SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest wardie77
Thank you for your message wardie77! So I am ok to apply for these checks before? It is just the health check that may need to be done after?

We have quite a lot of travel docs etc and we have been a little more stable over the past year or so (even thought we have still been living with my parents!) Eeek it is just a bit nerve racking. I keep thinking about what if we don't have any info. Is it common for these visa to get rejected? We have been together 3 years now and I keep thinking about all the things I could've saved if I had just thought ahead.

Ahh well I am sure we will be ok :)

You can get your police check done beforehand and submit this with your application, it is only the Meds you have to wait for your case number before the clinic will accept you for a medical.

As long as you have correspondance addressed to you at the same address you should be on the right track. Just try and get as much as you can. If you have truely been together they will be able to see that. Everyone have different circumstances and every case is unique.

Good luck!!

Guest laroo76
Thank you for your message wardie77! So I am ok to apply for these checks before? It is just the health check that may need to be done after?

We have quite a lot of travel docs etc and we have been a little more stable over the past year or so (even thought we have still been living with my parents!) Eeek it is just a bit nerve racking. I keep thinking about what if we don't have any info. Is it common for these visa to get rejected? We have been together 3 years now and I keep thinking about all the things I could've saved if I had just thought ahead.

The only thing to remember is that once you have done your medicals or police check, once your visa is approved, you have to be in Australia before the medicals or police check expire (they have 1 year validity) whichever comes first.

You can get your police check done beforehand and submit this with your application, it is only the Meds you have to wait for your case number before the clinic will accept you for a medical.

As long as you have correspondance addressed to you at the same address you should be on the right track. Just try and get as much as you can. If you have truely been together they will be able to see that. Everyone have different circumstances and every case is unique.

Good luck!!

Unless the rules have changed you are able to "front load" your application with your meds. My wife did hers 2 weeks before we sent off her application. She had her meds done in Manchester.

I wouldmake sure that you can prove that you are in a defacto relationship. Joint bank accounts, named on each others insurances etc all help to prove that you are just not boyfriend and girlfriend.

Good luck

Guest nick2704

Hi Ellie!

I just sent off my application last Thurs, got a case officer on Monday and all they asked for was to get meds - no extra info needed. My OH and I also lived with my mum for a time, and our relationship is not 100% straightforward, but we did a timeline of all the major events of our relationship, including where we lived and when, getting jobs, going on holiday etc. I also put together a summary of all the evidence that we were providing under each of the 4 categories in the partner booklet, so it also helped me be confident that we were providing enough. Even when we lived with my mum I included copies of letters to each of us at the same address, one for every month we have been together.

Also when I did our timeline I indicated what evidence there was to prove particular things, i.e. when we first lived together in australia, although we dont have a copy of the lease any more I put in my student visa from that time and letters addressed to us at that address, or when OH got a new job the email from them confirming his interview.

And maybe if you feel you are light on documentary proof you could go stronger on stat decs, aim to put in a dozen or something from family and friends who've known you guys the whole time?

Thanks guys. Im just fretting so much trying to get everything together. It's hard as well when we have spent the majority of our relationship in Australia and now we are in the UK. I have asked my partners mum to search through all our belgonging back there and she is sending over what she can!

Hoping to have quite a few stat declarations as well.

Im sturggling to get on my online banking and havw to call oz which is not only expensive but it's finding the right time too.

I'm just a big old stress head at the moment!

How did you guys organise your things? I know you're suppose to leave everything lose but then how do you justify sending it in? Hmpfh.

Sorry for all my questions!!:arghh:

Guest wardie77
Unless the rules have changed you are able to "front load" your application with your meds. My wife did hers 2 weeks before we sent off her application. She had her meds done in Manchester.

I wouldmake sure that you can prove that you are in a defacto relationship. Joint bank accounts, named on each others insurances etc all help to prove that you are just not boyfriend and girlfriend.

Good luck

You can frontload the Plice checks but certainly in London the clinics to get your meds done will not make an appointment without your case file number, this is because the meds are now submitted electronically and so they need the reference number to send them to AH.

Guest laroo76
You can frontload the Plice checks but certainly in London the clinics to get your meds done will not make an appointment without your case file number, this is because the meds are now submitted electronically and so they need the reference number to send them to AH.

Yes that's right, we weren't allowed to front load meds either. We had to have a reference from our CO before we were allowed to do meds in London.

Guest lusso
Hi Ellie!

I just sent off my application last Thurs, got a case officer on Monday and all they asked for was to get meds - no extra info needed. My OH and I also lived with my mum for a time, and our relationship is not 100% straightforward, but we did a timeline of all the major events of our relationship, including where we lived and when, getting jobs, going on holiday etc. I also put together a summary of all the evidence that we were providing under each of the 4 categories in the partner booklet, so it also helped me be confident that we were providing enough. Even when we lived with my mum I included copies of letters to each of us at the same address, one for every month we have been together.

Also when I did our timeline I indicated what evidence there was to prove particular things, i.e. when we first lived together in australia, although we dont have a copy of the lease any more I put in my student visa from that time and letters addressed to us at that address, or when OH got a new job the email from them confirming his interview.

And maybe if you feel you are light on documentary proof you could go stronger on stat decs, aim to put in a dozen or something from family and friends who've known you guys the whole time?

