SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

After my email last week from my CO saying my grant was on it's way I have finally received the actually grant email!!! :jiggy: I guess around 8 and half months.

I got granted the 100 as well which is great. i really wasn't sure as although we have been together for the time the CO asked for more evidence of us being together at the early stages which was difficult as we were in a shared house etc with not much in our names!!

Super excited! Now a couple of weeks of proper organisation before we go without having to worry about visa!!

Congrats as well to everyone else granted recently!!!

After my email last week from my CO saying my grant was on it's way I have finally received the actually grant email!!! :jiggy: I guess around 8 and half months.

I got granted the 100 as well which is great. i really wasn't sure as although we have been together for the time the CO asked for more evidence of us being together at the early stages which was difficult as we were in a shared house etc with not much in our names!!

Super excited! Now a couple of weeks of proper organisation before we go without having to worry about visa!!

Congrats as well to everyone else granted recently!!!

Excellent, congratulations!!

Bill Adams - I also tried to go down the small talk route but that was not really entertained by the case worker although I did get a nice message (from Caseworker) after my wedding.

Also tried a little nudge every month, asking questions relating to my application, weather, what they had been up to the weekend, the cricket etc, etc... Of which the response was always; processing time is 8-9 months, or 'I will contact you when I'm in a position to finalise your application' of which I've just hit the 8 month mark.

So here's hoping for some good news soon -the wife (Australian) wants to move home, until visa is granted we can't really plan anything, which leaves us in this strange transition limbo, knowing that at best we'll be in the UK for another 6 months.

On the flip-side I'm praying that my visa is granted, otherwise I'll have one very unhappy wife!!

themod53, the case officer I was assigned introduced herself by her full name and the correspondence was from her direct email address; assuming we don't mention CO names here?

From the experiences others have had, the approach and communication from each CO is quite different. Still, the end result justifies the means!

Bill, I agree, all dependant on the individual case office assigned and if they what to build a relationship with you throughout the process. I'm sure they're rather busy and it's hard for them / in-fact anyone to keep in regular correspondence! Think my CO works on a need to know basis. I would assume best not to mention names.

So yeah, I'm just sitting tight hoping for a very positive outcome :biggrin:

Thanks Biz - will keep you posted.

Bill, I agree, all dependant on the individual case office assigned and if they what to build a relationship with you throughout the process. I'm sure they're rather busy and it's hard for them / in-fact anyone to keep in regular correspondence! Think my CO works on a need to know basis. I would assume best not to mention names.

So yeah, I'm just sitting tight hoping for a very positive outcome :biggrin:

Thanks Biz - will keep you posted.

Sounds like you're really close to the grant, that visa grant email can't be far off. Good luck!

Hi is anyone still waiting for a CO to be assigned to them who applied late dec early jan ??? I posted application 27th Dec payment taken 6th Jan and still not had a email or letter from CO ???

Hi Beaga,

I applied 11 Dec and CO was assigned on Monday (10 Feb). Like others have said I wouldn't worry, your countdown has begun! Easier said than done though, it was definitely a relief to finally hear back. Nice to find someone on a similar timeline.

Are the SPOUSE visas processed in the country they are submitted or are they all processed in Australia?

Info I found online seems to point to them ALL being processed in Australia.

FWIW, we submitted my wife's application last June 6th and we are also still waiting after 8 months.

We are in the USA and married 18 years with 2 kids over 10 who are both Australian citizens

Are the SPOUSE visas processed in the country they are submitted or are they all processed in Australia?

Info I found online seems to point to them ALL being processed in Australia.

FWIW, we submitted my wife's application last June 6th and we are also still waiting after 8 months.

We are in the USA and married 18 years with 2 kids over 10 who are both Australian citizens

The CO is in the country of application but they are sent for approval to the Chief Immigration Officer, and one assumes that he/she is in Australia.

Hi ! Im new to this site so please bear with me - gotta get used to how all this works!

My partner and i have not long applied for 309/100 visa to oz. From what im reading it appears itll take at least 8/9 months before approval?

If a visa was to be refused would it take as long to be notified or would immi let a person know earlier?

Hi ! Im new to this site so please bear with me - gotta get used to how all this works!

My partner and i have not long applied for 309/100 visa to oz. From what im reading it appears itll take at least 8/9 months before approval?

If a visa was to be refused would it take as long to be notified or would immi let a person know earlier?

It is certainly taking the 8/9 months going by people's experience on here and I certainly hope they let you know ASAP if you do not meet the criteria rather than at the end of that processing time or else I'm stuffed!

Edited by BizLarker
Spelling

Well by the looks of it you shouldnt be too far away for a response and a positive one i hope for you! I do hope someone can answer the question tho re if we would be told earlish if an application was going to be declined. We really would like to make plans for moving ie sell property but really one is left on limbo!

If you meet the time requirements, provided all the documents and information required, passed medical and your police check was clear, I'd think you would be fine.

If your CO requires more documentation or info they ask for it pretty quickly. You then get X amount if days to supply it. If they tell you they have everything they need, try not to fret.

