SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi

Another quick question about my girlfriends application

My girlfriend has been divorced 10y but has not officially changed back to her maiden name but she requested that all her official docs ie passport/driving licence that she be known as her maiden name

Thanks

Gary

If all her official documents are in her maiden name, then she has changed it back to her maiden name. When you get divorced, you do not need to do a change of name deed, you simply get everything changed back to your maiden name, which it sounds like she has done.

Hi there all! Been reading through all your posts, would I be safe to say that current processing time from London appears to be 8.5 months with up to six weeks until hearing from a CO? Our application was received and money taken out on Jan 26. Haven't heard from a CO yet. Fingers crossed we will hear from someone soon! Has anyone received their visas recently? Looking forward to more discussions with you guys! :-)

Hi Seg2014!

Weve also just recently applied for defacto visa from London - about a few weeks ago. Im reading same as you, it does appear the processing time is approx 9 months. I think you get asked to have medical and police clearance done about 2 months before approval. Its a pain isnt it? I wouldnt mind if it took this long its just having to wait without being able to make any plans - sell property , finalize affairs etc - its a pain having life on hold.

Hi there all! Been reading through all your posts, would I be safe to say that current processing time from London appears to be 8.5 months with up to six weeks until hearing from a CO? Our application was received and money taken out on Jan 26. Haven't heard from a CO yet. Fingers crossed we will hear from someone soon! Has anyone received their visas recently? Looking forward to more discussions with you guys! :-)

Hi Seg2014!

Weve also just recently applied for defacto visa from London - about a few weeks ago. Im reading same as you, it does appear the processing time is approx 9 months. I think you get asked to have medical and police clearance done about 2 months before approval. Its a pain isnt it? I wouldnt mind if it took this long its just having to wait without being able to make any plans - sell property , finalize affairs etc - its a pain having life on hold.

I believe that current processing times are now at least 8-9 months. You should get assigned your CO at about 4-6 weeks in. The police checks and medicals are done about 3-4 months after the CO is assigned, not 2 months before approval. The reason that the medicals/pcc are done so much later is that you need to enter Australia before they run out (whichever is dated first). Shop around for medical check prices as they do vary.

Het guys!

I emailed my co yesterday to inform her of my new address and she answered saying that she is ready to GRANT my visa!!!

so im going to nz on monday and coming back on thursday for only 380 dolars return!!!

so it took 8 month and 11 days!

Thank you everyone and good luck to all of you!!

Het guys!

I emailed my co yesterday to inform her of my new address and she answered saying that she is ready to GRANT my visa!!!

so im going to nz on monday and coming back on thursday for only 380 dolars return!!!

so it took 8 month and 11 days!

Thank you everyone and good luck to all of you!!

Congratulations on the grant. Happy Days :biggrin:

If you mean on your signature, if you go into your profile, edit signature, add the stats and save.

Thanks for that! When do you expect to have your approval? Are you originally from oz? I am and cant wait to get back its so cold here! Are you moving to Tassie? I heard its a beautiful place ive made it as far as Melb so need to get to Tassie sometime.

Thanks for that! When do you expect to have your approval? Are you originally from oz? I am and cant wait to get back its so cold here! Are you moving to Tassie? I heard its a beautiful place ive made it as far as Melb so need to get to Tassie sometime.

Our 8-9 months means that the visa should come through around May or June, if it goes all the way to the wire so to speak. I am originally from Aus, but Brisbane. I was going to move to Tas but now my uncle in Perth wants me to go there so bowing to his wishes (and the fact that we are very close, more like father and daughter) we are going to go to Perth now! I'm just not sure how to change my name on the forums! Tas is beautiful, but then all of Aus is, as you know! Remember coming to the UK and thinking it was the most dirty, cold, horrid place on earth but I've got good memories of it and I think it'll be good for my girls in Aus; there's good and bad in both places, but I can't wait to get a bit of sunshine and I can honestly say that the heat doesn't bother me in the same way that the cold does. Don't like snow at all and can't see the attraction in the least lol.

Our 8-9 months means that the visa should come through around May or June, if it goes all the way to the wire so to speak. I am originally from Aus, but Brisbane. I was going to move to Tas but now my uncle in Perth wants me to go there so bowing to his wishes (and the fact that we are very close, more like father and daughter) we are going to go to Perth now! I'm just not sure how to change my name on the forums! Tas is beautiful, but then all of Aus is, as you know! Remember coming to the UK and thinking it was the most dirty, cold, horrid place on earth but I've got good memories of it and I think it'll be good for my girls in Aus; there's good and bad in both places, but I can't wait to get a bit of sunshine and I can honestly say that the heat doesn't bother me in the same way that the cold does. Don't like snow at all and can't see the attraction in the least lol.

Oh yes Perth thats where im from! Have you visited there its great. I think in oz we dont realise hos great we have it there esp Perth weather is almost perfect and nearly all houses have aircond so its not a drama. Im looking forward to the open space as well. Defo great place for kids!

Oh yes Perth thats where im from! Have you visited there its great. I think in oz we dont realise hos great we have it there esp Perth weather is almost perfect and nearly all houses have aircond so its not a drama. Im looking forward to the open space as well. Defo great place for kids!

Are you going back to Perth? My uncle lives NOR but I don't know where we will end up yet

Are you going back to Perth? My uncle lives NOR but I don't know where we will end up yet

Yes def back to Perth and cant wait! I used to live north of river but ill prob move to south of river. I had an older character home but now prefer more modern home - sik of renovating! I want to get a nice modern 4 x 2 but at a reasonable price and prices in Perth as rest of oz have gone up a lot. Suburb im looking at is about 30 mins or so- depending on traffic from city.

Yes def back to Perth and cant wait! I used to live north of river but ill prob move to south of river. I had an older character home but now prefer more modern home - sik of renovating! I want to get a nice modern 4 x 2 but at a reasonable price and prices in Perth as rest of oz have gone up a lot. Suburb im looking at is about 30 mins or so- depending on traffic from city.

I've been looking at a place called Orelia which is quite south but seems quiet, cheap and peaceful....knowing my luck it's full of undesirables having parties all night every night! I don't even know where I will settle but I'm not sure that I want city living anymore. Oh decisions, decisions....

I've been looking at a place called Orelia which is quite south but seems quiet, cheap and peaceful....knowing my luck it's full of undesirables having parties all night every night! I don't even know where I will settle but I'm not sure that I want city living anymore. Oh decisions, decisions....

Orelia isnt the best of areas. Not sure what your budget is have a look at a suburb called Canningvale. Im very familiar with areas in Perth - i used to work as a real estate agent. Im happy to give you my opinion on areas if you come up with other places you think you might like or give me an idea of what youd be for - happy to help a fellow Aussie!

Orelia isnt the best of areas. Not sure what your budget is have a look at a suburb called Canningvale. Im very familiar with areas in Perth - i used to work as a real estate agent. Im happy to give you my opinion on areas if you come up with other places you think you might like or give me an idea of what youd be for - happy to help a fellow Aussie!

I want somewhere a little further out, but not too far. Near a railway station in case hubby wants to get a train to work instead of driving. Good schools. Near a beach, or at least about half hour or so. I think I'm too fussy......

I will definitely look at Canningvale. I'm in no rush to buy as I want to make sure that we are in the right area for us before we take that leap, considering the costs of selling and moving.