SA State Sponsorship - Are you waiting

Guest The "legdes"

I really don't get this. Bloody good luck to all who have had their SS granted but how is it that many have applied much later than me and I'm still waiting to hear. Seems to me the SA gov are every bit as incompetent as our own!

Hey Damo, try not to let it get you down, We havn't heard anything either, still waiting for a c/o, we have now sent off for police checks, had x-rays last monday and meds are booked for this coming wednesday, nothing we can do after that, just wait and fingers crossed it won't be too much longer,

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all - having received confimation of Sponsorship from ACT (which we were advised they would reassess our application in Jul and we were under the impression we were not going to obtain) hence why we applied for SA, we have withdrawn our application with SA. We are able to now apply for a 176 to ACT which is great great news. Good luck to all those applying - Adelaide looks like a fantastic place to move to and I am sure we would have been extremely happy there. Anyway now we focus all attention on Canberra and hope to move by the end of the year......

Guest The "legdes"

Latest Update:

SA SS App Progress

chidge10--------------04/03-------16/03---------------176.....granted 24/4 (40 days)

Mariana--------------04/03-------16/03---------------475...granted 22/4 ? (38 days?)

daffodil -------------04/03----------/-------------- granted 29/4

Mel.R------------------------------17/03---------------25/03 .......granted 28/4 (43 days)

mily----------------------------------/------------------25/03........granted 28/4 (43 days)

wingywangwoo-------------------/------------------30/4 granted

The "legdes"----------------------23/03-----(176)---02/04-------rejected... 30/4 ... queried as weren't over the DIAC age limit 30/4....granted 4/5 (39/43 days)

tigers08---------------------------23/03---------------02/04------granted 30/4 (28 days)

Dawny-----------------------24/03-----(176)----06/04------------ granted 30/04 (25 days)

Kelly(Taylors08)--------------------------------06/04------(176)----granted 24/5 (19 days)

L1sa--------------------------13/3---------------19/04------------- 15/5------- (28 days)

Briggs---------------------------------------------08/04------------15/5--------(38 days)

Damo-------------------------/---(176)----------09/04---------(not fl) --

Merlino---------------------/-----------------09/04---------(nt fl - 475)-----18/5 (40days)

katypritchard---------------27/03---------------09/04[/img]-----6/4 granted ss (35 days)

paddy-----------------------25/3---------------16/4---------------18/5 granted ( 33 days)

Kelly&gazpj---------------------------------------------------------granted 21/5

paulimouse------27/4-----(475)--------6/5---------ACT granted 25/5 ..SA shame you took too long !!

SA SS DIAC Progress

Name ____Visa SA DATE FL DIAC LODGE DIAC CO VISA DAYS TAKEN

Marianna - 475........22/4................

Chidge10 - 176 .......24/4......(FL).....

Mel R - ...................28/4.......................................CO 14/5.......Visa !!!!!! 19/5

Mily ?? - ................28/4....................

JackyL..........................29/4..................................CO 14/5

Tigers08 - ..................30/4.........(FL).................. CO 13/5........VISA !!!!! 15/5 (15 days )

Wingywangwoo .............30/4...............

Dawny - 176 ...........30/4..................

Ledges (Caroline)- 176 ..4/5 ...(07/07/08, FL&met).......

GForce2001.......14/5.................

L1sa .................15/5..................

Briggs................15/5...........475 ...not FL ... CO 21/5 (6 days)....

Kelly (Taylors08).15/5.......

Paddy..................18/5.................

Merlino.............................18/5.............(not FL)...

Kelly&gazpj........................21/5.............................

Guest The "legdes"

Hey Damo,

I think you've been waiting too long now - I'd definately give them a ring. I don't have a number do you ? You can tell them all of your friends have now been granted .

Caroline

Guest chidge10

Hi everyone.

I have today received an email from what I think must be my newly appointed case officer asking for my Vetasses cert to confirm that I have passed the test. Seems a bit strange to me seeing that I have already sent certified copies off to them quite some time ago. Perhaps their just checking me out.

I take it that this now means I have a case officer ???????????????/

Has anyone else had a request for documents that they have already supplied ?

Cheers Chidge

Guest damo

Yeah, it's not fair! There's a number to call but I'm gonna have to do it from work, I'll have to wait till the boss isn't about - hope he doesn't check the outgoing calls:( I'm hoping it's just an admin error on their part, surely even a 'no' decision shouldn't take this long and I can't see any reason why they should refuse me. Always seems to be me that gets the crap.....never mind, it's given me a chance to plan a summer holiday while I'm waiting

i have everything uploaded since the 17th may, i have a CO allocated since 20th may.... but nothing has chnaged on my status page, nor any email requesting medicals..

is this normal? i am getting worried now.

Guest The "legdes"

SA SS Application Progress

SA SS DIAC Progress

Name ____Visa SA DATE FL DIAC LODGE DIAC CO VISA DAYS TAKEN

Marianna - 475........22/4................

Chidge10 - 176 .......24/4......(FL).....CO 25/5........

Mel R - ...................28/4.......................................CO 14/5.......Visa !!!!!! 19/5

Mily ?? - ................28/4....................

JackyL..........................29/4..................................CO 14/5

Tigers08 - ..................30/4.........(FL).................. CO 13/5........VISA !!!!! 15/5 (15 days )

Wingywangwoo .............30/4...............

Dawny - 176 ...........30/4..................

Ledges (Caroline)- 176 ..4/5 ...(07/07/08, FL&met).......

GForce2001.......14/5.................

L1sa .................15/5..................

Briggs................15/5...........475 ...not FL ... CO 21/5 (6 days)....

Kelly (Taylors08).15/5.......

Paddy..................18/5.................

Merlino.............................18/5.............(not FL)...

Kelly&gazpj........................21/5.............................

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Damo - US TOO !!

Its not fair and the waiting is so crap. We are doing the same as you - have booked a hol for June. We really need a break from all this waiting. Its such a strain.

Hope your call really kicks things off for you.

:hug:

Yeah, it's not fair! There's a number to call but I'm gonna have to do it from work, I'll have to wait till the boss isn't about - hope he doesn't check the outgoing calls:( I'm hoping it's just an admin error on their part, surely even a 'no' decision shouldn't take this long and I can't see any reason why they should refuse me. Always seems to be me that gets the crap.....never mind, it's given me a chance to plan a summer holiday while I'm waiting

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Guys,

I've just learnt from another post that DIAC are actually saying it can be 2 months before they register your SS and then 10 days after that for the CO.

Well I think we know we are seeing a better picture than that but nevertheless it gives us something else to measure against.

SA SS Application Progress

SA SS DIAC Progress

Name ____Visa, SA DATE, FL, DIAC LODGE, 2 mth, DIAC CO, VISA date/Days

Marianna - 475...22/4............................22/6......

Chidge10 - 176 ..24/4...(FL)..................24/6.......CO 25/5........

Mel R - ...................28/4.......................28/6.......CO 14/5...Visa 19/5 -21 days

Mily ?? - ................28/4........................28/6.....

JackyL..........................29/4..................29/6......CO 14/5

Tigers08 - ..................30/4.........(FL)....30/6... CO 13/5....VISA 15/5 -15 days

Wingywangwoo .............30/4...............30/6....

Dawny - 176 ...........30/4.......................30/6...

Ledges- 176 ..4/5 ...(07/07, FL&met)....4/7....

GForce2001.......14/5..............................14/7....

L1sa .................15/5.............................15/7.....

Briggs - 475.......15/5....not FL .............15/7.. CO 21/5 (6 days)....

Kelly (Taylors08).15/5.........................15/7....

Paddy..................18/5..........................18/7...

Merlino................18/5..(not FL)...........18/7...

Kelly&gazpj........21/5...........................21/7..

...............we could all still get there by August !!!!!:hug:

Hi all,

I was allocated a CO in early Feb, who then requested further information such as meds and pol checks. It took us a while to get all of this done due to a med report for my wife we had to wait for and pol checks from south africa. I finally emailed the final document this past weekend. But I have now seen that the immi visa spaces have once again been decreased. Does this mean all of use not yet granted a visa might be judged more harshly so that they can make their 2009/2010 quota? Or will it simply mean that we might not receive the visa this year, but possibly later.

In other words, can they refsue our application based on the lower visas available, whereas we might have received it when the number of visas were higher? Or does it simply mean there is now a longer wait??

Guest Taylors08

Hey All

Just checked online today is it doesnt say anything about commenced progress further, but the dates for my OH medicals are finalised as todays date and the document checklist now says met with a few outstanding still. Does this mean we now have a Case officer? And will they get intouch with us about what they require?

Kelly

Guest tigers08
Checked our online tracking this morning, and i can say there is some movement, woo hoo, it now say application being processed further! Some good news at last x

get in there dawny, co then eh. did u just do your meds too, wont be long for you guys now .

get in there dawny, co then eh. did u just do your meds too, wont be long for you guys now .

Hope so Phil, we havn't had a email to say we have c/o? But meds are to day! The last thing we can do, so heres hoping its not a long wait x

Guest Mel.R
Hope so Phil, we havn't had a email to say we have c/o? But meds are to day! The last thing we can do, so heres hoping its not a long wait x

Hooray - well done Dawny!!! Shouldn't be too long now. We didn't get an email to say we had a case officer - just the one from the agent when the visa was granted!!

Mel

xx

Guest tigers08

great stuff, once your meds are finalised u be up and running . we just booked our flights today, 1700 pound from heathrow to adelaide with cathey pacific. so we nervous and excited today lol thats for 4 of us too.

Guest Mel.R
great stuff, once your meds are finalised u be up and running . we just booked our flights today, 1700 pound from heathrow to adelaide with cathey pacific. so we nervous and excited today lol thats for 4 of us too.

That's a good price. When are you flying? Are you going to have a stopover on the way?

We are just waiting for the house sale to complete on 11th June (it exchanged last Friday finally) and then we are going to book our flights. But we are planning a few nights stopover on the way.

Mel

xx

hi all checked our online application today also says processed further and all medical info is met and finalised but doc checklist says still all required have we got the allusive C,O who knows

Thats fantastic!!! wish you and everybody else all the best of luck.

i had CO assinged on the 20th may 09, but checklist is still saying requested.

I have not had a email from DIAC either. So i am a bit confused.

However i am taking my chances now...i sent off for police checks yesterday and i have booked medicals for the 12th june 09.

is this all normal? or am i being over paronaoid? i have no agent.

thanks !

Guest The "legdes"

Briggsy,

I think you are doing the right thing especially if you are trying to hurry things along.

Archived