Are there genuine concerns about your visa possibly being declined for some reason? If not, don't stress about it. If there are, say substantial criminal record, you'd be best off using an agent and following their advice.

I know we have enough evidence re our relationship with joint accnts , wills , stat decs etc. We have concerns re 12 month cohabitation. Weve been in a relationship for a few years and for past 13 months ive been living in uk with my partner however for a few months i had to return to oz to work - so that means weve been living together for about 11 months. Ive been reassured by my migration agent that it wont pose a problem but im a little nervous and now regret not waiting an extra month but then again id think agent wouldve advised us to wait if it was necessary- after all thats what we paid for appropriate advice. Im hoping im worrying over nothing!

I know we have enough evidence re our relationship with joint accnts , wills , stat decs etc. We have concerns re 12 month cohabitation. Weve been in a relationship for a few years and for past 13 months ive been living in uk with my partner however for a few months i had to return to oz to work - so that means weve been living together for about 11 months. Ive been reassured by my migration agent that it wont pose a problem but im a little nervous and now regret not waiting an extra month but then again id think agent wouldve advised us to wait if it was necessary- after all thats what we paid for appropriate advice. Im hoping im worrying over nothing!

As that was a short term thing for work purposes I would think like your agent and hope it would not be a problem. You were still a couple, still sharing a life together and so on. Sometimes people have to travel with work so I'd trust your agent to steer you right on it. A decent reputable migration agent should know their stuff :)

Thanks a lot snifter hope so , im sure as usual im worrying over nothing! Yes agent is from reputable firm. As i was saying earlier i just have to hope if anything is a problem that immi would advise sooner rather than later. Im fine with waiting however long for a visa - i will be pretty upset tk wait all that time for a negative result! See im off being negative again! Thanks again for your helpful words. Have u seen many people on here get denied partner visas?

Guest Sdavis654
No :cry:

Thinking I might email next week as concerned about my PCC expiring. Don't want to pester though. Someone with same case officer got granted only yesterday and they applied nearly 3 weeks before me. What do you reckon?

Liz, I sent mine an email on Tuesday with an update on my travels them got the grant through the next day. I never asked what was happening with the visa, just that I was eagerly awaiting their decision. It might be worthwhile just prompting them so they don't leave you at the bottom of the pile.

Liz, I sent mine an email on Tuesday with an update on my travels them got the grant through the next day. I never asked what was happening with the visa, just that I was eagerly awaiting their decision. It might be worthwhile just prompting them so they don't leave you at the bottom of the pile.

Thanks for your comments. I don't really have any updates for them. My only concern is the PCC expiring before I am able to enter AUsralia on my partner visa which won't be a concern for them as they advise not to get done too early but I missed that!!

Thanks for your comments. I don't really have any updates for them. My only concern is the PCC expiring before I am able to enter AUsralia on my partner visa which won't be a concern for them as they advise not to get done too early but I missed that!!

Why don't you email and just ask how your case is progressing. Start off with Hope you are well etc and then just say can you tell me how things are progressing please. When does your PCC run out? It's still only February so you still have a couple of months yet, try not to panic!

Why don't you email and just ask how your case is progressing. Start off with Hope you are well etc and then just say can you tell me how things are progressing please. When does your PCC run out? It's still only February so you still have a couple of months yet, try not to panic!

Thanks. Will see how I go next week and revisit. It expires mid April. Stupidly got it done far too early as I thought it would take an age to process (not that I envisaged problems, clean as a whistle me!)

Hi does anyone know if a partner visa 309/100 to oz was to be refused in what timeline would immigration normally advise? Eg at beginning middle or end ?? Im prob just being paranoid! As prev posts im little concerned re cohabitation period.

Have you been asked to provide more information by your CO? If they felt they didn't have enough to make a decision they would usually contact you for more to help finalise their postion in being able to make decision is how I understand it. So not being asked for anything further is a good sign in my book.

I was asked to provide 2 things extra by my CO. We had been expecting it but waited to be asked. One was proof of my OH's visa status in the UK and the other was our sons full BC with both our names on it to show us both listed. Once I provided those my CO said thank you and that was it.

Honestly, try not to worry. You went through an agent and if you've done your homework there and hired a good one, they should know what they are talking about and can guide you properly.

As to answering your exact question, I am not sure. I've read of people being declined their partner visa but usually when they fail to provide further evidence etc and they then don't meet the CO's requests and therefore the visa requirements to satisfy the CO are not met. I have also read of people gaining a partner visa without the co habiting requirement being fully met. Its far more complex than simply being under the same roof and if you are in a committed permanent relationship and had to go work in Aus for a couple of months I don't see that as any different to my OH going to work in India for a while. We were still together, still sharing a home, bills and so on. Just he had to go work in India for a while. Didn't mean we were not a couple or not genuine for that period of time.

Thanks a lot for your comments! Are you also waiting for visa approval? Ill try and not worry i just have to trust my agent has it all in hand. Id love to know stats on applications made through agents and the approval rates - would be interesting i would think they should mostly always get approved as they wouldnt recommend applying if not likely to be approved. I hope thats the case anyway.