SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Dave,

I did reply but maybe it got lost in the net world somewhere, no worries, I did front load both police check and medical, the police check comes back pretty quickly to be honest, I think mine was done in approx 7 days? I'm guessing that once all your docs are in yours will be mid-august too? so the current processing time must be 5 months?

7 days isn't too bad. I need Scotland & England - not sure if that will slow it down at all. Ill let you know when I get those docs all in - will be interesting how our dates differ. I really want to get my visa in August - so I stand a shot at getting to Sydney in September - so I stand a shot at finding work before the Xmas lull! ;)

Yesssss... Finally after 7 months long waiting, I have received that "precious email" from my case officer today.. Baby, here I come in Sydney next week...

Finally I would like to thanks everyone for your wonderful response whenever I was confused throughout this whole process But the big thanks go to the "POMSINOZ Team" to create such a helpful friendly website and maintaining years and years. Good luck everyone who are still waiting for your "precious email".

7 days isn't too bad. I need Scotland & England - not sure if that will slow it down at all. Ill let you know when I get those docs all in - will be interesting how our dates differ. I really want to get my visa in August - so I stand a shot at getting to Sydney in September - so I stand a shot at finding work before the Xmas lull! ;)

We'll be in Sydney too! Hopefully we'll all get there for Spring just in time for a lovely hot summer which they must be due after this years awful summer.

Hope your Police checks come through quickly for you!

Yesssss... Finally after 7 months long waiting, I have received that "precious email" from my case officer today.. Baby, here I come in Sydney next week...

Finally I would like to thanks everyone for your wonderful response whenever I was confused throughout this whole process But the big thanks go to the "POMSINOZ Team" to create such a helpful friendly website and maintaining years and years. Good luck everyone who are still waiting for your "precious email".

Congrats Mystic. 7 months sounds a bit more than the usual - any ideas why yours took a little longer?

Dave

We'll be in Sydney too! Hopefully we'll all get there for Spring just in time for a lovely hot summer which they must be due after this years awful summer.

Hope your Police checks come through quickly for you!

Nice one - shall have to see if we can organise one of the PIO meetups I see on here sometimes for those that make it.

Congrats Mystic. 7 months sounds a bit more than the usual - any ideas why yours took a little longer?

Dave

Thanks Dave. Although applied in London, but because I am from high risk country, it took long time for security clearance. Anyway worth waiting. Very happy.

Edited by mystic198211

What visa are u applying for? Mines a PMV and the current times are 4 months, they did warn me they can increase though and with a PMV you can return to aus on a tourist visa So that's an opition.

Didn't think front loading made a diff but it does make u feel better when you know there's nothing more you can do! medicals annoyed me cuz everywhere charges diff, I was lucky and my nearest one was a cheaper one but some people in London area are paying out a lot! And what r suppose to do hey, it's your future

Best of luck!!! Looks like lots of us are in the same boat.

Guest jimmyciara121

We are applying for a partnership/spouse visa, i am Australian and my partner is English. We applied offshore through Aus house in London :)

Guest wardie77

Hello everyone!

Just for your info, I have just submitted our application for a 309 / 100 partner visa!

Some info if you are interested.

Been together for 5 years

Lived together for 4 years (Feb 2008 - current)

Engaged in Italy in May 2009

Married in Adelaide in December 2010

Joint bank account and all that stuff since Jan 2009

Loads of travel together over the last 5 years with evidence

Really hopeing for the 100 permanent but happy with the 309 too. We are getting plans together to leave the UK at the end of August and also in the process of getting transfers to Sydney with work.

Good luck to anyone else submitting in March!

Edited by wardie77

Hey, has anyone returned to aus on a tourist visa? While waiting for a prospective marriage visa.

Which tourist visa did you get? There's the evisitor visa or the 676

Thanks!!!! :)

Guest wardie77
Hello everyone!

Just for your info, I have just submitted our application for a 309 / 100 partner visa!

Some info if you are interested.

Been together for 5 years

Lived together for 4 years (2008 - current)

Engaged in Italy in May 2009

Married in Adelaide in December 2010

Joint bank account and all that stuff since Jan 2009

Loads of travel together over the last 5 years with evidence

Really hopeing for the 100 permanent but happy with the 309 too. We are getting plans together to leave the UK at the end of August and also in the process of getting transfers to Sydney with work.

Good luck to anyone else submitting in March!

I meant to say, we live in London so submitting through Aus House, Strand.

