SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Micman,

What visa have you applied for? Ive reached the 6 months mark, patient is the frustrating word.. One which we have all had to get use to. I put my house up for sale a few weeks ago, hoping it all comes together in the next few months. As I know the earliest the visa will come is end of April. My concern is selling my house. So good to see im not the only one waiting for that to happen.

Me patient it will all come together..

Hi Becky

It's the subclass 100 partner visa (We've been together 16 years!)

Share your frustration at house selling as we've been on the market for a few weeks and have only had 2 viewings and 2 time wasters!

Reading that other people are in the same position helps though :biggrin:

Good luck with your house sale and April is really not far away now!

Best of luck with your plans. What processing time are the US quoting?

We enquired via website (can't email them direct here in US) in Dec 2013 (6 month mark) and they quoted 8 months

We enquired this month (8 month mark) and they still said 8 months so my wife called and they stepped away and checked somehing and came back and confirmed it was still ave 8 months so any time now, who knows!?

Would it take longer if they are looking at granting the full PERMANENT visa as we are married 18 years with 2 kids who are citizens?

I also see mention of people going to Oz on tourist visas and waiting it out, are customs officers not concerned when you arrive on a one-way ticket or are they understanding?

I don't really understand the 100 partner visa, though at least that seems more like that is the end of it. My Fiance as just bought a lush house near the beach in Adelaide. I just want my house to sell.. That is interesting my house as been up a few weeks and just had 2 viewings. Ive only been in the house just over a year. Im not looking to make any money just get back what I paid.. I just want my life to start its on hold here. There is nothing here for me.. I have been so anxious with my house like you.. I need to be more patient, if the worst came to it and the visa arrived I would have to rent. I don't want to do this, as I don't intend to come back and to me it will just be another stress. When I get there I want to concentrate on getting a job and getting married... I have my fingers crossed for you.. At least you have plenty of time.. I should have put my house up for sale a few months ago now.. Keep us posted...

Hi Becky

It's the subclass 100 partner visa (We've been together 16 years!)

Share your frustration at house selling as we've been on the market for a few weeks and have only had 2 viewings and 2 time wasters!

Reading that other people are in the same position helps though :biggrin:

Good luck with your house sale and April is really not far away now!

Would it take longer if they are looking at granting the full PERMANENT visa as we are married 18 years with 2 kids who are citizens?

I also see mention of people going to Oz on tourist visas and waiting it out, are customs officers not concerned when you arrive on a one-way ticket or are they understanding?

Would it take longer for PR? Not that I am aware of.

Re going to Aus on tourist visa. Plenty do this while waiting for their partner visa. Be aware you will have to go off shore for visa grant as you cannot be on shore when it's granted. You must inform your CO if you intend to do this. If you are close to grant, I'd sit tight.

my CO said they grant 309 and then 100 immediately after. I don't think it takes longer.

I arrived with my Australian partner and kids (also oz passports) on a one way ticket and no questions asked. I think you would just need to demonstrate you have the funds to buy a return ticket should they query it.

USA

email from Immigration Officer today asking for more info so looks like they are now actively reviewing it!!

Despite providing FBI check which is what they asked for seems they also now require a local police (state) check.

We also did not include any suporting statements as married 18 years and 2 kids (10+) from relationship but they still want them so good tip for anyone else.

Weirdest request is they want a certified copy of my birth certificate and status in US even though I am obviously an Australian citizen with an Australian Passport (and you need both of those to get your Oz passport)

For supporting statements do they want something really detailed as obviously her mum and cousin have know her from birth (43 years) and me 19 years?

Edited by ukaussi

I don't really understand the 100 partner visa, though at least that seems more like that is the end of it. My Fiance as just bought a lush house near the beach in Adelaide. I just want my house to sell.. That is interesting my house as been up a few weeks and just had 2 viewings. Ive only been in the house just over a year. Im not looking to make any money just get back what I paid.. I just want my life to start its on hold here. There is nothing here for me.. I have been so anxious with my house like you.. I need to be more patient, if the worst came to it and the visa arrived I would have to rent. I don't want to do this, as I don't intend to come back and to me it will just be another stress. When I get there I want to concentrate on getting a job and getting married... I have my fingers crossed for you.. At least you have plenty of time.. I should have put my house up for sale a few months ago now.. Keep us posted...

Just had a wasted 10 minute conversation with the estate agent who said she was "going to call" but didn't! Apparently there are now 3 almost identical properties in our area at £20,000 less than ours so we should drop the price to match.

