SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just wanted to ask, we would like a long lead in time

Hello, congrats on being nearly ready to apply. Unless I've missed something, why don't you just wait a couple of months rather than rely on a long lead time/CO remembering to issue late on? If time is on your side submitting in Aug/Sept/Oct will mean granting in plenty of time for next next July, and you'll have a bit of time spare just in case your plans move back a months or so?

Good luck.

Hello, congrats on being nearly ready to apply. Unless I've missed something, why don't you just wait a couple of months rather than rely on a long lead time/CO remembering to issue late on? If time is on your side submitting in Aug/Sept/Oct will mean granting in plenty of time for next next July, and you'll have a bit of time spare just in case your plans move back a months or so?

Good luck.

I'm cautious because aside from the annual price hike there has been talk of putting in additional fees for dependants. As we have 3 kids if this were the case it coukd prove a very costly increase. Not entirely sure if that is the intention for the spouses visa but without being certain I'd rather not take the chance. We havea loan ending in sept next year and my youngest would start school so its a good time to go for us.Obv though we'll be looking for jobs sober,as this would solve concern of going with a loan over or heads

Guest wardie77
Hi Lhigman! I forget... when did you submit your paperwork originally? My CO is a bit more tight fisted with the date ;)

Dave

Hi DaveS, I have been trying to get some clarity from our CO (AB) with regards to a grant date as I want to book my flights. My wifes UK visa finishes in August so want to head out the start of Sept. He is sticking to his 5-6 month timeframe... I can understand it but just frustrating as other CO's seem at least give an indication or a "yes you can book your flight" response... have you heard anything further at all?

I think I am just going to have to risk it and leave Aus for a few days if it hasn't been granted...

Hi DaveS, I have been trying to get some clarity from our CO (AB) with regards to a grant date as I want to book my flights. My wifes UK visa finishes in August so want to head out the start of Sept. He is sticking to his 5-6 month timeframe... I can understand it but just frustrating as other CO's seem at least give an indication or a "yes you can book your flight" response... have you heard anything further at all?

I think I am just going to have to risk it and leave Aus for a few days if it hasn't been granted...

Hey Wardie. Yeah we have AB as well. He has been great - and it is probably a sign of his professionalism that he does not give us any further clarification.

So to answer your question I haven't heard anything further.

I guess ill have my visa around mid-late August.

I suppose the only useful thing I can say is that you can look at other peoples estimated dates and find your own yourself. They are in the same queue - being treated in exactly the same way regardless of CO. So find someone with a similar submission date and knock off/add on those few days.

Dave

I was supposed to have my visa granted in mid April. It's now past mid may and there's still no whiff of approval. Our flight is booked for 3rd July and only have 43 days. So i am Stressing !

I was supposed to have my visa granted in mid April. It's now past mid may and there's still no whiff of approval. Our flight is booked for 3rd July and only have 43 days. So i am Stressing !

When did you apply Harvey88?

@Harvey 88 have you had any information from your CO?

I don't have my case officers contact details. Every time I ask my agent for my CO's email address or phone number he says no need I will ring hi for you. And never does...

That's exactly 5 months then Harvey. You hopefully have a very small number of days remaining... looking forward to your next post ;)

6 months from mid december... Yea I'm hoping it's going to be any day now, will let u all know when I know.

Guest Chelsea976
Posted my application yesterday. Now sitting in a Royal Mail depot until Monday. Putting it together reminded me of my Uni thesis - you think it's almost ready but the final details take so much longer than they should. Getting all the copies of docs certified was a particular pain; the solicitor was fed up of seeing us in the end.

We went fairly minimal on the evidence. Just went with what was on the checklist, plus Wills and the usual stuff (photos, wedding invites etc). Didn't front load with meds and police check (though I have sent off my police check in anticipation of the request).

So I'll be keeping a close eye on the Royal Mail tracker on Monday!

