SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest charleysmum74
Would this work for Horseriding boots as well? If so, where can you buy it?

I woud imagine so. I'd do it as you don't want a charge from quarantine when you get your stuff back. You can buy it from most supermarkets.

C ;)

Guest charleysmum74

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Application[/TH]

[TH=colspan: 2]Lodged in Australia[/TH]

[TH=colspan: 2]Lodged outside Australia[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: blankcell] [/TD]

[TD]Low Risk[/TD]

[TD]High Risk[/TD]

[TD]Low Risk[/TD]

[TD]High Risk[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Prospective Marriage

(subclass 300)

[/TD]

[TD]n/a[/TD]

[TD]n/a[/TD]

[TD]5 months[/TD]

[TD]12 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Partner (temporary)

(subclass 309, 820)

[/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[TD]8 months[/TD]

[TD]5 months[/TD]

[TD]12 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Partner (permanent)

(subclass 100, 801)

[/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[TD]8 months[/TD]

[TD]6 months[/TD]

[TD]8 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Child

(subclass 101, 102, 117, 445, 802, 837)

[/TD]

[TD]7 months[/TD]

[TD]8 months[/TD]

[TD]3 months[/TD]

[TD]14 months[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary)

(subclass 461)

[/TD]

[TD]2 months[/TD]

[TD]3 months[/TD]

[TD]2 months[/TD]

[TD]3 months [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Parent

(subclass 103, 804)

[/TD]

[TD]capped and queued[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Contributory Parent

(subclass 143, 173, 864, 884)

[/TD]

[TD]capped[/TD]

[TD]capped[/TD]

[TD]capped[/TD]

[TD]capped[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Other Family

(subclass 114, 115, 116, 835, 836, 838)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hi all,

Ijust took this from the DIAC website, I guess we're getting told 5-6 months is because the temp part of the visa is 5 and the perm bit is approx 6.

Hope this help.

C

Guest charleysmum74

I have literally just had an email from my CO who said that my visa will be granted early September. I applied on 11th April. Hope this provides some comfort x

Guest wardie77
I have literally just had an email from my CO who said that my visa will be granted early September. I applied on 11th April. Hope this provides some comfort x

Who is your CO? That is certainly some comfort... Are you getting the 309 or straight to the 100?

I really hope mine is going to come through by the 3rd Sept before we fly out...

Who is your CO? That is certainly some comfort... Are you getting the 309 or straight to the 100?

I really hope mine is going to come through by the 3rd Sept before we fly out...

I think I'm right in saying that Charleysmum74 and I both have CO SV, I'm sure I read that earlier in thread somewhere (apologies if I'm wrong!) and I was given a grant date of mid august for a 309 visa...and this was back in March, so it doesn't look like there's that much of a delay? Unless they only tell you when you're closer to your grant date of course!

Thanks guys! I've never used forums before but I have to say they are really good if this one is anything to go by. I got an email today requesting I go for a medical exam! I'm really excited now, but I have to remember its still going to take ages! lol.

Congratultions Bazinga on getting your visa, bet youre mega happy!!! :)

I must say i'm really tempted to go out 3 months early. Currently me ad my aussie partner are in the UK but living seperately, we have a 5 month old son who lives with me. We are both living in tiny rooms in shared houses so we want to get over to Oz ASAP so we can live as a family. I wouldn't want to work yet as i'd like to stay at home with baby until he's a bit older. So i'm thinking going over earlier would be fine. it also means we could be sorted ready for xmas, whereas if we wait it'll be end of November when the visa is granted. I can't wait!! Where is everyone looking to move to? We are looking at Hervey Bay.

Hi Maisem,

Welcome to PIO it really is a brilliant site with so many helpful people with such invaluable info, you will soon be addicted, I certainly am. My hubby applied in February, he has been told his subclass 100 will be granted in July. We have booked our tickets, arriving in Brisbane in December just in time for Christmas, so excited!!! We too are also hoping to live in Hervey Bay my parents and brother live there. But all will depend on where hubby can find work. We have a house in Brisbane so may end up there, may have better job prospects there, still really hoping to settle in the Bay though. It is wonderful, great place for families. We have had our shipping quotes come through, so just weighing them all up before making a decision. So much to do so little time, I feel December will be here before we know it.

Lots of luck with your move to oz

Guest charleysmum74

Hi Wardie,

My CO is SV. She also told me yesterday that I am being considered for the 100. Basically, I applied on 11th April, 5 months from then will be 11th September. I enter Melbourne on 18th July which means my 3 month ETA expires on 18th September so I'm hoping I will only have to leave and come re enter once, and that will be when my permanent visa is granted. SV can't tell me at the mo if this will happen or not. I guess I may go to the Immigration office in Melbourne a couple of weeks before my ETA expires to discuss with someone in person if I haven't heard anything about my 100 by then. I had to do this before to get a bridging visa for a 457 and they were really helpful.

When did you apply? You could always enter on an ETA like I'm doing then leave once your spouse visa is granted????

