SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all,

An update Hubby has just received his confirmation email from co stating his subclass 100 has been granted today :biggrin: Finally the wait is over, it took exactly 5months and 1 day. So very excited and relieved the wait is now over.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Well done bet ur glad the wait is over, hopefully will get mine in few weeks i was feb 23rd.

Guest wardie77
Visa granted today

Yipppeeeee!!!

:laugh:

Well done Jimjam!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!

They are certainly on the issuing ball today! Did AB grant you a 309 or 100???

Guest Jimjam
Well done Jimjam!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!

They are certainly on the issuing ball today! Did AB grant you a 309 or 100???

He granted me the 100. Looks like they're working through a big batch today! Very happy :)

Guest Jimjam
Hi all,

An update Hubby has just received his confirmation email from co stating his subclass 100 has been granted today :biggrin: Finally the wait is over, it took exactly 5months and 1 day. So very excited and relieved the wait is now over.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

YAY WELL DONE,

I got mine today too, subclass 100

:laugh:

Congrats JimJam. Thats amazing news. Bet you are soo relieved.

That took only 137 days, looks like the new financial year theory is starting to work.

I am leaving on the 8th August which means i need it to be granted in 135 days in order to not have to leave Australia for three days, it would also mean that i get double baggage allowance.

Will save me stupid amounts of money if granted before.

Thanks for giving me some hope. :)

Guest Jimjam
Just found out, 100 visa granted!! 6 months of torture (waiting) over...we are so relieved!!!

:)

Yay well done, saw your post this morning and was hoping yours would get granted soon.

Got mine today too :)

Guest wardie77
WHOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Delighted for you Mel! Super news! good luck with the move !

Hey Nimhug! Did you get your visa today?????

BIG CONGATULATIONS for all of you that have just recieved your visas!!! Excellent news!!

I contacted my CO yesterday to check she had the results of my medical, she said all is fine and she doesn't need any more evidence. So now just have to wait til October/November for it to be approved! YAY, long wait ahead!

Guest Tavajkovia

Hi everyone!

My partner is hoping to get his visa grant soon so I thought I'd share his stats:

Application lodged: 02/02/2012 (frontloaded police checks)

Case officer (PS): 06/02/2012

Medicals: 17/02/2012

Visa grant advised: Early July

Fingers crossed! Congrats to those who got their visas granted!

Edited by Tavajkovia

Guest nimhug
Hey Nimhug! Did you get your visa today?????

Warden, no, sorry, I just got very excited for Mel! It's been so long since there has been a bitta action! Hopefully not long now! New financial year has had some impact!

Big CONGRATS to Mel14 and Jimjam on your visas, fantastic feeling hey, seems so real now. We can't wait to finally start our life in oz. A big thank you to everyone for your kind words. Definitely looks like AH is on a roll, hopefully we will start to see a lot more being granted now.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting

Congratulations to all of those visa holders, Whoop Whoop, Finally some movement:biggrin:. I didn't get a chance to come on here yesterday, it sure was exciting catching up this morning! Not long now, according to Daves spreadsheet only 23 more days! Not that I am counting!

A huge congratulations to all who have had their visas!

Have been watching the posts for a long while now, it's good to see familiar names finally getting granted! It's weird how lots have been grant in a short period of time. Can't wait til oct time to finally post our "got it" post.

Xx Katy

Hello, if you are like me and interested in how long it is taking the high commission in London to process applications for Spouse, Defacto and interdependency (Subclass 309 via the 47SP application), then please add your details to this thread.

12weeks is their standard quoted time but it seems some are granted much faster, especially if front loaded (Medicals and police checks completed prior to submission).

I'm applying for a slightly different visa, the subclass 300 (prospective marriage) although both the Australian and London websites state that both the 300 marriage and 309 spouse visas have exactly the same processing times of around 6 months (http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/5.0.htm and http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_processing_times.html)

Does this mean that the 12 week waiting time quoted by the original poster in 2009 has increased since - or are 309 spousal visas for some reason taking much less time to approve than 300 marriage ones, despite the waiting times quoted being exactly the same (6 months not 12 weeks for both.)

Ive got SV. Will be making appointment for medicals on Monday. Has anyone been to Manchester for their medical? IF you did, did you go to Bridgewater or Whalley Range clinic?

I went to the Bridgewater clinic which cost £260, so exactly the same fee as the one in Whalley Range. I was only there for half an hour, they got everything done quickly without any waiting in between although it was very thorough (get ready to be poked and prodded in only your underwear!) I hadn't shaved... it was pretty embarrassing.

Edited by LauraF

I'm applying for a slightly different visa, the subclass 300 (prospective marriage) although both the Australian and London websites state that both the 300 marriage and 309 spouse visas have exactly the same processing times of around 6 months (http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/5.0.htm and http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_processing_times.html)

Does this mean that the 12 week waiting time quoted by the original poster in 2009 has increased since - or are 309 spousal visas for some reason taking much less time to approve than 300 marriage ones, despite the waiting times quoted being exactly the same (6 months not 12 weeks for both.)

Supposedly the wait time is 5-6 months. Certainly looking through previous posts it appears that this is the case. The ocassional person seems to get theirs done in 4 months. However i wonder whether now they are in a new "visa year" (from 1 July 2012 ) any backlog - i think there were more applications than expected last year - may be cleared and they might start to catch up. Who knows?

It is frustrating having to wait but i think its best to just chill and accept there will be not much news forthcoming , following a 300 or 309/100 application , for several months once it starts getting processed.

Yes looking at recent stories it looks like it really will be the time stated but I hoped that was an over estimation and subject to individual applications (I think mine is a straight forward case, so hoped would make a difference). I just wondered because in this thread in 2009 people seemed to be getting their visas approved in only a couple of weeks - now it is 6 months that is a big difference. Is this due to newly introduced capping/ an increase in applications or did those people just get lucky?

Do you know whether that will that count from when I submitted my application or when they received the additional police and health check they asked for?

I know I should just chill but I can't. We've already been apart for 4 months, so plus the 6 months waiting time then another month to sort out flights etc, that's a year apart.... scary.

Edited by LauraF

Yes looking at recent stories it looks like it really will be the time stated but I hoped that was an over estimation and subject to individual applications (I think mine is a straight forward case, so hoped would make a difference). I just wondered because in this thread in 2009 people seemed to be getting their visas approved in only a couple of weeks - now it is 6 months that is a big difference. Is this due to newly introduced capping/ an increase in applications or did those people just get lucky?

Do you know whether that will that count from when I submitted my application or when they received the additional police and health check they asked for?

I know I should just chill but I can't. We've already been apart for 4 months, so plus the 6 months waiting time then another month to sort out flights etc, that's a year apart.... scary.

Hi Laura

Point of application not when they have everything is when the timer starts ticking. No idea why it takes the time it does - mostly it seems first in first out; so I doubt simple/complex cases vary too much.

Thanks Dave, well that's just taken my current waiting time only up to 3 weeks... so another 5 months to go perhaps.

Additionally, I'm now worried that we should have applied for a 309 spousal since we've been together for 3 years and have lived together. On the PMV I know we'll have to apply for the 309 after 9 months which is additional cost and stress at the same time we're getting married and trying to move in together on an extremely limited budget.

We decided against spousal since we didn't have the documentation outlined in booklet one of "setting up a household together" and absolutely no shared financial bills - since we lived with each other at our parents places and had very little evidence of a 'de facto' relationship. With the 300 PMV apart from the intention of marriage certificate - all we sent to prove our relationship were declarations from people of our relationship and bank statements showing overlap of address.... that would not have been enough for a 309 spousal visa right? ... or is it worth asking my case officer. I'm not even sure whether it can be "swapped" at this point anyway but I suppose I'd like the absolute ease of mind that we did the right thing.

Edited by LauraF

Guest Courty7105

Congratulations to everyone who's visa has come through!!! I can't seem to add myself to thw spreadsheet..... Can someone help??? Applied for the PMV, money taken 16th of April.. CO is SV.....

That's tough if you are apart, sorry to hear that. I am living with Aussie partner here in UKL at the moment so it's not too awful waiting, although if you're impatient like i am , still a bit tedious.

i really think they just process in date received order unless there are very special circumstances.

i think the clock starts ticking from when they receive your application rather than meds etc.

From what i understand from friends, the grapevine etc, yes, 309/100's were being processed in a few weeks to a couple of months in 2009 in straightforward cases.

I am pretty certain that is no longer the case. Although when i got my meds done last week, the doctor said to me (oh well, they'll be almost ready to issue your visa if you've got to the stage of submitting medicals". Reading people's replies this is clearly not the case any more, although it probably was 2 or 3 years ago. Why it has changed i don't know. I think possibly there have been a fair number of changes to the immigration system over the past 3 years and perhaps ( speculating ) that some of the resourcing may hve been pulled onto other aspects of the system in more need . Or new systems may have been taking time to bed in . Or it may be a case of numbers .

Certainly everyone you speak to says getting a partner visa is straightforward compared to other routes. However it is tedious to wait.

Guest lemongirl

Hi all, I sent my application in end of May, had a CO assigned about 1 week later with medical and police check requests. I had my medical done June 14th and sent off the police check as well as some additional bits and pieces he required just this week. I'm waiting for a Canadian police check as well, which can take around 4 months apparently, but my CO still seems to think we'll have our visa granted around October :) He is going straight for permanent residency for me, as we've been together 8 years, married 3 years and have 2 kids together, so no question about our commitment or anything.

DH was offered a job in Newcastle NSW, and we have to be there begining of August, so I'll be going in on a tourist visa and continue the wait for the 100 while I'm there. Maybe pop over to Fiji or something once granted. I can't wait!!!

Thanks Dave, well that's just taken my current waiting time only up to 3 weeks... so another 5 months to go perhaps.

Additionally, I'm now worried that we should have applied for a 309 spousal since we've been together for 3 years and have lived together. On the PMV I know we'll have to apply for the 309 after 9 months which is additional cost and stress at the same time we're getting married and trying to move in together on an extremely limited budget.

We decided against spousal since we didn't have the documentation outlined in booklet one of "setting up a household together" and absolutely no shared financial bills - since we lived with each other at our parents places and had very little evidence of a 'de facto' relationship. With the 300 PMV apart from the intention of marriage certificate - all we sent to prove our relationship were declarations from people of our relationship and bank statements showing overlap of address.... that would not have been enough for a 309 spousal visa right? ... or is it worth asking my case officer. I'm not even sure whether it can be "swapped" at this point anyway but I suppose I'd like the absolute ease of mind that we did the right thing.

I don't know if you did the right thing or not. Seems like you went the safer route though.