I tactfully mentioned that they suggested the asking price and told us it was very competitive. I do wonder what would have happened if I hadn't called?

So we shall see if that makes a difference and we start getting some genuine buyers through the door.

As for you, if your fiance has bought a house in Adelaide, can you not live there once you have your visa or did you mean rent your UK house out until it sells?

We are planning on getting the removal company in by June and leaving another estate agent with the keys to sell the house empty if needs must as we are just throwing money away here

every month.

Jeez, they say that moving house is stressful even when you are staying in the same village. . . no wonder my blood pressure was through the roof at my medical last week!!:rolleyes:

USA

email from Immigration Officer today asking for more info so looks like they are now actively reviewing it!!

Despite providing FBI check which is what they asked for seems they also now require a local police (state) check.

We also did not include any suporting statements as married 18 years and 2 kids (10+) from relationship but they still want them so good tip for anyone else.

Weirdest request is they want a certified copy of my birth certificate and status in US even though I am obviously an Australian citizen with an Australian Passport (and you need both of those to get your Oz passport)

For supporting statements do they want something really detailed as obviously her mum and cousin have know her from birth (43 years) and me 19 years?

You are required to provide 2 stat decs from Aus citizens. Her Mum and cousin will be fine. They need to be certified etc before they are sent to you. They just write about you are a genuine couple, they know you well etc, have visited to you or you to them and the like. There are proper forms that they download and fill in for stat decs. It's all in the partner information booklet about what they want and where/what to download.

They want your full BC to verify your Aus status and other things. Also you US status to show you are there legally etc. Both those things are par for the course, not unusual at all you've been asked to provide them.

Edited by Guest

You are required to provide 2 stat decs from Aus citizens. Her Mum and cousin will be fine. They need to be certified etc before they are sent to you. They just write about you are a genuine couple, they know you well etc, have visited to you or you to them and the like. There are proper forms that they download and fill in for stat decs. It's all in the partner information booklet about what they want and where/what to download.

They want your full BC to verify your Aus status and other things. Also you US status to show you are there legally etc. Both those things are par for the course, not unusual at all you've been asked to provide them.

Thanks, we took care of almost all of that yesterday and awaiting police report.

FYI, they also advised naturally that they may still ask for more documents and that "Please note the average processing time for a complete application for a partner visa is currently 5-12 months"

I feel your pain micman... The last viewing I had on Sunday appeared very keen, agents have called 3 times and just get voicemail. Crazy thing is there is an identical house to mine down the road for £5,000 more. That is typical suggesting an asking price then stating you should reduce £20,000 that is excessive ... Ive only been in my house 15 months I just want what I paid. I'm not happy with the pics online. Hopefully my visa will be through in the next 2 months. Only thing is waiting for my house to sell. my Fiance keeps telling me not to worry. If the worst came to it then I would have to rent my house, I don't really want to I can imagine things going wrong.

At least you can leave your house to sell, I worry about covering the mortgage payments...

You should get your CO allocated soon it took a month for me...

Just had a wasted 10 minute conversation with the estate agent who said she was "going to call" but didn't! Apparently there are now 3 almost identical properties in our area at £20,000 less than ours so we should drop the price to match.

I tactfully mentioned that they suggested the asking price and told us it was very competitive. I do wonder what would have happened if I hadn't called?

So we shall see if that makes a difference and we start getting some genuine buyers through the door.

As for you, if your fiance has bought a house in Adelaide, can you not live there once you have your visa or did you mean rent your UK house out until it sells?

We are planning on getting the removal company in by June and leaving another estate agent with the keys to sell the house empty if needs must as we are just throwing money away here

every month.

Jeez, they say that moving house is stressful even when you are staying in the same village. . . no wonder my blood pressure was through the roof at my medical last week!!:rolleyes:

Wahoo! Have woken up this morning to an email from my CO stating they are ready to grant my visa and arrange to go offshore. So chuffed. 8 months and 2 weeks.

Wooohoo Congratulations BisLarcker! Iogged on to check if u had your grant....happy days :-) the long wait is over! All the best

Wahoo! Have woken up this morning to an email from my CO stating they are ready to grant my visa and arrange to go offshore. So chuffed. 8 months and 2 weeks.

Fab news.

Congratulation. Fab. news. I'm still waiting almost finishing my 8th month of a looooooong wait. Hopefully mine will go soon as well