SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest muffinbuns

We applied at the start of December, still waiting. *sigh* Getting a little bit over waiting now, especially when we were told we would get it in May, then June, now we've also been told July.

The visa quota year does run from July to June, or it used to. They may have already reached the quota for this year and as you said once July comes there may be a lot getting approved.

People are getting grants still.....

We applied at the start of December, still waiting. *sigh* Getting a little bit over waiting now, especially when we were told we would get it in May, then June, now we've also been told July.

There are other people who have had their visa a month sooner than yours. Have you had any justification for it?

Seems a bit unfair.

Guest muffinbuns

No justification. Our case is straight forward, no previous marriages or children, etc. The only reason I can think of is that our CO went on maternity leave a few months ago and when we hadn't heard anything, we called up about the progress, to be told then that we were being given another CO. Perhaps that has slowed it down? I don't know. Either way, it's frustrating living in different countries, just waiting with our lives on hold until he gets this visa!

No justification. Our case is straight forward, no previous marriages or children, etc. The only reason I can think of is that our CO went on maternity leave a few months ago and when we hadn't heard anything, we called up about the progress, to be told then that we were being given another CO. Perhaps that has slowed it down? I don't know. Either way, it's frustrating living in different countries, just waiting with our lives on hold until he gets this visa!

You are over 6 months now aren't you? Have you tried complaining to your new CO?

Dave

Guest muffinbuns

It will be 6 months next week. We have called our new CO multiple times, and he has been the one who said come July a lot will be granted so give him another call then to 'remind him' and he will make sure it's done then.

Guest wardie77
It will be 6 months next week. We have called our new CO multiple times, and he has been the one who said come July a lot will be granted so give him another call then to 'remind him' and he will make sure it's done then.

This seems rather odd to me... seems like they are trying to reduce the influx of partners to Aus... perhaps there is a secret quota they don't tell anyone about...

Guest muffinbuns

Do you think? I just don't know, I mean, I've not exactly been in this position before. Who would you even call to complain to, the embassy themselves?

I just thought we would have been granted it by now :(!

Hi all,

Got some good news today, so wanted to share it with you all, as am reading this thread almost daily.

Email from CO today, all docs in, hubby being considered for subclass 100! woohhooo!

CO said it will be 5 months from date of lodgement, so that's early October for us. I am sorry to read that some of you have been waiting 6 months, so will hold back with giving notice or putting house on market, as 5 months could become 6 by the sounds of it .

Feel like we are genuinely in the queue now! Yay!!

I've just been granted my de facto visa. I'm in the gym, just checked my email on my iPhone and have the confirmation email saying its approved. I'm trying not to cry on the cross trainer !!!!!

Guest wardie77
I've just been granted my de facto visa. I'm in the gym, just checked my email on my iPhone and have the confirmation email saying its approved. I'm trying not to cry on the cross trainer !!!!!

bl00dy hell Harvey!!! That is great news! So pleased for you!!! I think you should get off the treadmill immediately and go to the pub!

After all that waiting it has finally come good, and also finally someone in December getting approved!

I am off to update the spreadsheet DaveS set up.

Hi all,

Got some good news today, so wanted to share it with you all, as am reading this thread almost daily.

Email from CO today, all docs in, hubby being considered for subclass 100! woohhooo!

CO said it will be 5 months from date of lodgement, so that's early October for us. I am sorry to read that some of you have been waiting 6 months, so will hold back with giving notice or putting house on market, as 5 months could become 6 by the sounds of it .

Feel like we are genuinely in the queue now! Yay!!

Don't you mean the 309 visa ?

Guest wardie77
Don't you mean the 309 visa ?

Some of us are going straight onto the Subclass100 - it is all dependant on what length of time you have been together and also your circumstances. I too am going straight to the Subclass100.

Guest wardie77
Damn - just saw what that makes my expected date... 05/09/2012 !!! :-(

I know - pushes mine until 2 days before I land in Aus!

Guest wardie77
Doh! Lets hope Harvey had a bit of a delay due to migration agent trouble.

So the next person who is on the spreadsheet is mm.bz.

Muffinbuns is still hangin on... should have been granted ages ago!