SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I got my visa, I got my visa, da da da dah! Granted today (after a polite "could you possibly give any indication of grant date" email) and it was emailed to me 30 mins later!

309 temporary visa, must validate by 2 December!

Now what to do next?!?!

Woo hoo !!!!! Fantastic news...I have been away for a few days and was absolutely thrilled for you when I saw it had come through for you on my return. Happy days.

I can only imagine your pain - 5 weeks without a case officer is annoying! I hope you hear something very soon![/quote

Hi it took approx 6 weeks for mt CO to b assigned - know how u feel but wont b long!!]

Visa was lodged 8 months today.. and still waiting... this is torture! :arghh:

Hi wondering if theyre slowing down parther approvals - think i read somewhere the quota of approvals are within australian financial year?? If thats the case that would be 1 st july 2013 - 30 june 2014. Not sure if someone else knows i might b wrong.

Hey guys, congrats on all the recent grants, so happy for you! :)

We spoke to our CO today to check how things were going (having done medical and police checks last week) and she's said that Ronnies medicals have been referred... Anyone know much about this? We have no idea what they would have been referred for as he is in good health the only thing is that he wears glasses?! We don't want to keep bugging the CO so if anyone has an idea how long this can take or if we can contact anyone to find out the timeframe/reason we'd appreciate anyones experiences :)

She said that she will finalise the application once the meds are clear so you can understand why we are anxious/curious!

Guest AmesManchester

Hi all, We are at 8 months, 16 days wait now.... Tried calling our CO over the past 2 weeks, pretty sure she must be on leave.. the phone keeps ringing out and no response to emails. She's been pretty good prior to this though..

- AbbieRey thanks for the info - we are pretty close to your lodgement timeline.. fingers crossed it comes soon, sick of being in limbo!

Hi all, We are at 8 months, 16 days wait now.... Tried calling our CO over the past 2 weeks, pretty sure she must be on leave.. the phone keeps ringing out and no response to emails. She's been pretty good prior to this though..

- AbbieRey thanks for the info - we are pretty close to your lodgement timeline.. fingers crossed it comes soon, sick of being in limbo!

Hi in wondering if approvals sliwing a little due to almost being end of financial year and maybe quotas r getting tight? Whos your CO?

My personal theory is that we are looking for pattern in how the visas are processed/granted - when there may be no pattern.

ie, I was convinced I'd get mine granted, the day after another PIO member got theirs granted - because we applied a day apart. But this didn't happen! I also got my visa granted before someone else who had applied before me.

Also, you'd think ours would be granted, five days after someone else (Person A), if we applied five days after Person A. But it doesn't seem to work like that either!

I have no idea what the process is or how things get done, but I suspect it's not "machine like" as we imagine it should be... Plus every application is different.

That's what I think anyway.

:wub:

Hi in wondering if approvals sliwing a little due to almost being end of financial year and maybe quotas r getting tight? Whos your CO?
Edited by vickyplum

Guest AmesManchester

Possibly.. no idea though.. we think the delay is the bank holiday/Easter.. original letter said 8-9 months, so if we get to 9 months and nothing then I have reason to get upset with them : ) Our CO is VF.

Guest AmesManchester

Easy for you to say though - yours has been granted.. :)

My personal theory is that we are looking for pattern in how the visas are processed/granted - when there may be no pattern.

ie, I was convinced I'd get mine granted, the day after another PIO member got theirs granted - because we applied a day apart. But this didn't happen! I also got my visa granted before someone else who had applied before me.

Also, you'd think ours would be granted, five days after someone else (Person A), if we applied five days after Person A. But it doesn't seem to work like that either!

I have no idea what the process is or how things get done, but I suspect it's not a "machine" like as we imagine... Plus every application is different.

That's what I think anyway.

:wub:

before mine was granted, I could still see it wasn't as systematic as we like to believe.

and it doesn't mean that I didn't spend a good amount my 8 months 15 days waiting time, wondering/worrying if it would be granted or not :)

Easy for you to say though - yours has been granted.. :)

Guest AmesManchester

Fair enough vickyplum.. does anyone understand have more info about this Quote then? Should we be worried about an additional delay?

I was told 8-9 months as well. My visa was lodged on the 12th of April. I've done my medical and police check. Just waiting for an email. It's so frustrating being apart from your partner. Do you still have an interview for the prospective marriage visa? How long does it usually take for your co to be assigned ?

@vickyplum is completely correct in what she says. There is

A) No rhyme or reason to how the visas are granted - it purely and simply goes on how fast your CO processes your visa application and gets it in the queue to be rubber stamped by the Senior Immigration Officer and then sends the email to you

B) No capping on partner/spouse visas whatsoever and afaik no plans to cap. However it is possible that @Lozza has a point when he says that the financial year is coming to an end and therefore budgets have to be planned for but how that affects immigration visa grants is anyone's guess.

Hi All,

My partner and I applied for his visa in September through the London office.. Has anyone had a CO with the initials LG?? And has anyone else who applied in September had any response on their visa outcome. We're tipping the 8 month mark and getting impatient as my visa here is up at the end of June!

Hi All,

My partner and I applied for his visa in September through the London office.. Has anyone had a CO with the initials LG?? And has anyone else who applied in September had any response on their visa outcome. We're tipping the 8 month mark and getting impatient as my visa here is up at the end of June!

My husband applied for his visa in September too and like you, we are like cats on hot tin roofs waiting! The CO is WP, but a few have had LG. I don't think it will be too long now so hang on in there :biggrin: