processed. Since you are going to apply to go over on a TV, then I think you need to email the CO and inform of your intentions. The other thing that I have picked up on, which must be exceedingly frustrating, is that people are going over on TV's having advised the CO and then a couple of days later, the 309/100 visa is being granted, thus incurring costs for having to go off-shore again for the 3 working days. Please remember Lozza that it's working days, not a weekend :biggrin:

It's a bit risky applying for the TV when you've got another visa being processed. Since you are going to apply to go over on a TV, then I think you need to email the CO and inform of your intentions. The other thing that I have picked up on, which must be exceedingly frustrating, is that people are going over on TV's having advised the CO and then a couple of days later, the 309/100 visa is being granted, thus incurring costs for having to go off-shore again for the 3 working days. Please remember Lozza that it's working days, not a weekend :biggrin:

Yep its confusing and messy. We are planning on coming back around jan 2015 to tidy loose ends up so im thinking if we leave here sept and say visa granted November the the return trip to uk and then back to perth around march should be ok to validate visa ? Medical snd police check was done in May so wed be under the 12 months?