John

Hey, we are in the same boat as you! We sent application on saturday we have'nt front loaded but as you my hubby has sent off for police check so its all ready when they request it.

Ive already been on the tracker this morn and its being processed..the lady at post office did say would get there by 1pm tuesday but I cant help but check it!!

Good luck with it all!!

Chelsea

6 months from mid december... Yea I'm hoping it's going to be any day now, will let u all know when I know.

You have waited 5 months to the day.

Its probably going to arrive this week. Please update us when it does ;)

Dave

Spoke to my migration agent today, a bit worried as I have booked my flight for the first week of August, my CO said that she hoped to grant my Spouse Visa on or around the 21st July, 5 months from application and I hoped by leaving it an extra 2 weeks, it would cover me. But due to changes on the 1st July, could result in delays in VISA's. I will have been apart from my OH 6 months by the time I fly back to OZ, so a delay would be a nightmare!!!! As anyone else been told of delays?? :confused:

Guest MrsWooky

Do you know the reason for the delays Polly? We are really lucky that we are both in the UK and will be moving over together (husband has dual nationality). Well, hopefully, as long as they grant me a visa! I don't think I could cope with the uncertainty like you and some others do on here. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

Guest mrslp

I emailed my CO in April to ask if he had any idea when he would process my 300 PMV (applied 15 Dec 2011) he said mid May, so 5 months.

Today he told me it will be early July as there are only a handful if visa places left for this year.

Haven't seen my OH for nearly 3 months and I leave my job next week. aaarrrrgggghhhh

Hey, we are in the same boat as you! We sent application on saturday we have'nt front loaded but as you my hubby has sent off for police check so its all ready when they request it.

Ive already been on the tracker this morn and its being processed..the lady at post office did say would get there by 1pm tuesday but I cant help but check it!!

Good luck with it all!!

Chelsea

Hi Chelsea

The parcel was signed for at 8.30am and the application fee is already out of my account! I'll now be regularly checking into my email for something from the CO...

John

Guest Bazinga

I thought 309/100 visas weren't supposed to have a 'cap' on them. Sounds like there will be a flood of approvals in July then.

Guest Bazinga
I emailed my CO in April to ask if he had any idea when he would process my 300 PMV (applied 15 Dec 2011) he said mid May, so 5 months.

Today he told me it will be early July as there are only a handful if visa places left for this year.

Haven't seen my OH for nearly 3 months and I leave my job next week. aaarrrrgggghhhh

Email him. Say you planned everything around the date he gave you, ie leaving your job etc ask if it can be grantee now if he says no ask to speak to a supervisor. Did he give you a specific date or just the month? If they gave you a specific date you might be in with a chance.

I thought 309/100 visas weren't supposed to have a 'cap' on them. Sounds like there will be a flood of approvals in July then.

Since I have applied the goal posts have shifted several times, the timescale is more like 6 months than 5! I was told 3-4 when I first applied. Just got to hope that things improve and they issue the visas asap!!! Was told July, but can't see it to be honest!

Do you know the reason for the delays Polly? We are really lucky that we are both in the UK and will be moving over together (husband has dual nationality). Well, hopefully, as long as they grant me a visa! I don't think I could cope with the uncertainty like you and some others do on here. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer.

Too many visa's to process I suppose, Spouse visa's weren't to be capped, but who knows. The wait is killing us!!! Keeping busy, but it feels like a lifetime away :grumpy1

Hi

We have just bought our one way tickets to oz, seems so real now!!! I am the Aussie have lived in London for almost 14 years now was only meant to stay 2 years, 12 years later finally heading home. Co (LG) has said hubby's permanent visa is likely to be granted in July. Anyway will be in Brisbane on the 6/12/2012 can hardly wait, all very exciting, so looking forward to being back home with family and friends and starting our new lives.

Good luck to everyone going through this whole process, it's an emotional roller coaster, but so worth it in the end!

Ness and Carl