Hope this helps, C

Guest wardie77
Hi Wardie,

My CO is SV. She also told me yesterday that I am being considered for the 100. Basically, I applied on 11th April, 5 months from then will be 11th September. I enter Melbourne on 18th July which means my 3 month ETA expires on 18th September so I'm hoping I will only have to leave and come re enter once, and that will be when my permanent visa is granted. SV can't tell me at the mo if this will happen or not. I guess I may go to the Immigration office in Melbourne a couple of weeks before my ETA expires to discuss with someone in person if I haven't heard anything about my 100 by then. I had to do this before to get a bridging visa for a 457 and they were really helpful.

When did you apply? You could always enter on an ETA like I'm doing then leave once your spouse visa is granted????

Hope this helps, C

Hi C,

Thanks for your info, SV seems very helpful in giving you timings. I am also going straight to the 100 so hopefully we are in the same boat. I applied on the 26/03 and will be landing on the 15/09. I have an ETA already which is valid until next year (3 month stay max per visit) but like you I am hoping that my PR comes through before I fly. 26/08 would be 5 months.

Thanks for your help.

B

Guest wardie77
I think I'm right in saying that Charleysmum74 and I both have CO SV, I'm sure I read that earlier in thread somewhere (apologies if I'm wrong!) and I was given a grant date of mid august for a 309 visa...and this was back in March, so it doesn't look like there's that much of a delay? Unless they only tell you when you're closer to your grant date of course!

Thanks, I wish my CO would say that. he is sticking to the 5-6 months. Perhaps he got burnt in the past by giving a specific date to someone...

Anyway, if other CO's are saying around 5 months mine should come good towards the end of August.

Thanks, I wish my CO would say that. he is sticking to the 5-6 months. Perhaps he got burnt in the past by giving a specific date to someone...

Anyway, if other CO's are saying around 5 months mine should come good towards the end of August.

Wardie what personal documents did you get back? Just curious...

Guest wardie77
Wardie what personal documents did you get back? Just curious...

We got all our cards, some photos, bank statements etc... can't remember all of them though, but they sent back the majority of the non essential stuff. Basically I think they kept all the docs that were certified such as stat decs, marriage cert etc...

If any of you are interested I thought it might be nice to collate dates from the forum...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aopvk3Y5mD7HdGp5V2hESFluN3V0QWNBTDg2TWJoLVE

Feel free to add/remove/amend your details from the spreadsheet I made it world editable.

Dave

Hi Dave S

Thanks for including us in this spread sheet, we both found it very useful. It is nice to see at a glance what period of time people have waited.

How could Australia not want you with such magnificent spreadsheet skills! :biggrin:

Hi Maisem,

Welcome to PIO it really is a brilliant site with so many helpful people with such invaluable info, you will soon be addicted, I certainly am. My hubby applied in February, he has been told his subclass 100 will be granted in July. We have booked our tickets, arriving in Brisbane in December just in time for Christmas, so excited!!! We too are also hoping to live in Hervey Bay my parents and brother live there. But all will depend on where hubby can find work. We have a house in Brisbane so may end up there, may have better job prospects there, still really hoping to settle in the Bay though. It is wonderful, great place for families. We have had our shipping quotes come through, so just weighing them all up before making a decision. So much to do so little time, I feel December will be here before we know it.

Lots of luck with your move to oz

Thank you, I've heard good things about the bay, just unemployment seems to be the downside from everyone i've spoken to. we will obviously fly into Brisbane and probably have to stay with my partners sister who lives in Scarbrough for a bit while my partner finds work, do you think he'd have more luck looking in marybrough? neither of us have ever been to hervey bay, my partner is from tenterfield NSW and when i spent my time in oz i went against the grain and travelled the west coast and northern territory so really don't know the east coast. my partner has however spent an obscene amount of time on google maps and google pages and has fallen in love with hervey bay, he knows his way around the majority of it by learning the maps. lol. i can't wait to get over there! just pray he can find work and a place to rent, just wanna live as a family :)

also....we have the same case officer...have you had much contact? is she helpful?

Hey guys where is that thread? Can't find it. Visa granted today it was called.

Dave could you add me. I applied jan 20th spouse PR in London and MT is my CO and told end of june( earliest).

Cheers!!

Amazing!!! Congratulations, so that was under the 5 month window???? Well done :jiggy:

Guest charleysmum74
Amazing!!! Congratulations, so that was under the 5 month window???? Well done :jiggy:

Ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa! I nearly did the same, then reread the post and deleted my post of reply of congratulations as I felt like a right plonker lol!

i was told yesterday to expect my visa by the end of the next working week (8th june ). about bloody time, we lodged on 21st december !

Guest ScOz

Great news, thanks for sharing, posts like this DO provide some comfort

Guest Bazinga

Please please please don't take what your co says as gospel until you get the approval email. We did, cost us a lot of $, luckily we got our visa after we appealed about having to wait past the date we were originally given.