This is very similar to my situation, me and my partner are 23 and we have been together for 6 and a half years but we have been back and foward the whole time! we have lived in the uk at my mums house for the last 2 and a half years so we didn't have any rental agreement or joint bills to provide - we didn't actually have a joint bank account either! we spent the year before this living apart most of the time, with me studying in the uk and him staying with family in australia and before that we spent a couple of years travelling..

despite this we have just been granted the subclass 100! we do have a one year old together but i was still quite surprised. i typed his name into my emails and pretty much printed off everything that came up, flight itineries, hotel bookings, insurance policies, emails to each other, emails to both of us. we gave bank statements both addressed to my mums house and showing the standing order he had set up to my account each month to help with food shopping and savings. we wrote a statement describing our daily routine and how we distribute housework, financial commitments and childcare. a photo copy of the receipt and reg docs showing he paid for my car a couple of years ago.. pay slips showing we worked at the same restaurant in australia and a timeline similar to the one nick has described, inc photos showing us from 16 years old to now!

Ellie i think you'd do well to get hold of anything and everything and try to split it between the 4 catagories nick has described. the worse that can happen is that they send back bits they don't need. i haven't had anything sent back though.

btw i don't know where you live but i had my meds done at the bridge clinic maidenhead and frontloaded them with my app back in nov X

Guest laroo76

Ok, so I checked my hubbys UK passport and its not one of the biometric ones, so how will this work when he eventually gets his visa? Will he have to get a new passport or will this put something in his old one? Hmmmm

It's my birthday this weekend and all I want is for my hubby's visa to come through!!! :biggrin:

Here hoping For you Laroo76 lets hope you get your birthday pressie xx

Thanks guys. Im just fretting so much trying to get everything together. It's hard as well when we have spent the majority of our relationship in Australia and now we are in the UK. I have asked my partners mum to search through all our belgonging back there and she is sending over what she can!

Hoping to have quite a few stat declarations as well.

Im sturggling to get on my online banking and havw to call oz which is not only expensive but it's finding the right time too.

I'm just a big old stress head at the moment!

How did you guys organise your things? I know you're suppose to leave everything lose but then how do you justify sending it in? Hmpfh.

Sorry for all my questions!!:arghh:

It is a bit of a nightmare even when I am used to dealing with paperwork throuhg my work as a lawyer. We collected all the documentation and then went through each of the items on the document checklist on the back of the Form 47SP. We put tabs between each set of documents so that we could mark the documents accordingly e.g. continuing relationship evidence, written statements, stat decs.

I would not fret since it will be obvious that your application is genuine. We even included football membership cards and gym memberships.

Guest wardie77
It's my birthday this weekend and all I want is for my hubby's visa to come through!!! :biggrin:

Happy birthday for the weekend!! Lets hope your C/O is reading this thread and is kind to you... 4h50mins left of the week for them to give you the approval.

Just out of interest, when you applied and your case officer spoke to you, did they tell you at that point you were effectively approved it was just a matter of processing, or have they not said anything at all???

Guest nimhug

Happy birthday! What a wonderful pressie that would be! 2 hrs....

Guest laroo76

AARRRRGBHGHHHHH!!!! I dont believe it,, it actually happened!!!My bleeding birthday wish came true!!! At 15.15pm today our visa was APPROVED!!!!:biglaugh::biggrin:

I can't actually believe its my turn to announce this!!

So here are our deets

Applied in person 4/11/12 - money taken that day

CO allocated roughly a week later and asked for Meds.

Received 100 visa 16/3/12...

WOO HOO

So thats 4 months and 12 days!!!!!

YYYEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sorry that was the country bumpkin coming out!!!!

Guest Tashywood
AARRRRGBHGHHHHH!!!! I dont believe it,, it actually happened!!!My bleeding birthday wish came true!!! At 15.15pm today our visa was APPROVED!!!!:biglaugh::biggrin:

So here are our deets

WOO HOO

YYYEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sorry that was the country bumpkin coming out!!!!

Congratulations and happy birthday! Best present you could have had I imagine!

Enjoy the celebrations this weekend!

So here are our deets

WOO HOO

congrats chick what a birthday pressie dead happy for you xx have a good weekend

Hi there!!!! Just wanted some idea on how anyone's prospective visa is going? Thought it would be good if anyone was going through the same thing around this time :)

So I'm in the uk and we sent the visa and it was received 25th Jan ...requested medicals and had them 31st so that was super quick! Then all medicals, police checks were sent 28th feb (took a bit longer cuz my partner had to get a police check cuz he's from nz)

Had confirmation on 5th march that CO was happy we had provided all outstanding forms and we needed to wait out the 5 months. I then asked few questions and she told me the current waiting time was 4 months. she also said she does not intend to refuse our visa so that's a nice piece of confirmation. Not going to count my chickens thou!!!!

Is that 4 months from the time the visa was first revived? In our case 25th Jan?

Any help advice I'd really appreciate it. Can't wait for that feeling when I know I'm actually getting married

Guest Bazinga
Hi there!!!! Just wanted some idea on how anyone's prospective visa is going? Thought it would be good if anyone was going through the same thing around this time :)

So I'm in the uk and we sent the visa and it was received 25th Jan ...requested medicals and had them 31st so that was super quick! Then all medicals, police checks were sent 28th feb (took a bit longer cuz my partner had to get a police check cuz he's from nz)

Had confirmation on 5th march that CO was happy we had provided all outstanding forms and we needed to wait out the 5 months. I then asked few questions and she told me the current waiting time was 4 months. she also said she does not intend to refuse our visa so that's a nice piece of confirmation. Not going to count my chickens thou!!!!

Is that 4 months from the time the visa was first revived? In our case 25th Jan?

Any help advice I'd really appreciate it. Can't wait for that feeling when I know I'm actually getting married

You are the day after me so anytime after May 25th which is 4 months you will have your visa!

You are the day after me so anytime after May 25th which is 4 months you will have your visa!

No way lol! Do u mind if I private message you? Sooo glad there's someone in my boat!

D x