Hey, has anyone returned to aus on a tourist visa? While waiting for a prospective marriage visa.

Which tourist visa did you get? There's the evisitor visa or the 676

Thanks!!!! :)

Hey... I got too sick of waiting for the thing to come through, so I got myself an evisitor and arrived last week. I had armed myself with a one way ticket to New Zealand dated when my visa is due to be granted (end of april), and I printed off emails from my CO... To my surprise, they didn't ask me anything and I got through customs and Quarantine in all of 5mins... Go figure...

It feels so nice to finally be with my partner again... Since I'm not allowed to work, I'm just treating this like a mini holiday and am loving every second. :wink:

Hi , I am an ozzy living in the uk with my english wife , we are looking to go to oz in about 3 years time . just thought i would get a head start on knowing how the spouse visa works. I was reading the booklet and it says that they dont except the decorative marriage certificate that we were given on our wedding day. if this is the case how do we get the one that they wont. slightly confused as we used this certificate to change my wifes name on her passport.

Hey mtlboi! Thanks for that :) I actually called aus house to check the one way tourist visa flight i wanna book.apparently lots of people travel on a one way flight and that's fine, taking emails from co is good back up and obiously showing you have good funds to leave again but she told me they probably won't question it because they know I have to leave again to approve my next visa.

Our town was just flooded and my partner is working 24/7 so be nice to go back and just be there for him. My brother and his wife/kids are out there too so like you said ,,.little holiday before the wedding Madness starts! It's also cheaper to actually book a ticket and go back then wait lethe official go ahead and book a short notice flight at over Grand!

How long did it take together you evisitor visa?

Guest wardie77
Hi , I am an ozzy living in the uk with my english wife , we are looking to go to oz in about 3 years time . just thought i would get a head start on knowing how the spouse visa works. I was reading the booklet and it says that they dont except the decorative marriage certificate that we were given on our wedding day. if this is the case how do we get the one that they wont. slightly confused as we used this certificate to change my wifes name on her passport.

Hi squiz, this is fairly straight forward. Just go onto the births deaths & marriages website and you can follow the instructions on there. The "official" one has your parents names and more detail than the decorative one. They will just post it out to you.

Guest wardie77
Hey mtlboi! Thanks for that :) I actually called aus house to check the one way tourist visa flight i wanna book.apparently lots of people travel on a one way flight and that's fine, taking emails from co is good back up and obiously showing you have good funds to leave again but she told me they probably won't question it because they know I have to leave again to approve my next visa.

Our town was just flooded and my partner is working 24/7 so be nice to go back and just be there for him. My brother and his wife/kids are out there too so like you said ,,.little holiday before the wedding Madness starts! It's also cheaper to actually book a ticket and go back then wait lethe official go ahead and book a short notice flight at over Grand!

How long did it take together you evisitor visa?

Hi dr27, the evisitor can be done online and is electronic. the ones I have got in the past are approved on the same day, if not the next.

Guest twowelshysoneaussie

I'm an Australian living in Wales with my husband and baby daughter. I thought I would add my stats as checking my email gets a bit boring!!

Married on the 31st of October 2011 in Wales.

Sent application by post to London: 15th of November.(frontloaded with police checks)

Daughter born on November 24th

Medical check done on the 15th of Dec

Daughter's birth certificate sent end of Dec

Email received stating that no further info was needed: Jan 10th

Applied for my daughters citizenship in Feb-received certificate.

We've booked tickets to Melbourne for April 24th so fingers (and toes) crossed that it all goes smoothly!!

CO is SV.

Guest Bazinga

It's got nothing to do with being kind. I wish I knew what it had to do with. It is a bit frustrating to be told that yes it will be granted after a certain date (4 months) so why not straight away. Our CO has been fantastic & very good with sharing information. 4.5-5months seem to be the average at the moment. I just it depends on how busy they are.

Any ideas why it takes up to 12 months if lodging in Oz, but only 3 if in England?!

Maybe On-shore is considered you are 'already home' where as off-shore you could be being prevented from being with loved ones

and so it is more important to get the case evaluated? I suppose its also possible they want to encourage people to apply off-shore

so they can refuse entry without potentially having over stayers and the costs that brings for refused visa's.

( p.s Actual processing times are 6 months from the UK)

Are you there. I sent you a Private Message a few weeks ago but didn't hear from you so maybe it got lost. Anyway I think you said your OH would be away by now and I know you've got your medical this week, so I just wanted to wish you well. Good Luck:smile: